HTC Tilt 2 User Reviews

Multimedia5.6/10

Eya
posted on 08 Jul 2011, 21:49

WORST PHONE I'VE EVER HAD

Eya has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

I've had this phone for a over a year now . and I must say , this is yet the worst phone I've ever had . When I first got it , it was actually working very good . But after a week or so , it started freezin and I ALWAYS have to take out the battery and turn it back on all over again . This phone is also HUGE and very fat >.< It can barely fit in my jeans pockets . I just cant wait till next year for me to get the new Samsung Infuse . I hate how I have to deal with this phone for another year !

Jeff
posted on 05 Dec 2010, 14:16

Horrible Phone - Freezes / Slow

Jeff has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

Had this phone for over a year. Its very pretty on the outside, horrible on the inside. Call quality is fine, service is fine, but it is HORRIBLY SLOW AND FREEZES ALL THE TIME. I've never EVER seen a phone FREEZE as often as this one does or go as SLOW as this one does. I have to literally take out the battery and put in back in approximately 4 - 5 times a day. It will even freeze after I boot it up! HORRIBLE PHONE! DO NOT SPEND YOUR MONEY ON THIS PHONE. I work as a contractor for AT&T and am very very upset they would even offer garbage like this do their customers.

Pros

• Very pretty, nice touch screen

Cons

• FREEZES
  • SLOW
  • UNRELIABLE

Doc_Jon
posted on 30 Nov 2010, 18:53

HTC TIlt 2 is a horrible phone

Doc_Jon has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I have had my HTC TIlt 2 for about a year and i must say its the worst phone i have ever had...it literally deleted everything stored in its memory one time and this was a catastrophic loss of information...the phone freezes frequently, there are a limited number of apps available, hard restarts are frequently necessary to get it working, file saving seems to have a mind of its own, sometimes the keyboard will work and sometimes must use the stylus, sometimes the keyboard backlight turns on and sometimes not...i have spent time and effort to correct all the problems but ths phone is just a piece of junk...keyboard is large, but phone is horribly slow...i will never have another HTC phone again and i am personally offended that AT&T would offer such a piece of junk to its customers...i will be leaving AT&T as soon as my contract is up, if not sooner just to find a better carrier and get a better phone...DO NOT GO WITH AN HTC PRODUCT or AT&T

Pros

• looks good and when it works its a great phone

Cons

• freezes all the time, internat is unbelievably slow even with 3G, phone responds slowly, must be restarted to get it to function sometimes

magudude
posted on 28 Nov 2010, 12:10

Great functions, horrible functionality

magudude has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I got the Tilt 2 because of the features it had. I wanted to try a touch screen, but I have to have a physical keyboard because I text a lot. I was going from a Blackberry Curve 8720. The Curve locked up more than I would like, and that's the main reason I decided to switch phones. Well, let's just say the Blackberry kicks the Tilt 2's butt when it comes to stability. The Tilt 2 has the most functionality of any phone that I've ever owned, but it just doesn't perform well at all. At first little things were messing up, like it would stop going into landscape mode but only on the touchflo 3d screen. Skipping some of the problems for space reason, after having the phone a little over 4 months, the phone wouldn't accept my password when going out of sleep mode (causing me to have to do a hard reset and lose all of my information on the phone) I had had enough, so ATT sent me a new phone. Well it's probably refurbished, but as good as new anyway.
I've had the new phone now for a little over a week, and this one exhibits some of the same problems (using the new Tilt 2 OS that recently came out), with the addition a new problem: now it occasionally sends texts to the wrong person, NOT GOOD! I was told taking the battery out without the phone being off causes problems so I haven't done it with this phone...I still have to reboot at least 3 times a day, usually I have to hit the reset button.

Pros

• Nice keyboard, when it works properly
  • vibrant screen
  • great feature set, if only they would work properly

Cons

• unstable
  • slow
  • did I mention unstable?

Travis
posted on 25 Oct 2010, 23:29

Student

Travis has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I was sent this phone after my Epix died. I had to have a full keyboard because I can easily use 10000 text messages in a month. I was excited until: Within a week, it began freezing. The freezing primarily happened during texting, although habitual slowage happened all the time. Hard resets and complete re-image is the only thing that would help and it would work only temporarily. The only part that was reliable was the slider, and that was because the wimpy electronics couldn't hinder its ability to slide. Although the slide mechanism loosened up slightly, it always felt solid and well constructed. They did get one thing right. So after all of those problems, AT&T decided they would replace the phone. Even though all of the troubleshooting was done, they still made me call on a different phone. The second phone had problems as well. Not only did it like to freeze, it will tell me a text message is sent, but if it is over 160 characters the recipient will not receive it. AND the battery will not last all day. If you get this phone get a car charger for emergencies. When the battery says it's about to die, you are hosed without an immediate alternate power source. One last thing. Turn up your hearing aids. Unless you are on speaker phone, the call is hard to hear even with the volume turned all the way up. If I were HTC, I would have spent a lot less on the software and a lot more on hardware.

Build quality 8/10 Durable slide mechanism.
Reception 6/10 Bad reception inside buildings.
Call quality 3/10 Whomever is calling you sounds like they are in the Marianas trench.
Internet 8/10 Touchscreen works great, even has a neat zoom function and displays webpages clearly.
Camera 2/10 Will not focus for anything.
UI speed 1/10 Freezes and goes HORRIBLY slow.
Everyday usage 2/10 Spent more time resetting than using.
Text input 3/10 Good keyboard when the OS isn't messing up.
Display 8/10 Clear display, large screen.

Pros

• Umm...

Cons

• Operating System
  • Camera nothing to write home about
  • "Can you hear me now?"

Travis alternatives:

RayJ
posted on 13 Jun 2010, 04:08

Beautiful on the Outside needs some work on the Inside

Id like to start off by saying I owned the previous incarnation the Touch Pro for a lil over a year. As my first full smart phone it was a bit clunky but worked pretty well until after a lil over a year it would start just randomly loosing the complete operating system and require a full image re-install. This was the reason I got the new Tilt 2.

So in comparison to the Touch Pro though its somewhat larger it doesn't feel that way due to the very very sleek design. I think this think looks amazing and makes me really wish it was like a computer and could just take the guts out and replace them with what i want. The screen is bright and vibrant and everyone I show it to is really impressed.

Usage wise its a powerful platform that has alot of immediate versatility you may not find on some other phones.

Ok so the first thing that happened when I turned this on i had several crashes :/
 After this initial problem everything went really well for about 3 or so months now and its since started freezing very bad on me. The phone can be freshly booted up and Ill attempt to go to my txt msgs with no other programs running and it just freezes, sometimes require a reset. Also even after charging overnight while turned off as soon as i turn it on it starts out at 2/3 - 1/2 battery power though it still seems to easily last all day.

Unfortunately it does this almost daily now. And even more unfortunately I signed a two year contract on top of an early renewal...

Pros

• Windows Mobile 6.5 versatile fairly open platform for those interested in tinkering with it (XDA forums)
  • Very nice, fairly sized vivid screen
  • Very sleek design

Cons

• No real internal hardware upgrade from Touch Pro 1
  • Need to get rid of push to talk buttons that are constantly getting hit
  • Seems to slow down and get buggy/freeze after owning for a short while

super_stevie
posted on 06 Jun 2010, 15:57 (Posts: 1; Member since: 06 Jun 2010)

Amazing

I had the Samsung Flight which kept giving me nothing but problems, even when they sent me a replacement. I finally got fed up and asked for another phone, which they sent me HTC Tilt 2. OMG! I'm totally in love with this phone. So far so good. Given it is a smart phone andthe samsung wasn't but this is an amazing phone. Love the design of the phone! Browser is amazing. Enjoy the apps on the phone and from the market place. love that you can put mulitipul favorite contacts for easy to reach and quick to call. Didn't think i was gonna like the Tilting part but it works wonderful.I was upset i couldn't get on youtube, UNTIL!!! i found it in the windows directory. Don't kno how to make a shortcut to it yet, but never the less it has the youtube app. The only problem i've had so far is i keep getting a Manila.exe Error, which happens everytime i start the phone. i have to call At&t and ask about this issue. but other then that this phone kicks ass.(this isn't my first smartphone, had a Pantech Duo and hated it! horrible phone. This HTC Tilt 2 Rocks!)

Pros

• great design, good apps, great browser, quick and responsive touch screen

Cons

• Manila error, battery dies quick

adrian
posted on 05 Jun 2010, 09:37

HTC is a bad phone

i had an iPhone and decided to upgrade and try a new phone WORST mistake. i decided to get the htc tilt 2 and i belive it is the worst phone on at&t it freezes so much i have had it for about a month and it freezes on me about 3 times a day. overall the phone is really really bad i don't recommend buying it trust me keep your old phone or buy an iPhone they are the same price!

Pros

• speaker, design

Cons

• freezes, organization and the phone its self

dominique bowie
posted on 07 May 2010, 12:00

loving my htc tilt 2

this is on of the best Smartphone ATT have came out with, I started with the first tilt and now I have the 2nd one. people talk about hoe the phone freezes all the time, I dont have that problem so it sound like a user error to me. Now lets be for real now what phone dont freezes on you? My phone is very much reliable and I love my 3.2mp camera. I have had this phone since it first came out and I have not had to get the phone replaced not 1 time.  So for the people that is thinking of getting this phone that would be the best choose you will make.

carranzalbc
posted on 29 Apr 2010, 12:03

Tilt2 SUCKS

The worst Smartphone ever it freezes all the time, not reliable,bad camera, errors smiply these worst phone I've had. I had the tilt 1 and it didnt give me these many problems I think tilt2 maker should give everybody who bought phone there money back. I've gotten 3 refurbish tilts within a 5 months period until I descided to go with another phone. DOOO NOOT BUY!!!

Pros

• loud speaker that it..

Cons

• the phone itself

Francisco Z
posted on 02 Apr 2010, 15:15

Dont buy it!

First off to start....looks wise its an "ok" phone other than that its terrible i traded my iphone 3gs for the tilt 2 big mistake. Everytime i would send a text and tried to go back to my other unread txt messages it would freeze, everything i would do it would freeze, i tried doing a reset but that didnt work it would still frreze......in my opinion its a terrible phone and i wouldnt reccomend u buy, im just going back to my iphone.

C.Kaiser
posted on 20 Feb 2010, 01:43

its like a mini computer mp3 player gps does movies YEAH WOW

Honestly, this is the best phone that I have ever owned. when I got my first w.m. phone the lg incite I was expecting a mini computer well i got a pocket pc that didn't do anything well. so I exchange the Incite in twice with att and then they sent me the phone of my choice.  this phone has gps it works fast with gamin (google maps 4 is free, garmin xt you have to buy). 3.6 inch touch screen that is accurate,and fast.wifi works great. I Don't use 3g, so I couldn't tell ya. mufti-tasking good, I can surf the web and have my facebook app open, and send and receive text at the same time, no problem. the review before said his phone was freezing up.then he got another that did the same. well mine never even hiccuped from day one. but they do have hotfixes at:http://www.htc.com/us/support/tilt-2-att/downloads/  so that may be worth checking out. I got my tilt 2 at the end of January maybe they fixed the issues by then this is by far the best phone out in the U.S. I never like the idea of the i-phone seemed way to branded for me.I like something a little different.something I can customize to be MY-phone. GET THIS PHONE YOU WON'T BE DISAPPOINTED!!

Pros

• mp3-gps-web browsing-wifi-big touchscreen(480 x 800) plays video flawlessly its htc

Cons

• it comes with an adaptor for head phones no head phone jack

zaclolz
posted on 25 Jan 2010, 00:30

The Tilt 2: HTC's first succubus phone

ok i got this phone on christmas 2009 i had been going to att every week prior playing with the phone and just falling in love with it. the interface was amazing and what a beautiful screen and design. within the first day of having it i tried to make a call only to find the phone had locked up and frozen, i thought to myself "no big deal just a little kink in the new phone". later i try texting some of my friends the phone then locks up again and a soft reset is performed again. once rebooted i tried viewing the conversation me and my friends were having but the phone wouldnt display the conversation. by this time i was getting angry one lock up after another and another and another. 1 week after having the phone i get lost driving to a friends house i had full signal bars so i decide to call him, well of course the phone froze so i reset and try texting, froze again, then i try to use google maps to get to his house the phone starts routing to the destination then resets itself and cycles power twice. after that i was furious, i drove up to the att store and demanded the phone be exchanged to something else like an iphone. the phone itself wasnt the problem it was the os, but the manager didnt listen to me and told me the exchange was only valid for 30 days and i had only had the phone for 7 days but the phone was activated 30 days prior to that... so i was forced to go through htc to get a exchanged phone, the rule is after 3 changed tilt 2s u get a new one of your choice (except...

Pros

• the internal hardware is amazing
  • beautiful screen
  • loud speakers for external music listening and speaker calls
  • full keyboard

Cons

• what good is the hard ware if it doesnt work with the OPERATING SYSTEM (WINDOWS MOBILE *cough cough)
  • for some reason there is no 3.5 mm jack (standard head/ear phones jack) but dont worry a large bulky and unattractive adapter is included with the phone ;)
  • no LED flash on the camera.
  • PRICE i wanna say with the 2 year contract its near or right at 400? thats like 50 dollars more than a 8 gig iphone 3gs AND THE TILT 2 DOESNT EVEN HAVE 8 GIGS ON BOARD!!!

Phil
posted on 01 Dec 2009, 15:09

An awesome contender in the smartphone industry

Wow. Just wow. I am totally impressed by the HTC Tilt 2. To give you a little background about my experience, you need to know a few things. This phone was sent to me as a warranty exchange for my Samsung Epix. I'm quite surprised AT&T sent me a new (yes, brand new) Tilt 2 during the phone's first week in stores as a replacement for my Epix. I love AT&T service and have no intention of switching carriers, so I was quite pleased and impressed when they offered me this phone.Now, onto what makes the Tilt 2 great. This list is very long, so I'm going to abbreviate it for everyone who reads this. First and foremost, the display is huge and vibrant. The display has a light sensor above it and adjusts screen brightness automatically. The display can be read perfectly easily in direct sunlight.  This also helps conserve battery power when you're in low-light areas because the phone will only brighten the screen to a level that's easily readable in low-light conditions (not full brightness).Next, Windows Mobile 6.5 is a much-needed upgrade.  I was satisfied with the 6.1 update, but it seems that the 6.1 update is what messed up my Epix (this isn't confirmed of course, just my observation).  I love the new look (very Windows 7/Vista-y), it's very easy to navigate and I am in love with the new Internet Explorer.  I do web design professionally and am very much so an anti-IE designer.  However, the new IE in WM6.5 is delightful.  In fact, I think I prefer...

Pros

• Display, TouchFLO 3D, Windows Mobile 6.5, pre-installed applications, full keyboard, AT&T 3G data speeds

Cons

• Speed, overall weight

Cassidy
posted on 02 Nov 2009, 10:51

Great Phone But...

When I first saw this phone, I knew I had to own it. It was everything I was looking for in a cell phone. It has the keyboard which is awesome for texting, yet it still has the touch screen which is a must have these days. When I first opened the box and picked it up, I knew I was in love. The weight of the phone alone makes it feel like they held nothing back when constructing it. The overall design is immaculate. I was very impressed to say the least. The ease of use is where my only issues are. Some of the touch responses are not substantial. I find myself trying to scroll on certain screens and it does not respond or it selects something I was not trying to select. I also don't like how slick the back cover is because I can't slide the keyboard out sometimes because everything is slick on the phone. The operating system of Windows mobile 6.5 is awesome. I love the fact that this phone comes pre-loaded with it. Overall, I am satisfied. This is a great phone, however, it is still no IPhone which I also own.

Pros

• Functionality
  • Windows Mobile Media

Cons

• Speakers
  • Slippery Back Cover
  • Some Sketchy Touch Features

Buy This Phone