HTC Snap CDMA User Reviews

spunks74
posted on 29 Sep 2009, 20:30 (Posts: 4; Member since: 06 Aug 2009)

Not too shabby

Text messaging on this phone was pretty good.  The keys are kinda of cramped and I found myself making a lot of typos but still way better than using a number pad. Threads the text messages into an IM style window.  Push email worked excellent using a live or hotmail account (both free). I didnt try an exchange or pop3 email service.    Web browsing is a mixed bag, mostly because I am used to my old touch diamond and my new touch pro2. IE6 is the one I found the least troublesome.  Skyfire works good for the sites you need to see in desktop mode or want to stream flash video off of. I did find that entering web addresses on miniopera didnt work too well (my perfered browser because its very fast). It used the keys with numbers like a dial pad and I had to enter addresses like a dialpad.  I had trouble with skyfire with the keyboard too. I couldnt use the function key, which is needed to hit the @ button so I couldnt type in email addresses.  Scrolling around on the screen with the d-pad wasnt that great either with any of the browsers, and selecting a link with the cursor was sometimes difficult. Basically, navigation is a pain, but you do get a full internet experience (at least, you get the same viewing experience as a touch pro2, only on a much smaller screen)     I stream my television cable service to my phone using the orb software...

Pros

• Can do much of what I do on a touch pro2
  • good battery life

Cons

• Keyboard drives me nuts sometimes
  • cheap plastic

Jennifer R.
posted on 14 Jul 2009, 18:58

HTC Snap Review

Okay, I got this phone today.  First had the Samsung Exclaim.  Nothing to exclaim about there, but that's another reivew.  Went into sprint and specified I need to text, email and surf the web... at a speed that won't put me to sleep.  Having had a Centro before I was leary of anything that wasn't a smartphone, but would have went the other way if she'd told me I'd be okay.  No such luck.
At first look the HTC looked too confusing for me, I wasn't used to Windows after having a Palm OS based phone for so long.  I've officially had the phone for seven hours, I've added all my email accounts and texted at least a couple dozen times on it.  I am officially IN LOVE.
I read the phonearena.com review, they said it felt cheap.  I say it feels like a blackberry with the comfort of windows.  Great call quality, great picture quality, nice ring tone options, I would like to see a phone jack, but oh well since it came with headphones/talk set, who can complain really?  The internet is nice and fast....and I live in a bad service area and have the best service I've had since living here with this phone.
Its all about what you want a phone to do.  Having had a centro for almost two years I suppose I was used to a cheap feel, this is slim and lightweight, and I might actually keep it longer than six months!!!
Totally recommend it!!!!

Pros

• Fast Internet
  • Great Camera
  • Great Sound Call Quality

Cons

• I don't really have any.