LG Banter User Reviews

Internet5.7/10

Travis
posted on 27 Apr 2010, 15:10

Best phone I've had.

I purchased this phone in April of 2009 and have been very satisfied with it.  Up until this purchase I haven't been much on texting, but the full qwerty keyboard makes things so much easier for me.  The phone has also done very well in terms of reception, I live in a more rural area but average between three or four bars with the Banter where I had been getting maybe 2 at best with my previous phones.  I would definitely recommend the LG Banter to anyone looking for a simple phone as far as operation goes, as well as the quality of features the phone provides.

Pros

• Full qwerty keyboard makes texting much easier.
  • MicroSD slot for expandable memory.
  • Easy to operate.

Cons

• No video camera, though that's not a huge deal.
  • Inability to use downloaded music as ringtones, though that's due to copyrights from the artist/record label.

posted on 25 Apr 2010, 21:59

it's actually an alright phone. i mean, as long as you don't want anything suuper fancy. the lack of video sucks though. i've had mine since about september and it's april almost may now and i'm reaally hard on my cell phones. this phone has lasted longer than 2 similar phones i've had

Pros

• durable
  • screen pixel quality is nice

Cons

• no video
  • can't be personalized that much

JesssiGrace
posted on 06 Apr 2010, 14:16

It's Alright..

Now when I first got this phone, I was really excited and I loved for the first few weeks. Then it started to suck. It's not a great phone, but it's not bad either. It's very durable; I mean I've dropped this thing a thousand times. So yes, it's scratched up a little on the edges, but this hasn't effected it's performance. Sliding keyboard slides ahh-lot smoother than the old LG Scoop. Both keypads are responsive. Alright pictures. No flash, but that's okay. Calls are clear. Overall, okay phone! Because it's very simple, and nothing flashy. I would recommend it. Oh, and the easily-changeable face plates are a plus!

Pros

• Very durable (doesn't break easily), okay-ish pictures, interchangeable face plates, other end of converstation is very clear during calls, keyboard is fairly very responsive.

Cons

• NO VIDEOS! no flash for camera (but that's not a big deal), many dropped calls, freezes up a little every now and then.

Jacob
posted on 05 Apr 2010, 21:46

LG BANTER

I think this phone is amazing its great i got it a couple of days ago theres been no problems its easy to use my mom got one too and shes technoligicaly challenged, however its a great phone its good on battery life easy to send and except text messages... this phone is good im dissapointed in no video camera but the camera shoots with great quality!!!! great phone i would recomend this phone to anybody!!!! this phone also come with colour plates so you can change it from grey, blue and purple.... once again great phone!!!! worth the money!!!!

posted on 03 Apr 2010, 21:47

Terrible!

I have had my banter for a year now, and it is terrible! It stops charging unless you have it at the right angle!  I flipped it to the keyboard, and suddenly, it goes black & white, flashing back & forth. It won't stop! It hasn't stopped in days, and unfortunately, it's Easter tomorrow. So there is no way that Verizon will be open. & even worse, they have stopped making the Banter. Its not the battery that is the problem, it is the phone. I do not recommend this phone, it's good that they stopped making it.

Pros

• Cool design
  • Better than the Scoop

Cons

• no video recorder
  • can't use recordings as ringtones

Stacy
posted on 02 Mar 2010, 12:12

So far, the phone is great.  I've had it for a couple of weeks and so far no problems. I had the LG UX260 which was a piece of junk compaired to this phone. They seemed to finally have worked all the bugs out of the software. I am a little disappointed to not have a camcorder but the camera is decent.

Pros

• Chat feature
  • 100% better then the LG UX260
  • slide out qwerty keypad
  • you can have a different ring and text tone for every person in your phone book.

Cons

• no camcorder

Zac4084
posted on 01 Mar 2010, 19:30 (Posts: 0; Member since: 01 Mar 2010)

LG Banter Review

I read all the reviews, some cons are false. This is a really nice phone. The only thing I don't like is no video, fine with me.. I love texting, it only takes about 3 texts to get use to the keyboard. I don't recommend this to a person with big fingers, the keys are the size ofprobably half a pinky nail.

Pros

• Great design, face plates found easily (I just had to walk upstairs to the mall, and the lady already knew the name of the phone), lots of tutorials online, well known phone, great for texters, easy to use, and it has lots of useful tools, such as Ez Tip Calc, I use it in restaurants to calculate the tip.

Cons

• No camcorder

MichaelLarson
posted on 22 Feb 2010, 12:57

Great Phone. Bad Reviewers.

Every problem I read on this review page was the persons fault. If you're careful with the phone, it is a amazing device. Everyone who posted seemed to be a irresponsible technologist or a teenage girl. Trust me, if you are careful with the phone, it will last you for years & years. Although I am sure by the time years have passed, companies will have more advanced phones. Jamming the keys on the beautifully arranged QWERTY keyboard is one main cause of this phone having problems. If you jam the keys, of course, they stop working or begin to stick. Of course, no phone is perfect. Everybody likes different things. So just be careful & enjoy this amazing device. Don't let the reviewers bring you to your choice...

Pros

• Good phone, especially for texting. Slides smoothly. All around great.

Cons

• Everyone smashes this phone in the reviews because they are not careful with it.

martin
posted on 06 Nov 2009, 18:12

great phone

The LG banter is one of the best phones you could buy .I got it for my birthday and I love it . the battery only goes down a bar if i use the phone a lot so thats great.I get signal everywhere i go and the faceplates are the best because you can chane them and they have designs . i hope they make a second banter.

Pros

• great for texting,great sound quality,changeable faceplates and backplates,quality pictures,and a lock feature

Cons

• screen gets scratched but i can buy a screen protecter.

brentson buckner
posted on 02 Nov 2009, 21:21

Great phone, just one problem

This has been a wonderful phone, but some of the letters on the keyboard has gotten where they work sometimes and sometimes they do not work. so now that Verizon took over Alltel, and my phone is still in warranty. But Verizon does not offer the banter phone so im having to get the closest thing to it. Which is the LG Env3. suppose to be gettin it in the mail soon. Guess we will see if its as good as the BANTER....def a grrr8 phone, other than the keys that dont work.

Pros

• The sliding keyboard and it takes GREAT pictures.

Cons

• Some keys on my keyboard have quit working. Especially the letter "C"

FutureMrs.Komorowski
posted on 02 Nov 2009, 09:59

OMG I love it!

Personally this phone is amazing. It works great! The batter lasts quite a long time. Texting is great and I love that I can set a different ringtone for each person! I really love the chat setting too. I have a little problem with remembering what I sent someone sometimes. It's kind of a pain to go all the way back to your sent folder just to see what you sent, but with chat is quick and easy to read your whole conversation.

jess mack
posted on 18 Oct 2009, 01:08

lies!

before i got this phone, the people said it was "video capable". nope. they also said you could watch youtube and stream! nope... so they lied their way into a sale!  when i got it, i noticed the charger plug was a bit different than some other ones.  Sometimes the faceplate will fall off, leaving you without a faceplate...  i don't get a new phone in two years, i don't know how long i can stand it!

Pros

• great for texting
  • good battery life

Cons

• no video
  • no youtube
  • no streaming
  • software update doesn't work
  • faceplates fall off easily
  • no themes
  • bad camera (encoding fail)
  • no normal headphones plug in.
  • screen gets scratched easily
  • bad signal (no exterior antena)
  • internet slow
  • dropping calls(once every 5 calls)

Liz
posted on 15 Oct 2009, 11:14

Got mine in a rush desprate to have a cellphone

When I bought mine my old cell had just been found under the tires of a co-workers car if you know what i mean. so i rushed to the nearest cell store and bought something i could live with but could also aford at the time... Now I have a Banter. Works wonders when you need it to. takes alot to get used to though. Hosenstly I think that most people hate their cells no matter how well they work or what features they have. My dad hates his phone and he doesn't even know how to use it. my cousin has a blackberry and hates it cuz its to complicated. my sisters phone is flip phone and she says "I'm waiting for the day it breaks in two." My moms phone isn't "well organized." hey I'm just glad to have a phone!

Pros

• it works

Cons

• its not perfect lol

Travis Cambron
posted on 13 Oct 2009, 10:50

Good Phone

I have had my phone for a month now and i like it. I dont like how it shuts off randomly and i dont like the keyboard. They placed the keys is bad places. i go to hit ok and i push an arrow key.  I think the sound quality is great and i love the faceplates you can buy.  They are all assorted colors and designs.

Pros

• Good faceplates
  • Good sound quality

Cons

• Bad location of keys on keyboard
  • Shuts off randomly

Stacy
posted on 12 Oct 2009, 23:54

Love the Banter

I have us cellular and recently got the banter. I have had nothing go wrong on mine and i generally have huge issues with phones. i love the faceplates that came with mine. the only thing i have with it is it dont want to save words in t9word. i have had it for a week now and cant believe nothing has happened to it. i have kids so my phones dont tend to not deal with things lol.

Pros

• Faceplates the green one with the design on the back. bluetooth ability and call sound

Cons

• the signal is not the best
  • the not saving words

posted on 22 Sep 2009, 11:53

it's a decent phone. although the manual isnt great. because it doesn't tell you that if you hold down the left arrow key it takes you to MY MENU

posted on 22 Sep 2009, 11:47

i've only had this phone for about a week, but so far it's okay. i was really disappointed when i found out it didnt do video though. i thought it was cool that you could program a special ringtone AND a different txt tone for each contact though.

Pros

• great screen pixel quality
  • instant messaging

Cons

• no video!!
  • only one color scheme (black)
  • weird placement of some of the QWERTY keys

Anyomous
posted on 20 Sep 2009, 18:07

Worst phone

This is one of the WORST! phones ever. I was vacationing in Disney with my family and i got this wierd text from alltel and the next thing i know my phone stopped working and i didnt have a screen when i slide my phone. its been about a month for me texting on my front screen. then yesterday at my friends house i got a picture message so i turned my phone off to get it and it was a blank screen so i turned it on and off nad on again and still a blank screen,

Techman101
posted on 12 Sep 2009, 10:12 (Posts: 1; Member since: 12 Sep 2009)

LG Banter

I think my Alltel LG 265 Or Banter was a waist of my money. Everytime I try to take a picture encoding error everytime I try to text or run an application it randomly powers down, Like Power Cycling after alltel *228 Option 2 or 1 Always have to re-program my Lg Banter. Alltel Osage is More then helpful Not LOL!  Don't ever buy this phone from Alltel

Pros

• You can text better and call better on the front screen dial the first number then slide the qwerty key board out and then dial and then hit talk. Talk time is awesome. I have call conect and I love it.

Cons

• The battery life is so dumb I always have to charge it, I wish it was Solar Powered. And all the ringtones are different then the old scoop. I HATE MY PHONE! Alltel does this Service Provider Lock for signal then do *228 Option 2 It's like they can't legaly stop someone from calling.

WTFWJD
posted on 07 Sep 2009, 21:36

i have the banter for us cellular and i havent had many problems with it. the only 2 main problems with it is that it shuts off on me 1 or 2 times a day when im in the middle of a text and the space button sometimes puts 2 spaces or no spaces when i hit it. other than that i think its a great phone. the camera is good. i dont know what you guys are talking about. ive had this phone for 6 months and ive dropped it multiple times and its never broken *knocks on wood* and it holds a charge for at least 2 days. the faceplates are cool too. i would have really liked it if it had video though :/ i skate so if i need to film something quick its always handy to have a phone with video. overall, good phone

Pros

• Keyboard, decent camera, good sound quality, changeable faceplates, good battery life, good camera, durable

Cons

• space button tends to go crazy occasionally, no video, shuts off randomly sometimes

posted on 01 Sep 2009, 00:09

The Banter is an okay phone. Considering it's the replacement for the Scoop, it's a great phone (compared to that useless phone). But going by other phones it's nothing. The phone powers off (just like the Scoop did) at any point in time, no matter what you're doing. I can understand a few times when you first get the phone activated. I've worked for a cellphone company and it's common to have phones restart themselves a day or two after it's been activated. The software has to update. But I refuse to believe that it's a software update 6 months after the phone has been activated even though the phone and customer service reps say there's no update available. One thing that REALLY, REALLY, irks me. the QWERTY keyboard doesn't have an apostrophe on it. You have to go into the symbol menu and go to the last page for the apostrophe. I don't know why it bothers as much as it does...it's just annoying. The phone can take pictures and it can send pictures. Just don't get your hopes up on recording, sending, or receiving video messages. It won't work. The camera wasn't wonderful at first. But within about a month, the camera just stops working. It will pull the camera up, but everytime I start to take a picture it will black out, freeze up, and won't restart until I remove the battery. The music player I'm neutral on. The headphone jack is awfully small. I have a pair of headphones that came with my LG Rhythm and they don't fit. I find that the keyboard...

Pros

• See the review

Cons

• See the review

Tashara
posted on 27 Aug 2009, 11:01

Love It

I have had this phone for months & months now, and I love it.  Great for texting and talking on the phone.  Photos could be better, but I don't expect perfection out of a cell phone camera.

Pros

• Works great, easy to text

Cons

• photo quality could be better

melanie davis
posted on 22 Aug 2009, 21:09

banter is JUNK

Drops calls all the time in the middle of the sentence. Takes Great pictures and after 3 months of use the blue colors are red, the red are blue. Slide the phone up and the screen blinks blank and is all white.

Pros

Cons

• Screen goes blank.
  • Colors go bad in phone
  • drops calls

amy8274
posted on 22 Aug 2009, 12:15

banter vs hint

I had a motorola hint that had definite problems, shutting down in middle of texts and calls. now i have a banter which does not have a lot of the capabilities like video recorder, not able to bluetooth ringtones to it. i am not happy at all with the banter but the hint has problems to. i went through 5 hints in 5 months.

oco
posted on 22 Aug 2009, 10:50

recalled

I bought the lg banter about 3 months ago and now the phone has been pulled from the shelf and disconntinued. since i bought the phone it has been nothing but trouble. turning off, poor service. but now the torture is over and they are replacing the phone with the motorola hint.

Pros

• dual keypads

Cons

• powring off
  • poor service