HTC Sensation XE User Reviews

Text input9.2/10
Everyday usage7.6/10
UI speed7.4/10

fahad345
posted on 23 Dec 2012, 05:32 (Posts: 0; Member since: 23 Dec 2012)

HTC Sensation .....a good phone

fahad345 has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

A good phone but battery is just good....wifi signal drop when u put ur hand on the back or on battery cover....but beats audio is very good and very good sound qualtiy.....Also, there are minor issues with the software

mohammed.r1996
posted on 01 Jun 2012, 09:00 (Posts: 1; Member since: 30 Dec 2011)

Good mobile colorful , fast . review after 4 months

mohammed.r1996 has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

Hello Guys , i used this device about 4 months with Gingerbread sense 3.0 and with ICS sense 3.6 . I found some bugs and some cons in this device , and many bugs fixed after update . already it is good device .

Call quality 8/10 Quite good
Internet 9/10 Great internet browser , very smooth
Multimedia 10/10 Great sound with Beats audio
Camera 9/10 Photos capture : High resolution 8MP , Auto focus , colorful , with many features and effects to make the picture Very close to the reality , Fast photo capture and save . Video recording : Great Full HD and Great sound recording , auto & manual focus while recording video .
UI speed 9/10 UI much better with Android 4.0.3 and HTC sense 3.6
Everyday usage 8/10 The battery life could be better
Text input 9/10 Very good touch Keyboard , But it lacks the 4 direction to make you move better between the letters when you typing . You can find directions in htc sensation xl keyboard .
Display 8/10 Colorful & Bright screen with QHD resolution
Battery 6/10 Better battery life with android 4.0.3 sense 3.6 . but still not very good .

Pros

• High resolution camera 8 MP
  • Very fast processor 1.5 GHZ Dual core
  • Great and powerful sound With beats audio
  • Big display 4.3 and QHD resolution with 256 ppi

Cons

• Battery life not very good
  • 768 Ram 560 available about 150MB of free space . this bad for browsing internet . internet explorer reach 110 MB music player about 25 MB.

mohammed.r1996 alternatives:

htainlintha
posted on 29 May 2012, 12:33 (Posts: 34; Member since: 20 Mar 2010)

Lovely,powerful beats,not perfect yet very pleasing to use

htainlintha has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

I have never thought of it changing but I did try and I really like it,I bought it one month ago and it is a powerful beast to me trust me,I know there are more powerful beasts on the way but it is still quite powerful,very pleased with its built body and gorilla glass. I love to listen to music with beats so it has become my very first android phone. After reading some user reviews,I found that there is no pre-loading software it has one or two but that depends on the carrier they use I think. It is fully capable of doing anything ice-cream can with sense 3.6 :). Better check it out. Overall it is a very good phone but will be looking forward to better phones with more beastly power quad-core power.
My phone is bought in May1sth 2012 from Starhub(carrier in Singapore). Got one update and running android version 4.0.3 with HTC sense 3.6 (for now). I am also really happy that I can use it anyhow connect by PC without using itunes cos for godsake,I really hate to use it whenever I connect my ip to PC.But still it is a great phone.Thanks for viewing.

Build quality 9/10 Gorilla glassy,aluminium unibody are rally powerful
Reception 9/10 Quite cool with it but experiences for other users may vary to their subscribed networks reliability.
Call quality 9/10 Lovely,I give it 9 may be because I used to be an ip4s user,this is my very first android phone and it is cool,my girl-friend always say this phone calling quality is superb and can hear more clearly than ip which she is using right now but she is considering one X or XL for her future phone.
Internet 9/10 14.4Mbs is quite cool for me,but now some other phones can do upto whopping speed of 21.1Mbs. But swift in handling flash contents. Tested of youtube full HD vids on my phone browser,amazingly it can handle it :). I have to admit it really has changed my way of seeing web browsing experiences back from my iphone.
Multimedia 10/10 Beats experiences beat other phones in multimedia section,super-amoled screen with 960x540 high-density pixel wide screen really great for viewing pictures,videos,youtube etc.
Camera 8/10 well not the best,the best camera phone is still in my hand it is Nokia N8 but for shooting full HD videos I use xe. Xe is very fast in taking pics but it can't auto focus,you need to manually focus it,I will play with settings of camera when I have time.Other than that it can take quite impressive pics.
UI speed 10/10 Very fast boot-up(tested) Very fast in applications start-up(tested) Very swift and smooth in changing multiple apps(tested)
Everyday usage 9/10 Thanks to its 1730mAh. No need to carry the portable charger with me all the time :) but heavy users may need.
Text input 9/10 Very swift and smooth,I'd say same with iphone and faster than my symbian(Belle) phone N8
Display 10/10 960x540 16M Super-amoled with gorilla glass display, which width is 4.3inches I have nothing much to ask for more.
Battery 9/10 Not the biggest but it's talktime and stand-by time are quite cool. 1730mAh can withstand tall after my rough usage for whole day.Nothing to complaint its durability.

Pros

• Bigger screen,high resolution,gorilla glass
  • 1.5GHz dual-core processor,768 Mb RAM
  • Dual led-flash,image stabilization, face detection, instant capture
  • 1080p full HD recording with stereo sound recording.
  • built high-quality body,gorilla glass
  • Smooth,swift and handy UI 4.0.3+ HTC sense 3.6
  • Beats audio
  • Loads of apps 400k apps in android now but still 100k lesser than apple appstore

Cons

• battery life can be bigger

rex0422
posted on 27 Dec 2011, 23:29 (Posts: 30; Member since: 12 Aug 2011)

HTC Sensation XE Review

rex0422 has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

Okay, this is a decent handset, it has nothing to write home about or brag about. Below are my three main disappointments:

First, it has Android 2.3 with HTC Sense 3.0, I think 3.0 is very refined, good and runs decently. However, my unit reboots from time to time, only happened twice, but was sufficiently enough to scare me. Also, sometimes it just feels very sluggish with its performance, and it is a memory hog, just takes up too much RAM, even with no apps open or running in background!!!

Second, display is rather disappointing. Nearly identical to the original Sensation or Sensation 4G (T-Mobile), however, display viewing angle is a tad better. Brightness is a tad brighter, but overall, same display, same qHD resolution.

Three, camera and call qualiy are somewhat sub-par. 8-megapixel autofocus camera takes decent shots, however, details are significantly lacking and contrast is a problem, mainly software issue (also it casts a haze to the shots taken). Other than that, details are somewhat lacking, but still usable. Also, although earpiece produces some acceptable strong tones, it still crackles as volume increases and it is rather hard to hear. Reception isn't that great as well.

Overall, decent handset and improved from the original, but DEFINITELY NOT WORTH YOUR 750 BUCKS IF YOU ARE IN THE UNITED STATES, AND WANT TO BUY FROM ONLINE RETAILERS, such as Expansys USA.

Build quality 9/10 Decent design, especially with aluminum trims around the handset.
Reception 8/10 Quite a lot of bars in high-coverage areas, however, it tends to lose signals when indoors.
Call quality 7/10 Choppy voices and somewhat strong tones, but in dead zones, it is nearly impossible to understand our callers.
Internet 9/10 Decent HSPA+ performance.
Multimedia 9/10 Good display = good media experience. Also, Beats audio is great sounding with the headset included.
Camera 7/10 Takes decent shots on the whole- Great at macro shots and sucks at nighttime shots (lacks in details significantly). 1080p videos are decent.
UI speed 5/10 Sluggish at best for most times.
Everyday usage 6/10 Sluggish at best.
Text input 10/10 Great HTC Sense keyboard. Nearly no mistakes and I can type extremely fast.
Display 8/10 Good looking and some improvements done from previous (or original) Sensation.
Battery 7/10 Performs decently throughout the day.

Pros

• Good display
  • Good web browsing experience
  • Good multimedia experience
  • Beats by Dr. Dre heaset performs better than any other headsets on the market that comes with the handset
  • HTC Sense 3.0 experience is refined, very good looking
  • Build quality is decent

Cons

• Sub-par battery life
  • Not top-notch quality camera and camcorder
  • UI runs sluggish at best
  • Call quality is average at best
  • Reception is an issue sometimes

posted on 09 Dec 2011, 10:10 (Posts: 0; Member since: 09 Dec 2011)

Planning on changing phone after less than 2 months

51747 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

I was really looking forward to this phone when it came out. I owned an HTC Desire and pretty much loved that one - I had it for over a year before moving to the Sensation XE. Now within less than 2 months of use, I'm thinking of moving on the Galaxy Nexus.

Pros:
- The phone, in general, is pretty smooth and fast.
- The build quality is quite nice.
- The display is crisp and a pleasure to view.
- The Beats headphones and the sound improvements are quite decent. Most of the times, the quality of the sound improved with Beats Audio enabled - but not always.
- Though this does not apply to this handset in particular, the Android Market has improved enormously since I first used it over a year ago.
- Sense is good in a lot of ways, e.g. the People application that gives you contact-specific information, the keyboard (which IMO seems more usable than Android's stock one), the cool lock screen/weather animations and the native Voice Recorder.

Cons:
- Sense is a burden on the hardware. After a month of use, the UI crashes almost every time I return to the home screen. Also, there are minor issues with the software/ For example, the Task Manager is a total dud, it never kills an application properly. Watch, Locations and Reader are pretty much useless in some regions/countries (like mine). Furthermore, having separate Facebook and Twitter for Sense apps seems too tedious to manage.
- The camera is a complete let-down. Not that my Desire's camera was any better, but I was hoping for...

Build quality 8/10 Though generally good, the battery cover is a pain.
Reception 9/10 Never had any issues with this.
Call quality 7/10 There were some issues with voice quality and the phone went on hold a couple of times while talking.
Internet 8/10 Good, but not great.
Multimedia 9/10 Don't have any complaints with the native Music app. Also, the Connected Media app worked well with my media plater at home.
Camera 4/10 Already mentioned in my review.
UI speed 5/10 Already mentioned in my review.
Everyday usage 7/10 This would be better if I could get the battery to last longer.
Text input 8/10 Not as great as the iPhone/
Display 10/10 Excellent.
Battery 1/10 Poor, in one word.

Buy This Phone