x We have placed cookies on your device to make your experience better. Find more info here.
x PhoneArena.com наема във Варна! Ако технологиите са в кръвта ти и имаш перфектен писмен английски,
ние ти даваме възможността да станеш част от екипа ни. - виж повече
HTC ThunderBolt Discussions
  • Options
    Close

Evo anyone?

jimmyjohn (unregistered) 21 Feb 2011, 13:11 posted on

This phone is identical to the Evo in spec. Only thing that might be different is if they went with the newer processor that they are using in the Shift. Sprint's WiMax is faster then Verizon's LTE so why bother.

posted on 21 Feb 2011, 17:15

1. jayme (Posts: 36; Member since: 10 Jan 2011)

have you used LTE? Probably not. Do you have Sprint? Probably do dont ya? Solved.

posted on 21 Feb 2011, 17:17

2. jayme (Posts: 36; Member since: 10 Jan 2011)

oh yeah, read the specs before you open your mouth. The onlty thing they have in common is manufacture. wise ass!

posted on 21 Feb 2011, 23:22

3. jimmyjohn (unregistered)

Specs are identical except for memory which is awesome for the thunderbolt, but with a smaller battery which is already a huge complaint with every smartphone with a higher processor. So sounds like thats a fail right there. So am I still a wise ass or are you just a verizon fan boy since you work for a verizon third party dealer? hmm...

posted on 22 Feb 2011, 13:36

4. JTL87 (Posts: 1; Member since: 22 Feb 2011)

How about you go on youtube and look up any of the 6 videos that benchmark the Thunderbolt against the Evo. Saying the Evo throws up on itself would be an understatement. The Thunderbolt performed a sufficient crush job on it in every category. Check yourself bro.

posted on 22 Feb 2011, 14:28

5. Ace87 (unregistered)

There is now way that you can say that Sprint's WiMax is Faster than LTE. Where do you even get that?? Have you not looked at any comparison's? There is a reason that Sprint has to be slightly cheaper than Verizon...... otherwise they would have No subscribers!! Sure if you want sub par service that works half as good Sprint will be a good choice for you lol...... but it doesn't come near to Verizon's Service Sorry.... you have nothing to back it up either!

posted on 22 Feb 2011, 18:27 1

6. TheWordPimp (unregistered)

My friend's 4G aircard has clocked as high as 18.94 mb/s & averages at 16.84 mb/s. I don't think WiMax comes anywhere near that, unless you're standing atop a cell tower.

posted on 27 Feb 2011, 18:29

7. DFA1 (unregistered)

Wow, the OP just got SERVED!

posted on 03 Mar 2011, 13:18

8. Down4thakrown (unregistered)

Thats retarded. The Thunderbolt has twice as much internal memory as the evo so it can hold way more apps also has better processor. And if Wimax was better than LTE sprint never would have anounced they are changing to LTE next year

posted on 06 Mar 2011, 12:37

9. quadster10 (Posts: 4; Member since: 06 Mar 2011)

Wow really? WiMAX being equivalent to LTE? not a chance... Thats actually funny.

posted on 12 Mar 2011, 15:23

10. Unregistered user (unregistered)

I have an htc evo and um yea its fantastic and the thunderbolt and the evo do look alot alike. So jus stfu

posted on 16 Mar 2011, 10:28

11. sigman (unregistered)

The thunderbolt DOUBLED the quadrant score of the Evo, has more memory, more storage space, an updated processor, a bigger screen, updated Sense, and runs on verizon's LTE instead of sprint's sh-tty WiMax. Yeah...they are clearly identical phones. Idiot

posted on 18 Mar 2011, 23:26

14. jeremy201 (Posts: 1; Member since: 18 Mar 2011)

The screens are actually the same size 4.3".

The thunderbolt on lte is clearly the better phone. If there are any cons they would be:

It doesn't have evos hdmi out to connect to your HD tv.

It has a smaller 1400 amh battery vs evos 1500 amh battery...(BIG con)

Because of the placement of the charging port, you can't charge the phone while the kickstand is out.

And Verizons monthly bill will be significantly higher.

posted on 19 Mar 2011, 10:29

16. destardi (Posts: 4; Member since: 24 Nov 2009)

It does have HDMI, but not a standard port.

It uses the newer standard "MLH", aka Mobile High-Definition Link enabled Micro USB.

The Thunderbolt has a bigger/wider kick stand, and you can use it in portrait mode; the Evo cannot.

The speaker is bigger/wider.

Despite Verizon's network, 3G loading is much much faster than the Evo's even if it's running on WiFi. Transitions are even smoother, and despite the Evo having a 100 mah advantage over the Thunderbolt, the Thunderbolt is almost identical in useage time.

The Thunderbolt is faster, more powerful, and has a different design than the Evo.

Is the Thunderbolt a completely different animal? No. Is it from the same species so to speak? Yep.

Is there an advantage to having the first 4G phone on Verizon's network?

AB-SO-FREAKIN-LUTELY. Sprint? Getting better, but can't touch Verizon's speed. So if the Thunderbolt is an 'evo' on Verizon, fine by me.

posted on 17 Mar 2011, 09:53

12. chuckchizzle (Posts: 8; Member since: 17 Mar 2011)

WHAT!!!??? WiMax is faster??? where did you get that? Sprint is going to use LTE very soon. The Thunderbolt is not the same spec wise ether..More memory,the processer is updated and so is HTC Sense. Not taking anything awey from you Jimmy but you must have read a bad article or something.....WiMax is faster....LMAO!!!

posted on 18 Mar 2011, 15:27

13. Anonymous. (unregistered)

Okay I have an EVO and love it, however the Thunderbolt wins hands down. They share the same manufature, both have 1Gz Snapdragon processers, although the Thunderbolt is a slightly newer(more effecient) version, both have an 8MP rear camea and 1.3MP front facing camera, both have a kickstand (the Thunderbolts is thicker to improve staqbility and to allow for vertical stance). Where they differ is the memory although both are expandable to 32GB and the RAM (EVO:512MB::Thunderbolt:768MB), the network (even though I have Sprint Verizons network is far superior in both speed for data services as well as simply coverage *Side Note* Verizon has forcasted all 3G towers to be converted to 4G towers withing the next two years. Also, Verizon's 4G LTE is much faster than Sprint's WiMax service wich is very spotty due penetration issues steming from the high frequency at wich WiMax operates.), and the HTC Sense UI (EVO:Sense2.1::Thunderbolt:Sense2.2), as far as the batteries go the EVO is 1500mAh cpared to the THunderbolt's 1400mAh which is not much of a difference (besides anyone who has these phones and uses them the way they should, should know that the 3500mAh extended battery is worth the price). In conclusion, they are both great phones and I am very happy with my EVO but, the Thunderbolt has dethroned the EVO as #1.

posted on 19 Mar 2011, 10:19

15. destardi (Posts: 4; Member since: 24 Nov 2009)

Sprint's wimax is faster than Verizon's LTE?

What are you smoking?

I've tried both, and Verizon wins hands down.

posted on 29 Mar 2011, 14:06

17. G2userluvit (unregistered)

I really have nothing to add to the long list of verizon... sprint bashing back and fourth but seriously the thunderbolt is a huge let down, it really is better than the evo, however for being almost a year later it def. isnt the phone I was hoping for, so really its an epic fail... hopefully verizon will get there heads out of there asses and stop trying to catch up to sprint and att and just take a giant leap foward and do something cutting edge with their phone line up... Just saying!

posted on 31 Mar 2011, 04:22

18. Dre (unregistered)

I agree with G2userluvit. Regardless of what carrier your on, the thunderbolt is a huge let down. The price is way to high. At most the price of the phone should be $199, typical price of a smart phone. I do understand that this is Verizon's first of many 4g phones. Lte is much better then Wimax without a doubt, but at the very least Verizon and HTC should have released the thunderbolt using android version 2.3. I believe if that would have happened the thunderbolt would have been worth the price it's listed at, and the phone would have truly separated itself from the EVO. I am a Verizon subscriber and I honestly hate Sprint. I work for neither company.

Want to comment? Please login or register.

Buy This Phone

Latest stories