LG Banter User Reviews

Manny
posted on 30 Dec 2010, 13:25

Don't buy!

Manny has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

Yeah I've had three of these phones... I'd rather smash it to peices, but considering at the time I didn't have money, that's the only reason I bought it. This phone has three MAJOR problems. 1. Almost everything has bugs, flaws, whatever you wanna call it. 2. The phone is increadably slippery, in the first day I dropped it. 3. It's fragile, that's it, slippery and fragile don't mix. I could go on and on and on and on, but I won't. One of the huge bugs is the fact right now my phone is turning on and off. If someone knows how to fix this. Post something.

Build quality 1/10 Sucks... Very fragile, considering that the phone is slippery, fragile and slippery just don't mix. It's increadably buggy.
Reception 4/10 I usually get reception but other times I just don't any reception even if I'm in a place that usually has 5 bars.
Call quality 5/10 Ehh... The calls sometimes drop out. or i just won't get them.
Multimedia 1/10 Sound sucks.... basically.
Camera 2/10 Most of the pictures are grainy.
Everyday usage 2/10 Too buggy
Text input 10/10 Keyboard is super easy to use. And I'm a hard core texter. 19,000 messages a month.
Display 2/10 Display some times screws up
Battery 1/10 Battery only last half a day.

Pros

• The keyboard. Thats it.

Cons

• Everything.
  • The thing that bothers me the most is the battery. You'll usaully find me back in my room trying to charge my phone.

millie Smith
posted on 30 Dec 2010, 08:49

ms

millie Smith has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

This phone is driving me crazy. Old texts just keep coming back to me after I have deleted them. They come back in the middle of conversations. I took it back to the service center 2 days after I bought it and they were no help at all. I bought this phone from Metro PCS. I hate it and would never recommend anyone buy it.

Build quality 9/10 It is not working for me

RayneStorm
posted on 27 Dec 2010, 20:41

lg banter touch is the same

RayneStorm has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

ok i have an lg banter touch which is the same thing. it always turns off randomly and its annoying!!! i love it but it gets on my nurves! but the touch can record vids and use recordings as ringtones. i think the touch is better. ive had a regular one and i think mines better.

Build quality 10/10 its a nice phone
Everyday usage 10/10 wonderful
Text input 8/10 u only get 160 letters
Display 7/10 good screen
Battery 5/10 requeries alot of charging

Pros

• good keybord
  • nice looking
  • good pics and vids

Cons

• always turns off randomly
  • screen gets printed fast

Banter
posted on 26 Dec 2010, 14:17

Too many flaws

Banter has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

Love the keyboard, hate the phone. It's alright for testing but it has way too many flaws. It stopped sliding properly less the 2 months after I got it (I had never dropped it or anything). It virbrates and turns off randomly, and sometimes it vibrates for up to a minute. Very annoying. As soon as I can I'm replacing this phone.

Pros

• Multiply faceplates
  • Nice keyboard

Cons

• No video
  • Turns off randomly
  • Vibrates randomly
  • Easy to break slider

Kiersty
posted on 15 Dec 2010, 23:40

I HATE THIS PHONE

Kiersty has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

This phone shuts off at the time randomly. It freezes when I slide it open. When I go into drafts it will shut down. The battery on this phone is the owrst I cant even last a day with out charging it. This phone is terrible and i would never recommend it to any one My friend and sister had it and I thought it was good it was at first but go tbad fast and I have had it for just under half a year and I already hate it and want a new one more then any thing.

Build quality 4/10 It slides good but the back falls off constanly making the battery fall out.
Reception 7/10 I get pretty good service every were I go
Call quality 6/10 Call are very clear and loud and come through every where but I dont get all calls
Internet 1/10 Internet never loads no matter what or how long I wait
Camera 1/10 The camera takes no clear pictures
Battery 1/10 The battery dont last more then a day

• Drafts
  • No videos

Karly
posted on 09 Dec 2010, 19:00

Lg Banter

Karly has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

I have had this phone for about a year and a half for US Cellular and i just have to say it is probably one of the worst phones i have ever owned. I will explain how it is: I have dropped it maybe 4 times and it turns off and when i slide it it turns off or just freezes up, and super easy to scratch, I wouldn't recommend it.

Internet 1/10 i dont use the internet on it

Pros

• Easy to text

Cons

• Almost everything else

Ian
posted on 09 Dec 2010, 18:55

Ian has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I have had the LG Banter for US Cellular for a little over 11 months. It has shut off only once in the entire time I have owned it, it has a great keyboard and it is really easy to text on. One problem that i found it that it's really easy to drop and scratch. I would recommend it to a friend.

Internet 2/10 I don't use the internet
Battery 4/10 The battery goes dead really fast, I can go the whole day without using it and the battery will be almost dead before i go to bed

Pros

• Great keyboard
  • Easy to text
  • Changable Faceplates
  • Decent camera
  • Music Player

Cons

• No camcorder
  • Poor battery life
  • Bad sound quality

review
posted on 27 Nov 2010, 17:53

banter!

review has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

i have had this phone for about 10 months and i found its a great phone! although it doesnt have a video camera on it it still takes great pictures. i personally am rough with my phones die to work and such, and i havnt had any problems with it. its been dropped tons of times, it had one scratch on screen, and works fine. it has shut off maybe 3 times over the period ive had it, but never while i was on it, only in my pocket. when i was looking for new phone i decided to start using the qwerty keyboard and sicne i have larger fingers this would be difficult, but this phone had the biggest keys and they werent cramped together. over all i dont have a problem with it. i would strongly give it a BUY!

Internet 9/10 i do not use internet.

Pros

• durrable
  • cheap price
  • easy to use
  • good battery
  • good reception

Cons

• no camcorder

XoxoSabrinaXoxo
posted on 06 Nov 2010, 15:16

I love my phone :) !

XoxoSabrinaXoxo has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

I haven't had this phone long, but I love it to death. :) Its good for keeping track with friends and stuff...and with the IMing feature I can see what people are up to online which is good for me. :) The only problem i have so far with the phone is it randomly turning off in the middle of texting. That annoys me..but Over all its a good phone and I love it. Even though I've spazzed on it and chucked it at the wall multiple times. hahah jk but its a good phone. :)

Pros

• good reception
  • decent battery life
  • takes AMAZING photos
  • cool editing tools for photos
  • doesnt get mad at me when i throw it at a wall :)

Cons

• Turns off randomly
  • freezes in the middle of a text :@

Samantha RW
posted on 17 Oct 2010, 18:21

I have had this phone for less than half a year and I want a knew one already, I have Us Cellular and it is absolutly worst phone ever! I am getting the Motorola Hint. My friend has it and I love using it.The banter to me is almost the worst phone other than my 1st track phone& My LG Chocolate 1,

I DNT RECOMEND THIS TO ANYONE

Pros

• Great for texting
  • good for talking on phone

Cons

• LOCKS UP
  • It turns off randomly
  • Sucks over all

RAS315
posted on 03 Oct 2010, 17:12

I love it.

I've seen a lot of folks complaining about this phone, but I love it.  In fact, Im dreading one day trying to replace it because there;s not another out there that I have found that I like.  If you're having issues with your phone turning off & on for no apparent reason (a problem Ive seen on here several times), I would say the phone YOU got is defective...it happens.  That's why they have insurance.  And generally, within the first year, there's a manufacturers warranty.  If it's defective, don't just complain about it, get it taken care of.  I dont care what phone you have, someone will end up with a defective one.

Pros

• um, everything?

Cons

• the camera isn't the best unless youre in really good lighting

brooke
posted on 24 Sep 2010, 15:40

1.3

awful phone

this is the worst phone on the planet! i have had it for about a year and i hated the next month after i got it,  ya it pretty good for texting but when you slide it open, the regular screen doesnt appear the menu one does so this is totally wierd. i would not reccomend this thing to any one it is a piece of junk!  it takes junkie pictures and you cant video, it has a horrible battery, and it scratches way too easy

Pros

• good 4 txtng

Cons

• battery, out of style, no video, uuuuuuuuuuggggglllllllllllyyyyyyyyy​!!!!

Sara Beth
posted on 23 Aug 2010, 16:29

For those looking for a phone & not an entertainment center.

I've had my Banter for over a year now. I've dropped it a few times on concrete (and the face plate has fallen off), but the phone has still performed well. I would highly recommend the phone. I'm actually looking to replace my Mom's Banter with the same type. Hers fell into water. :/ At home, I typically leave my speaker on just so I can hear better. I have a hard time hearing on phones for some reason--not just this one.  The only negative about the phone is that I get so frustrated when I'm texting a really long message. It inserts words or either duplicates phrases of the text over and over if I scroll up and down to reread what I've written. I'm not sure if that is just a software issue on my phone or if it applies to the whole Banter family.  It also doesn't always send long messages that I've sent to one person in particular--could be a phone provider issue. I'm 20-something, and although I'm a big facebook follower, I'm not willing to spend so much extra for a data plan so I can obsess over Facebook with my phone and my laptop. If you're looking for a phone that is a phone, provides texts, and takes decent photos, this is a great, inexpensive contender. I love it and wish that Verizon had it like Alltel did!

Pros

• keyboard
  • speaker on volume
  • hasn't broken and been dropped on concrete many times
  • pretty decent camera

Cons

• long text messages get garbled as you scroll or just don't send
  • keypad punctuation/symbols a little hard to figure out how to use

Steph
posted on 08 Aug 2010, 18:39

LG banter is blue?

so i had to change to a Banter, and ive had it for like maybe a month now. and im wondering if anyone who owns a banter has expierenced their screen changing from white to blue! do you think this is weird? me too, I mean one minute it will be white (normal) then the next it will turn blue!!! I would strongly reccommened this phone to any one who texts a lot!

Pros

• Easy Texting Phone

Cons

• No video camera
  • Have to buy ringtones

posted on 28 Jul 2010, 10:34

sort of okay

well it has been over a year scence i got the phone and it still works. I thought I had mested it up 2 months after i got it when it froze up while taking a picture and would do this every so often when i would take a picture. 3 months after i got the phone i noticed that it had 6 crackes in the battery all close to the bottem and i had not droped or throne the phone. I do like the fact that it has two different covers and a IM feature plus unlimited uses of celltop and solitaire. If you press the down buttens in the image gallery a really fast and a few times it gets stuck and you can't stop it from going down unless you take the battery out. I am surprised it has lasted this summer cause I work at a pool and it gets wet. When i slid it open and then closed it somtimes turn off. Other than that it has been a okey phone.

Pros

• its a cool phone
  • changeable face plates
  • IM feature
  • great for txting

Cons

• will freaze up somtimes and will shut off somtimes
  • down butten gets stuck
  • have to BUY more ringtones
  • can not hear well unless the ear peice volume is on level 5
  • no viedo camra

Sierra
posted on 11 Jul 2010, 11:11

OMG!! I HATE IT!

Ok when i first got the phone i loved it then i started having trouble charging it i would have to lay it at and angle to charge it. Then when i would slide it up it would immeditly go black it did this very often but when it did it would take forever to turn back on. So we took it back they replaced it. Hadn't had the new phone 5 minutes out of the store and the back and the ok button on the keyboard stopped working well i thought i can work around this considering i had a back and ok button on the front of my phone about a week after those buttons went out whenever i would text any button i would hit on the keyborad an x would pop up i have no idea what is wrong with this one i dont not reccomend this phone............. If anyone has the same problem message me at meandcc@verizon.net                                                                                           Thanks Sierra

Pros

• Changeable Fronts

Cons

• No video
  • Easly Scratched
  • Its really just a crappy phone

I AM AHAB!
posted on 08 Jul 2010, 13:37

Great phone.

I have had my phone for a couple weeks now and it is GREAT. it seam alot of the bad reviews have to do with the provider and not the phone its self. Great battery life. strong phone i dropped it on the first day out of my truck and it was fine. the face plates are funky also. make sure you click them in all around and it wont just "pop off"

Pros

Cons

• in Canada you dont get the green plates :(

Kylea
posted on 08 Jul 2010, 00:50

Its alrite

Well i have had the banter for about 2 years now and it is a pretty good phone. I have dropped it, crushed it, chucked it, so ive pretty much tried to kill it but its IMPOSSIBLE!!!! I have had to replace the phone though 2 times. 1st time it got a virus, second it kept shutting off randomly and it wouldnt charge so we replaced it and the new 1 workd perfectly. Having no video suks yes but its alrite i could care less. And the ringtone thing... oh well life goes on. I would suggest this phone anyway to anyone whos willing to put up with it.

Pros

• Durability
  • Full keyboard

Cons

• Video
  • Ringtones
  • Random problems

BanterOwner
posted on 03 Jul 2010, 01:48

Perty good!

I got this phone in September 2009 and it is now July 2010. And it has lasted me this long!  I ve chucked this phone all over and it will NOT break wich is amazing! I send about 250-300 texts a day. And the battery is perty good. I have to charge it every night but im  a big texter. i HIGGHLY recomnd this phone! Especially for some one my age ( teenager) Takes great pcs! Great reception! Worth every penny!

Pros

• Everything!

Cons

• Maybe no video but thas okay

Nitchie
posted on 05 Jun 2010, 17:45

HORRIBLE

I have had this phone for about 8 months and I hate it.  When I first got this phone, I loved it. It was easy to text on. It took great pictures and I liked the way you could customize it. I also don't like how I can't record a song and set it as my ring tone.

I have dropped my phone MANY times and it doesn't break, which is good.  But just this week on tuesday, I was lying in bed texting about 3 people and it was charging at the same time.  Out of the blue, it just turns off and then turns back on.  After about 30 seconds, I didn't touch the phone at all and it turns off again. Everytime I turn my phone on, it does this.

Overall, a pretty bad phone. I don't recommend this phone.

Pros

• Good Pictures
  • Full Keyboard
  • Okay Battery Life

Cons

• Turns On && Off
  • Can't Personalize Ringtones
  • Can Only Have 100 Inbox Texts && Only 50 Outbox Texts
  • Only Comes With 2 Color Plates
  • Small Keys On Full Keyboard

~Lindsay
posted on 05 Jun 2010, 08:55

Love it

I've had the Banter for just over 3 months and have never had a problem with it, although my husband has the same phone and his shuts off a lot when he slides his phone closed after sending a text. Other than that, I recommend it to everyone, a lot of the complaints people have about it are superficial things that they should have a different phone for (no video camera, can't use downloaded songs as ringtones, etc.).

Pros

• - comes with good ringtones
  • - picture quality is great except in bad lighting
  • - frames for pictures are really fun lol
  • - love the different faceplates
  • - I have two kids 3 and under so the phone gets dropped a LOT, hasn't broken yet
  • - the music quality is really good
  • - chat feature is really convenient, don't have to keep going back to sent texts to remember what you wrote lol
  • - battery life is awesome

Cons

• - husband's shuts off a lot

TextAddict
posted on 28 May 2010, 23:00

Pretty Good Phone

I've had this phone for about 6 months now and i guess it's an ok phone. I got it used because my old piece of junk motorola broke. It was used for 6 months when i got it off ebay. At first when i got it i was very happy with it....till i realized it had no video capabilities. I was VERY dissapointed with that. I almost sent it back but didnt because i thought it would be worth it. Which i guess it was because this I've dropped this phone a million times and it hasnt broken yet. It has a good solid keyboard with nice firm buttons and a good screen. The camera is pretty good considering it is only a 1.3 and it's almost better then my old 2.0. Although the screen scratches extremely easy so I would reccomend a screen protector. I text anywhere from 50-300 texts a day and this is a phone that has held up very well. But mine lately has been very slow to respond to a button push. But I think this is a rarity in these phones because I read a lot of reviews when i decided to get it and none of them said it was slow so I think it is only my particular phone that is doing it. I would reccomend it to a heavy texter that has no use for mobile internet. It is a tough phone that can hopefully hold up more of my dropping- I am relentless on phones- so I am hoping it will last till my contract ends so I can upgrade. Hope this will help you decide!

Pros

• *Reliable
  • *Acceptable Camera
  • *Takes abuse well
  • *Customizable
  • *Firm Buttons

Cons

• *NO VIDEO CAMERA
  • *Screen Scratches easily
  • *Slow to respond to button push- that could be just my particular phone though
  • *Turns off randomly in the middle of texting

Mackenzie
posted on 25 May 2010, 20:03

Its ok..

Alright soo idk if all the phones are like this but I have only had mine for 4 months and im TIRED OF IT!! Screen freezes up it turns off A LOT and I had issues with it charging :( I went to the Alltel store today and got a new charger and it still wont work! they said my phone looked fine and it wasent to scratched up or anything soo idk what went wrong? My advice? Dont buy it.. Another thing I hated was you cant use your audios or "voice recordings" as your ringtone! wich SUCKS I did hwoever like the chat feature under texting and the keyboard but min my opinion it isnt worth your time or money! haha... soo yeah anyway hope this was helpful!

• Chat/Texting
  • Calls are good and clear
  • Good overall Design
  • Picture effects/features

Cons

• Screen freezes up
  • Turns on and off a lot
  • Charging sux (might just be MY phone though!)
  • Cant use audios as your ringtone
  • MUCH MORE!

Triston.Jonsson
posted on 23 May 2010, 01:40

LG Banter

I have had the Banter for a day now and its alright i mean its not amazing but its okay, i like the chat setting in texting but on every LG phone i have had or seen they have the same menu style, change it up. And i have a bit of a problem with the internet on it, im with Telus so i don't know if its telus or the phone cause when i open up anything that has to do with the internet it wil say 403 forbiddin and i really wanna get some Ringtones and Pictures on it. :(

Pros

• Good texting
  • Chat Feature
  • keybored works great

Cons

• Change menu style every LG phone has the same style
  • buttons are to small
  • internet isn't working

Elena Mackenzie
posted on 08 May 2010, 14:16

Its a good phone

I have had this phone for almost a month , its a great phone I have had one problem with it that it would shut off randomly and that has been my ONLY problem , I have not dropped it! so no problems there.. all tho I still like the rumor 2 more but the one thing i hate is that i cant use my recordings as ringtons and that u have to wait 1 minute to view new texts, but i am with telus and I like it with telus!! but it is an ok phone!!

Pros

• The inbox and sent are seperated
  • that it comes with 3 backings
  • It has a world clock
  • Side sounds
  • Back light
  • fast charge
  • Good ringtones
  • good memory
  • JUST A GOOD PHONE

Cons

• ..Cant use recordings as ringtones
  • ..need to wait 1 minute to view new messages
  • ..Keyboard is harder to use then anyother phone
  • ..Is a very heavy phone
  • ..ok is right by the back & somtimes when you go to hit back u hit ok
  • .. Dosent have a facebook app
  • ..Poor battery life