x PhoneArena is looking for new authors! To view all available positions, click here.
HTC Wildfire S Discussions
  • Options
    Close

Internal Memory

foghina (unregistered) 11 Jun 2011, 07:47 posted on

The specs say it has 512MB of ROM memory, but how much of that is abailable for applications (i.e. how much free memory does it have the first time you boot it up?). It's a critical point because low internal memory leads to poor performance, regardless of the CPU/GPU. This is the exact problem I have with my current phone (Samsung i5700 Galaxy Spica) -- it has a good CPU, but you only get like 40-50mb of memory internally and that slows the whole thing down like hell.

Also, my girlfriend's Wildfire (no S) only has like 50mb of memory left on the phone, although she doesn't have a lot of apps installed. And it has "512MB ROM" just like the new Wildfire S.

So, does anyone know how much internal memory is available to the user?

Thanks.

posted on 11 Jun 2011, 12:08 1

1. A4 (unregistered)

418MB available to user on wildfire S

posted on 26 Oct 2011, 14:16

12. ancruff (Posts: 3; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)

no..its not....its less than 150mb

posted on 26 Jun 2011, 13:21 1

2. sagars (unregistered)

only 150mb is avaialble to user for apps on wildfire s and not 418mb

posted on 28 Jun 2011, 06:38

3. Gaurang (unregistered)

I dont think even 150 is available. I think its about 75 mb.

posted on 03 Jul 2011, 10:03

4. ravi prajapati (unregistered)

I have a problem with my internal storage on my Wildfire S.

When I check my internal memory, I only have 14 MB free of 150 MB (I thougt that the wildfire S had 512 of internal storage?). Which is impossible, because I only have like 40 MB of apps installed on my internal storage.

I used App 2 SD free to move every movable app to my sd.

I get a "insufficient memory" error when new apps are being installed.

please help

posted on 03 Jul 2011, 10:07

5. ravi prajapati (unregistered)

I have a problem with my internal storage on my Wildfire S.

When I check my internal memory, I only have 14 MB free of 150 MB (I thougt that the wildfire S had 512 of internal storage?). Which is impossible, because I only have like 40 MB of apps installed on my internal storage.

I used App 2 SD free to move every movable app to my sd.

I get a "insufficient memory" error when new apps are being installed.

please help

posted on 20 Jul 2011, 04:04

6. Maggeo (unregistered)

I'm experiencing similar issues. I bought my wildfire S 3 weeks ago. It came with a 2GB(1.84GB actually available for use) SD card. I have downloaded only a hanful of apps, and I'm unable to move all of them to the SD card(not just the default apps). This means I have problems downloading and updating, as well as using the friendstream(needs about 20MB)
Any advice?
The apps I cannot move seem to be the ones requiring WiFi, like chess.com, F1, Words with friends Etc

posted on 24 Aug 2011, 04:03

7. RJ (unregistered)

I still have 150mb remaining after installing Yahoo Messenger, Quick Office and Webster Dictionary....it's quite enough...

posted on 30 Aug 2011, 16:51

8. Pushpak (unregistered)

Can the apps be installed on the SD card or the apps can only be installed on the device memory? I am facing this issue with my Blackberry as i can't install the apps in the SD card,
If anyone has the answer then please let me know

posted on 10 Sep 2011, 09:20

9. jay (unregistered)

hi all i have a phone samssung galaxy ace... it s internal is 158mb what means.... it s means there have just 158mb for games and video??? but if i put a memory card my games will go on the memory card??????

posted on 22 Sep 2011, 12:16

10. -wildfire s (unregistered)

Main problem that the many of the application not allowing to move from phone to sd card.←↔

posted on 04 Oct 2011, 06:07 1

11. Moosa Mahsoom (unregistered)

i brought my htc wildfire s like a week ago. i think the htc sense and the widgets take up a lot of space which is crucial for a phone like wildfire s. the best idea would be managing space carefully. We can store apps such as games or apps which can be moved to sd card to the sd card. We can also clear the cache at regular intervals and ensure there are no unwanted apps in the memory such as a app which you download for a single use.

posted on 19 Jan 2012, 18:50

13. kimdaisy (Posts: 1; Member since: 19 Jan 2012)

I just got mine, I am having the same problem with not enough memory to download anything, I have an 8g sd card but it won't move my two downloads, Skype and watsapp to the sd card. was going to get a 32g sd card, but whats the point?
I downloaded advanced task killer and I think we all need it with this phone, so far the complications of sorting out this and a few other problems have spoilt the joy of getting a new phone, I just feel frustated.

posted on 13 Oct 2012, 10:57

14. Danyshk (Posts: 1; Member since: 13 Oct 2012)

the rest of the memory is used by android itself

posted on 11 Apr 2013, 20:04

15. jac001626 (Posts: 1; Member since: 11 Apr 2013)

i dont have any of my apps installed, its all standard stuff you get on it and i only have 16 MB storage , i cant even download things that say they are on 2 MB , and if i do download something i cant move it, any help please!!!

Want to comment? Please login or register.

Latest stories