x PhoneArena is looking for new authors! To view all available positions, click here.
LG Cosmos Touch Discussions
  • Options
    Close

Lg Cosmos Touch...SUCKS

Sleek (unregistered) 08 Nov 2010, 19:46 posted on

From what I've seen the cosmos touch sucks. I had the cosmos and I hated. An ugly bulky featureless phone. I thought they'd make this one much better than the old. 2/3 megapixel camera, video capture, better keyboard, etc...

posted on 09 Nov 2010, 16:03 1

1. Zorin (Posts: 152; Member since: 26 Jul 2010)

This phone pwns gen. 1. Keep the hate at the door, dummy.

posted on 22 Nov 2010, 18:57

2. jblomdahl (unregistered)

this phone sucks. i love my enV touch much better.
the battery is horrible. it is the slowest phone ever.
i will be texting &im at the 19th word , annd its only at
the second word..!
i hate this phone. waarning* do not buy this piece of crap..! >.

posted on 23 Nov 2010, 13:44

3. Zorin (Posts: 152; Member since: 26 Jul 2010)

The cosmos touch just came out today (11/23). How can it suck? And if it does, why does it suck? Clarify please or just don't post stupid childish txt.

posted on 22 Dec 2010, 09:24

19. fghyab gf (unregistered)

warning: liar/:

posted on 25 Nov 2010, 13:07

4. Jocelyn (unregistered)

i had this phone for 3 months and it broke, the screen went blank and it wouldnt go back. this just proves to me that LG did a shit-job at making it and that i should just get a samsung

posted on 26 Nov 2010, 18:14

6. Eh (unregistered)

This phone came out 3 days ago, mate. Not 3 months.

posted on 05 Dec 2010, 20:38

11. rmthunder (unregistered)

How can you have had it for three months when it just came out in November??

posted on 22 Dec 2010, 09:22

18. fghyab gf (unregistered)

wow you kind of just got told because your lying. it came out in november, so have fun with that

posted on 26 Oct 2011, 13:59

32. lelu500 (Posts: 2; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)

It came out earlier in different places, smart one!

posted on 25 Nov 2010, 15:13

5. dctalk1181 (unregistered)

If the phone just came out the other day, how in the world did you have it for three months? stop posting stupid crap so that someone who's trying to find actual review can get a realistic poinion.

posted on 30 Nov 2010, 09:31

7. KATE (unregistered)

i'm hoping that this phone will be right, I just ordered it.. by the comments i see above ^^ not a very good phone!
hope too prove you wrong.!
and the thing thats awesome about the phone.. it doesnt have a data package!
:) someone please prove them wrong!
i think the phone will work amazing!

posted on 18 Mar 2011, 16:16

26. tabithaaaa. (unregistered)

i know me too.. ehh im scareedd haha i dont wanna down grasde to bad i used to have a Lg nv touch. hich now dies every time i send a picture mail or revice one.

posted on 30 Nov 2010, 09:33

8. KATE (unregistered)

the phone just came out in november!
how would you of had it!?

posted on 01 Dec 2010, 14:07

9. Mitch (unregistered)

I think some of the people saying they've had it for months are confusing it with the Cosmos. Anyway i played around with it in the store and I really think its a good phone, except for the keyboard which seems a bit cramped, but not that bad.

posted on 04 Dec 2010, 13:47

10. derek (Posts: 14; Member since: 18 Nov 2010)

so are you basing your opinion of the phone entirely on the old gen? why not try it out because its probably better than the old one, plus alot of people loved the old cosmos

posted on 06 Dec 2010, 16:03

12. Bruth Millionaire (unregistered)

i have one and i have to i hate because its made for no case but i also like it!!!

posted on 15 Dec 2010, 23:07

13. Wackman (unregistered)

This phone is a decent phone. It's far from perfect, but it's a good phone for basic use.

My mom (84 years old) just got it. She was due for an upgrade and she liked my Sprint Hero, so she wanted to try her first touch screen phone.There's been some growing pains, but she loves her phone.

The touch screen is VERY sensitive. I can't scroll through the contacts without accidentally selecting someone. I hope this can be fixed by firmware (at least give us the option to adjust it). The only option for the touchscreen is calibration, but you press cross-hairs that move from corner to corner until it's calibrated. It doesn't affect the sensitivity, though.

Although the camera is only 1.3 MP (or is that 1.5?), it's decent for casual usage. I took a picture of our Christmas tree and sent it to my sister's phone. My Hero's 5 MP camera isn't that much better.

On a scale from 1-10, I'd probably give it a 6 or a 7. It's a good phone, sound quality is good, build quality is very good. Just please, Verizon/LG, give us an OTA fix for the sensitivity!

posted on 17 Dec 2010, 07:15

14. SomeoneSpecial (unregistered)

This really scares me, My dad just bought me this phone, and now I feel like it sucks.. I havent even got the chance to use it...

posted on 18 Dec 2010, 14:11

15. FlamboyantFantasy (unregistered)

Hi, I feel the same way someonespecial, my dad bought me it yesterday and now im not sure, I can always bring it back. The crux looks like a good phone, but it oesnt have a good keyboard, and im kinda a heavy texter, but yeah, gen you either a lyer, or you mistakened this as the original cosmos, its not silly, i suggest posting that on the other cosmo. If it had only been out for 3 days, howcome you said you had it for 3 months, Some people are realy ignorant.

posted on 26 Oct 2011, 14:01

33. lelu500 (Posts: 2; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)

No, dude. The cosmos touch was out for more than 3 days in OTHER places. but in most places it came out 3 days ago.

posted on 20 Dec 2010, 15:36

16. katy (unregistered)

I got it December 3rd.. and its true.. it sucks... so slow when texting.. it cant keep up with you and freezes many times. and if your inbox is a little full then it starts to freeze.. slowest phone ever.. the lg dare i had before was a lot better!

posted on 22 Dec 2010, 09:19

17. fghyab gf (unregistered)

you are lying. obviously it has features. im getting it today. so you can bite me.

posted on 07 Jan 2011, 19:55

20. im always right (unregistered)

i have to say this. and dont be a hater. i got this phone on christmas eve. and i brought it back a few days after. because the battery lasted around 4 hours (which is pathetic). so i got the same phone, to give it another try. and now i have to take this one back because its a piece. every 3 or so text messages it works. but usually, when i press send, it shuts off and i have to re type the whole thing!!!!!! which is very annoying. and this battery lasts about a day. i suggest not to buy this phone. its a piece of poo. i absolutly hate it and want to chuck it at my wall. I HATE THIS PHONE!

posted on 07 Jan 2011, 20:02

21. you are always right (unregistered)

it is true. everyone should listen to you. because your right. always. and. i was in the same exact sitiation. so.... your always right. everyone listen to this brainiac. this person knows their stuff. i love you, your always right. and one more thing... i think we were made for eachother. ;)

posted on 07 Jan 2011, 20:03

22. random person (unregistered)

a little creepy... but yes. this phone is 210% shiz.

posted on 06 Feb 2011, 08:36

23. Ben (unregistered)

Got it for couple days, it froze twice at loading... text message and then reboots. Had similar problem with EnvTouch, and this replacement has the same problem...

posted on 14 Feb 2011, 15:02

24. LittleLovley (unregistered)

My dad just got me the phone too. It should be coming in the mail tomorrow or Wednesday. I played with it a little in the store but not much. I go through phones like crazy. Is it durable at all?

posted on 27 Feb 2011, 12:13

25. Alex (unregistered)

I had it for 3 days so far it automatically turns on and off on me and the screen went black permanently; Dear LG phones, suck my dick

posted on 20 Mar 2011, 13:53

27. anothersuckertobuyit (unregistered)

this phone was supposed to have video taping capiblity, WRONG! If it had it, I'd keep the phone, and deal with the touchscreen, and only because there is the keyboard letter pad etc. Since when do we have to be cheated out of the options from the older phones we had!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! R I D I C U L O U S! It is going back!

posted on 01 Apr 2011, 09:38

29. buysmart (unregistered)

Why dont you just buy a smart phone and get it over with

posted on 29 Jul 2011, 13:04

30. finestsounds (unregistered)

I've had this phone since April 11. Worst.Phone.Ever. I've been with Verizon for over a decade and this is the worst cell phone I've ever owned. Top of the list: Terrible reception! I pay extra for Verizon to get good reception and I never get a good signal with this phone. Sound quality sucks. Don't even bother getting a data package with this phone unless you like waiting several minutes for a page to load, it's a joke. Poor design throughout. This phone is a disgrace and there should be a class action suit for all owners of this piece of garbage. Phone does wierd things like start talking about subsribing to features I don't want out of nowhere - incredibly bizarre and annoying. I had Verizon ship me 4 different Cosmos Touches, and each one is equally crappy. Verizon refused to exchange it for a different phone even after owning it for only one week. As mentioned, I have beem a Verizon Wireless customer for over 10 years, paying on time and in full every month. I will be sufferring with this phone for another year and a half, then I am switching carriers. Any suggestions? Oh yeah, AVOID THIS PHONE!

posted on 13 Sep 2011, 13:11

31. mary (unregistered)

Several concerns about LG Cosmos Touch:The battery needs to be recharged every day even with little use. The scroll is too sensitive. It moves so fast and ends and places a call which is often to the wrong person! Embarrasing.
When answering or turning on I get a "Browse download list of add ons" which I never want but must press to move on to a calling screen. Today it offered a second annonying screen after Browse download: "What happened on this day". I really do not want to have to delete two screens to make a call. Help. Anyone know how to get rid of this? I took my phone to the Verizon store and they were no help as the "Browse download" would not come up for them. Must be intermittent.

posted on 29 Nov 2011, 17:28

34. crm089 (Posts: 1; Member since: 29 Nov 2011)

Have they upgraded the phone since then? Cause my mom just bought me one yesterday (11/28/11), and if it messes up like how you guys say it does, I'm gonna be so mad... I was really looking forward to getting one though, because my friend has one and it works perfectly. She absolutley loves it and she uses it all the time :) I'm sorry for boring you, but is there any chance that they might have fixed it? (I hope so cause I'm really looking forward to getting a new phone!)

posted on 14 Mar 2012, 19:58

35. bluewinds (Posts: 1; Member since: 14 Mar 2012)

Never liked LG phones...
stupid design without thinking about how you would use it.
I bought HTC instead

Want to comment? Please login or register.

Buy Accessories

Latest stories