HTC Wizard User Reviews

axetheduck
posted on 14 Apr 2008, 16:31

question about phone

hey guys i have a question about the phone i got it from my friend and i got a new battery for it cause the old on was dead. so when my new battery came i put it in and was very happy about the phones performance.
but, when i turned it off one night to charge it i woke up the next morning and couln't turn it on.... and still can't
here is the question is this phone always suppose to be on?

BGM
posted on 23 Mar 2008, 18:29

wizard

wow just got this phone its so advanced even though I got it "unlocked"
PROS:
-Awesome qwerty keyboard
-Amazing sound
-Great for business
-When they have phones like this I don't understand how Blackberry is still in business
-Just look at the style
-HTC Wizard v.s. ANY Blackberry outcome: BLOWOUT Wizard is the winner
CONS:
-slightly overpriced

Squid
posted on 02 Oct 2007, 16:41

A real good phone.

Contains all that you really need to be "mobile" in real sense. Has a mp3, video player, wi-fi, bluetooth, gprs, loads of momeory (in terms of mini sd), great cpu processing power, loud sounds, good looks, mobile windows, lots of applications, mobile office, qwerty keypad.

cons - heavy to carry around, but still much better than carrying all the above mentioned things individually.

gr8 product. i love it, even though it's a bit outdated.

mike
posted on 31 Aug 2007, 00:58

Still Great!

I got this unlocked from an online store. I loved it, then T-Mobile changed the ports on their TZones access. So I couldnt access the internet unless I got the 29.99 Total Internet Plan. Nah, I dont think so. Still a great phone though!!

peetu
posted on 14 Nov 2006, 00:11

GPRS Settings for HTC S620 China mobile

I finally got GPRS to work with my HTC S620 aka : (Dopod C720W or O2 EXCALIBUR) - with China mobile

First go to Settings > Connections > GPRS

secondary dns : none
Ip address: 10.0.0.172

done

___

Then i made another account in GPRS
CMNET

Connects from WAP network
Connects to Internet
Proxy (name:port): 10.0.0.172.9201
Type: HTTP
Name and password leave blank

In internet explorer, options : connections :
Leave Automatically detect settings blank
Select Network : Internet

That's it ....

I am not sure whether it is necessary to make 2 Gprs accounts. but i did as i wasn't sure. I think the key is the proxy settings. It works fine now. I can go to Google, Gmail, or whatever, and it surfs quite nicely.

Excellent phone!

FGV
posted on 01 Oct 2006, 16:52

ringtones

I love my phone i just got it 2 days a go. my only problem is that i cant figure out how to make set a song as a ringtone. or how to get ringtones in general.

jrxic
posted on 18 Sep 2006, 22:56

ringtone lovers

Well as for the MDA you can convert your favorite mp3s into ringtones. Simply copy them to your MDA select right click and select as ringtone, this will automatically create a copy in the \Windows\Rings\
then you can remove the ones you initially copied over.

You can download the a cd ripper and remember to use a low bitrate so it wont take up all your space.

Also the alarms have to be in .wav format

So much for paying for ringtones.

LMW
posted on 12 Sep 2006, 03:09

Setting Ringtones to e-mail and text messages

Ok so I love the phone it was well worth the purchase price!!! I was just wondering is there anyway to set ringtones to the other notification functions. It seems to have a set group of system media files to use for alarms and text messages. Is there a way to change a ringtone to show up in this group or some other trick someone has figured out????

ackee3
posted on 07 Sep 2006, 09:36

T-Mobile MDA

Hi David,

Just got my T-mobile MDA and loving it, but I miss my ringtones, can you tell me where and how I can download some ringtones?

I can see where I am going to need some quality time with my new toy in gettng to know it. I think it's a great investment

fiahhman
posted on 06 Sep 2006, 02:31

Pocket tech at it's finest!

This phone is truly amazing. I have had other PPC phones and smartphones, but the MDA towers over them all. I suggest upgrading your software first(tmobile.com). The new addition of programs simplify some processes. Get a Bluetooth with caller ID and you'll never have to pull your phone out of the case(Smokin')! I highly recommend Photo Contacts Pro. If you love ringtones, it allows you to use your memory card without storing tones on your device...Hence...More free space! Last but not least, Stop paying for downloaded ringtones and make your own. It's free. Go to www.airfagev.com and find out how.

chillin
posted on 04 Sep 2006, 15:55

best thing i have ever bought

obviously people who are bad talking this do not know how to use a phone and are just not using it right. this is the best phone that i have ever bought. the quality of the sound, picture, internet everything is amazing. Lookswise it is the best looking pocket pc out there not to boxy and doesnt have the huge antenna like the sprint and verizon versions. Deff the best phone i have ever purchased and i am sure if u buy it you will feel the same way. ENJOY

neeperhaaz
posted on 04 Sep 2006, 13:41

Tmobie MDA

I viewed some issues stated by other consumers about the MDA, I've owned one for 5 days now and I couldn't imagine using anything else. My previous phone (MOTO RAZR) was cool but of course no comparison. The sound quality is great and in some instances too loud, screen has excellent view onced tweaked to personal preference. The only thing I would change about this phone is that it could've came with a larger storage memory. If you want to store an abundance of large files you definetely have to upgrade. If storage capacity becomes full all functions become slugish, but hey, that's an issue with any PC which is correctable. Upgrade to maybe an 2 gig mini sd and its great.Overall I give this lil gadget that could a two thumbs up!

David
posted on 16 Aug 2006, 17:41

Learn First

This is a phone for the computer lovers. Every problem I have seen listed has a work around. Bluetooth via Active Sync works! You can download ringers or simply add any MP3 you already own as a ringer. If you want advanced features you need an advanced phone. This means it won't be easy but nothing worth doing is easy so live and learn. If you want help getting anything you complained about to work just email me.

SOFER50
posted on 12 Aug 2006, 00:46

MDA

Have t-mobile MDA for week and try to get biger fonts,no luck with that,also downl.CETuner want load on phone,like i said averige phone.Have pocket tunes install only that is working good you can stream almost anything(you can download realplayer to)site to download is www.pocketmind.com

Brandon
posted on 01 Aug 2006, 14:23

Bluetooth headset a must.

I've had the T-Mobile MDA for about 6 weeks now. I love the fact that it checks email automatically and syncs with exchange server to stay up-to-date with contacts and appointments. Web browsing works well (IE will seemingly load any page on the web).

Unfortunately the Google maps download does not support this phone yet.

My major complaint about this phone is that it is hard to hear when using it as a regular phone. Solution: speaker phone or ear piece.

A Bluetooth headset makes it extremely easy and enjoyable to use, especially because you can talk on the phone and be checking your email or a document simultaneously anywhere.

bbmd2b
posted on 31 Jul 2006, 18:49

4.8

Tmobile MDA, RipOFF

Just Purchased this phone 3 days agop and have NOTHING but PROBLEMS. The Phone quality of theis device SUCKS!! Sounds like your always in a tunnel. Quad Band? Yea Right! I dont even get reception in places my Nokia 6103 Tri-band got. If your a looking for a PDA......Great! Phone? NO -way. You can't even download ringers, games or wallpaper like a simple carp phone can. Sound? Even if turned all the way up, the party on the other end sounds far way, like they are in a bathroom w/ echo. I was very specific when I bought this phone at T-mobile store what I wanted. Again, If looking for PDA then great, but if you need a phone as well,.....your gonna lose out w/ this one. By the way I don't leave in the boonies where reception sucks.... I live just outside LA.
PS - Cancel ripoff 29.99 internet option and just use Tzones. Cheaper and works just as well.

John
posted on 30 Jul 2006, 09:55

Good and bad

I got the tmobile version, I've only had it for a month or so and haven't had extensive time to dig into it but here are my thoughts

Pros:
Cost was ok with my upgrade it was about $200
Easy to surf the web, if pages don't use complex scripting
Good mp3 player if you get a sd card and the headphone attachment (costs extra) $$
Plays movies fine
Stylish, very good geek factor
Easy to teather to my laptop for edge internet connections
Voice dial seems to work well
Plays mp3s as ringtones
Best battery life I've ever had on a phone

Cons:
Phone reception could be better, but isn't too bad.
I haven't found a way to get active sync working through bluetooth
OZ instant messenger uses the internet but still costs as a SMS message for every text send/receive (ridiculous)
Phone volume is rather poor unless you use a headset
The phone locks up sometimes when the camera app is open
I don't think the specs are correct about distinctive ring, the phone doesn't seem to have that feature. There are 3rd party software you can buy to do this tho. $$
Obvious upgrade needed for minisd card $$
Closing an app doesn't really close it, it basically just minimizes it. You have to go into the memory settings to actually close something. This causes the whole phone to slow down periodically until you do this.
Pictures are not very good, but most phones are the same.

Overall I'm pretty happy with it, I'm just not thrilled. If they had just put a little extra memory, included...

Nathan Roman
posted on 06 Jul 2006, 12:16

Good but not sure its worth that much

Perhaps I am not using it right, but I am not really impressed with the features or quaility of service for the 8125. I called Cingular to get assistance with my synch problems and it took an hour for them to say "I don't know". Lol that sucks! Especially considering the fact that that 60 min came from my minutes... Bottomline, if you are technology-savy and have the money... By all means, get one.

Marie
posted on 20 Jun 2006, 15:56

T-Mobile MDA is excellent

I purchased the T-Mobile MDA a few weeks ago & I must say this is the greatest phone ever. It has high speed internet & I have not lost any calls yet. Seems like having a good phone makes a big difference in regards to not getting lost calls, and the picture and sound quality is the best i have seen on a phone so far.

mdahacks.com
posted on 16 May 2006, 17:54

6.6

Great All-In-One Device, Not-So-Great Phone

the tmobile mda is the most compelling all-in-phone on the market today. unfortunately, its reputation for weak reception and frustratingly slow-to-re-acquire/register the network leaves this device to be more of a pocket pc than a phone. i've had this phone for a few days now and its worked more as a wi-fi device more than an actual phone! fortunately, there are lots of hacks and tweaks you can perform on it to boost its performance (think windows xp tweakui). if the blackberry 8700g had expandable memory and a camera and wi-fi, i'd be all over that device. touch screens are nice, but could be a pain to dial phone numbers unless you have fingernails or enlarge the buttons. as compared to the treo or sidekick, this one's the hands-down winner - but this may be more of a mac vs. pc debate more than anything else. bottom line, if you get a tmobile mda, cingular 8125 or whatever else htc wizard windows mobile 5.0 pocket pc, be sure to understand its limitations.

Blackbeardsghost
posted on 14 Apr 2006, 21:05

Cingular 8125

I have used the 8125 now for 4mo's and I am WELL pleased with the unit. The battery holds up about 3 days with some gaming (about 1-2 hrs per day total)and making 3-4 15 minute calls per day. I have found that the biggest killers to battery life are having the backlight past midway, and using the wireless lan. as for performance, I was worried at the start, because the processor is only 195mhz, well, I don't know what tweaks the omap or HTC has done, but it does run full screen video at about VCD quality, I have a friend that has the 6600 from verizon and that has double the processor speed and mine looks far better, he's not happy. I am putting video on it at 320kbps ppc resolution @320x240. However, setting up the wireless lan was a bi_ch, no guide or help find I could for that,required a uber-IT-jedi master to get right.

schu70
posted on 03 Apr 2006, 20:45

Great PDA phone!!!

I've had my 8125 for 3 weeks now and it is the best tech tool/toy/gadget I've come across in years.

My only issue with the phone are the "tinnie" sounding external speakers; internal sound w/headphone is amazing.

TN615
posted on 19 Mar 2006, 17:28

Great Device

I went into the local T-Mobile store to gert a sidekick 2. As I was waiting for the store rep to help me I came across the T-Mobile MDA. I noticed this phone was alot nicer than the Sidekick 2 and I liked the features it had on it. So I went with it. Now I have had it for 21 days now and am very pleased with it. Just wish it came with a mini SD with it. If your looking for a good phone this is something you may wanna look into getting. Where can I get some twicks for this phone.

posted on 13 Mar 2006, 08:41

damn good phone

this is a great phone, if you like the sidekick then you'll love this. more features more everthing, this is a light phone. get if you have a upgrade.

TsWb13
posted on 06 Mar 2006, 20:16

tmobile mda

had my doubts at first... have had it now a week applied a few apps and tweaked the reg. most of my grips are subdued. but i havent yet decided to fully let go my n6681. i cant take a pic of my moving 12 mo old. i like i can that i can turn G wifi on if i want. not sure i will tho. screen is nice. i wish it had 262k colors like my nokia. it taps well. keyboard led is blue which i find hard to read at times. i look forward to doing other performance tweaks once i get the sd card.
hopefully some good games come out with this device in mind.
streaming music is eeh.... unless your using a wap site, it may buffer often. i use epitonic.com it plays well most of the time. it buffers for several seconds and im right under a tower. so use mp3's.
downloading tho is mighty quick while on a edge network (most of the usa is) and 2007 3g hopefully.

so i like it. get it now, right now! with a 2 yr agreement -14 day trial period!- it will be cheaper i think.