HTC P4350 Herald User Reviews

TheRetroReplay
posted on 10 Oct 2012, 10:11 (Posts: 239; Member since: 20 Mar 2012)

Piece of junk

TheRetroReplay has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

This phone is garbage, I remember when I got it, it seemed really nice. Worst phone I ever bought, the stylus always fell out. The restiveness touch screen was barely responsive needing to pretty much smash the stylus into the screen to get it to work.

It froze and locked up constantly, the UI was not user friendly and I would find myself in areas of the phone that I didn't even know existed. Or I would be one folder, back out of it the way I came and be in a different folder than the one I was in.

It would constantly call a friend of mine that I only texted, all my other friends that I called before that one would never get called. If I pressed the green call button to pick up an incoming call call it would hang up the call.

The slide out QWERTY keyboard was hard as a rock, requiring you to push the keys with the force of Thor hitting something with his hammer Mjölnir.

Pros

• Not a single pro

Cons

• Everything, just everything

Kasino Royale
posted on 12 Jan 2010, 12:25

Owned for sometime

I'm basing my review on features and technology available when the Wing was first released. Its a little unfair if I compared it to todays phones. ;)

The Wing's 200 CPU just doesn't cut it. At the time of the Wings introduction the bar had already been raised to 300 and 400. The lack of CPU power is evident when trying to play video or opening/closing programs.

Pros

• Slide Out Qwerty
  • Windows OS - Lots of programs available
  • Multimedia
  • Dedicated Buttons for Call answer, Call end, volume. Which comes in handy if the software goes berserk.
  • Wifi & Bluetooth

Cons

• Slow CPU (even in 2007) - Programs are slow, high rate of frame dropouts
  • Windows Mobile OS - unstable, at times goes haywire.
  • Memory - Internal memory is too small to download tons of programs

Stupid phone.
posted on 07 Jul 2009, 17:30

This phone was one of the worst phones I've ever had. I had a razor and then upgraded to a sidekick. After having numerous problems with that phone I decided to upgrade to the wing. At first everything was really good and I loved it. Some girl knocked it out of my hand and I had to get a replacement because the screen decided to fail. When I got my new phone I was happy until I pulled it out of my pocket one night outside and the buttons on the front fell off. We had no luck finding one of them. Next, the reaction time for the apps is extremely slow. Sometimes after shutting an application the screen turns totally white and my background image isn't there. When going to the camera 7 out of 10 times I have to restart my phone to use it because it says it doesn't have enough memory. I love the internet. The camera is great except at night. When sliding open it takes a great amount of time for the screen to adjust. I have to charge it every single night and sometimes it will be fully charged in the morning and won't even make it past 8 o' clock at night. Don't waste your money on this phon. You will be guarenteed a disappoinment.

Pros

• full keyboard
  • internet explorer
  • touch screen

• program memory
  • no flash
  • slow reaction
  • not made well

cyberjunkieNEO
posted on 30 Oct 2008, 00:32

The Wing...

My wife had the phone for less than 6 months and the battery failed.. Also, sliding the phone on a regular basis causes problems.. The screen started to go hay wire with the start menue dropping down all the time. Had to get a replacement from T-mobile which was a good thing since it was still under warranty. Now I own the Wing & my wife now has the G1 phone.
I love the phone but, it's slow at times, battery life sucks (have to recharge every night), memory sticks also but the good thing is that you can add memory with the expansion slot.. I added 8 gigs to mine, now storage is no problem but the internal memory for programs lack a lot in that department. Also, when answering the phone some time the call gets hung up on when trying to remove the phone from it's clip (I purchased an after market belt clip) or also missed call after one ring.
All in all, it's a great phone but lacks in time useage due to battery and memory.

Pros

• Great on features and design...

Cons

• Battery, internal memory are very poor...

nightwing76
posted on 14 Apr 2008, 04:04 (Posts: 0; Member since: 14 Apr 2008)

2.2

Lost memory

When i frist got the wing i was pretty amaze. But as i got to know the wing i got pretty upset. Memory lost big time with the phone. work my way threw 3 wings, exchange with tmobile to fix my problem with the phone. In the end I just give up on the wing and sold it on ebay. so don't wast your money on the wing. Look at other Htc like the touch

D.L.C.
posted on 22 Feb 2008, 11:11

WOW

I've had the wing for about a week. It does so much that I dont even touch my computers that often any more. I love the phone and the design. Windows mobile rocks, thanks HTC and T-Mo.

JARC
posted on 17 Feb 2008, 11:14

Great Technology but too slow

This phone has it all to be the best but the processor should be faster, the fact of having windows 6 makes it slower, also the memory should be upgrated, the camara and features are pretty cool, but the camara needs full memory, if u open a program or two, camera could stop working and the only way out is a soft reset which is unconfortable. Keyboard its excelent and lets gives u a clear idea of where u're at. You need software like SBP + VITO Recorder + IGuidance to make a nicer phone, additionally any bluetooth GPS antenna receiver works great with this phone, I personally recomend IGUIDANCE to turn this phone into the nicer GPS ever!

PhotoViewer software is the best option to see pictures, Windows is too slow previewing pictures, this program will make u hapy seeing o rshowing pictures to friends.

for further information or sugestions u can email me and will give u recomendations. For a person who is not a computer progammer like me this phone its an excellent choice.

lois
posted on 01 Sep 2007, 16:57

Love This phone

I love this phone. I hav no complaints. I have actually put away my laptop and I use my phone for everything. The sound quality is excellent. I love the shapness of the camera, It even makes the pics I took with the crappy sk3 look good. I love the fact that you can use your mp3's as ringtones. NO MORE ! 1.99 fees!!!!

Tal
posted on 13 Jul 2007, 13:04

Someone clipped this birds wings.

Not sure were these people work or live but I live and work in Los Angeles and let me tell you the signal strength on this device is horrible. It seems ok at home but at work it drops pretty much everywhere I go except by most windows. I have Verizon phone that works everywhere in the same building (inside labs, elevator, parking structure, etc.,) but not the Wing. Not to mention it’s a bit slow. Switching from app to app has noticeable pauses, so much that I found myself re-tapping the screen thinking I had missed the first time. Don’t get me started on the wireless internet. WI-FI is nice but not enough to save it.

Sean
posted on 23 Jun 2007, 02:01

Love the phone

Love the phone just think Verizons new pocket pc that has Dual Core processing and memory that DDR. Now we can put away our Laptops and desktops. Look out pocket pc.

TRAVIS
posted on 13 Jun 2007, 18:10

BEST SO FAR

I BOUGHT ONE WHEN IT FIRST CAME OUT AND ITS NOT QUIET UP TO THE SPEED OF TECH BUT IT IS GETTING CLOSER. COULD BE BETTER BUT THE FUTURE IS COMEING. I WOULD NOT USE ANY OTHER PHONE

AngeloV
posted on 12 Jun 2007, 12:34

WING has taken off

amazing phone, couldnt be better 11 out of 10. i have had the phone for almost 2 months and have not got bored once. i have over 6 phones, and have no need 2 switch phones, this phone does it all!!!

David
posted on 25 May 2007, 01:34

The Wing takes flight!

This new addition to the T-mobile line up is the first phone released with windows mobile 6 professional. It offers an easy to use touch screen, easier to access task manager, html email, better form factor, and great voice quality in 1 easy to use device.