HTC Touch Diamond User Reviews

natalie
posted on 01 Aug 2011, 03:04 (Posts: 1; Member since: 01 Aug 2011)

htc touch diamond

natalie has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

i had this phone for 3 yrs and loved it. when it first came out it was $900!!! i had the money and really wanted it, so i got it. then about 5 days later i dropped it in a lake while fishing. i jumped in a found it. i took the whole thing apart and let it dry for 3weks. it was fine there was nothing wrong with it at all. this is the first phone i have ever paid that much for and it was the longest ive ever owned a phone and it was my favorate. it did everything i needed. the only complaint is that it could b slow at times. but then a kid stole it along with my money and he did the same to my bestfriend and stole her iphone, and money that was hidden in her bra, while she was sleeping he took it and she put it there to hide it from him. i hope the kid who took it will get what he has diserves! and i hope we get out items back but i would love to buy another htc just cant afford it right now:(

Pros

Cons

• i wish it would fo just maybe 3 secs faster it gets annoying to wait

PAL
posted on 28 Feb 2010, 13:13

HTC

I had the HTC diamond for more than a month and until now i am loving it MORE as i am having everything done just by sliding my finger on the screen ... moreover it is 3D touch flo which gives you a better feeling while using the phone...

BUT the most important problem i faced with this phone was its lagging while sailing through the phone which made me upset.... but when i UPDATED the ROM from version 1.53 which comes with the phone to 2.03 it was a totally new phone with NO lag at all ...

in conclusion ... if you are buying a slim nice windows mobile phone with the best performance ... buy the HTC touch diamond and feel unique ....

Pros

Cons

• nuthin

MAN
posted on 28 Feb 2010, 13:08

Htc

In all honesty, I've had some really good phones in my life so when I say this is probably the best phone I've had so far, it says something. I'm not like some Apple converts who are brainwashed to love an iPhone despite it's flaws, but I can honestly say that although the HTC Touch Diamond has it's flaws, I do like the phone overall.

It's basically a small computer with a phone function. I can open Word, Excel, PDF Files from my emails and store them on the internal 4GBs

What I do with the phone:

2) Check / Receive / Respond to emails
3) Send / Check / Receive / Respond to SMS
4) MSN (pre-installed) & Skype
5) Screen & Take Phone calls
6) Play music
7) Play the lame games

8) Oh yeah, organize & plan my weeks on the calendar
9) Check the time

Here are things I rarely use but use from time to time:

1) FM Radio
2) Calculator
3) Camera (not great, but who relies on a camera phone for great pics?)
4) Check the weather (or I could just look out the window)
5) Remote Desktop to my home / work computer

This phone is a good blend of business & pleasure. It looks sharp, but is a fingerprint magnet. There are minor things that used to piss me off until I found out that these things happen to all smartphones (which isn't all that smart if u ask me)

1) Irregular crashing
2) Insufficient battery life when you run a lot of applications...

Pros

Cons

• nothing at all

the Guy
posted on 28 Feb 2010, 13:03

THE Best

what should i tell ya..........this is unique and best phone ever..............iKey features2.8" 65K-color VGA displayTouchFLO 3D Home screen and gesture controls4 GB of internal storageWi-FiQualcomm MSM7201A 528 Mhz CPU and 192 MB DDR SDRAMDedicated graphics chip (64MB RAM reserved for graphics)HSDPA 7.2MbpsBuilt-in GPS receiverStandout designCompact and lightweightStereo FM radio with RDS3.15 MP auto focus cameraActive magnetic stylusTouch-sensitive scroll wheelMS Office Mobile document editorOpera 9.5 web browserStandard miniUSB slot and Bluetooth v2.0 with A2DPComes with the amusing Teeter gameYouTube clientExcellent video playback performanceIT HAS NO DISADVANTAGES

Pros

Cons

• nothing

zalbz
posted on 26 Feb 2010, 12:30

HTC = Hard to compete (with)

In all honesty, I've had some really good phones in my life so when I say this is probably the best phone I've had so far, it says something.  I'm not like some Apple converts who are brainwashed to love an iPhone despite it's flaws, but I can honestly say that although the HTC Touch Diamond has it's flaws,  I do like the phone overall.  It's basically a small computer with a phone function.  I can open Word, Excel, PDF Files from my emails and store them on the internal 4GBsWhat I do with the phone:1) Browse the Internet: Youtube (pre-installed application) / Google / Maps/ Social Media etc./ Read RSS feeds2) Check / Receive / Respond to emails3) Send / Check / Receive / Respond to SMS4) MSN (pre-installed) & Skype5) Screen & Take Phone calls6) Play music7) Play the lame games8) Oh yeah, organize & plan my weeks on the calendar 9) Check the timeHere are things I rarely use but use from time to time:1) FM Radio2) Calculator3) Camera (not great, but who relies on a camera phone for great pics?)4) Check the weather (or I could just look out the window)5) Remote Desktop to my home / work computerThis phone is a good blend of business & pleasure.  It looks sharp, but is a fingerprint magnet.  There are minor things that used to piss me off until I found out that these things happen to all smartphones (which isn't all that smart if u ask me)1) Irregular crashing2) Insufficient battery life when you run a lot of applications...

Pros

• ALOT - it's like a computer with a phone function
  • - looks
  • - size
  • - display
  • - touch screen
  • - "Touch Flow" Interface
  • - Read my review
  • HTC should pay me for this review.

Cons

• - Battery Life when you use many applications
  • - Infrequent Crashes
  • - Fingerprint Magnet

Qais Ali
posted on 02 Oct 2009, 16:56

HTC touch diamond is the best...

I had the HTC diamond for more than a month and until now i am loving it   MORE as i am having everything done just by sliding my finger on the screen ... moreover it is 3D touch flo which gives you a better feeling while using the phone...BUT the most important problem i faced with this phone was its lagging while sailing through the phone which made me upset.... but when i UPDATED the ROM from version 1.53 which comes with the phone to 2.03 it was a totally new phone with NO lag at all ... one of the reasons i picked this phone not the iphone is that i am medical student and i need some 3rd party programs that works only on the windows mobile ... and i don't want to hold a large phone with me to the hospital ... so the diamond was my choice ...  in conclusion ... if you are buying a slim nice windows mobile phone with the best performance ... buy the HTC touch diamond and feel unique ....

posted on 02 Aug 2009, 13:17

I got my Diamond in January and I have loved it. It has a pretty good camera, wonderful web browser in Opera, and Good youtube app. I really like this phone because it runs on windows which means you can put just about anything on here. I would reccomend this phone to anyone. The one tip I do have is when you get one download skyfire so you can watch videos online.

Pros

• Weather App
  • Touch Flo 3D
  • Internal Memory
  • Web Browser
  • customizable
  • Teeter

Cons

• No Expandable Memory
  • No Flash on camera

Kyle Sattler
posted on 10 Jul 2009, 20:11

htc touch diamond

the worst phone i have ever had.  i would prefer my old samsung hue over the diamond. it freezes 5 times a day on average, it is slow (like an old computer with low memory), and the stylus is almost necessary because the screen is so small.
on top of that, when i go into the alltel store to get it looked at, they say its broken, make me pay $100 for a new one, and the process starts over again.
i do not recommend this phone to anyone

posted on 27 Jun 2009, 15:47

htc touch dimond

this phone sucks... the speaking sucks...theirs no games for it that i can find....its slow.....it freezes on its own sometimes....the battery doesnt last long at all...,,my buddy at works got an i phone n i wish i had the thing...its so much better its sad.............  and worst of all it runs on windows..so u know how many issuses thats got.

posted on 24 Jun 2009, 16:49

touch diamond

phone feels great! small and compact but easy to lose and hard to use. :(

Pros

• touch flo 3d
  • features
  • flat screen
  • navigation pad
  • size
  • internal memory
  • cost

Cons

• screen too small
  • no headphone jack
  • no external memory
  • only 4gb (should be 8gb)

Brian
posted on 10 Mar 2009, 00:06

This phone is my first smartphone although I had a chance to play with Iphone a lot since my brother has it.
To be honest, I'm more dissapointed than I am satisfied.
The worst thing about this phone is the battery I think. Without changing any settings, the battery lasted less than 10 hours which dissapointed me so much.
Another thing is the speaker. The speaker is quite crappy, the sound quality is bad and the volume is low too.
Lastly, you should be aware that this phone does not have an external hard drive and at the sametime, the internal hard drive is only 4GB.
If you are thinking of buying this phone, I suggest you get an iphone. I bought this phone over iphone because of the interface, size, the camera and that so many people have iphones but I think it still doesn't beat the iphone in terms of features, large screen, and etc.
P.S. if you guy know any websites where I can download bunch of mods, features, games, and etc please post it up :)

Pros

• -the auto focus camera (I like the quality of it) but no flash
  • -screen resolution
  • -interface
  • -design of the phone
  • -mp3 player (the sound quality is good)

Cons

• -battery life
  • -more languages (there is only english in mine)
  • -screen size (not so small but when compared to Iphone, it is smaller)
  • -touchflo response (I think iphone's touch response is faster)
  • -games (I don't know where to download games free like iphone)
  • -battery case (attracts finger prints much)
  • -no external storage and internal storage is only 4GB
  • -the buttons are kind of hard to press when holding with one hand
  • -no 3.5mm headphone jack
  • -no recording conversation system

Happy HTC diamond User
posted on 29 Sep 2008, 00:15

Diamond Review

got my phone last month and i can say, this is the best PDA for me in my life... wouldnt want to think of selling off or getting a new one... for me is the features in the phone that plays the major fact.
for me.. a built in 4GB memory is way cool for me.. i've stored almost my entire my document folder from my pc into this phone via activesync...
this phone come without a GPS software but you can get some software such like garmin or mapking2007... im using the mapking and it works great with the gps of this phone...
for sound, i totally agree with the 1st person who review this phone. this phone's sound quality is really low. so dont expect too much from this phone. but you may also tweak abit with 3rd party software.
for the touchflo3D... this is the main reason why i choose this phone... because this GUI is way too cool for me... everything can be used with my finger... typing scrolling zooming almost everything... i love this features so much, but alot user complain of the slowness of this... but it was solved with some tweak too... =)
so far the only (-) things for this phone is that it doesnt support any chinese language at all... but thanks to the HTC SEA... they finally compile a chinese input support for this phone... Thumb up for HTC SEA!! XD... well if you get this phone originally, they also included a original chinese input support software for you, but is a bundle version... but i wouldnt want to waste a single sotrage space for this software when i can get a chinese...

Pros

• touchflo3D is cool
  • 3.2mp pixel
  • 4GB internal storage
  • GPS ready

Cons

• no chinese input support
  • sound quality

Pavel Petrov
posted on 29 Jun 2008, 18:07

HTC touch diamond - for all your needs

I bought the phone and spent the first few days exploring it.Now, a week later i am not dissapointed from it.
Here goes my opinion :
It has everything that a PDA phone should have.
Menus - Very easy to use.At the beginning they look a bit complicated, but after you work for a while, they become very easy.
Software - The new windows mobile 6.1 works great, the only thing i coudn't run was Skype, but i guess they will make a new version that will work.Also Microsoft Office works good.E-Mail client works good aswell.
GPS - ok here is the big (-) of this phone, it comes without a GPS software so you have to buy one and install it.After this, GPS works fine too.
Wi-Fi - I tested it with a lot of networks, and it worked perfect with all but one (laptop finds it/phone doesn't) but i am not shure the problem is in the phone.
Camera - I personally like the camera, but i never expect too much from a mobile phone camera.
Web browsing - the integrated Opera browser works a way better than Internet Explororer.I use it to browse the web a lot, and so far it works without any problem.
Sound - if you expect this phone to be a Hi-Fi stereo... it's not.The sound isn't very loud....so you probably won't hear it ringing if the phone isn't in the same room.
Touch screen - never had problems with it, actually if your fingers aren't very big you won't need to use the pen much.
Battery - When you use the GPS / Wi-Fi it goes down a way faster than Stand by/talk mode.But i can't say it's a...

Buy This Phone