LG Banter User Reviews

Everyday usage7.4/10
UI speed6.2/10
Camera6.5/10

xbrandi
posted on 13 Jul 2009, 11:53 (Posts: 0; Member since: 13 Jul 2009)

Bad reception much?

I got my Banter about three months ago and so far I haven't had a lot of problems with it. God knows how many times I've dropped it, but it still works fine. I noticed someone said they have bad reception in rural areas. I have Alltel, not US Cellular, and I have reception issues too. I can't talk to someone on the phone for more than a few seconds at my friend's house. In my own room I have like three bars, but I still can't talk to my cousin very long. I'm just constantly dropping calls with the phone. Other than that, the phone is pretty awesome. (:

Pros

• Takes good pictures; built for texting.

Cons

• Bad reception.

Brian
posted on 10 Jul 2009, 08:04

LG Banter has a Problem

Seems like everyone is having a problem with the Banter just shutting down in the middle of something.  Mine is through US Cellular, and they have pulled all of their banters off the shelf because too many people are having this issue.  They say it is a software glitch and are waiting for LG to come up with a fix for it.  I am going to have to go exchange mine (US Cellular will take it back).  It sucks because I really like this phone!!!! Its easy to use, Nice keyboard, picture sending capability, etc.

Pros

• battery staying power
  • ease of use
  • clear audio

Cons

• power cycling issue

Jesus Ruiz
posted on 08 Jul 2009, 21:28

lg banter

i loved this phone at first but it squeaks alot it freezes and it is prone 2 smuging i like the key board though and has a nice display

Pros

• it has a nice keyboard array and great display

Cons

• the toggle is 2 small and it is prone 2 smuging and it freezes sometimes

posted on 06 Jul 2009, 10:37

Very Very Frustrating

I live in a rural area and my only choice is US cellular. I had the Razor and was very satisfied but for the texting, got the Banter 2 months ago, and now I constantly drop calls or get dropped by another Banter user. I can have 3 bars stand perfectly still and the call is dropped anyway. Anybody else with this problem except for my other banter user in my area????

Pros

• Love the design and all functions

Cons

• Constantly drops calls

Amanda2134
posted on 03 Jul 2009, 16:06

SOSO

i bought my banter on june 8th and yesterday  july 2nd less than a month later i opened the keyboard to txt and it just shut off....and would not power on at all even after removing the battery like 1000 times  my alltel company said there was nothing that they could do for me because i didnt purchase insurance buti called alltel customer support and they told me that all the phones come with a 1 year manufacter warranty so they are sending me a replacement phone!!!! but before that happend i absolutly loved my banter!!!!!!!

kari
posted on 02 Jul 2009, 20:54

lg banter

I HATE THIS PHONE it powers off all the time on its own

carrie
posted on 01 Jul 2009, 19:35

okay, i had a scoop before the banter, i just got it because my scoop gave out on me, the charger kept slipping out of the hole and it wouldn't keep a charge. the banter compared to the scoop is amazing, only one problem, when i try to take a pic with it it gets stuck at the loading screen and won't let me! does anyone else have this problem? i mean all the other features are fine, just my camera's screwy on it, and it sucks because i figured id just take new pics on this phone since i lost all my others on my scoop. but the banter is the best cell ive had so far

Pros

• cool looking
  • fast texting

Cons

• camera does not work on mine

emily
posted on 23 Jun 2009, 20:38

LG Banter

I like this phone but I just hate how mine always turns off in the middle of texts. I dont know if it's just mine or if it's everyones... but......

Pros

• Full keyboard
  • Nice feel
  • Can play music
  • Changing the colors

Cons

• Turns off by itself
  • No video capture

troya leon
posted on 22 May 2009, 19:30

powering down...

i too love this phone. Just got it 2 weeks ago and have went through 3 already,... I cannot stand the power down in the middle of texts! throwing it against the wall is an understatement!! My local alltel co has said they have had none returned for any reason. And here I have returned 3 in a week. have made me feel it is something i am doing wrong so i am glad that i have found others have had the same problem.

Pros

• full keyboard

Cons

• powering down in the middle of texts!

Redbonecowgirl
posted on 21 May 2009, 12:18

Good phone...irritating power down

This phone replaced my LG Scoop on an insurance claim. The Scoop survived hell and high water with me for nearly a year before the display went whacky. And I do mean the phone went through HELL because I live on a horse farm. It was pretty darn durable after 2 separate submersion incidents in a water troughs and being dropped countless times. I amazingly resuscitated it after the submersions to full function. The Scoop never froze up on me or shut down. Well they quit making the Scoop so they replaced it with my insurance claim with a Banter. I was happy...considering it a free updgrade from the Scoop.I love the phone (Banter)…but had it replaced under warranty already within the first week. It turns off in the middle of menu surfing or texting and froze up twice in the middle of texting and I had to take the battery out to get it back to life. I took it back for those reasons and they replaced it…and couldn’t get the contacts to transfer off of it because it wouldn’t read. I figured it was just a faulty phone, but the new (replacement) one cut ooff on me twice the very next day it was replaced.I really like the phone. But those quirks are annoying as crap so I hope they figure out how to fix it and replace it for those of us who already own the first string.  I've read lots of other reviews and know...I am not the only one with this issue with the phone.

Pros

• Great Camera
  • Fast
  • Clear (especially the announce feature)
  • Nice feel
  • Numbers have their own row on the keyboard
  • Like the mobile e-mail already loaded
  • Changeable face plates

Cons

• They took away video option
  • Powers down on it's own
  • Freezes up in the middle of texting
  • Haven't found a source for the
  • face plates (Alltel doesn't have them yet)

JustinK
posted on 20 May 2009, 15:37

Great Phone from Alltel/LG

I've had plenty of phones ... and this one is one of the best I've owned! I had the LG Scoop ( the little brother of the Banter) and enjoyed it. But the Banter, is more "pimped out" ha. Texting is easier, the QWERTY keyboard is very easy to get use to... it also has smoother screen changes. Hmm what else? The battery is by far the best battery I've seen on a cell phone. I usually send/recived 150 texts a day ... 30 minutes of phone calls ... and about 30 minutes on the mobile web ... and the battery is still full. I have yet to have any problems with this phone... and I've had it for 5 days. Also, having a status light is a great addition.

Pros

• GOOD SPEAKERPHONE
  • EASY TEXTING
  • CLEAR, BRIGHT SCREEN
  • DIALING IS EASY
  • QWERTY KEYBOARD IS EASY TO USE
  • STURDY
  • AWESOME BATTERY LIFE
  • ALLTEL MOBILE WEB IS GOOD

Cons

• WISH IT HAD MORE THEMES.

Traci Schimek
posted on 20 May 2009, 12:11

No video

I just got this phone 3 days ago. It says on the Alltel website that it does video capture. Can't find a way to do that. It is not in manual. This is a must have for us. I have a couple gymnasts it is great to video that new thing they just learned to show dad when we get home.
I am planning on returning it for this reason. It has everything else I wanted.
When I stopped by the Alltel store to bring this to their attention they went out to the site to see that it does say this. They told me this phone is not capable of it.

• changeable faceplates.

Cons

• No video capture

posted on 18 May 2009, 11:06

I really thought I would love this phone.. and I do.. for the most part. However, since I text a lot, it is a bit frustrating (almost wanting to throw it against a wall) that it reboots mid text about 2-4 times every day.  I can't believe no one else is complaining about this.

Pros

• Stylish.

Cons

• Reboots all the time!

katie woodall
posted on 09 May 2009, 21:33

LOVE THIS!

this banter is a very awesome phone.. its has a mp3 for your ringtones and does not have those * songs tht it usually comes with.. the 4 row keboard is the best and is very easy to handle with...just watch out not to push it up to hard tho..  but i have not had any problem with mine yet and it has a very good speaker and a nice camera screen... it comes with a silver and dark blue face plate and the blue is cool lookin but the silver is smart lookin haha!!.. this phone can lead up to almost anything you want and its very cheap!!   thanks!                                           -katie woodall

Pros

• everything bout it!

Dakota
posted on 03 May 2009, 15:36

AWESOME PHONE

I LOVE this phone.I also loved the ux260. BUT this phone is 10x better than the ux260. I love hoe you can change faceplates and the designs are awesome. The keypad now is 4row instead of 3. Screen is way clearer. You can also put a text message ringer for each person u could'nt do that with the ux260

Pros

• Awesome key pad
  • Interchangeable face plates
  • Not many functioning problems

ford4life69
posted on 27 Apr 2009, 10:56

not video capable

i got my banter 2 days ago, noticed some differences in the menus *i access them using the numbers* and cldn't figure out what was missing until i went looking for my videos on my sd card i saved from my scoop.  there is no video capability on this phone that i can find.  the size and QWERTY are GREAT, love the 4 rows and the main numeric pad buttons being larger.  i miss the soft keys next to the screen for easy access to aim and yahoo but otherwise the phone lives up to what they say about it.  i do wish that, since it's an upgrade from the scoop, the power plugs wld have been interchangeable.

Pros

• email accessability, 4 row qwerty, button finish seems more durable

Cons

• screen protector needs no print to protect screen, no video capability, power plugs aren't interchangeable

gkjkluv1
posted on 24 Apr 2009, 13:03

No FM Transmitter

I'm just a little upset that this phone doesn't have an FM transmitter.  Other than that it's a good phone.  I love the changeable faceplates.

Meghan
posted on 22 Apr 2009, 10:53

LG Banter

I just got this phone from US Cellular when I renewed my contract. I love it....I am a serious texter, so I really like the QWERTY keyboard. The phone is light and functional. Also comes with a lime green faceplate, although I prefer the black. Good selection of ringtones. Definitely reccommended.

Pros

• Ringtones, QWERTY

Ginny Cullen
posted on 15 Apr 2009, 10:04

The Banter

The Banter is a great phone!  It's easy to use, and very comfortable when typing or talking.  The features are fun, the camera takes great pictures, and is almost completely unnoticeable when in your pocket.  The ringers and pictures already on the phone are great! It's a stylish phone and I have gotten many compliments on it.  Many of my peers have said that they would have gotten it if alltel had had it at the time, or that they are planning on getting one in the future.  The colors that it come in match everything, whether you use the classic silver or the stylish blue, they both look great! This phone is for anyone wanting a stylish look in a phone and just an easy to use/comfortable one!  I highly recommend it

Pros

• All listed in the review.

Cons

• It's a little slick and hard to hold sometimes.