LG 420G User Reviews

Build quality8.8/10
Text input9.5/10
UI speed4.7/10

omega47
posted on 09 Nov 2012, 09:55 (Posts: 2; Member since: 04 Nov 2012)

this clamshell has a hidden pearl

omega47 has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

this was my first phone with Internet access, though the experience was lacking. to be brief, this is a good phone if your not expecting much, it has a great signal and the battery life is good. the downsides; you have to be careful with the memory since it doesn't have a slot for a card.....effect, you can download pics from the Internet which limits the quality and the amount of pictures you could take with the camera, thus you have to erase a pic to make room! also, as with the lg900g the phone kicks you off the net if you try to enter a site that has too much data, the camera and video recorder is actually decent to some extent and the phones body is slippery and prone to scratches. nonetheless, this is a very good phone for those who want a little extra but not a lot.......furthermore, i do believe that safelink is offering this for there service.

Build quality 8/10 its nice and sturdy and not too cheap looking
Reception 9/10 even in a basement i got good reception
Call quality 9/10 voices came in nice and clear and the speaker is LOUD!!!!!!
Internet 2/10 not the best......but then again i wonder if i could download opera mini?
Multimedia 2/10 not much in the way really, but i was able to download whole songs and ringtones via bluetooth
Camera 3/10 a potato could take a better picture
UI speed 2/10 very slow
Everyday usage 8/10 its good for daily use but it doesn't have much to work with
Text input 9/10 very good
Display 4/10 images are grainy and blurry
Battery 8/10 very good

Pros

• inexpensive and reliable, good build and internet access

Cons

• internet is bare bones at the most, dull camera and video, low res display

posted on 05 Jul 2011, 13:06

Update on LG420g

Burt has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I reviewed the LG 420g on Jan. 16, 2011 as to the battery. I'v had the phone for over 8 months now and the battery life is still great.
The reason for this review is reception! I previously had an i-wireless phone from King Soopers and had bought the phone to call my tow service in case of emergencies. I found that when traveling in Wyoming I had no service with i-wireless since it uses Sprint who has NO cell towers in the state of Wyoming and does not allow any roaming. Useless!!
With Tracfone (LG 420g) I have contact all across Wyoming on I-80 traveling from Colo. to Utah.
Good phone and great service.

Internet 1/10 do not use
Multimedia 1/10 do not use
UI speed 2/10 do not use

Pros

• great reception, good battery life

Cons

• none found yet

lightfoot44
posted on 05 Apr 2012, 20:26 (Posts: 0; Member since: 10 Nov 2010)

LG 420g....hold it tight

lightfoot44 has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

First of all, this is a very good phone. The battery life is good, the calling features are great, and texting features are excellent. The only real problem I have with this phone is the slippery exterior. It is so easy to drop this thing when you're trying to open it up. The shiny exterior is also very easy to scratch, and it is a magnet for fingerprints, which make it look messy all the time. The font, even on large size is still a bit too small for my taste. Other than these minor things, this is a damn good phone. I can add this on as an edit a year after the rest of the review was written. I keep coming back to this phone. I've tried the Samsung T301g twice, and I have come back to the LG 420g because it offers by far the best battery life of all the many Tracfones I've tried. It also has great reception, and is easier to use. I love the lighted digital display on the upside of the flip cover, which allows you to see the date, time, signal strength, and message count. The LG 420g is a keeper, and I'm now done experimenting with all the other Tracfones. I'll stay with this one for a good long time.

posted on 16 Jan 2011, 11:25

battery charge

Burt has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I use the phone (lg 420g) very little. Bought it mainly for emergencies and an occasional phone call.
I charged the phone 19 days ago and have made a couple of short calls and played with it a little bit. I do shut the phone of at night when I don't plan on making or recieving any calls. The battery icon still shows almost half full so I am probably going to get more than the twenty three days of charge as they state.
If I were a heavy talker the charge would no doubt be considerably less.
I don't use the internet feature so I can't comment on that. I give it a 10 on the featurs I use.
I am completely happy with this phone!!!!!!

Simileme
posted on 26 Nov 2010, 04:54 (Posts: 0; Member since: 26 Nov 2010)

Great basic phone

Simileme has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

Before I got this phone I heard about a lot of people's problems with tracfone, and especially with their phones. I can't disagree more. This phone was my first tracfone, and for the basics, and especially for $20, it's a great phone. The reception, and the talking quality was miles and miles ahead of any phone I had previously. The blue worked really really well - which did surprise me a little bit - I expected it to be a contentious issue (yet again upon the word of others). The browser is ok. It's not the best experience given a small screen, but it works. I didn't use this too much though. Browsing using tracfones rates is not the cheapest around, and I prefer the pc in any case. The camera on the phone is VGA. It certainly hasn't exceeded any expectations I had. So no surprises there. Battery life could be better. But being an avid texter I do use the phone a lot. It's not bad.
I really like this phone. Time to move on and up though :)

neophyte
posted on 14 Nov 2010, 08:41

Works great for me

neophyte has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

This is only my second cell phone of any type. Like to keep it simple but still have most of the things that other people have with their phones. This one fits the bill and I got it on sale at Target for 10 bucks w/double minutes. Don't use my phone that much so it probably only costs me about 15 bucks a month to have. Can't beat it anywhere.

Gentry
posted on 23 Sep 2010, 16:55

My favorite tracfone

I have had a couple of tracfones in my day.  This phone is by far my favorite.  I enjoy simplicity of the LG420G as it is very easy to use.  I'm not one of those people that likes a fancy phone.  I personally like to have a reliable good and cheap phone like this.  The LG 420G certainly gets my best recommendation.