HTC TyTN II User Reviews

silentdea
posted on 12 Nov 2009, 21:54 (Posts: 0; Member since: 12 Nov 2009)

Awesome

Even though its pretty old now, the tilt is my best phone to use. It has so many ways to customize itself. It can become anything. My tilt is currently a HTC touch diamond. The Internet speed on the tilt is blazing fast. It can almost compare with the Iphone, but the iphone is a little bit faster than the tilt. The tilt can also get ROM updates which is very good because then it is fully customizable. What I like most about the HTC tilt is that the tilt can get TouchFlo 3d or TouchFlo 2d (Manila 2D).

Pros

• Customizable
  • organized
  • has a fast Internet speed

Cons

• just a tiny bit slow

Joshywuff
posted on 19 Aug 2009, 13:22

Well what have we here...?

Let me start by saying that I haven't owned too many mobile devices, so this review might be skewered on experience.. So, I had a CU500 that was pick-pocketed off of me in Flagstaff, and AT&T was oh so complient with their insurance policy to NOT replace my device, and so told me to buy a GO! phone and sent me a backup SIM card for it, but a friend offered to give me his spare Blackjack in exchange for a pack of smokes, then it stopped charging and so I invested in a Nokia E70 and an HTC Tilt.
So, I got the phone with basic HTC Home and the Black Dialer SKin (photo)

Pros

• Extremely customizeable
  • Very solid, intuitive design
  • Amazing sound quality
  • A great PPC design

Cons

• Crappy battery life
  • Rather weak hardware limits customization possibilities
  • May be too big/heavy for some.

ivan
posted on 24 Mar 2009, 14:36

good but bulky

The TyTnII is on of the best mobiles around, reliable. It's fast though it can slowdown when many apps are running. One of its bad things is the hand free which is terrible. Slide feature is beautiful with QWERTY. One will find endless applications on the net.

Pros

• many features
  • still pictures are pefect
  • sound is great
  • expandable memory
  • gps

Cons

• handsfree is awful
  • moving pictures are aweful and out of focus
  • no flash
  • no radio

wm fiend
posted on 17 Jan 2009, 13:43

could be better!!

This device is good, yes. But could be so much better if HTC would have put the correct graphics drivers in it. I like the device and have fully custimized it. Stock this device is practicly un usable. I have no idea how this device got a 9.8.

Pros

• options for custimization are endless.

Cons

• slow

Matt with mobilecom
posted on 07 Jan 2009, 16:51

Still one of the best...

The tilt in my opinion is still one of the better if not more favorable data phone out there, it is not only reliable but it is expandable, with updates like windows 6.1 video share is now included, and with skyfire's beta browser the phone pretty my works as a lap top for someone who could use that much access and information with out carrying one around... The phone is by no means one of the most mobile devices as its large to make pocketing it inconvinient but that aside out of working with phones all the time I'd have to say I'd see the least errors with tilts and actually htc in general compared to the other manufacturer's data phones including blackberry and even apple.. I had an iphone and even though its awesome its not as universal and likewise expandable. You can't beat buttons with a touch screen alone, not yet at least in my opinion.....

Pros

• fast processor, big display, strong housing, good camera, able to process almost all internet sites including flash and java, good reception, the ability to comfortably shift up and sit like a laptop, expandablility, and updatability.

Cons

• Titanic size of the phone, phone can lag if too many apps are running, no external volume control, easily pushed ptt button, and only one camera instead of its unlocked htc counterpart.

posted on 06 Dec 2008, 12:44

so-so

this phone has a lot of features, the touch screen is farely accurate, and the keyboard is pretty good, but it's bulky, heavy, and sometimes slow. also, to me it's not soo attractive..

p
posted on 12 Oct 2008, 23:26

one bad motha..

One of the best smart phones i've ever used, i had the i-crap for about two weeks and returned it to at&t so i can get this phone instead.... I have never looked back... Had the 6.0 wm but, just updated to 6.1 wm yesterday it's even better than my 6.0.... great phone gotta have

Pros

• 6.1
  • contacts
  • skyfire a must add
  • new today screen
  • better battery life

Cons

• 6.0 wm
  • you tube player
  • battery life before the upgrade

TGS
posted on 02 Oct 2008, 08:21

Superb device

My work really needs a good PPC and Since i started I did use Imate pocket PC and then Imate jasjam .. but honestly when I used HTC tyTN II it really made my work life much much easier the keyboard and typing long email really I enjoy it and I enevr get tired of using it.
The only problem that I really face till now its the battery life specially if you will use the LAN most of the time .. but overall its really a good device and I recommend for anyone who wants a smart nice device to help him for work.

Pros

• Keyboard amazing
  • Screen superb
  • Camera good
  • The sliding door and adjust it also perfect ..

Cons

• Batter life doesnt stay much
  • multiple messages to different people you should choose them one by one by choosing add recipients everytime. and you cant choose it all a once like nokia or blackberry by marking the people then you press OK which really makes it easier.
  • If you send SMS to a group and you tick Delivery report notification what hapend the report it stop sending the rest of the messages by saying "your sms can not be send right now" Since you are ghetting the delivery report.

CHITOMAX
posted on 26 Sep 2008, 14:10

HTC TILT

I know now days Technology enlights us with it's constact improvement, tools, devices and most of all knowledge. HTC is part of this improvemente. HTC has created PDA phones that are beyond of what is expected of a Smartphone. Apple created the Ipod and the Iphone.  As a matter of fact for those that like the Iphone there are CAB files with all the Iphone features as I custom my (HTC At&t Tilt).
HTC has started the future of technology in the Cell Phone market, and thanks to that, a cell phone is not a cell phone anymore is a communication machine with no bounderies.

Pros

• The Transcriber
  • Notes became a routine in my life. To set reminders became my task for the day " Now i don't forget my anniversary or my wife's birthday, or to pay any bill"
  • The Camera 3 megapixel
  • It takes really good pictures, and has plenty of pictures options.
  • Wi-Fi
  • Able to connect to the internet in Hot Spots, LIke Starbucks, hotels, coffe shops, etc.
  • Ease to Use
  • Even though is a Pocket PC and a Cell Phone in one, is easy to use, recommed to read User Manuel before starting.

Cons

• Application running and the battery life will be approximately last 4 hours max.
  • Sliding Keyboard
  • The sliding keyboard tends to become wobbly if you are a big texter.
  • Insurance
  • The deductible for this phone is $125. The usual deductible of $50 does not apply to this phone.
  • Incorrect file Formats
  • Download the Incorrect file format and you might end up with a completely froze phone.

John
posted on 12 Jun 2008, 14:42

THE iPhone KILLER

This thing has only one drawback. Weight. It's a functional design and I think it's one of the best looking. I like simplicity and I really like the keyboard that slides out. My only issue is it is a little stiff (keyboard buttons.) On the ouside letters it feels soft and responsive. The inner keys are still pretty stiff though. But then again I barely text so I can't honestly complain. It's got a nice OS, Great Browser, Built in support for Google Maps (with live tracking in Beta) and the battary life is fine. If you don't mind charging it every night. Worth the price tag (I think with a 2 year contract it's around $250 right now.) and I only have one question to AT&T. WHY KEEP APPLE iPHONES WHEN YOU HAVE THIS BEAST ON THE LINE UP!?!?

Paulson
posted on 07 May 2008, 00:14

Great Phone, Worth every Penny.

I finally managed to get my hands on this phone is India in April.
The two things that i think missed the Mark as the Audio Output on the Speaker & the Battery Life.

But, appart from these two short comings. I do not find any appreant problems with the phone.

What is love the most is your feel the full power of a 400 Mhz processer under the hood.

- P@ulson.

CritterGitter
posted on 05 Apr 2008, 03:41

Wonderful.

Fast, classy, great keyboard, great screen. Just awesome in general. A bit heavy and the camera could be better but still a great PPC.

Auton
posted on 20 Feb 2008, 15:24

Really like it!

I bought the phone Feb, 18 2008. I really lilke the phone, i had to buy it out right since at&t wouldn't work out a 1 year exception upgrade with me, so i had to put down alot of money. Anyways, the phone makes great calls i can hear great and the speaker phone is clear. The touch screen is really convienent. The keyboard is one of my favorite features and the tilt screen is great if you wanna lay the phone down and watch a video or just use the stylus. The wifi is a great feature, the only thing is sometimes if i have a weak signal it wiil jump to edge, not sure if there is a way to prevent that or not. The camera is really good quality. This phone gets great service too, this is the only phone that i have had that i can drvie home and not hit a dead spot and loose a call. The only down fall about the phone i have noticed is that it is kinda heavy, no big deal though i have already gotten used to it. Over all it's great.

Johnny
posted on 24 Dec 2007, 11:33

loving it every minute

I have been using AT&T cellphones for a while, in 2007, I have tried first the 8700c, then the BlackJack and now the Tilt, overall, Tilt is a great investment for the $174.99 I paid for. It does everything and it's sleek, The Blackjack isn't bad, but I needed something that I can playback my video reel and Tilt does a superb job.

For the money, for what it does for me, it is the best investment I've made so far.

D.J.
posted on 13 Dec 2007, 20:05

This Phone is GRREEEATTT!!!!!

I have had my Tilt for about a week now, and it is the complete package. I love the GPS, the sound quality is great, and the speed of the phone is wonderful. The picture quality is good, and more imporantly, the durability of the phone is wonderful. HTC and AT&T did a great job in manufactoring this phone. I had the Blackjack II for about a day and a half, but this phone just is simply amazing, so I had to get it.

PRESTON WILLIAMS
posted on 17 Nov 2007, 15:52

HTC TYTN II

I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS PHONE TO COME OUT. I FINALLY MADE THE SWITCH FROM VERIZON. THE PHONE IS INCREDIBLE, SO MANY FEATURES. THE CAMERA 3MP IS GREAT I TAKE VIDEO AND PICTURES.....THEY ARE GREAT!!!!! THE PHONE IS A MINI COMPUTER I SURF THE WEB THAT WORKS FINE. I PICKED UP A 2GB MEMORY CARD WHICH SEEMS TO HOLD A LOT OF MP3'S. THE WIFI I HAVEN'T USED YET. IT HAS PUSH TO TALK THAT WORKS PRETTY GOOD. IT CHECKS YOUR EMAIL AND RECEIVES TEXT MESSAGES. MY FAVORITE FEATURE IS THE GPS. I USED THE GOOGLE MAPS, SWITCHED TO WINDOWS LIVE SEARCH.....WORKS GREAT WITH THE PHONE. THIS IS THE BEST PHONE I HAVE EVER PURCHASED, IT DOES MY SCHEDULING ALSO. THE BEST ALL IN ALL PHONE FOR THE MONEY.

CONS: ARE THE BATTERY LIFE ...PURCHASED A BIGGER BATTERY...
THE SCREEN BROKE MISTERIOUSLY........GOT NEW PHONE AND A METAL CASE FOR PROTECTION.

Rod
posted on 14 Nov 2007, 11:31

WOW!!!

This phone is unbelievable!!!! I stopped lugging my laptop around with me. You will need a extra battery though. Best I ever owned.

Doug
posted on 14 Nov 2007, 00:15

Dig it

I have been looking for a new phone/pocket PC combo for a while now .. and this was worth the wait. I looked at two options .. the I-Phone and the TYtN II.

Some seem to be confused about the TYTN II and AT&T Tilt. They are 2 different devices. Very similar .. yes...but not the same. Both originate as the TYtN II .. but AT&T stripped the processor's speed . and took the Bus Card Reader out, and no front camera for conf. calls .. before offering it to its customers. The front cam. is not a big issue as of the date of this review .. as AT&T still does not offer video conferencing to its customers. Why they would choose t strip the processor sped from its original 400mghz .. is beyond me. I guess to make it cheaper .. but it really slows down performance between programs. I can run 10+ programs at the same time .. and make a call with no comp lag .. that's the power of the TYtN II!

This is not a comparison of the two .. so on with the show.

The real TYtN II .. is a bit pricey .. only found thru HTC. For me however it is worth every penny. Feature packed program/software.. and all run smoothly for me. The only complaint I have is not on the phone ...but with AT&T's service. The TYtN II simply FLYS thru its paces .. really an amazing piece of technology in a small bundle.
Smooth interface between programs .. and touch-flo .. gives smooth scrolling through all multi page screens. Touch-flo acts like the I-phones "touch a bility" .. with out the hype. Easy to use .., and fairly...

Preetham
posted on 06 Oct 2007, 06:39

A long wait

I had been waiting since April to switch from Verizon, finally I did. I managed to get the first arrival in the store yesterday. It is a good looking device. Never had anything like this before. Finally integrated everything in one. It has everything you can think of for a phone. It switches smoothly between 3g and the E networks. It does catch finger prints.The tilt feature makes it easy to read. It is a mini computer with a lot to offer. It synced with my pc smoothly and get gmail which is great. I still need to read the manual to discover all its capabilities. I highly recommend this phone. It is heavy one though.

Sharl
posted on 05 Oct 2007, 12:26

Amazing Device

I just got today AT&T Tilt. Amazing device, it is really complete. If you want a phone that is compatible with every single service that AT&T offers this is the one for you. It is more comfortable to carry than the previous model the 8525. The built in GPS is an excellent addition! The autofocus and the 3.2 Megapixel camera just awesome!!

Fungaroo
posted on 25 Sep 2007, 04:05

AWESOME!

This phone is awesome, other than the fact that it's hella heavy.
Even though the CPU isn't the fastest in the market, everything still goes pretty smoothly.
It is an expensive piece of equipment, but it worths!!!