LG Chocolate Touch VX8575 User Reviews

Text input4.1/10
UI speed4.2/10
Camera5.3/10

popstar10181
posted on 15 Jun 2012, 11:23 (Posts: 0; Member since: 15 Jun 2012)

Ok...

popstar10181 has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

I got this with a two year contract with Verizon and I CAN'T WAIT UNTIL IT'S OVER! When I try to talk on the phone, everyone sounds like a robot unless it's silent in the background on both ends. The texting seems to run slower then my fingers go so the letters are usually jumbled. The only thing good about this phone is battery, reception and music player. The battery life will usually last 4-7 days for me, and I text A TON. I always have at least 2 bars with this phone, unless I'm at my sisters school or in Publix.

Build quality 8/10 I've dropped it a million times without a case on it, and it did get scratched up but it was not damaged.
Reception 10/10 I always have amazing reception.
Call quality 4/10 Terrible..
Internet 3/10 Really slow!!!

auroralalala
posted on 20 Oct 2011, 02:55 (Posts: 0; Member since: 20 Oct 2011)

this phone is horrible!!!!

auroralalala has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

so, it started that i loved the phone, it was amazing, until about a week or so after i got, it randomly truend off, and i couldnt turn it back on! well alright.. maybe that was messed up, so i took it in and they gave me another one, well this one was pretty good.. until about a month after i had it, the screen started to freeze up, so i took it again, and they gave me another, it happend again, and they hgave me another... i had 5 diffrent fones in less then a year! and then my warrenty ran out on the phone, so i was forced to get an entirly diffrent phone full price, this phone is so hard to text with too, you better have fingernails otherwise it wont work, you try and type with your thumbs, and even with my really small hands i pushed like three diffrent letters at once, now ill admit not everything is bad with it, i loveddd the music palyer, i used it for everything i did! but the speaker phone kindda sucks for it, its really crackely and fuzzy sounding, and i hate how you need headphones for the radio, and wen you want to anser a text messege wile listaning to music, you cant get bak to your music easly at all, you have to go thru all these buttons to change your song, overall i hate this phone and im happy its gone

Call quality 4/10 it would get real fuzzy sometimes even wen i had full bars, and the speaker phone is horrible
Internet 1/10 i dont know... i didnt have interenet on this phone
Multimedia 9/10 i love the music player!!! i just hate how i have to go through a millon buttons to change the artist if i answer a text
Camera 9/10 the camera had really good qulity, i just with it had a better coloring setting for being indoors in mediem kind of lighting
UI speed 4/10 the touch screen seemed to take a longg time to respond
Everyday usage 3/10 notttt a big of this phone at all, some of the featuers are good, but itd be a lot better as an mp player then a cell phone
Text input 1/10 worst texting experence ive ever had!
Display 3/10 i like some of the colors i could choose, i just wish i could personalize it a lot more then picking from three colors and a background
Battery 10/10 i lovedddd the battery on this phone, it would last for days and days and days and days, i hardly ever had to charge, and im a teenager so you can only imagine how much i used my phone

Pros

• music player

Cons

• texting
  • freezes u p all the time
  • turns off randomly
  • keyboard is sooo small

Pc100
posted on 28 Jul 2011, 22:05

Good just good

Pc100 has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

Overall ok nothing great but not bad its a good multimeadia phone texting on this phone can be a pain also it has a VERY good battery life but reception is not great camra is ok. The display is ok its a bit ugly though internet is pretty good along with the ui speed

Pc100 alternatives:

gaga
posted on 17 Jul 2011, 12:13

chocolate touch!!!!!

gaga has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

very good and nicly made. texting is awesome and love the radio app!!!! i will get this phone again for my next updat. i wil say the disply themes could be better but overal its an awesome phone. i love using the music and texting. the calls are easily made anywhere you are.

todd the cool
posted on 29 Jun 2011, 00:34

LG Chocolate Touch sucks i hate it!!!!!

todd the cool has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

i hate this phone i will never get a LG phone again because how much i did not like this phone at all the phone is horible do not get it now i have the new droid 2 and i also love this phone alot better than that pease of crap phone any way all am i sayin is do not get this phone .

Build quality 1/10 crappy plastic
Everyday usage 1/10 i would not use this every day
Text input 1/10 its hard to text with big fingers
Display 3/10 it has okay on display
Battery 1/10 the battery life is bad

Pros

• display

Cons

• every thing sucks about this phone

codymws
posted on 17 May 2011, 20:32 (Posts: 236; Member since: 17 Jun 2010)

Nice at first, but now hating it.

codymws has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

At first it was decent, because it was my first touchscreen phone, and I hadn't seen anything else before. But after having it for over a year, and seeing other devices, I can't stand it anymore. EVERY MORNING it freezes when the alarm goes off, and sometimes I even have to take out the battery. It's a huge pain to text on, sometimes I get so frustrated with it that I just delete everything and stop trying. Web browser is simply the worst I have ever used. Opera Mini on a non-touchscreen would be better. To load a website you have to go to a Verizon URL entry site just to put in the address. AND THAT SITE HAS ADS!!! It's just ridiculous.
But it DOES have decent reception, and some really nice media features. I really like the FM radio. The battery also lasts long.

I would NOT recommend this phone to anyone. They probably stopped selling it because of all the problems it has. Instead I would recommend the Kin TWOm. It's also a feature phone, so it doesn't require any data plan. That's the phone I plan to get once my contract is up with this one.

Build quality 2/10 Cheap plasticy feel
Reception 9/10 Reception just as good as a smartphone
Call quality 8/10 Never experienced dropped call. Could clearly hear person I was talking to.
Internet 2/10 Awful internet browser. It IS HTML, but it's horrible. To go to a website, load your favorites, or search the web you have to load a separate site. JUST TO ENTER THE URL!!!
Multimedia 8/10 Nice music player, Dolby Mobile, FM Radio, VCAST Music with Rhapsody
Camera 4/10 3.2 MP camera with no autofocus or flash
UI speed 3/10 Speed isn't too bad, but the UI is pretty glitchy...
Everyday usage 3/10 Phone freezes every time the alarm goes off.
Text input 2/10 Resistive touchscreen+virtual keyboard=horrible text input
Display 2/10 Resistive touchscreen with bad resolution.
Battery 8/10 Lasts a few days without charging

Pros

• Multimedia features
  • 3.5 mm headphone jack
  • 3G (only EVDO Rev 0)
  • Some apps available
  • VERIZON!

Cons

• Resistive touchscreen
  • Glitchy interface with ugly UI
  • Bad camera
  • Cheap build quality
  • AWFUL keyboard

caitmac92
posted on 04 Feb 2011, 09:20

ehhh

caitmac92 has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

When I first got it, it was a great phone. After dropping it a few times it turns off randomly and just started to drop every call i got. The only problem I hhad with it since day 1 is i can hear everyone perfectly but nobody can hear me unless i yell.

Vikky.
posted on 25 Jan 2011, 17:45

LOVE IT.

Vikky. has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

This phone is a great phone. I only have one problem with it, it restarts out of nowhere. But everything works great. Enjoy texting on it. I've never ONCE had a dropped call. I have service everywhere. I can hear wonderfully on phone calls. I have dropped it countless times and it works amazing. The battery on this phone is the best out there. I use it 24-7. Texting, calling, all that. & it can last at least 2 days.I strongly recommend this phone, if you like touch screen phones.

Call quality 10/10 I don't have internet, so I'm not sure.
Camera 9/10 Great quality, ecspecially outside. Except in house it has not so great camera quality.

Pros

• Camera.
  • Texting.
  • Settings.
  • **Battery.
  • Reception.

Cons

• Restarts for no reason.

hellothere
posted on 30 Dec 2010, 08:13

going downhill

hellothere has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

when i got this phone i was very pleased with it. then a couple days ago it just randomly stopped working and the touch spazzed out. i cant get to the system reset because there is no button: you have to go all the way to the phone security which is a problem because the touch doesnt work. i would not recommend this phone.

JASONSWF
posted on 29 Dec 2010, 18:12

Lousy Product

JASONSWF has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

Phone is a piece of junk. When I press on the screen, more often than not, it fails to respond or selects an adjacent command. Sometimes it takes me five minutes just to access my voicemails. Will never buy another LG product again because of the problems I have had with this phone.

ME
posted on 30 Nov 2010, 01:06

I hate this phone

ME has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

My biggest problem is my phone turns off all the time for no reason. Lately it hasn't been sending text messages because it says there is no service. But it makes phone calls without a problem... The texting on it is awful anyway; but it needs to work. its annoying.

Reception 8/10 I haven't had a problem with reception.
Internet 3/10 Is slow. and keyboard for internet sucks.
Camera 5/10 Takes good pictures; but there is no flash and you cannot zoom.
Everyday usage 3/10 I hate this phone. It turns off on me all the time. It won't send text messages. Says there is no service! But it will make calls just fine... What the heck?
Text input 2/10 SUCKS. It takes forever to text. and its slow and puts the wrong letter all the time. I have to use my pencil with it because it sucks so bad.

Pros

Cons

• sucks at texting
  • turns off all the time

thrasherj22
posted on 05 Nov 2010, 11:31

Can barely text or use the web browser

thrasherj22 has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

The longer I have had this phone, the more I have grown to hate it. It was my first touch screen phone so I was naturally excited to purchase it. However the touch screen sensitivity is well below par. A stylus is needed to do just about anything on this phone, aside from dial calls, and of course it is not included. Unless you have super skinny fingers, let the chocolate touch die in peace.

UI speed 6/10 Locking and unlocking the phone using the external button is very laggy.
Everyday usage 4/10 If all you do is make and receive calls and snap pics in daylight then this phone is fine. Everything else is a pain to use.
Text input 1/10 Terrible!

Pros

• Size: Thin enough to easily fit in your pocket. Fits nicely in the palm of your hand.
  • Music Player: Does the job and also comes with an FM radio, however you need headphones to use that.
  • Call Quality: Nothing to complain about here. Sound is clear and haven't had to repeat myself much. Also has pretty good reception in most places. I've even received texts while on the subway.
  • Camera: Takes excellent photos in daylight and has Intelligent lighting to automatically adjust in different lighting conditions.

Cons

• Touch Screen: Very glitchy, especially when texting. I have found the only way to text on this phone is via T9. The standard 10 digit text option often will only let you enter the first letter of each digit (ie: You want to type "cat" and it hit the Abc button three times for "c" but "aab" shows up on the screen). QWERTY keyboard is too small to even try with fingers unless you want to spend 5 minutes typing a sentence. Web browser is impossible to use without using the zoom feature as link font is far too small to accurately hit on the first try.
  • Pop Ups?: I constantly get a pop up after each call asking me to sign up for City ID. Who really needs this when you can just google the area code?
  • Camera: No flash. The intelligent feature helps a little but pictures taken in dark lighting barely show up and have a lot of noise.
  • Search Browser: Comes with bing, not google.
  • Other: Occasionally shuts off with over 50 percent charge.

john rowan
posted on 16 Oct 2010, 07:54

love it

Best phone i ever had , actually i must be lucky or i take care of my electronics , because i never had a bad phone , i still have all my old phones , look like new , and i worked construction ..my fav feature is the music player , i have some very expensive mp3 players and this beats them all , never had problem with texting , just use a stylus , duh !!!
camera is good , touch screen is good , takes some practice , not for the clutz ...none of them are ! ....never had an issue , had it for 1 year , seldomly battery goes dead , they all do , depends on use , duh !!!! ....all in all , i would buy another one , anytime  ,

Pros

• music player , clear pictures , tuff phone , looks good too , good for phone calls too , lol

Chris20101
posted on 09 Sep 2010, 19:34

LG TOUCH

The LG Touch has probably been one of my favorite touch screen phones I've had.  I've had no issues with responsiveness or anything. The call quality is great.  No complaints.  Most of the people who complain about touchscreen issues are the ones who are dropping their phones, therfore throwing off the calibration or essentially damaging their phones.  I can text fast with this phone! LOVE IT!

Pros

• One of my most favorite phones I've carried

Zack
posted on 09 Sep 2010, 15:16

sucks dont buy it

this phone sucks beyond belief the touch setting don't work period. u can't send any text messages even if u wanted. like other people say it feels like drunk or stoned texting. i can't believe i bought this phone the dumbest decision i've ever made. will never buy  a chocolate again. i may end up forgetting about buying a touch phone period because of this phone just sucks because this was my first touch phone ever. DON'T BUY IT ANYONE.

Pros

• ITS NICE LOOKING AND U BARELY CAN FEEL IT IN YOUR POCKET

Cons

• SENSITIVITY SUCKS SO BAD CANT TEXT MESSAGE.

thomco
posted on 25 Aug 2010, 14:01 (Posts: 0; Member since: 25 Aug 2010)

Pros and Cons

PROS1) Music: Both, FM Radio Receiver and Music Download have great, clear Dolby sound. FM channel locks in very well and has one of the clearest broadcast sounds I have ever heard. Multi ways to download music. External speaker is pretty good, not great but what can you expect from that small a speaker.2) Camera: People have seen my pictures up on the computer monitor and couldn't believe they came from a camera phone. Good resolution, and bright colors. To zoom in you have to walk closer, to zoom out you have to back up. Panorama Shot is easy to use and does a great job. 3) Great size: thin fits well in pocket. Enough weight so it doesn’t blow away in the wind.4) Battery: The battery life on this is amazing (except when using GPS, than I can only get about 2 hours out of it. Solution; plug it into mobile power cord). I have gone 24 hours without recharging and still have the full set of bars the next day.5) Screen: Good, bright, great definition. Wish I could see it in the sunlight.CONSTouch Screen: The calibration is the worst and most frustrating thing about this phone. I have literally wanted to throw this thing against the wall because of it. It is sometimes impossible. Very inconsistent. Very OFF. I have read many people that are struggling with the same issue. As a matter of fact that is why I am here, because when I searched calibration problems, I ended up here. To give an example, when I go to calibrate it, it will give 5 different locations that...

Pros

• Music
  • FM Radio Receiver
  • Style
  • Screen Clarity

Cons

• Touch Screen Calibration
  • Computer Link

posted on 25 Aug 2010, 11:20

1.7

Worst Phone EVER!

It feels like drunk texting everytime you text.  It's impossible to send a simple message or get to the application you need.   SOOO FRUSTRATING.   I dread getting incoming texts because i know it will take 5 min for me to write three words back.   DO NOT BUY THIS PHONE.

Pros

• It looks cool

Cons

• Everything else

Kristine
posted on 10 Aug 2010, 10:02

Awful touch phone

I was really excited to get this touch phone last year as I love my Verizon Service but this phone is awful and many times I've been close to trashing it. One reviewer here is convinced they had a lemon...you don't...they are ALL lemons. I have ot calibrate this almost daily, a few times a day, to just send a short text message. It's truly a product I hate and I'll never get another touch phone from Verizon...I'm leaning towards getting an AT&T plan for their touch phones. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone.The screen locks up, vibration mode is horrible, "lock" method can be opened by a 20 month old (yeah I have one), calibration doesn't work. Oveall this phone is a zero.

Pros

• nice size, clean looking, decent screen size and camera

Cons

• calibration is awful, screen overly sensitive, locks up

tommyg
posted on 01 Aug 2010, 00:02

not so fast 2

I forgot,, the phone would freeze up on me when starting the camera or the first time I select the music app...the only way to clear this was to wait (no kidding) 3-4 minutes or by taking out the battery, this is why they are sending me a new phone, it's the only reason they are sending me a new phone, the poor touch screen performance was shrugged off by the verizon techs as a known inefficiancy with the phone.

tommyg
posted on 31 Jul 2010, 23:59

not so fast

I'm surprised at all of the positive reviews, maybe many of them are new owners. I have had the phone for about 3 months and am convinced I have a lemon. They are sending me a new one (waiting for it now) and will update this if it proves to be better. The touch screen is horrible, you cannot reliably text on this phone without continually clearing out the wrong letters. Games with small buttons should not be downloaded as even after calibrating the screen (all the time) its only a 50/50 shot that where you put your finger is going to result in the action you expect. I cannot even reliably call the right person as when you select someone from the contact list, its again a 50/50 shot that you'll call one of 3 people, the one you meant or the ones above and below your intended call.

The web browser is considerably slower than the Dares which is crazy as this is a considerably newer phone. If you expect any speed at all do not buy this phone for internet purposes. Another thing, when you walk into a verizon store you usually see a big chocolate touch poster that also doubles as an add for "apps"..Baloney!!! good luck finding any usefull app outside of updating your facebook status.

The music app that comes woth the phone is good and the FM radio a plus. I use this a lot as i can listen with headphones at work. That being said this is the deal.

Good Music, Good Radio, ok camera, ok phone, below average texting, below average internet browser, battery Life is outstanding

be...

Pros

• radio, music, memory, battery life

Cons

• everything else

chocolatetouchowner12
posted on 23 Jun 2010, 13:34

The. Greatest. Phone. Ever.

I've had this phone ever since it first came out in November of 2009. In fact, I got it the first week it came out. It's a pretty nice phone, and I've accidentally dropped it on tile flooring and pavement plenty of times, and it takes the drops pretty well, as only the battery cover is scratched. The camera takes alright pictures, though I was expecting a camera like on my mom's LG Dare (VX-9700), but it doesn't have a flash, autofocus, or face detection like my mom's phone does. I like the direct Facebook status update from the TXT Messaging menu, I use it for updating my Facebook status and uploading Facebook photos. The keyboard takes some time getting used to, but after you get used to it, it works like a pro. The music player sounds great, and the interactive Join the Band feature is cool! It EVEN has a microSD card slot, and I've got a 2GB card in there, will hold up to 500 songs. The touchscreen also works excellently, never needs re-calibrating. The only problem with this phone is its full HTML web browser, which is really slow to load webpages, and hardly (if ever) loads pictures properly. I am getting a new Android-based Verizon Wireless phone next month, but that's only because I need mobile e-mail and a full HTML web browser. Everything else on this phone works excellently. I like this phone, and would recommend it to anybody searching for a great music phone! Great job, LG and Verizon Wireless!

Pros

• Too Much to Say Here ;)

Cons

• "Full" HTML Web Browser

chocolatetouchowner12
posted on 23 Jun 2010, 13:34

The. Greatest. Phone. Ever.

Pros

• Too Much to Say Here ;)

Cons

• "Full" HTML Web Browser

Lee337
posted on 15 Jun 2010, 16:34

Needs some work!

I started with the LG Dare. I loved it! Great phone. After 10 months I had a small problem with the charger port, Verizon replaced it...three times, because every replacement had problems. Then they gave me a "Bump up" to the LG Chocolate Touch, I am now switching to my SIXTH Chocolate touch because they have "Phantom Problems", bad screens, and other issues. I actually had one that toasted my micro SD card! I lost EVERYTHING, all of my music, and some irreplaceable pictures of my kids!
The phone it self, when working properly, isn't bad it just needs some refinement. I am a computer tech. My fingers are not large, but I have a lot of typos on the qwerty touch-board. It probably would have taken me half an hour to type this review on the phone. The auto-lock feature is nice. The screen goes a little dim after a few seconds, but quite often when I try touching to bring it back it will lock and go black...That is very annoying!
I think that this phone is best suited for a teen (with small fingers). It has some pretty good TXTing features, and a nice music player. I think that I will give it to my 10 year old daughter and get an Android.

Pros

• Sleek Design
  • Touch Screen
  • Music Player
  • Radio

Cons

• Small keys on keyboard
  • Slow Internet
  • Overall quirkyness

Trilesta
posted on 05 Jun 2010, 16:26

HOrrible Texting

My Dare stopped working... so my hubby went up to the verizon store to get a new battery and got talked into taking this phone instead.  I was excited when i first saw it.. but as I used it I started to hate it.I hit one letter and another letter pops in its place.    I am taking it right back as soon as I get the battery for my dare.  I am used to touchscreen keyboards. I had the dare for almost 2 ears and i have had the ipod touch for the same amount of time.  it seems like this phone is mostly eye candy.

Pros

• -- its pretty design

Cons

• -- slow and sluggish texting.
  • -- inaccurate texting. I touched a letter and another letter went up in its place.

tbombf
posted on 30 Mar 2010, 21:29 (Posts: 2; Member since: 30 Mar 2010)

crazy awsome  i so wish i had one my friend does and it is amazing the only bad part is the color choises but that dosnt matter i have an env3 and the ctouch is amillion gazillon times betta the fone reminds me of an ifone because of all the sweet features if i was able i would rate this higher then a 10 thats how great this is and also dont le the env3 looks fool u the thing is awful i rate that a negative number

Pros

• everything about it besides the color choices

Cons

• color choices

Buy This Phone