HTC Ozone User Reviews

Katie
posted on 10 Aug 2011, 01:08

This is an awful phone DO NOT buy it!

Katie has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I have had the Ozone for less than a year & it was great & fast when i first bought it, but when i tried to put music onto the music player, the phone would tell me there's not enough space for it, & i have a 16 GB memory card. My picture's wouldn't save to it either & i would have to delete my picture's to even receive my texts. This phone freezes when it get's a picture message & you have to restart the phone. When you click the lock button the phone also freezes & you have to take the battery out. Half the time i drop call's in the same places i always make phone calls.I have to charge this phone twice a day for it to keep a full charge. I think this is a terrible phone & it cannot compare to a blackberry. Do not buy this phone if i were you.

Pros

• Fast internet
  • Simple keyboard

Cons

• It freezes all the time
  • Battery life is very short
  • USB connector wears, causing phone not to charge properly.

Oliver Bailey
posted on 28 Aug 2010, 17:40

Leaves a lot to be desired...

I've used this phone for about 14 months. I originally traded over from the "Q" because this phone supported Skype. Well, to eliminate the "hang" feature, I upgraded Windows mobile and when I did, Skype no longer supported Windows mobile.The phone goes into a frenzy at times and the USB connector has worn to a point where the phone won't charge occasionally. In short, the quality of this phone is lacking, probably why the HTC ozone is now $29.99 instead of the original $149.00. If possible stay away from this model, the quality of build just isn't there.

Pros

• Ease of turning features on and off.

Cons

• USB connector wears, causing phone not to charge properly.

tjlotz73
posted on 01 May 2010, 10:10

OK phone for price

Well ive had this phone for close to about 5 months and my overall review of this phone that it is just OK.  i got the original phone with the windows 6.1.  That phone was terrible.  It always froze, my calls would get dropped in places where i normally always get service, text messages wouldnt come to my phone even though the other person would call me asking if i got their text and normally the answer was no, and on top of all this my "L" button was sticking so i would have to press very hard to get it to work, which became a nuisance.  after about a few months of putting up with this i saw that HTC updated the phone with the windows 6.5 mobile.  i went to verizon and the salesperson there ordered me a new Ozone and i didnt have to pay, bc of my warranty.  For the first two weeks the phone worked great, but then again don't all phones work for that time period?  Anyways, about a month later my phone started doing the same thing.  Phone was constantly freezing dropping calls and what i like to call now "ignoring my text messages".  If your in the market for your first smartphone, do NOT get this phone.  it would be a better investment to buy a blackberry, any besides the storm, or even an android.  I only recommend this phone if you have had any troubles with any other smartphone and are wanting to give it a try.  i just warn you to think to yourself before buying, "blackberry or Ozone?", which phone has had more...

Pros

• I guess the simplicity
  • price
  • battery life is pretty good

Cons

• Freezes all the time
  • Says I have 3G coverage but I have yet to see it work
  • Pocket dials if you do not put it on lock
  • As much as i hate touch screens, this phone would benefit from having one

kgosalvez
posted on 12 Oct 2009, 16:31

HTC Ozone - Nice phone

I've had the phone for about a month and I really like it.  The software is pretty fast.  I like the home screen with easy access to email, missed calls, voicemail & text all in one area for quick retrieval.   It also has the appointments for the day on the home screen and weather which is nice to know what to wear for the day.  Overall; I felt the speed and easy access for the functions that I use daily, this phone is great.  The one thing I wish it came with by default was a phone dialpad for being able to know which numbers to push when dialing using letters. (i.e. to check minutes used on Verizon; dial #MIN.  There is no way to know which numbers are MIN unless you have it memorized.)

Pros

• Pretty fast internet connection/email retrieval. Decent camera. I like the built in GPS. I like the physical design, very nice, small & compact.

Cons

• By default the phone does not have a software dialpad. (i.e. to check on minutes used; dial #MIN. How do you know which numbers to dial? No dialpad.)
  • Camera is only 2.0 mega pixels.
  • No flash for camera.

gskutack
posted on 01 Oct 2009, 08:49

Excellent PDA for anyone

I replaced my Motorola Q9c two months ago with the VZW Ozone and I have to say it is performing flawlessly.
I have been a Q customer since 2006 and did not think it was going to be possible to upgrade to a similar type handset due to the Q line being discontined.  The phone is excellent with a few minor exceptions.  The camera has no flash, the back arrow does not take you back through previously used programs like the Moto Q did (this is minor) and I was disappointed to learn that Office Mobile is limited to only viewing (word and Excel) you can not create.  Not sure why HTC would put a PDA on the market without Documents to Go or a full version of Office Mobile.

Pros

• Slim, Compact design, lightweight
  • bright adjustable screen
  • keypad is comforable, friendly layout
  • Does not need to be reset
  • Excellent Sound quality
  • Enhanced text messaging features
  • Enhanced Photo album features for not only taking pictures but viewing and sending

Cons

• Camera has no flash
  • Office Mobile does not have ability to create Word or excel only view imported files
  • Back arrow does not walk you through previous used programs (minor)

Cindy
posted on 04 Sep 2009, 09:52

Ozone is a low-cost powerhouse!

I recently purchased an HTC Ozone while I was out shopping for smartphones and plans for my company.  Working for a software development company, I am around a lot of tech-savvy people, all of whom have different mobile devices. Much to my amazement, my $49.00 Ozone can do things that their pricey devices can't do (like tethering)!  And...it does them all superbly!This was definitly my smartest purchase in a long time.  I have recommended the Ozone to my CEO and Director of IT as our best choice for company mobile devices and, after investigating all the other (expensive) options, they have grudgingly agreed with me that there is nothing else on the market that can deliver this kind of performance for the money - or even for double, triple, quadruple, etc. the cost!In this tough economy, we are looking to reduce costs wherever possible.  It is refreshing to find a business tool that has so much to offer at a price that makes our accountant smile...THANK YOU HTC & VERIZON for this precious gem of a smartphone :-)

Pros

• Price - $49.00
  • Windows Mobile
  • Can be tethered - no more access card needed!
  • Easy to use
  • Direct connection with company Exchange Server for email, calendar, tasks, etc.
  • Can open most common file attachments
  • No BES server costs!

Cons

• The OLY thing that this phone does not have is a touch screen...to me that is not a con, but to some it might be.

scroffy
posted on 31 Jul 2009, 09:30

Superb phone, easy to use, low cost

I needed to replace my girlfriend's phone.  The requirements: verizon, needed to be able to do an easy free tether w/o the expensive extra plan from vzw, full qwerty would be nice.  Looked at a variety of phones, and I like the way winmo phones tether (I have an omnia). Checked them out and this was probably the best for my purpose at any price. She's not a big techie, so winmo was a bit of a concern, but the HTC UI on top of winmo 6.1 standard has been perfect. She can do everything she wants, and discovers new things daily.  Tethering is quick and easy, giving near dsl speeds on her laptop. GPS is great, google maps found 10 sats in less than 30 seconds inside my house.  Mobile office is great, and of course tons of applications are out there.  Sturdy. Wifi works great...i briefly set it up as a wifi hotspot with no issues and decent speed. Very good display, albeit not the biggest.  Good battery life.
I'd prefer a track pad or ball or scroll wheel for navigation.  While I find the track pad on my omnia useless since it's a touch screen, it would be handy here. A 3.5 mm headphone jack would be nice. HTC uses a mini usb port, but it's not quite standard.  Comes with no significant storage, but $18 for an 8 gb class 6 micro sd card solved that in a hurry.  The camera is okay, but a flash would be nice.
The biggest issues for some people will be the keyboard...i like it and i have big fat fingers, but some people won't.  And as...

Pros

• easy, powerful, versatile, inexpensive

Cons

• nothing significant

midsmalls
posted on 28 Jul 2009, 13:38

Ozone impresses

I bought this phone for my wife a few weeks ago and she has loved it. The size is simalar to a BB curve but has more sleek appearance. The function is great, I have always been dissapointed with windows mobile but this is WM standard not professional (similar to the style used on the old motorola Q9c) which makes the phone run at much smoother speeds. VZW finally unlocked a phone that can use 3rd party GPS and it has WIFI! The web browser is the best around, Internet Explorer allows the user to navigate even to banking sights, and of course has seemless navigation of leisure sights like facebook as well. Camera could be better, but for 2.0mp it looks darn good! Battery life is incredible! outlasts by BB curve by a day! I have used the teathering feature as well and REV-A coverage from VZW makes for quick download and upload speeds.
Conclusion:
Great starter PDA device with a very attractive price tag

Pros

• PRICE-$50
  • Unlocked GPS/3rd party apps