HTC Touch Pro CDMA - Verizon User Reviews

abdiel
posted on 26 Nov 2008, 09:19

not exactly what I had in mind...

just got my new phone yesterday, charged... starting to use it right now...
so, far very dissapointed. it looks like the main features from the touch flow applications have been taken out as been reported for quite some time. the menu is not great.
Verizon makes good to their commitment of making their phones bad by taking features out like the GPS radio and the FM radio... If theirs is a way to go around it, I have not found it yet..
I'm thinking that the phone might have to go back but I'll keep everyone posted about the features as I get to use it more.

Pros

• size

Cons

• design, shape, interface, feel, performance, no gps, no fm.

Joe Lindner
posted on 26 Nov 2008, 02:43

Verdict tomorrow

Hi.
Just ordered this phone through the Verizon wireless website. I currently use a Samsung i760, and for all extensive purposes this phone seems to be modeled off of it style-wise. My 760 was a pretty highly rated phone, and I was very happy with the performance (as far as windows phones go anyhow). Spec-wise it should be a vast improvement, and by the looks of things, it needs to be considering that horrific Storm launch. Will let you all know what I think when I unpack it tomorrow. This will be my 5th Windows mobile phone, so I have plenty to draws comparison to.

Brian
posted on 24 Nov 2008, 15:14

Too pricey

While I agree that the price is alot in a market where most phones seem to be reducing prices, we are supposed to be rating the phone itself.
I have not had a chance to get my hands on this phone for any extended period of time.  I will try to update once I can.
I was a little dissappointed to see that Verizon went with the squared off version of the phone, as opposed to the other option (and like the Diamond will have) with rounded edges which make for a sleeker look (my opinion).
Based on the specs and research I have done, I think this phone should blow away the Blackberry Storm, and I love the option of pulling out a 5 row QWERTY keyboard if desired.

Pros

• Features, features, features. Pull out QWERTY keyboard, screen resolution,

Cons

• Squared off design, $$$$, a little light on the battery.