HTC Windows Phone 8X User Reviews

UI speed9.7/10
Camera9.3/10
Internet9.1/10

CarlosECP01
posted on 21 Jul 2014, 09:38 (Posts: 0; Member since: 21 Jul 2014)

HTC 8X

CarlosECP01 has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

The Windows Phone 8X by HTC is a great phone, this evaluation was performed with the updated Windows Phone 8.1 Dev Preview device. The phone has a good performance for everyday, it is very easy to use and has a very good processor for this type of devices. The price needs to improve a bit on the more "luxurious" version but it is very good phone and is provided at the level of many Android phones.

Pros

• 4.3 inches display
  • 8MP Camera

Cons

• No battery accses

CarlosECP01 alternatives:

LordKekela
posted on 21 Jan 2014, 09:45 (Posts: 0; Member since: 21 Jan 2014)

The best in class.

LordKekela has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

In my opinion one of the best handsets in the market.
It's fast, easy to use, with a very appealing design and it feels great in the hand.
The camera is the best I've ever used, with photos with a lot of detail and quality. The new wide angle camera lets you capture even more in the pictures we take.
It´s is the phone that I use at the moment ... i have it always with me! Very Very Very Very Very Very Very Very Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood

Bsyew
posted on 02 Jan 2014, 21:57 (Posts: 0; Member since: 02 Jan 2014)

Bsyew has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I had the phone for about a month and love it! All the apps that I have on IOS is available. It has an amazing build quality and call quality. However, the only bad thing about it is the battery. It cannot last me a day.

UI speed 9/10 Lags at time.
Everyday usage 8/10 Dies very fast
Display 9/10 There are better displays available.

Pros

• Great build quality.
  • Amazing display.
  • Many apps.

Cons

• The battery. (Though there may be updates to help)

leftcoaster
posted on 04 Mar 2013, 17:23 (Posts: 0; Member since: 04 Mar 2013)

HTC does it again - great phone

leftcoaster has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

This is a great phone. Sleek in appearance and feel good in the hand. The display is incredible. I love the Windows OS after playing with it for few days and find that I don't long for either the Apple or Android phones. The live tiles are really a time saver and with the new UI it is easy to check on email, text and calendar items. Voice recognition is better than my trial of Siri and it has been flawless in dictating text messages and search requests.
This is a fast machine on the Verizon system and I have nothing but praise for the web browsing and applications.
I have found that there are plenty of apps for the phone - at least all the apps that I think are important are available and quite good. Perhaps the absolute number of apps are not that important as long as there are 'sufficient' number of important apps and I certainly haven't been disappointed in finding what I wanted.
The camera is great and the pictures are clear and crisp. While flash pictures tend to have softer lighting I have found it to be quite pleasant and adjustable, if need be, once downloaded to my photo applications.
Storage on the phone is more than adequate for my purposes in that it carries most of my music - at least the tunes that I like to listen to the most and tons of photos. The sky drive link certainly is a useful way to extend the storage for the phone while providing sync'd access to all my files and photos - great for when I am in meetings and need to pull up a document for discussion...

Pros

• Look and feel
  • User interface and display resolution
  • live tiles are useful and adjustable sizing is great
  • voice recognition
  • speed

Cons

• battery life could be better.

Asuma
posted on 23 Feb 2013, 05:03 (Posts: 0; Member since: 23 Feb 2013)

A Truly smart (looking) phone

Asuma has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

Probably the best looking phone on the market today.
People with smaller hands will still find it comfortable to use, yet it retains a good sized clear screen for viewing, Videos/pictures show up clear (I can comfortably watch a football game on it when out and about and follow the ball).
The front facing camera is the best out there by far, Nothing on the market comes close to it, the wide angle lens allows for group photos to be taken and no one has to miss out standing behind the camera taking it, having just had a new addition to the family it has been the most used feature, a quick snap and uploaded to facebook within minutes.
To get the best from the camera keep the (default) 2 second delay activated, it allows for you to press the shutter and resteady your camera for the best shots, instant shoot can lead to camera wobble when pressing the shutter.
Battery life on the 8X is average, usually lasts me all day and I always charge during the night anyway (truthfully I've always charged overnight so haven't really taken notice of how little charge is left)
Connecting other devices to it's signal is easy to do and will automatically turn itself off if you take the phone out of range (useful as it is a heavy user on the battery if left on, it's the only time I've ran out of battery after forgetting to turn it off but having both devices close together)
I don't have much use for masses of storage, and cloud storage works fine for me, pics and video clips are my main uses and cloud...

Build quality 9/10 Very reluctant to ever give a 10/10
Camera 10/10 Front facing camera is 2nd to none, wide angle is truly a great addition to it.
Battery 8/10 No smartphone battery will ever satisfy me, they are to power intensive devices, and always disappoint under heavy use.

Pros

• Front facing camera
  • smooth UI
  • Looks fantastic

Cons

• windows 8 app store still playing catch up, although most popular apps are being developed

GDOG1986
posted on 22 Feb 2013, 04:59 (Posts: 0; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)

Another great piece of HTC hardware

GDOG1986 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

The first look and feel of the phone is really good. I was using a HTC One X and thought this phone would be too small for my hands. The first time I picked up the phone it felt good immediately.
Over the back of the phone is a sort of rubberized texture (soft plastic or so) and it feels very comfortable.
Ergonomics of this device are very good and the phone does not slip out of your hands so easily.
This phone has an 8MP camera on the back located at the top-center. The quality of the camera is really nice. Pictures taken with this camera are crisp and clear. When shooting in high light conditions, setting the exposure to a little lower setting makes the pictures even better.
The camera lens has slight offset inside the back off the phone; I think this is done to reduce contact on the lens when placing the phone on a flat surface. It’s good to see a phone again with flat back and not a camera standing out that lets the phone wobble.
The buttons are nicely embedded in the body except for the shutter button for the camera. I sometimes accidentally touch this button, but most of the time the phone doesn’t respond to it. It takes a long press in locked state to turn on the camera function on the phone so you’ll be on the safe side. Taking pictures with a locked phone can be disabled in Windows Phone though.
On the front of the phone is a large glass face that covers the front of the phone. This gives the 8X a solid look. The speaker is embedded in the glass and the front facing...

Call quality 9/10 Good quality though could be a bit louder.
Camera 9/10 great camera, makes good shots and is easy to access with the dedicated camera button
Everyday usage 8/10 Not the useability that I used to have on android (yet) but yet a very comfortable phone to use
Battery 8/10 the phone easily lasts a day

Pros

• bright screen

Hunt3rj2
posted on 19 Feb 2013, 21:00 (Posts: 396; Member since: 11 Nov 2011)

The Signature Windows Phone.

Hunt3rj2 has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

The 8X is one of the best Windows Phones out there today. Things that I noted during my review are below:
Probably the greatest attribute this device has, above all others, is its design. I have found that when people see the phone, their very first instinct is to touch it, and feel the soft-touch coating that few phones can match. More than just the material design, however, the internal layout of the device makes the device feel very different, and much more even in its weight distribution. The squared-off corners of the body only serve to emphasize the feeling that this device is a physical tile, and the sharp edge of the device makes it feel as if the phone is much thinner than the spec sheet would imply.
Both the external speaker and audio out jacks provide impressive sound quality with low noise, no doubt due to the 2.55V amp.
The screen is great, bar none. HTC has done a great job with a device that has accurate colors and amazing viewing angles, with more than adequate outdoor brightness. However, I did notice that some angles had a tendency to have slight color shift while others did not, most likely the result of the screen technology used. All in all, these were minor issues that did not detract from the experience.
The 2.1MP FFC had quality that really put it on another level. Video chats were no longer a mess of blur. The rear-facing camera was just as great, although the best shots required a steady hand and tap to capture rather than using the camera button, which...

Reception 9/10 Kicks down a bit too willingly near baseline but reception is still more than on par with competition.
Camera 9/10 Fine detail is not particularly sharp.
Text input 9/10 WP8's keyboard is okay but I found the autocorrect to be very niggly.
Display 9/10 A bit of off-angle color shift. Otherwise perfect.
Battery 8/10 Only average. I get through the day with around 30% remaining but I expect more if I leave it idling all day.

IM0001
posted on 19 Feb 2013, 12:01 (Posts: 0; Member since: 19 Feb 2013)

The best all around Windows Phone 8 Device

IM0001 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

With the release of the 8X, HTC has gotten a Windows Phone to spread across all carriers (except Sprint for the moment), similar to how Samsung has done with the S3 and unlike what Nokia has had to do with the Lumia 920 which is stuck on AT&T. Being how that is, the 8X is one of the most well built, feature filled, and easy to live with devices you can get right now. The build quality is top notch with a offering of colorful polycarbonate bodies, a Gorilla Glass 2 curved edge 4.3" display with an SuperLCD2 screen, and all the under hood performance that is needed with its 1.5Ghz Duel Core Snapdragon. Since it is running Windows Phone 8, the device never slows down and never feels like it hands or is sluggish no matter the task, combined with the newer high performance processor and GPU, games and video run at full speed and web browsing renders pages as fast as your internet connection can download them. The physical size of the device is perfect for single handed operation and the rubberized body keeps the phone from feeling like it will just slip out of your hand with just the wrong movement.
One interesting hardware perk that HTC offers is the Beats Audio Amp. While it may sound like a sound gimmick, when you plug in some good unpowered headphones and the AMP turns on, the audio quality and sound level can go up to amazing heights (NOTE: do not play music with headphones at max volume upon first connection, it's that loud). I was truly amazed how much the AMP helps with headphone...

Pros

• Fast, beautiful, well built, Beats Audio AMP, good signal, battery life, overall performance.

Cons

• Not on Sprint. NFC tends to drain battery when left on.

IM0001 alternatives:

kalou
posted on 19 Feb 2013, 11:03 (Posts: 0; Member since: 19 Feb 2013)

Fantastic intro to windows phone 8

kalou has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

I have not used a windows phone since owning my first android device.
I have had my brand new windows phone 8x now a good few weeks and spent a while getting to know the features and how it all works. I've managed to transition mostly really easily from android to windows phone. Some things needed a little research, such as adding my multiple Google calendars but have managed to get it all set up as I like it. I don't find it as customizable as my android device but it's perfectly fine and does what I need it to do. I can do most of the things I'm used to with android, social networking, web browsing, kindle reading, emailing etc easily. Battery life is great, easily lasts a day and a half with regular use which is a welcome change from a lot of smartphones out there.
The biggest wow for me has been the camera. Whatever HTC have done with their latest camera technology it seriously works. Such great quality pictures coming from this phone, really crisp and clear and good colours. The app itself is simple to use and has a few settings you can play around with.
The phone itself is a lovely size and the design and colour are really striking (I have California blue) it feels well made, solid and like it will last well. The quality of the screen is amazing, beautiful colour and so clear!
All in all I'm very impressed by how much windows phone has improved in the last few years. It's a completely different experience, simple and easy to use and seems reliable, and this HTC handset is...

sjaywu
posted on 18 Feb 2013, 20:04 (Posts: 0; Member since: 18 Feb 2013)

Well Designed and Captivating

sjaywu has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

In this review, I'm going to focus as exclusively on the hardware as possible, only venturing into software where HTC's exclusive WP apps are concerned.

This phone first met with complete skepticism from me, a previously very happy TITAN owner. The screen was far smaller and the storage no bigger than the phone I already had. When I finally had a chance to use the device and eventually own it however, that changed entirely.

The design is absolutely impeccable, and what I have come to expect from HTC. Pure machined precision, in comfortable soft touch material, with the curved glass screen sloping to meet the body at the edges. I know the lack of removable batteries is somewhat of a lightning rod issue, but I found the unibody construction of the phone made it feel more solid in my hand and gave me more peace of mind. One issue I did find with this curved glass is that it curves away so sharply that a screen protector is left with a somewhat unsightly line where it's not stuck on all around the edge.

The coloring schemes are quite nice and brilliant, and they give a good sense of personality to the phone, matched by equally vivid tiles when the phone is on.

The cameras on the device are arguably one of the best experiences. The main camera takes great pictures in daylight, and manages in low-light situation with a flash that is very quick, timed well with the relatively quick shutter. I would have liked to see more image stabilization and low-light optimization with regards...

rtwmike
posted on 18 Feb 2013, 16:40 (Posts: 0; Member since: 18 Feb 2013)

Amazing Windows Phone

rtwmike has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

I am a fan of Android and had 2 other Android smartphones before.
I will make some comparisons between the HTC 8X and my HTC Sensation.
First I tried the camera, I was very curious about the development in this area.
Compared to the HTC Sensation, the image quality of the camera is a improvement. Even in low light conditions, the camera is much more mature. Same for the the front camera, perfect for Skype.
I have California Blue edition. This makes it a real attractive gadget in an elevator ;-). It is extremely flat and thanks to soft-touch it feels amazing in your hand. Significant improvement compared to the HTC Sensation. The battery lasts (for my usage profile) about 2 days, which exceeded my expectations.
HTC adds some of their own apps to the standard apps. E.g. a photo enhancer and a weather lock screen. These little goodies improve the Windows Phone experience."

southy
posted on 18 Feb 2013, 15:15 (Posts: 0; Member since: 18 Feb 2013)

Brilliant phone

southy has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

I have had this phone for about 6 weeks now and I think its superb, looks so cool, fits nicely in your hand, the shape of it makes it feel a lot slimmer than it actually is. Great sounding Beats audio, if you like listening to music on your phone. The camera takes amazing shots, and an extra wide 2MP front facing camera to get all your pals in that all important photo. Battery lasts well, about a day and a half with normal usage. Well recomended!

RAGUK
posted on 18 Feb 2013, 03:49 (Posts: 0; Member since: 18 Feb 2013)

Perfect Palm & Pocket Pal!

RAGUK has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

A light powerful machine that fits in the palm of your hand.

Sometimes your phone can be a hindrance. Make your palm and your pocket uncomfortable (especially if you’re wearing those awful pants again)! But not the 8x!
The 8x’s slender design is light and sexy. It fits perfectly into the palm with all its buttons easy to touch without any need of your primary hands companion (the other hand). Because of the slim design it is so simple to navigate the OS, so you can be in and out of life with minor interruption to your daily tasks.

Taking a phone call? That’s right, show off that sweet Californian blue style you’re digging or many other vibes available exclusively from HTC Windows Phones.

The HTC 8x has exclusive apps too. My particular favourite is the HTC tile that shows me the date, time and weather all on one tile, of which no other phone can offer. Not forgetting the awesomeness that is built into the 8x too, HTC SENSE. That’s right HTC Sense is very popular across HTC’s phones and it is here too on the 8x!

That’s not the only exclusivity this phone has... Like music? Then what are you still doing without this phone!? Built in to the 8x, exclusive to HTC is Dre’s Beats Amplifier. Imagine your favourite tunes, now imagine them enhanced by one of the most popular music brands in the world & feel your music come to life.

Lastly one ultra cool tech the 8x has is its front facing camera. You will find no other phone capable of giving you wide angle shots that can fit you...

TobbeDroider
posted on 16 Feb 2013, 08:19 (Posts: 0; Member since: 16 Feb 2013)

Best Windows Phone 8 around

TobbeDroider has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

Have used 8X since just before Christmas and I must say I was pleasantly surprised at just how solid 8X feels and how quick it is. Has the black myself and is among the best looking phones around now, the feeling in the hand beats everything else as well. Battery is better than on most phones as well. The front camera outclasses everything else, If you like me like to to take self-portraits: it's a given. In short: Very good!

Build quality 10/10 Very well put together, feels very good in your hand
UI speed 10/10 Everything just shows up when you want to, never any lag

Pros

Cons

• Lacks of apps on marketplace

TobbeDroider alternatives:

pravus_nephilim
posted on 16 Feb 2013, 07:33 (Posts: 0; Member since: 16 Feb 2013)

Solid phone with a distinctive design aesthetic

pravus_nephilim has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

The Windows Phone by 8X has to be one of the most distinctive smartphone designs I've had the pleasure to experience first hand. From the rubberized polycarbonate body to the curved gorilla glass the phone is top of the range and never have I been asked so much, "What phone is that?" by friends and casual onlookers alike. California blue was my weapon of choice but the other colour options are sure to ellicit similar head turning reactions. The 4.3 inch display hits the sweet spot for me personally in terms of size and allows you to effortlessly view media content without feeling like you're transporting a tablet in your pocket. The volume rocker, power and dedicated camera buttons all feel solid in operation and allow the phone to be used single handedly while on the move in an effortless fashion without excessive hand acrobatic skills being required. I am delighted with this smartphone and wouldn't hesitate in suggesting it to anyone!

Pros

• Screen Size
  • Durability

LinleyM
posted on 16 Feb 2013, 07:11 (Posts: 0; Member since: 16 Feb 2013)

The phone that makes the other phones ugly.

LinleyM has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

I have been using a California Blue HTC 8X for nearly a month now and I must admit that while I was ecstatic by the design, I also had a lot of apprehension due to its fineness. The 8X is my first device from HTC that’s so beautifully crafted, so light that I find myself very often weirdly caressing the smooth polycarbonate material. My other HTC devices that I’ve owned look incredibly bulky and rude next to the 8X. This is most obvious with the grey Titan II sitting next to the lively California Blue device. HTC, through the design of the 8X, clearly wanted to re-invent itself and they have succeeded.

However, the HTC 8X is not perfect despite its eye-catching, flashy design. For a device that has a 4.3” screen, it is unusually tall. This is particularly noticeable when compared to the 4.7” Titan II. That’s kind of weird when I have to reach the soft buttons at the bottom of the screen or the power button at the top. It requires much finger twist and a bit of Fantastic 4 Reed Richards elastic superpowers to use the soft buttons with just one hand. HTC should have gone with at least a 4.5” screen to make the device more usable. That’s the price to pay to give the HTC 8X a gorgeous 1280x720 screen with pixel density of 342ppi. The Titan II is no match at this level. Photos are crisp; browsing the web is a pleasure.
The front camera is amazing with its ability to capture more in one photo than any other phones can handle. It’s just great to fit in my daughters and myself when doing...

AmitShah
posted on 16 Feb 2013, 06:42 (Posts: 0; Member since: 16 Feb 2013)

The best phone ever made by HTC

AmitShah has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

According to me 8X is the best phone ever made by HTC in terms of hardware. 8X has perfect size. Inspite of having 4.3 inch screen, the phone is very sleek. Infact the bezel is compact to accommodate easy one hand operation i.e one can access full screen from top to bottom easily. The phone comes in amazing colours, be it red, yellow, blue, pink and black. The best part is matching front ear piece grill in the same colour. I’m in love with the design of 8X. The phone has lovely curves on the back. 8X sports a beautiful polycarbonate unibody design with round corners. The back is matte rubber coating that makes the phone slip resistant and comfortable to hold.

8X comes with long lasting 1800 mah battery. It has wonderful battery life as the phone lasts for full day with continuous internet and sync on and moderate usage. Still, 8X is a light weight phone.
The display of 8X is very crisp and sharp.
8X comes with 8 mp back camera and 2.1 mp wide angled front camera. The camera quality is awesome. You can capture wide angled photos with front camera. The best part is dedicated camera button on the side, which according to me is must have in all handsets.
The 8X runs is very fast as it comes with 1.5 GHz dualcore Qualcomm S4 process and 1 GB RAM. Also 8X comes with inbuilt 16GB internal memory and Gorilla Glass display.

AmitShah alternatives:

adf00
posted on 16 Feb 2013, 04:50 (Posts: 0; Member since: 16 Feb 2013)

A beautiful, well thought out device

adf00 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

I came to the HTC 8X as a total Android lover, fresh from the HTC One S and was interested in seeing what this phone had to offer over it’s Android counterpart. I’ve been using the 8X for about a month now and figured it was time to take stock of the change in both phone and ecosystem.
It’s difficult to review a phone like the 8X without immediately talking about the overall aesthetic design of the phone. The One S was a great phone to use, but the 8X feels incredible to hold. It’s always sure to draw some attention every time I take it out of my pocket, and it’s great to see HTC trying something different with their phones while still remaining incredibly well designed. I’m using my 8X without a case or screen protector because, firstly, I feel like putting it in a case would do it a dis-service. This thing was meant to be touched. I don’t throw my phones around, but after a month of heavy use it still looks as pristine as it did when I first got it. The phone and screen are of a decent size, and the slimness of the phone exacerbates the already great design. If you’re looking at getting an 8X, I would strongly recommend heading to a local shop and just holding it for yourself.
Another strong aspect of the 8X are it’s cameras – the front camera in particular was a welcome surprise, as it’s something that I feel is often overlooked on similarly spec’d devices. In short, the front camera is actually very decent. For taking pictures of yourself with groups of friends or whatever...

Andischatz
posted on 16 Feb 2013, 03:44 (Posts: 0; Member since: 16 Feb 2013)

Prettiest phone I've ever owned.

Andischatz has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

I have been a fan of HTC for quite some time now, simply because the hardware build quality is outstanding. This phone is not an exception. The workmanship is faultless, the processor is powerful enough to deliver a very smooth performance and the diplay is simply the best I have seen so far.
The styling is simply stunning and one of HTC's masterpieces. Holding it in your hand is a sensual experience, the phone feels much slimmer than it actually is and seeing that every single little hole that the speaker is mounted under has been individually drilled to perfection shows an attention to detail so often amiss with other manufacturers. The feel of the beautifully blue surface is smooth and lovely, you almost don't want to put it down at all; the glass surface is super sturdy and delivers an image that is crisp, clear and immediate. You've never been so close to your images, it feels like you're looking at laminated photos - perfectly suited for the crisp simple beauty of the OS!

The dedicated camera button saves you from having to take wild stabs at the phone's display when taking a picture and the cameras are two of the phone's highlights anyway. The ultra-wide-angle front camera as well as the exceptional main camera both deliver images of the highest quality; I've never taken pictures as good as this with any other phone before.

I have yet to find an application or video that takes the processor to its limits, everything has been completely smooth and easy so far. Sound, too...

Build quality 10/10 Feels very rugged and sturdy. The glass is nigh indestructible and the blue surface doesn't scratch easily.
Reception 10/10 I get very good reception with this phone (better than I used to with others).
Call quality 10/10 Sound quality is fantastic!
Internet 9/10 Fantastic integration, although I'd like a different browser.
Multimedia 10/10 Video and music quality is fantastic!
Camera 10/10 Best cameras I've seen on a phone yet. Front camera has a very wide angle, main camera takes amazing pics!
UI speed 10/10 All very fluid, smooth and elegant!
Everyday usage 9/10 WP8 still has a bit of catching up to do, but that's not the phone's fault.
Text input 9/10 Works very well, but I'm missing SlideIT.
Display 10/10 Hands down the best display I've seen. Feels like yu're looking at a laminated photo.
Battery 10/10 Lasts up to two days, can't say fairer than that.

Pros

• fabulous design
  • both sturdy and beautiful
  • fast processor
  • incredible display
  • fantastic sound
  • best cameras ever
  • OS updates guaranteed

Cons

• (still some) OS limitations

AhmadAAziz
posted on 15 Feb 2013, 22:16 (Posts: 0; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)

Elegant, productive, social and simply HTC

AhmadAAziz has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

Windows Phone 8X by HTC is, exceptionally, elegant!
The touch, the feel, the look the size and the weight are just perfect!
Pleasantly stylish and thin to have it in my hand, in my pocket or to put it on my desk!

4.3” screen makes it the best screen resolution ever on Windows Phone with HD720p.
Vivid images and vibrant colors on whatever color theme I decide to switch to!
My lock screen is set to “HTC Sense”.
Weather, location and time are there beautifully.
Time and weather are a glimpse away from the HTC Hub Live Tile!
I love HTC HUB where news, which matters to me are always handy.

Personal emails and work emails?!
No problem! All there!
Notes via OneNotes and Evernotes always at my fingertips!

With Windows Phone 8X by HTC, my self-portraits now have room for all my friends to show up all our emotions
Ultra-wide-angle front facing camera gives me the best quality photos ever from a front facing camera on a smartphone!

When it’s time for my favorite music, I just plug in my earphones and I enjoy ultra-clear voice.
Beats Audio sound booster/enhancer is now a must and a standard demand

I’m socially connected wherever I go!
Facebook and twitter are in my pocket!

I never get lost, when I have Bing Maps with me.
Never asked for information about something I needed to know, or a song I needed to identify or even a QR code I needed to scan!
I have Bing search! Just a click on a softkey and I’m on

Simply the best phone in the world of the new Windows Phone 8!
Simply HTC...

Build quality 10/10 Great finish with the best build quality polycarbonite!
Reception 10/10 Haven't experienced a single phone call drop.
Call quality 10/10 Clear voice, and people hear me clearly
Multimedia 9/10 Has the best music experience with Beats Audio Has the best screen resolution 720p on a Windows Phone 8
Camera 10/10 Great front facing camera, The fist smartphone to have front facing camera with wide angle! Amazing for self portrait and skype!
UI speed 10/10 Very snappy
Everyday usage 10/10 Very clean UI Very crisp display
Text input 9/10 Could have been better (Windows Phone 8 OS Limitation)
Display 10/10 The best Windows Phone Display in the market The highest resolution (4.3" 720p)
Battery 9/10 Ok on moderate usage

Pros

• Best front facing camera with wide angle
  • Best music experience with Beats Audio enhancer
  • Best screen resolution on a Windows Phone 8

Cons

• Limitations of the OS (Windows Phone 8)

craigmarc82
posted on 15 Feb 2013, 15:13 (Posts: 0; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)

Amazing phone

craigmarc82 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

I have had the HTC 8x for a while now and I can honestly say it's the best feeling and well put together smartphone I have ever had the pleasure of holding!
The design of this phone is exquisite. HTC haven't missed a single detail and in my opinion it's the best looking smartphone available today. The tapered edges make the phone extremely comfortable to hold and it's easy to reach all corners of the screen.
The screen itself is simply stunning, one of the sharpest available at 720p hd resolution. Colours are vibrant and pop.
The camera is also amazing. compared to my girlfriends iphone it's much better. The camera also has a dedicated shutter button which allows quick and easy access to the camera.
Sound is also awesome with integrated beats audio.
One of the biggest plus points for me over previous smartphones is the excellent battery life. A single charge will easily last more than a day with heavy use in my experience.

I really can't recommend this phone highly enough. I hope HTC carry this great design language forward into future smartphones.

If your in the market for a new phone BUY IT.

Pros

• Build quality, screen and camera

Cons

• no expandable storage

brujoquizz
posted on 15 Feb 2013, 12:28 (Posts: 0; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)

Excellent phone if you're looking for a WP8 device

brujoquizz has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

The first impression I got when I hold this device was suprisingly good. I was used to smaller phones with screens that had lower quality (I had had a Wildfire before this device) and when I saw this I was phone in action I get impressed. The size is perfect to hold the device in a hand an access everything with a single finger, but it has a really nice resolution and it's big enough to see any video in detail. The colours are really life and it has an instant response to your touch.

The back shape is curve so the phone fits your hand really nicely and it has a silicon texture that makes it fell firm when you hold it. It comes in a wide range of unusually fresh colours, very nice to see.

The camera is one of the bests I've ever seen, it takes amazing fotos with a extremely good quality (comparable to the Sony ones, which in my opinion are the best ones). The front camera has and incredible capture angle, when you think you're appearing alone in a photo you can capture a couple of friends next to you.

It comes with Windows Phone, which is really not my cup of tea because of its lack of applications, but the HTC 8X moves this system without any problem.

If you're looking for a WP8 device, this should be definitely your choice!

Internet 9/10 internet explorer default browser. very fast
Multimedia 7/10 flash not suported, youtube only through the browser
Camera 10/10 one of the best I've ever seen
UI speed 10/10 without lacks, no blockings in 2 months using it

Pros

• screen
  • ui speed and stability
  • feeling

Cons

• multimedia
  • system (windows phone 8)

comparun
posted on 15 Feb 2013, 11:40 (Posts: 0; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)

Amazing phone that meets all your needs with looks

comparun has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

This time HTC has done a great job. HTC 8X signature phone for Windows Phone 8 from HTC is one of the best device I have ever bought. It's tremendously fast and has lot's of features.

Being an Android user for a long time, it's pretty good experience using Windows Phone 8 Live tiles.
I am power user, I would say HTC 8X has nailed this this time.

About me...
My phone is my life, Heavy texter, Heavy apps user, Business Professional & Need phone to keep me organized

Build quality 10/10 Soft touch hard poly carbonate gives it durability and looks.
Internet 10/10 Fast broswing
Camera 10/10 Amazing camera quality pics
Battery 10/10 After a ultra high usage I easily gets whole day

Pros

• Amazing looks & design
  • Awesome sound with & without headphones
  • Tremendously fast
  • Go social at one central hub
  • Crispy screen texture & brightness
  • Power of Windows Live tiles to keep you updated
  • Battery backup is amazing if the all the emails are not kept as push.
  • Best inbuilt email app so far.
  • Bold solid colors
  • Extremely thin & light yet powerful like a monster

ashrit09
posted on 15 Feb 2013, 09:22 (Posts: 0; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)

The best in class.

ashrit09 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

Looks & Feel :
The styling of the phone is truly inspired by the Windows ecosystem depicting various colours. But unlike most Windows phones available in the market, HTC has seriously made attempts to make it stand out in the crowd.Be it the tapered edges which makes it feel extremely thin and comfortable to hold or the extremely light weight chassis which makes it one of the most lightest phones available.

Similar to its Android counterpart, the use of polycarbonate makes up to a delightful feel in the hand.

Software & UI :

The fact that this phone has been made by HTC together with the Windows team has ensured the most smoothest experience of Windows 8 as compared to others. Be it the opening of apps or the updating of tiles, everything is picture perfect.

For someone like me who has been not the Android ecosystem since the beginning was a smooth transition and find it much better here.

Though one thing that might bother some of us is the lack of apps but most major apps are available or have a replacement.

Camera :

The camera on the 8X was the first thing to catch my attention on this mighty beast. The amazing front facing camera is one of the best in the class and thanks to its ultra wide angle which assures you that no one will be missed out in the frame.

The rear camera is almost identical to the one on the One X+ with an incredible shutter speed. But I did miss out a few features I have on my One X+. For now it can be overcome by use of apps like Camera Pro...

Pros

• Amazing design
  • Beats Audio

kelwzl
posted on 15 Feb 2013, 06:24 (Posts: 0; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)

The Game Changer

kelwzl has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

It is no surprise, when i saw the live updates of the release of the HTC 8X on Engadget, I knew i had to get one. There are just so many things desirable about this phone ; until now, i still find that it is one beautiful, efficient phone.

Lets first talk about it's main feature. Its camera powered by ImageChip. Continuing on HTC One X's impressive camera chip, the 8X did not fail to impress. Pictures taken were crisp and clear while bringing out the details of the subject. Impressive. There is even an 2.1 MP front facing camera with the super wide angle feature, having self-portraits is not a problem anymore. One can even get their friends to join in, credits to the wide angle camera.

Next, the bass pumping amplifier that is able to blast tunes without breaking a sweat. This is the future of mobile entertainment. "Audiophile-like quality" - I believe these few words say it all.

Finally, the aesthetic features of the phone. The matt texture of the phone is JUST SO COMFORTABLE. Try holding it in your hand, you will not want to let go of it. It feels so natural, it feels so small. It does not even feel like a HTC One X, this combines the meaning of SLIM and FEATURE PACKED.

Make no mistake, such a small phone is powered by Windows Phone 8. The lag-less interface you used to know, is now better with more features.

Why wait? Get your HTC 8X now, a windows phone.