HTC Touch Pro CDMA - Verizon User Reviews

CrocadileUT
posted on 13 Feb 2011, 09:53 (Posts: 0; Member since: 13 Feb 2011)

Terrible

CrocadileUT has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

This phone has a world of features that made it ahead of its time, but it has far too little RAM for such a device, and it's extremely unstable. I had to pull the battery 1-3 times a day, and I'm not alone on this, numerous people I've known with WM6.5 phones often had to do battery pulls to stay functional. I tweaked this thing as much as I could, even flashing to WM6.5, but in the end I just couldn't stand it and switched to BlackBerry strictly for stability. Even phone dialing on the Touch Pro was a crap shoot, and that was the last straw.

Call quality 1/10 Dialing was a crap shoot, sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't and needed another battery pull.
Internet 1/10 Barely usable
Multimedia 1/10 It shouldn't take 10 seconds for the MP3 player to respond.
UI speed 1/10 This device needed more than double the RAM it came with.
Text input 7/10 The keyboard was one of the few things I did like about the phone.
Battery 1/10 I literally had to keep the thing charging all the time. In only a few short hours the battery might be dead.

Pros

• Qwerty keyboard
  • Relatively small size

Cons

• unstable
  • slow
  • awful battery life
  • internet browser barely worked

Rocketboy
posted on 06 Mar 2010, 20:11

1.3

Not even Close...

This is around the 15 or so smart phone I have owned in my life. I would rate this in the negatives if I could. I was issued this phone from my work. I have had it replaced 2 times. After about 6 months it just starts messing up bad. Here is a list of the problems I can think of:1. Slow. I don't mean kinda slow. After 6 months of use I am having to reboot this phone 2 or 3 times a day. It gets so slow it just freezes up. 2. Battery life. In the beginning all day long. After a 3-4 months of use you better keep a charger near you at all times. I even have extended life battery...3 hours I think of standby time. Talk time...45mins.3. Incoming call? sorry you will have 20% error rate answering. The phone either doesn't ring at all(even though you have cell service) or it does ring but won't let you answer it. 4. You like internet? hahahah some times it's quick... Others its SLOOOOOWWWW. What happens if it times out? You have to reboot ie completely. What a joke. 5. Meet the king of pocket calls. Not only will this phone make pocket calls, but it will also go through the menus and other settings on the phone while in your pocket. Like I said ..... The King!I can't think of all 1 million things with this phone, but I can say this.... unless it's free... um.. not even that. I would only give this phone to my enemies. This phone is the spawn of SATAN.

• flash light feature
  • ...

Cons

• making calls
  • speed
  • data connection
  • features
  • design
  • performance
  • worst phone ever made.

posted on 23 Mar 2009, 16:47

I laugh every time I see someone write a review that says "I'm writing a review on the phone and not the carrier".  I want everyone to understand that it in most cases that would be the only way to do it.  Unfortunately in this case the carrier effects the phones software so dramatically that it serious changes the dynamics of the whole phone.
I bought this phone way back in November and it has been over all a solid phone.  I have used little tweaks to help the Verizon crippling software.  It wasn't until just a week ago that I installed a new custom ROM (SSK 1.5).
Now I feel I can give the phone and not the carrier the review it deserves!
Plain and simple this phone is AWESOME now that the so called carrier's crap is no longer plaguing the phones performance.  The only thing I couldnt change was Verizon's idea to reduce the RAM from 288 to 192.

posted on 21 Feb 2009, 09:30

Well im rating the phone, not by the carrier BUT THE PHONE. the phone is really coo. At times it will lag up..... but what windows device doesnt!!! the battery life could be better.... But having as many phones as i have, the Pro is really good. The Flow is sick, and the camera and its feats are awsome. and putting opera on it was great.. And the motion runs great.. That teeter game is sick... and that means you can put a lot more motion games on there......BECAUSE it is a windows device you can do a lot more then some people have been posting... there are plenty hacks and feats you can add to it... Do a lil research before you go wrighting off the PHONE... you can do a lot! Yes verizon wants its money.. but they cant catch everything and figure out how to block it all!!! So dont rate the phone low cause the company its on... this is not a company review, its a phone review.

posted on 06 Jan 2009, 17:17

Why does Verizon feel such a deep need to strip features out of manufactures phones? Verizon reduced the RAM from 288 to 192.  People who don't own the phone might not think this is a big deal but it is.  Touch Flo is great but it needs every ounce of juice the phone has to run smoothly.  It is mind boggling that Verizon would cripple the phone further when 288 isn't enough.  Its like putting a 4 cylinder in a Ferrari or only being restricted to driving it in a parking garage.  Verizon is also the only company to lock the GPS.  I called to talk to a service representative to see if there was a way to turn it on.  They said that they couldn't do that for me but would gladly give me one month free for VZ Navigator.  So then it made sense. HTC designed a feature that works great with Google maps but Verizon cant make money off that. So what do they do? LOCK IT! Verizon now makes it mandatory for you to get their data plan and I'm OK with that. But they then make you pay another 10 dollars on top of that for their beloved VZ Navigator. I was upset with that. I have read a lot about how well HTC designed their YouTube player. I was really excited to put my 30 dollar data plan to some good use.  I figured if I cant use Google maps with my data plan then maybe I could mess around on YouTube.  You are not going to believe this but they took that away from the phone too.  My friend had a Sprint Touch Pro and should me his as he...

posted on 24 Dec 2008, 21:59

just my view

Let me start by saying that the phone would have been better if given all sprint features...now that being said this is by far the best phone on Verizon...This has great features and works pretty good...No it isnt perfect but no phone is...It is built  alittle cheap feeling but it isnt any worse than many other phones on Verizon. I owned both Storm and Omnia and sent both back Storm was worst phone I ever used.. Omnia didnt work as smoth as this and I couldnt wifi to work...Even with the flaws I believe the touch pro to be the best Verizon has to offer...I dont want to change carriers...I do think Verizon as a company should do its customers better than they do...But this is best phone Verizon has at this time to me..Everyone is different so please try all the phones you can and I hope you find one that will bring some happiness in some small way to you..My rating is based on verizon phones and not on others so if it seems High to you that is why.

Pros

• Wifi
  • key pad
  • Many features
  • Screen is the best
  • nice looking phone
  • works much smoother than Storm or Omnia

Cons

• Doesnt feel as solid as I would like
  • wish they would have left the extra ram

ReduceGadget
posted on 23 Dec 2008, 16:25 (Posts: 1; Member since: 23 Dec 2008)

Linked

This review has been linked from http://reducegadgetenvy.com/Item.aspx?i=7

posted on 17 Dec 2008, 17:14

2.7

Disapointing

This is actually a bad phone. The phone was incredibly slow and I wanted to throw it out a window. The bugs were the most annoying thing on any verizon phone. IMO, this is the worst verizon phone out.

Joe Lindner
posted on 11 Dec 2008, 03:35

In depth and non-biased review

Ok. I ordered this phone the day it appeared on the the Verizon website and have had it for over 2 weeks. This is my 4th windows mobile phone. In fact I've been using WM based phones since they originally came out, so I know their characteristics and limitations very well. I've gone from a Samsung i600, to a Samsung i730, to a Samsung i760, and then to the Touch Pro. Here's what I've found:
First of all, the Touch-Flo 3D interface is great. I absolutely love it. It's smooth and responsive, and better yet, the animations on the Favorites, Picture Viewer, and weather screens are beautiful. Also, everything off of the start menu has resized a tad bigger. As a result, I can actually use everything on my phone without the stylus if I prefer. The Calendar is still a little tough without it, but it's doable without too much of a headache. That being said there are a few things about Touch-Flo that I didn't like. It can bog down a tad if you use the slider immediately after closing a program. After a few seconds, it gets caught up and everything is fine. Also, the touch flo home screen isn't as customizable as I'd like. Tasks cannon be displayed there (I ended up putting them on the start menu), only the next 1 or 2 upcoming appointments can be displayed. There is no option to show everything coming up in the next 24 hours, for example. However these are minor gripes.
Next, I've seen several complaints listed here about the phone bogging down too much with Touch-Flo active. Every WM based...

Pros

• Touch Flo 3D
  • Processor Speed
  • Good amount of internal memory
  • High-Res screen
  • Slide-Out keyboard (I still haven't seen a decent touch screen Keyboard. Not even on the iPhone)

• In-ability to customize Touch Flo
  • Incoming calls turn the touch screen on... even if it's in your pocket.

posted on 10 Dec 2008, 13:17

a person would think that all touch pros would be the same.  look at the editor and user reviews on the other carriers touch pros.  i wonder if Verizon could learn something from this. the reviews say it all.

Anonnymust:)
posted on 09 Dec 2008, 20:22

Stop hatin' on Verizon

Okay, sorry this part isnt exactly a review. But really, so Verizon takes off a couple features. Sure, you might've wanted the Youtube App or whatever, and you can only put 10 cities on the weather. It's NOT the same phone as the At&t version or the Sprint versions. Thats exactly the point, there are different VERSIONS. Don't expect them all to be the same. If it matters to you that much, you can go switch to At&t and get the iPhone or their version of the Touch Pro. The touch screen looks great, clean and bright, but hard to see in the sunlight. The keyboard feels good when you press it (the placement of the M key is the only thing, but you get used to it) I wish the screen was a little bit bigger, but its fine, it really is. You can still see web pages and stuff. Wifi is AWESOME ive been looking for a Wifi-able phone for a while now and this works great. It does make the battery go down a bit but its like a mini computer so im not that fazed by it. It's a beautiful phone and it fits well in pockets, with only a little bulge like you would get with a wallet. I'm still working on how to get the TouchFLo going but the touch screen is decent without it. Okay, so it's not a phone that is for everyone. Do your research before you get it. If you are slow at technology and have trouble operating microwaves, do NOT get this phone. it's pretty user friendly towards business people and teenagers who are whizzes at cell phones, but it will also work if you are a 35 year old mom...

Josh Swanstrom
posted on 07 Dec 2008, 17:27

I waited 4 months for this phone

I "upgraded" from a samsung i760 to this the first day you could order it from Verizon on the internet.  I have had the phone for a week now and am very disapointed.
The vibrate is not violent enough for me.  I want to be able to feel the phone vibrate when it is in my pocket and with this one I miss calls and texts because I always leave my phones on vibrate.
The accelerometer is very cool and works great.
The keyboard is much less easy to type on than the i760 keyboard.  And yes, the location of the "M" is dumb.
It takes about 5-10 seconds for the phone to switch to bluetooth.  This really bugs me because when i answer a phone call in my car, the person on the other end hangs up before the call gets transferred from the handset to my hands free.
There is a little bump right on the Verizon logo.  Not a huge deal, but makes it look cheap.
VERY SLOW when I try to use the Touch Flow.  I enabled it at first and got so frustrated with how slow the phone responded, I had to turn it off to get back some memory.
The touch screen is enables as soon as the phone rings.  That means that if it is in you pocket, there is a very good chance you will touch the answer or ignore button before you get it out of your pocket.  There are custom fixes for this, and I assume Verizon will fix this too, but it just goes to show how little thought was put into the usability of the phone.
Battery life is reasonable.
All in all, this phone is not for the normal...

Pros

• Accelerometer
  • Wifi
  • TouchFlo is cool
  • Verizon network

Cons

• Overall design and performance
  • Price
  • TouchFlo is a memory hog
  • Verizon tech support has little to no info on the phone
  • Vibrate is too soft and quiet
  • Takes a long time to switch mic and speaker to bluetooth devices after call is connected.

Tiger07
posted on 05 Dec 2008, 22:29

Please Review The Phone, Not The Carrier

First let me say that some people here seem to hate this phone and give it a low score just because of the carrier. People, please, review the phone its features and abilities and not the carrier who did or did not do something to the phone.
This phone besides the Omnia and the Storm is the best smartphone Verizon has, period. The abilities of this phone surpass many other on Verizon's display. The 2.8 inch VGA screen is sharp and clear. WiFi works like it's advertised. Camera is second best besides Omnia's when looking at megapixels only. Pictures are nice and clear. Focusing is faster than some digital cameras out there. Touch screen is responsive and accurate like it should be. Please keep in mind that you need to calibrate the screen the right way with a stylus and not your fat fingers. As far as memory, no matter how much this or any other phone is going to have it's always going to be not enough. Once 1MB PC hard drives were supposed to be huge, today 1TB looks small. Of course more memory could have been better but this just falls back on the user in some way. If you don't know how to use Windows Mobile, don't complain that the phone has no memory. GPS, yes, it seems to be locked and Verizon does charge the customer to use that feature, but give it time and this will be hacked. Same goes with the WiFi, it works great at home, work or public WiFi spot, but as you know this phone being a "smartphone" requires a dataplan, so ask yourself if that WiFi...

• Large Keys
  • TouchFlo 3D

Cons

• Moved "M" key (easy to get used to)
  • 1 speakerphone speaker.

Jeff Walsh
posted on 05 Dec 2008, 15:55

I am just finishing day two with the TouchPro and I am very happy with phone, OK mostly happy.
It has taken some getting used to and I do reccomend activating the TouchFlo.  Why Verizon chose to go with the generic windows is beyond me.  I though the location of the M on the keyboard would be one of my biggest peaves, but it was one of the first things I got used to.  Battery life SUCKS.  I left home with a fully charged battery this morning, have only made a handful of calls and have a bar left.  I ordered a extended life battery and additional USB cable today.  I wonder how much difference the new battery will make.
E-Mail - I am very pleased with how easy it was to set up my Exchange and Gmail accounts.  The ability to see and switch between both accounts is a huge leap from my old Q.  E-mail is my primary reason for getting this phone and I am happy that I did.  The keyboard is fantastic.  It has a nice feel and you get great feedback when a key is pressed.  The phone sits very nicely in my hands with the keyboard extended and it is much more comfortable to type a lengthy email than it was on my Q or Palm.
Touchscreen - Much better than I was expecting.  In profile mode I have no problems using the small(tiny) touch screen qwerty.  There have actually been very few times the touchscreen got it wrong, even when I kept thinking that my big fat fingers could never hit just that one little spot.  Very pleased.
Opera...

• TouchFlo
  • E-mail set up and use
  • Touch screen

Cons

• Battery SUCKS
  • Not a phone for the techno handicapped
  • Need to push power button when sleeping, just seems wrong.

HomeExchanger
posted on 03 Dec 2008, 11:34

Had ATT Touch Pro now Have Verizon Touch Pro. Fuze vs Verizo

For a month I had the ATT Fuze. Then my work got a discount w/Verizon and I switched to the Verizon equivalent, the Touch Pro.  The Fuze is a solid, well-built phone. The Verizon Touch pro feels cheap by comparison and is longer, with square corners. The case I bought for the ATT phone doesnt work w/the Verizon phone.
You need to turn on TouchFlo or the Verizon phone has the limited Win today screen. Verizon Navigator GPS can be downloaded and there is a 1-month free trial but the system works poorly compared to the ATT GPS.
TouchFlo works a lot better on the Verizon phone.  I can easily zoom in/out and navigate around web pages on the Verizon phone. Never worked w/the same controls on the ATT phone.  Verizon reception is 100% better in the NY city and upstate area.  There is no comparison. Emails and web pages load quicker too.
VERDICT: I buy a mobile phone to use it. Can't use ATT many places so the fact that the phone is nicer and plan is cheaper is no plus.

Pros

• Comparison: Att phone is much nicer. Rollover minutes are great. Phone and plan comes w/more included. Phone can be used world-wide.
  • Verizon has a better domestic network and the phone works better.

Cons

• Verizon phone is cheap-feeling, longer and uglier. Verizon phone is for use in North America only.
  • ATT network stinks in Northeast. Phone does not function as well as Verizon phone.

posted on 02 Dec 2008, 02:52

30 DOLLAR MANDITORY DATA.  BUT WAIT, LETS TAKE OUT GPS AND MAKE THEM PAY 10 BUCKS A MONTH FOR VZ NAVIGATOR.  SURELY THE CUSTOMERS WONT CARE.  FOR GOOD MEASURE LETS STRIP A LITTLE RAM TOO.  AH THEY DONT NEED THE NORMALLY INCLUDED HEADPHONES OR PROTECTIVE CASE EITHER.  WELL IVE GOT A GREAT IDEA, LETS CHARGE THE SAME FOR THE PHONE AS THE OTHER CARRIERS DO AND WE CAN POCKET SOME EXTRA MONEY.  AFTER ALL WE DONT CHARGE ENOUGH FOR THEIR MONTHLY SERVICE AND DATA PLAN.  POOR US.  THE CUSTOMER ALWAYS TAKES ADVANTAGE OF THE ALMIGHTY RED CHECK MARK.

Pros

• ANYTHING BUT VERIZON TOUCH PROS

Cons

• VERIZON

Med Student
posted on 01 Dec 2008, 22:05

Amazing phone in a compact package

First of all, let me say I was going to purchase the OMNIA instead of this, but was turned off by the lack of QWERTY keyboard besides the touchscreen one. I was reluctant to purchase the touch pro instead. Now that I have this one, I have been nothing but impressed by the bright and crisp display, easy and responsive touchscreen, and wonderful opera browser. I can't wait to see how well other programs work on this thing. Only drawbacks have been lack of city choices for weather display, and having to touch the power button to reactivate the phone when it goes into sleep mode, but then again this is probably to keep it from staying on while in your pocket. Phone quality is excellent, and audio from music is fantastic. I havn't tried the video yet but pictures are better than my last camera phone, and I love the versatility it has as as a touchscreen combined with the qwerty slide out keyboard. Battery life is supposed to be a problem with this phone but so far it's been great, I don't use it every second of the day, though.
Amazing performance all in a nice easy to fit in your pocket package.

Pros

• Display is clear and bright
  • Great phone quality
  • Compact size easily fits in your pocket
  • Touchscreen (TouchFLO 3D) is amazing
  • Slide out QWERTY adds perfect functionality
  • Unlimited possibilities in terms of programs and functionality

Cons

• Display could have been bigger
  • Wish Verizon had left on the GPS

posted on 01 Dec 2008, 12:45

I'm not an advanced user, but I got the Touch Pro because it looked like it would have everything I wanted and eliminate the things I hated about my Blackberry Pearl (typing, trackball, crappy browser).  I tried the Storm, and couldn't stand typing on it - I really wanted a full real QWERTY keyboard, and this one is great.  I have NO problems typing on it, it's accurate, has a good feel, and isn't flimsy or "cheap" feeling at all.  The phone responds well in changing its orientation - slight lag, but nothing that would stop me from using it.
It came with the Touch Flo turned off, and it took me a couple of days til I finally opened the pdf manual and learned how to turn it on.  I'm not an advanced tech user, so this phone and the windows OS have a definite learning curve for me, but so far I like it.  Reading the manual has helped a lot too - many of the things I couldn't figure out on my own, or shortcuts and tips, have made me like the phone a lot better.  I haven't decided if I'm going to keep touch flo or go back to the windows shell...
I also have not yet figured out youtube / video streaming (I'll probably end up calling verizon tech because I get an error if I try to watch a video), but the browser is very quick using either Opera or just plain IE.  Compared to the Pearl, it's night and day, 100% better.
The touch screen works well with or without the stylus, and for someone who's never had a touchscreen phone before, I'm...

Pros

• QWERTY keyboard
  • Good web browser
  • Good sound quality

Cons

• Takes some learning / getting used to, for a non-techie user
  • Battery life isn't great, but that's no big surprise

ronald macdonald
posted on 30 Nov 2008, 15:14

im so glade i was able to return it!!!!!

had it for 3 days and took it back,what an over priced pile of junk,key board felt like it was going to fall off and everthing keep freezing up, ordered the omnia today from the reviews it looks awsome

Pros

Cons

• the whole phone

christopher.beatty@comcast.net
posted on 28 Nov 2008, 14:17

Nice Upgrade to the Mogul

Wow!  Everyone is "dogging" this phone so much it's hard to find a decent review.  I've been trying to compare it to the Omnia and all I can find are folks with the Omnia that love theirs and folks with the HTC TouchPro (TP) that are angry with Verizon.
I guess I'll offer my opinion (now that I've read nearly everyone elses).  I think it's a step above the Mogul and the Vogue.  I concede the point that it's "not as far as Verizon could have gone,..." but it's still a great device in its own right.
Call quality and reception seem to be on par with the Mogul (6800),... which is better than the Vogue (6900).  I bought the vogue and can rarely use it - due to the number of dropped calls I receive in my home.  TP has had a few - but no more than the Mogul ever gave me.  Out and about town - never a problem with dropped calls,... it's always at home and in the "inner rooms." Oh, there is an anomaly that is bothersome.  It appears there's a glitch with incoming calls, yeah, seriously,... So if you get the Advanced Configuration Tool (recommended below) you will find it possible to turn the "phone skin" off.  If you do this, it will ring on the second ring,... otherwise,... it will already have been ringing 3 - 4 times before you hear it on your end,... (yeah this is more than just Slot Cycle,... so don't hit me up on that - I know my phones) ;)
Sound is good and the screen is absolutely awesome!! I'm not big on the math of memory - so I don't...

• VGA Resolution - Screen is Beautiful
  • Automatically dims/brightens - Sensor for outdoor lighting is nice
  • TouchFlo3D Interface (is customizable if you're up to it)
  • Solid Device
  • Lots of developers / Support Community
  • Standard Cables / Adapters
  • Voice Dialing (hold the send key)

Cons

• Less ROM than the competitors (although - it is configured diff 64MB to graphics)
  • Not for the technically challenged
  • Lots of tweaks to be performed to make it smmmmooooooth

unhappy Verizon customer!
posted on 28 Nov 2008, 12:17

I HATE Verizon

I absolutely hate Verizon for what they do with every phone they get their hands on. I have had many different phones from Verizon and they mess up each and every one of them by taking out the features people wanted the most. I just called Verizon and one of their puppets just pretty much cursed me out for asking if I could buy the HTC phone from Alltel or Sprint and get it put onto the Verizon network. She got so mad at me and told me that it isnt Verizon's fault that a lot of the good is taken out of the HTC Touch Pro, and that it is actually HTC's fault. I replied and asked her, "If that is true then why is the Sprint, ATT, and Alltel version of the same exact phone, BETTER, and with more applications, than Verizon's?" Needless to say, she could not reply.

Pros

• Verizon trains their puppets well

Cons

• Verizon sucks!
  • They are buying out everyone so their is no hope!
  • The phones they have are horrible!
  • Unfortunately, this version of the HTC phone has been STRIPPED of everything good!
  • Sharp edges!
  • Overall just horrible, ONLY the Verizon version!

Diver
posted on 28 Nov 2008, 00:48 (Posts: 0; Member since: 28 Nov 2008)

Verizon screws up again

I had high hopes for this phone. It appeared to have everything I wanted. I ordered one as soon as it was released and just finished spending a day with it.
I was disappointed and it's going back tomorrow. Verizon is driving customers away by crippling their phone and charging too much for that privilege
The GPS is missing. I have to pay an extra $10/mo for VZ Navigator. NOT! I have an 'unlimited' data plan... why do I have to pay more?? I specifically asked about the GPS when I ordered the phone and was told it was there and would work with Google Maps, etc. Not true, it turns out.
The FM radio is missing. No big loss. Voice commands seem to be missing, or at least I can't find them.
The accellerometer is flakey. It sometimes turns to landscape mode if I shake the phone a bit, other times it doesn't bother.
Opera often renders pages in microtype that is unreadable, and the zoom doesn't always work. IE works much better, for what it's worth.
WiFi works... mostly. Sometimes it just refuses to recognize my access point at all, and only a reset button soft restart will get it back. Wireless data wants to take over, even when wifi is available, unless I turn off EVDO, and then it complains that it can't call for data!
On the plus side, the Bluetooth works pretty well with my computer for syncing.
The 2.8" screen is beautiful, but tiny. Why can't someone make a pda/phone that has a screen that's large enough to read a browser without a magnifying glass? Web pages do look...

Pros

• Beautiful screen - Websites look wonderful
  • Touchflo makes things easy to use

Cons

• No GPS
  • No voice commands
  • Flakey wifi and accellerometer
  • Opera browser not quite ready for prime time
  • Too expensive

William Swanson
posted on 26 Nov 2008, 23:23

Verizon's manages to do it to phone after phone!!!!

I am not a person who usually likes to complain, but I have to let other people know what Verizon does.  I have been waiting for this phone ever since I first saw it way back in May of this year.  Of course I knew I was already at a disadvantage having Verizon as my service provider.  Don't get me wrong, Verizon has excellent customer service and good coverage but their phones are the worst.  I saw the phone specs on the diamond and the touch pro with At&t and Sprint.  Everything looked pretty good but I had this feeling Verizon would do everything in their power to screw a good phone up, and of course they did!  If you check the cons listed below you can see what the other carriers will give you and what Verizon will take away from you.  I am trying to write a review on the phone and not the provider but it so happens that the provider is the one at fault for messing up what otherwise could have been a great phone!  I am to the point where I am more than likely going to switch to At&t or Sprint.

Pros

• HTC builds a good product with tons of features just as long as Verizon doesn't get their hands on it.
  • Resolution
  • Touch Flo
  • Good size for a full keyboard phone

Cons

• NO GPS!!!!!
  • NO RADIO!!!!!
  • NO HEADPHONES!!!!
  • NO YOUTUBE PLAYER!!!!
  • NO SLEEVE!!!!!
  • LESS RAM (192MB)!!!!

posted on 26 Nov 2008, 14:39

i just got this phone the day it came out.  it sucks! i need a phone that is durable, and i dropped it and it litery split the screen. although the QWERTY keyboard is big the feedback is not so good i found that i had to press hard to get them to work. other than that it's a great phone!

Pros

• big keyboard
  • large screen
  • Wi-Fi

Cons

• size
  • durability

PDA
posted on 26 Nov 2008, 11:07

Touch proyyeessssss

To all no worries it does have the touch flo option you just have to activate it the screen shots on verizons website do it no just once you activate the touch flo option it changes the whole look and feel of the phone all together
i love this phone just got....i had a treowx before but this phone is top of the line combined with verizon service its a win win ....
to activate touch flo go to settings
then today screen option 'then items
then click touch flooption and let the games begin
Thank you htc this device was soooooo needed

Pros

• touch flo
  • keyboard

Cons

• alot to learn so many options ...well this might be a pro
  • price is a little high ...but worth it