x PhoneArena is looking for new authors! To view all available positions, click here.
HTC ThunderBolt Discussions
  • Options
    Close

Thunderbolt's Lack Thereof...

nesska (unregistered) 08 Mar 2011, 01:04 posted on

Honestly, I'm over the wait. It's gone to the point that I'd rather just wait until its launched at Radio Shack/Costco where I can buy it at a lower cost. The anticipation and the feeling to make this an impulsive buy has come and gone. What's worst is that it's priced at $299.99 when the Inspire (AT&T) and the EVO (Sprint) are almost identical to the Thunderbolt at a fraction of the cost. This better be one hell of a phone for Verizon to keep delaying its release. Big Red tends to forget that the competition has already come and gone with a similar device...

As a former Verizon representative and a current AT&T representative, I know that a lot of people are going to hold out on this device when they can wait for the iPhone 5, which they will because 9 times out of 10 they'll go with an iPhone 4 than an actual 4G phone.

posted on 09 Mar 2011, 18:28

1. Lone Wolf (unregistered)

Ditto. I've been a v user for 14+ years. I'm over it!!
Sprint/ATT here I come!

posted on 09 Mar 2011, 20:14

2. hello (Posts: 25; Member since: 21 Jan 2011)

radio shack doesnt have vzw

posted on 21 Mar 2011, 21:55

3. Micah (unregistered)

I have been on Verizon network for over 10 years and about 6 months ago signed up with AT&T using a used iPhone 3G, because my new wife has been a long time AT&T customer.

In my experience in traveling in my railroad job, Verizon customers consistently had better signal than any other carrier. I got tired of not having any signal at all when my coworker next to me would have USABLE signal. That's the reason I switched to Verizon years ago. But recently, the experience my wife and I have had with AT&T dropping calls or having poor call quality has been so terrible that she is no longer a devoted AT&T user and is welcoming the change to Verizon.

So, what I am saying is that sure there may be a better phone RIGHT NOW with another carrier, such as AT&T, but you would do well to not cancel your Verizon plan without first giving AT&T a test run to see if their network will give you good service.

For my wife, she may try out one of the Verizon Droid phones to see if she likes it but if not satisfied with it will most likely pick up the iPhone 4 or 5 when it is released.

For me, I'm split in what phone I would like to give a shot first, the Thunderbolt or the Samsung Fascinate. I love the features of the Thunderbolt but dislike the shorter battery life and the larger heavy brick in my pocket, so a compromise could possibly be the Fascinate. I most likely will trade up to the iPhone 5 when it is released, regardless of what I purchase now. I wonder how many others out there will do the same??

Want to comment? Please login or register.

Buy This Phone

Latest stories