LG 3200 / G3200 / VX3200 User Reviews

Michelle
posted on 26 Apr 2006, 19:33

Pretty Good

I've had the VX3200 for a few years now, and I haven't had any problems. I've never had to get it repaired. I even dropped it in the toilet once, and still got it to work after. It had been turning on and off on its own, but I let the water drain out and then it worked like new.

This phone is very easy to use, looks nice, and does what I need it to. It wasn't expensive either. My dad got a set of 4 for the family for like $60, I think. I also got a clip, which works fine.

My service is great. With my last phone, I didn't get service in my own house! Now I have it practically all the time. I can't remember losing any calls (on my end), and there's hardly ever a time when someone has trouble hearing me. The sound quality is also great. When I use my boyfriend's phone, I'm always trying to turn up the volume cuz I can't hear anything, but it's all the way up!

I don't know what you guys are talking about with the end button, because I can end a call just by closing my phone. I actually didn't know it did that at first, so I told someone to hold on, closed the phone, and then was surprised when 2 seconds later, they were calling me back.

I wish I could get games, and that I could get ringtones from more than just vtext.com, but that's my only complaint. I was sad that I couldn't use faceplates, but I found out recently that you can. So then aside from personalization with ringtones, this phone is great, and I'm happy with it. I would buy it again, unless there was a version...

blaze
posted on 24 Dec 2005, 22:47

worth what i paid

i hav has this phone for almost two year and it has not fallen apart yet. it is a very durable phone. its been beat up and dropped and it is still whole. it is a good phone to start out with. it has the basic feature and its not too flashy.

frank
posted on 29 Sep 2005, 21:00

Good basic phone

I have had the LG VX3200 for almost a month w/ MetroPCS service. No complaints at all. The problems I read about have not occurred with my phone so far (thankfully). It's basically "no frills" but it's great for what you should basically use a phone for, i.e., making and receiving calls.

Chuckie Baby
posted on 25 Sep 2005, 13:26

An excellent minimum frills phone

An excellent phone for the 10 months we have owned it. The speaker and voice are top quality. I haven't experienced any of the problems the others have listed. Battery is getting a little weak but that is easy to replace. Bought a new one after market for $5.99. An excellent minimum frills phone.

blah
posted on 04 Sep 2005, 12:19

its good then goes bad

ive had this phone for about 7-8 months aNd i love it it has worked well untill i put the new cover on it bad mistake i didnt know how to put it on and it broke now the scree doesnt work but it was my fault if i hadnt put the new cover on it then it would still be working i love this phone BE HAPPY WITH WHAT U GET D-D-DUH

Phone Freak
posted on 02 Aug 2005, 23:29

Excellent Phone

This phone is phenomenally good for the price. Most of the complaints are ill-founded. Reception problems are perhaps 98% of the time because of the SERVICE PROVIDER, people, NOT the phone.

Also.... NO ONE ever admits to the way they mistreat their phones and then they rashly post negative comments about the very phone model they abuse. It's like everyone talking about the "bad drivers" out there. Well, some of us have to be those bad drivers.

Treat your phone with respect and you won't have any problems. And if you use a headset, take it in and out gently, honey. Any other careless way can cause damage that can yes! === do strange things like cause numbers to be dialed.

Once again, numbnuts --- treat your phones as small computers, not as toys.

Sam
posted on 22 Jul 2005, 10:54

5.2

Tampa, Fl area. I have a LG VX3200 from Alltell. Impossible to converse without loosing call 100% of the time. Customer service promised to help by calling to my cell, but never did. The phone was mailed to me, however they will not send a new phone and said the problem must have occured within the first 15 days of receiving and using it. Now they tell me to take the phone to the store where I originally signed up for Alltell about 3 years ago and they would check it and "might" lend me a replacement while my defective phone is sent for repair. I actually received 2 new phones when I upgraded and added an additional number for my dad. No problems with one of the phones other than a dropped call occasionally. Customer service told me that if I am not satisifed with Alltell then I could pay like $2XX dollars and cancel my service. Oh yeah, most of the dropped calls on the bad phone are long distance and not local. Horrible company!!!

Kuma
posted on 05 Jul 2005, 20:18

Makes Calls By Itself

In addition to these problems, this phone will make calls by itself (while headseat is in and while car is running). These are call which should never be made---and of course they count against the owner. Usually the calls are to the last number called. I have had phone replaced and still does it. Yes, it is calling on its own when the cover is closed and the headset is plugged in. VZ can't figure it out. Try another phone.

Guest
posted on 04 Jun 2005, 12:15

3.2

DOn't Like IT

WHo would buy a blue phone. My dad bought it for me and it stinks. Id done nothing but make calls. And it is BLUE! I do like the tones it has and the fact it's small.

Heather R.
posted on 15 May 2005, 14:41

Don't expect much

I've had it for about 5 months now and I have noticed some problems. For one, the alarms don't always go off when you set them to.... It loses calls constantly.... It has started to squeak a little when it is opened.......

And you should really not get this phone. Never talk on it when it's sprinkling a bit outside. My phone shut itself off. I wasn't even wet inside and now the whole screen display is messed up. It's all blotted out and the pixels are messed up all over the place. It will still make calls... you just can't SEE anything on the screen except when it first starts up and says 'Verizon'
If you buy this phone, don't expect much.

Jane
posted on 14 May 2005, 19:50

Reception is a feature??

I thought reception qualitay was a must, but I think my phone is special, keep dropping calls all the time. This is an expensive toy, not a business partner. Everything about this phone is good, but the reception is atrocious!! Lots of times I don't have good reception in the city, but when I go out to my ranch, forget you have a cell phone, it will ring, mind you, and you can place calls, but don't expect to stay connected longer than 5 seconds if the bar is only on 1, as it is almost always. I have changed this phone already once, and plan to do it until I get one that actually works. Should have done more research on it, before signing the contract. Beware!!

Andrei
posted on 25 Apr 2005, 18:17

UMmmmmm

I think I broke the record for problems with this phone.....After 2 days only the time and date from the main screen dissapeared and the date itself switched to january 4th 1981....Does anyone have any solutions? Like an idiot i didnt read bout this phone before purchasing it......Long live Made In Korea products

Jessica
posted on 13 Apr 2005, 15:46

Dont Waste Your Money

OMG this phone is the biggest piece fo crap ever!! i have had it for 4 months and i've never been so annoyed in my life!! For the $220 i payed for it i would expect WAY better quality!! The phone wont stay off unless the battery is fully dead, its shuts off in the middle of calls, i dont get all calls, i dont get all text messages, the service SUCKS! The only good thing about it is the ringtones you can download. But other then that DONT BUY IT I REGRET IT!!

Badseed
posted on 11 Apr 2005, 10:26

Ringtones

I like the phone but it is hard to find ringtones for it. I am looking for thunderbird are go can't find it for this phone found it for the NOKIA 5165.

Shakleemom
posted on 25 Mar 2005, 12:00

Shakleemom

Just got the phone. So far so good. A couple times I have plugged the charger thingy into the headphone jack... and wondered why it wasn't charging... LOL!

Sherry
posted on 17 Mar 2005, 08:04

6.4

My Phone

I like the phone,but i have to send it in to repair twice,thatsaprob 4me.And my friend got the phone changed 3times and all of them had the same prob.

unknown
posted on 12 Mar 2005, 10:56

Games and Ringtones for Lg 3200

the lg 3200 suks. You can not get any good games and ringtones for it. As a matter of fact you cant get games at all. I know im complaining and that many people are probably thinking that i can get a game boy for as much as i paid for a phone and i would be happier, but i want to play games on the go. If you are looking for a good phone, dont buy the Lg 3200!!!!!!!!!!

Travis O.
posted on 12 Mar 2005, 05:56

All around awesome

I definetely like the basic design of the phone. It's not cluttered at all, and it's features are organized. I like all the customizations that come along with it.

brett
posted on 06 Mar 2005, 18:06

but this phone (required)

this is a great phone there have been no problems for me and if your just so lazy as to be complaining about pushing an off button then think about this what is another second to wait. this phone is the best looking and best quality phone i've ever owned

brett
posted on 06 Mar 2005, 18:04

great phone

buy this phone. i give it a perfect score it is the best phone. it looks good and is great quality i have had no problems ever. so what if u have to hit end before u close it its like one second to wait.

Marc
posted on 28 Feb 2005, 11:01

Dont buy.

I got the same problem that another user decribed on the forum... keeps powering off and back on.
Can't use any of the fonction anymore since then: no voice dial, no memo, can't even add contacts.

Same problem with the clip also. My old LG was perfect, this one is really a bad design.

Dont buy this cellphone.

Heather
posted on 11 Jan 2005, 21:09

6.6

end

didnt anyone else notice that u cant end a call by simply closing the phone?? it bothers me that u have to hit the end button before closing it. i discovered this when my friend got a very long message on her voice mail from me...sounding like the inside of my purse.

Ken
posted on 27 Dec 2004, 19:48

I love it!

This is truly a great phone. I got it as a temporary phone when I moved home from australia to canada and it just does wonders for me. I have had no problems with it since day one! It has been one of the best phones ive ever had! I love it!

Mocha
posted on 21 Dec 2004, 19:09

6.6

IFFY

I had problems with mine after 2 months and I had to take it in to be repaired. The phone kept turning on and off by itself. I set it to alert a certain way for messages and it wouldn't. Sometimes when one person that is listed in my phonebook would call it would show up as another name in my phonebook like it just gave up looking for the real name. After a while the recent call list wasn't updating. And now that it is fixed the message alert still isn't working and it doesn't ring as loud as it used to. Some of the features are nice like the speakerphone and the fact that you can use voice notes as ringtones but overall this was not my best phone.

Jerry
posted on 16 Dec 2004, 11:30

It's pretty good

I hate the belt clip. Falls off all the time. I wish I could find software that would let me upload/download from my computer. I have the cable but can't find any software. I liked the LG4400 better until the door broke.