HTC One max User Reviews

Battery9.8/10
Reception9.8/10
Display9.9/10

samantha7
posted on 11 May 2014, 04:54 (Posts: 0; Member since: 11 May 2014)

HTC one Max

samantha7 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

I had the HTC DNA,&I got this.I'm very happy. Love love big screen.I can record a video&take pictures at same time.I love it.in Gallery,it puts together a bunch of photos&video(if made at same time).u can choose themes,choose music.it's really nice.after u take a photo u can adjust the lighting&coloring so it can be perfect,your way.a great phone.it's thinner than DNA.this phone makes the DNA look tiny,Lol.it's wider too.I like that.u watch utube,the picture quality is amazing. Can see wrinkles on faces,that's how crystal clear this is.I've had Thunderbolt, Droid Razr (was worst phone),DNA,&now this.I tell u,this is my favorite by far.the U.I.is easy to understand. Not like Razr,it was horrible. HTC is known for great UI's. I always seem to stick with HTC.I understand it easier.I love this phone.it's plenty fast enough.it's just like any computer, the more u have on it,the slower it goes. But this doesn't go that slow.u definitely recommend, especially if u like HTC.I chose this over the new M8,because of it's size&battery power.I can stay on 100% for hours,even using it some. Lasts long tune on standby.up to 25-30hrs.of use.it's great. Happy I Gordon the Max! I bet u will be too.

ozm3n
posted on 08 Apr 2014, 05:27 (Posts: 0; Member since: 08 Apr 2014)

HTC ONE MAX best Phablet

ozm3n has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

HTC Makes best phones than any other company available in the market. HTC phones have superb build quality and the most amazing thing it has is the Sense UI. They customized the phone in such a way in which you get most advance features which are hardly available in any other brand which are being sold. HTC has never compromised the way they design and finish their phones it feels you are holding a gem. Samsung makes plastic body which are seriously nothing in front of HTC. The Aluminium finish gives a classy touch.

THE PEOPLE WHO HAVE NOT USED HTC MUST TRY THEIR PRODUCT ONCE YOU WONT BE DISAPPOINTED!!!

Pros

• Best Screen Quality
  • Build quality is Amazing
  • Battery life excellent
  • SD card expansion
  • Camera Quality
  • Multimedia
  • Sense UI
  • Speakers

Trex95
posted on 19 Mar 2014, 10:40 (Posts: 544; Member since: 03 Mar 2013)

Best 6 inch Phaplet around.

Trex95 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

The first HTC Phaplet and one of the best 6 inch device around with great screen and fabulous boom sound speakers packed with great battery life. I love it more than Note 3 and 1520, yes camera isn't on bar with the best out but still an excellent camera plus HTC add flash to focus that missed on HTC one if you want take still at dark area. Fingerprint scan works just fine I don't why reviewer complain about in every single review?! Learn before you try.

Pros

Cons

• Heavy

awdean1
posted on 15 Feb 2014, 16:32 (Posts: 0; Member since: 15 Feb 2014)

A phabulous phablet

awdean1 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

(Disclaimer: HTC sent me this device to test)
The One Max is a great device for those who love the feel of the HTC One but want that same experience on a larger display, although a phone of this size won’t appeal to everyone. I also can’t fault the battery life of the 3300mAh battery; it lasted for two days straight under fairly heavy usage without a recharge, I'm now leaving my battery bank at home!
It's great for churning through videos and music; I use it as a Netflix streaming hub, I use an MHL cable to connect it to my TV if I want it on that, but why would I when I have the large display of the One Max that has a display the same resolution of that TV!
It also has the tried and tested UltraPixel camera, which offers great stills and video quality despite its resolution.
The fingerprint scanner is a nice addition, but in practice, it's quite awkwardly positioned; that given, it is very fast at reading my fingerprint, as fast as my Thinkpads fingerprint scanner!
My final words on the One Max is that it's a brilliant device with very few flaws, I'd recommend it to anyone who is on the look out for a phone and tablet replacement!

Zanymomintx
posted on 12 Feb 2014, 16:21 (Posts: 0; Member since: 12 Feb 2014)

HTC One Max Size Matters

Zanymomintx has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

HTC sent me a HTC One Max for the purpose of reviewing.

At first glance I dismissed the HTC One Max as being too big for me. After 3 months with the Max, I think I've been spoiled and may never return to a smaller phone. The 5.9 inch screen with 1920 x 1080 display is perfect for watching a movie, especially with the dynamic audio the dual front facing speakers deliver.

The battery on the HTC One Max is the boss of batteries. After a full day of taking photos, posting to social media accounts, sending texts and making calls, I still had 17% left that evening.

Features that are outstanding include: Sense TV, video highlights, Zoe, and BoomSound. Call clarity is outstanding and I never experienced any drop calls or call interference.

Even with its large size the phone still fits in most of my jeans/slacks pockets. I found it easily replaced my need to also carry a tablet or take my laptop on short business trips.

Overall, I love the HTC One Max and feel like it has replaced the need for me to carry a phone and a tablet!

Reception 10/10 Never had an issue with losing calls

Pros

• Battery Life, Screen Size, Speakers

Cons

• Bulky

NexusLogic
posted on 11 Feb 2014, 08:02 (Posts: 0; Member since: 11 Feb 2014)

HTC One Max Overview

NexusLogic has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

This is a great phone that has the good qualities of the HTC One, but with more such as a bigger screen, and faster processor. If you want this phone, I'd recommend you get it. It even has a fingerprint sensor which works really well.

Build quality 10/10 The phone is well built and resists drops.
Reception 10/10 I've noticed it has good reception.
Call quality 10/10 I haven't had a problem with call quality.
Internet 10/10 I can see a lot on the internet with this screen, and I have had no problems with it.
Multimedia 10/10 No problems here.
UI speed 9/10 It's almost as fast as a Nexus.
Everyday usage 10/10 I haven't had any problems through my everyday usage with this device.
Text input 10/10 I have not had a problem with text input.
Display 9/10 I have noticed a yellowish tint.
Battery 9/10 It's not a bad battery at all.

Pros

• Boomsound
  • Front Facing Camera
  • Fingerprint Sensor
  • Slickness
  • SIM Card
  • Side Buttons
  • IR Blaster
  • Cameras

Cons

• No Internet During Call
  • Can't Turn Into Google Play Edition
  • Non-Removable Battery
  • Fingerprint Sensor
  • Back Camera

genez
posted on 10 Feb 2014, 22:40 (Posts: 0; Member since: 16 Jul 2013)

Big Can be Better

genez has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

The HTC One Max, its just a larger version of the HTC One, isn't it?! Well, yes & no.

While both models have a lot in common, having both devices, I feel that the user experience has a distinction. I find the larger screen real estate on the One Max really lends itself to reading/browsing and multimedia activities better, though the One isn't a slouch in that respect, just that the larger screen is an advantage there.

Screen - the large 5.9" Super LCD3 is something that doesn't disappoint and supporting Full HD output, it makes viewing text, reading, watching clips/videos & editing photos a breeze. Despite the screen size, it doesn't seem to be as large as you'll expect, thanks to HTC's well thought out industrial design.

Audio - BoomSound speakers still rock. No Beats Audio on this model, but I don't miss it as I'm not a fan of its sound profile. Dual front facing speakers still make listening to music, videos and the like an enjoyable experience, without a need to cup over the rear speakers like other mobiles.

Camera - 4mp Ultrapixel unit similar to the One, it has the additional features of the Dual shot mode, as well as an anti-shake mode possible to compensate for the lack of OIS (optical image stabilisation) which was on the One. It does not disappoint though. Take good pics and performs well in video mode as well. Superb for making Zoes and video highlights. Coupled with the larger screen, it makes viewing easy on the eyes when reviewing shots.

Hardware - While some...

Battery 9/10 Only reason it didn't get a 10 is due to the fact that 10 would be perfect.. and this is near perfect, but not quite.

Pros

• Large screen
  • Boomsound Speakers
  • Fingerprint scanner for security
  • Expansion memory slot

Cons

• Ultrapixel Camera not for everyone

genez alternatives:

techman001
posted on 10 Feb 2014, 09:20 (Posts: 4; Member since: 14 Feb 2013)

Top Phone on the market

techman001 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

I’ve had the phone for a few months now, and here is why it truly is a must have phone.

A) THE DESIGN & HARDWARE: If you want a true masterpiece in design and craftsmanship, look no further. The One Max feels solid and well built. I don't have to worry about carrying this around case-less with a fear that it will get ruined. I will not be worried about this phone nicking and scraping like the iPhone. It has that coolness factor and a higher level of sophistication than any other phone out there today. Something you wouldn’t want to cover up.

B) THE SCREEN: The Screen is simply put, beautiful. Everything just pops out at you. Even in direct sunlight, everything is clear and bright. This is currently the best screen on the market right now. It’s larger size allows you to watch a movie or youtube videos with ease.

C) THE DUAL FRONT-FACING SPEAKERS: We have all been desensitized to the modern smartphones nowadays with their, tinny, mono speaker. Finally, someone has the senses to come back to reality - thank you, HTC! Trust me, your ears will thank you and you will realize all phones should have been made like this. Especially when you use ringtones/alerts that were specifically created for this phone, the sound is loud, immersive, expansive, and POPs into your ears. It's simply a re-revolution.

D) THE CAMERA: Cameras are not always about who has the most pixels. In fact in today’s market it is more of a marketing gimmick than anything else. Thankfully, HTC recognized that and...

andrdnl
posted on 06 Feb 2014, 14:48 (Posts: 0; Member since: 06 Feb 2014)

The One got bigger!

andrdnl has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

This is clearly the smartphone for me! I personally am a battery hog but didn't manage to deplete the Max battery in a day. I use my device for a lot of mailing, browsing, calls, texting etc.
The extra real estate got me to dive in to mobile entertainment a lot more and i often spend time enjoying myself.
The fingerprint sensor is an extra security for me and got me to unlock my device much faster, safer and i've added two "quick launches" to it - mail and the browser.
My previous device was the One and i have to admit that BlinkFeed takes advantage of the extra screen size. I also forgot how bad is it to not find your remote or to run out of batteries.
Also on weekend i use the One Max for music, words can't describe the level of awesomeness of BoomSound!
I have used this device for almost two months and i had the opportunity to receive it from HTC.

ijohnny
posted on 02 Feb 2014, 08:03 (Posts: 0; Member since: 16 Feb 2013)

Amazing power with Max life, Meet HTC One Max

ijohnny has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

HTC One Max, this device is aimed at everyone who enjoy phablets while enjoying everything HTC has to offer. The HTC One Max features a 5.9-inch Full HD display, a 1.7GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 processor and a fingerprint scanner on the back of the device. HTC was kind enough to provide me with a device for testing and review.

Design
The HTC One Max has a few changes comapred to the HTC One design, but it’s still made out of a premium aluminum material with a few tweaks to the design. The front is pretty much the same with larger 5.9-inch Full HD display. Below the screen you can find two capacitive buttons, HTC logo between them, and dual-stereo speakers even lower. While above the screen you will find second dual-stereo speaker, front-facing camera and sensors.

The only big change on the back panel is the inclusion of a fingerprint scanner, which is located below the camera. On the left side of the camera you still have LED flash, and white plastic that has a hidden microphone. At the back center you can find HTC logo, and on bottom right you will find standard HTC dock pins.

While sides of the phone are now made of white polycarbonate it still provides you with a premium quality. While the Max is 164.5 x 82.5 x 10.29mm in size you can still reach notification with one hand, but keep in mind you need a good grip case and a large hand. Don’t try to manage this when you first get the device, because a period of adjustment is expected when handling a larger device.

Fingerprint...

Build quality 9/10 Build quality is amazing, but the only thing I would like is back cover easier attaching.
Reception 10/10 Reception depends on your location, but in my experience One Max will provide you with maximum reception possible.
Call quality 10/10 Call quality is very good, precise and loud.
Multimedia 10/10 This is why this phone was made, and you will enjoy videos, music, games and everything else on this huge screen.
Camera 9/10 Camera is very good just like on HTC One, and absence of OIS is not relevant because you get pictures just like on HTC One.
UI speed 10/10 Entire UI is very fluid, fast and has flat feeling to it.
Battery 10/10 Battery is something amazing, and during my testing I was getting 25-35 hours with normal use, but with light use you can push the device to 3 days or more. If you are a heavy user you can be sure the device will provide you with 12 hours of hard use (watching movies, navigation, etc.)

Pros

• 5.9-inch Full HD screen
  • Premium build quality
  • 2 GB of RAM
  • microSD slot

Cons

• Hard to attach back cover (read manual for easy attaching)

TheHEFTA
posted on 30 Jan 2014, 17:54 (Posts: 0; Member since: 30 Jan 2014)

Maximum Screensize, Maximum Experience.

TheHEFTA has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

I'm a person who constantly changes phones, forever upgrading as newer ones are released but I've had the same problem with a lot of phones - size.
This year I've had the HTC One, HTC Butterfly S, a HTC One mini briefly before giving it away and a Nexus device, all of them felt too small for the size of my hands. That's where HTC swooped in to save the day and sent me a HTC One max to test out on their behalf.
I must say I fell in love with the phone instantly, while using the Butterfly S I missed the premium feel of the One, but that's exactly what the Max is. The screen is perfect for any kind of media, watching YouTube videos or playing games from the Play Store, but even better than the screen is the improved Boomsound speakers which seem to sound louder and clearer than the speakers on all of HTC's other models of 2013.
Battery life is great, easily lasting me a day or two depending on how much I can force myself to stop watching videos on it.
All in all, I don't think I can return to a "normal" sized phone and would recommend it 100% to anyone who suffers from the same problem as myself.

Pros

• Screensize
  • Boomsound

pedrofernandes
posted on 28 Jan 2014, 16:10 (Posts: 0; Member since: 28 Jan 2014)

Best Phablet Ever

pedrofernandes has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

The huge screen, the extraordinary sound quality, with stereo speakers and technology Boomsound, Live Galery that makes photos come alive, and we can choose the photos that go in this video, cause this phone is perfect.
We can take Zoe's and play with the effects, the news that are always hand with Blinkfeed, make a feed reader is not required.
The games on the 5.9-inch screen, are purely fantastic.
I strongly recommend the HTC Max One

apexpredation
posted on 24 Jan 2014, 06:26 (Posts: 2; Member since: 14 Feb 2013)

Bigger IS Better

apexpredation has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

If you are looking for a supersized brilliant HD display and unmatched stereo sound in a mobile phone, then the HTC One max is for you. Seriously this phone rocks! The images that are produced by the 1080p 5.9” screen are crisp and the colors accurate to real life. The stereo speakers blast out clear and clean sound including more bass than I have ever experienced from and single back speaker device. This is also the first device where I have to keep the volume at half power on average for the ringer to prevent me from jumping out of my skin every time I get a notification. It’s that loud.
The screen and speakers are not the only things that shine on this phone either. Both the front and rear cameras are amazing! I’ll start with the front. It’s a 2.1 MP shooter but the cool thing about it is it has an extremely wide shooting angle. Normally you can only fit a friend or two in the “selfie” shot and that’s with you squeezing tightly together and trying to stretch out your arm as though you made of rubber to get the whole shot. Pretty standard, I know, but with the HTC One max I was able to get selfies that included things like the entire family Christmas dinner with everyone at their seat and me in the shot, and beautiful surroundings while out for a hike. It lets you turn Selfies into Everybodies! The back camera is no slouch either. Even though it “only” 4MP the size of each pixel is close to that of a higher end digital camera. The benefits are noticeable too. For starters this...

scott1965
posted on 18 Jan 2014, 13:23 (Posts: 0; Member since: 19 Dec 2011)

Excellent Phone

scott1965 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

I decided to purchase this phone over the Note 3 primarily because of the Max's build quality when compared to the Note 3. Don't get me wrong, the Note 3 is great, but the build quality has something to be desired considering its price.

Build quality 10/10 Metal casing, solid feel.

• Screen Size
  • Screen Quality
  • Dual Speakers

Cons

• Camera could be better

scott1965 alternatives:

javier
posted on 20 Nov 2013, 09:19 (Posts: 0; Member since: 20 Nov 2013)

htc one max

javier has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I just purchased this phone one 11/17/13. The screen size is awesome. Not a problem at all. When you pick up a smaller phone, it makes you feel like what the?? The camara needed OIS. Other than that, great phone for your money.. I also wished they could have come out with different colors. The spinning spark antenna is different. It can be distracting, but im over it now. That needs to be improved.

Pros

• size, capabilities.

Cons

• color choice, no ois.

JohnWill87
posted on 17 Nov 2013, 16:00 (Posts: 0; Member since: 17 Nov 2013)

HTC One Max...Greatness!!!

JohnWill87 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I was the first one at our local Sprint store to have my hands on one. Here's my take: AMAZING.

The build quality, the screen clarity and quality, and not to mention the super sound quality....it's the best phone i've had, and i've had a lot of phones. I traded my Galaxy Note 3 in for this....and in no way am i regretting the move. The phone is built better than the note 3, the batter is bigger and by experience lasts much longer....it has a higher ppi rate than the galaxy and a bigger screen, so you can't lose. I have 32GB of storage on board plus my 16 card in...I have more memory than i know what to do with. As far as phone use goes, the Snapdragon 600 smoothly runs this phone like butter. No lag, no skipping, no freezing, everything is so seamless and quick...even on 3G i get lightning fast downloads and web use. I can only imagine the 4G LTE capabilities, seeing that this is a tri-band Sprint Spark device, i've already picked up bits and pieces of LTE around Columbus. The phone build itself....far more superior than that of the Note 3. It's premium all the way around. I read other reviews from other users who were using the pre-production european model. I read about complaints of the back not sitting flush against the phone and gaps. I'll say this, I have closely studied my device and I can say that there are no flaws. The back of my phone sits flush and secure and feels very secure. Everything else is amazing. I have not one complaint compared to the cheap feel of the...

Build quality 10/10 Premium. One word. Period.

Pros

• Amazing screen quality
  • Amazing processing power
  • Tons of memory on board
  • Snapdragon CPU
  • Premium build quality

Cons

• Buying any other phone except this one.

Buy This Phone