x PhoneArena is looking for new authors in New York! To view all available positions, click here.
Kyocera Echo Discussions
  • Options
    Close

Get 3g! Pay 4g fee?

genie (unregistered) 22 Feb 2011, 09:29 posted on

Will Sprint force the 4g fee on buyers of the Echo? That would be so Verizon.

posted on 22 Feb 2011, 14:58

1. C-Ron (unregistered)

All of Sprint's smartphones require the $10 premium data monthly now, not just 4g devices. Upside over Verizon is that this is unlimited data, not teired.

posted on 26 Feb 2011, 15:57

2. ColinS (unregistered)

the charge is not for 4G at all! please do your research.

posted on 28 Feb 2011, 19:31

3. kaylacheyenne90 (unregistered)

Well..considering when you buy a phone from Sprint they tell you the 10 dollars is for 4g service I say she did enough research for me. I understand its not the case, but Im sure her service rep told her it was. I know thats exactly what they told me when i bought the evo.

posted on 12 Mar 2011, 21:53

4. Alex (unregistered)

Sprint now says that the premium data add-on is not for 4g data service, it is for smartphone data service. Originally (before they changed their policy in january) they said that the 10 dollar premium data add-on is for 4g data service on a smartphone. So ColinS, according to sprint propaganda you are correct, but in actuality anyone getting a smartphone on sprint now is being charged a rate that a mere month and a half ago was only being charged to 4g phone users.

posted on 16 Mar 2011, 16:33

5. Alonzo (unregistered)

Sprint clearly caught a lot of flak over the $10 fee for 4G service, particularly when their 4G service is not yet ubiquitous. So instead of dropping the fee, at least until 4G is available everywhere, they changed their logic and are applying the $10 fee to all "Smartphones" purchased or upgraded after Jan 30th.
They oughta be ashamed! I've been with Sprint for over 12 years and if they pursue this charge when my contract is up this year... Sayonara Sprint.

Want to comment? Please login or register.

Latest stories