HTC Inspire 4G User Reviews

Everyday usage8.8/10
UI speed8.8/10

SameTodayAsYesterday
posted on 13 Mar 2011, 19:09

Simply put, this phone works!

SameTodayAsYesterday has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

And it works well! It's fast, doesn't lag, does what I need it to do when I need it done. The newest version of Sense is great! It seems like they've taken a few things from NRGZ28 & Cookie with their Manilla mods from the earlier Sense days, that's a great thing. Now just slime down the main clock and we're GOLDEN! Although I miss a dedicated camera button, the large screen and HTCs latest tweaks made it very easy to adapt. My rate of use ranges from VERY HEAVY to moderate and the battery does lasts. Considering how small it is and how large the device is I'm surprised people continue to complain, simple phone physics lol. I usually have decent experiences with phones but this has been the best by far! Now if only AT&T would get their speed restrictions over and done with, I'll see what this thing can really do! Again, carrier network issues can't be considered a CON for the device itself. Do yourself a favor, give this phone a try, you'll like it.

Build quality 10/10 Looks & feels great, plus it's heavy enough to be used as theft deterrent lol. Just insure it first before you heave it at someone.
Reception 9/10 I've only been in a few spots where I can't get reception and that's been the case with every cellular phone I've owned (those spots) can't blame that on the phone.
Call quality 10/10 I can hear everyone clearly and vice versa, even in less than great areas it simply works.
Internet 10/10 Like a dream, who needs a tablet?
Multimedia 10/10 This phone handles everything I throw at it with ease, I'm a multimedia hound and I have yet to be disappointed. Some complain about the speaker but I find it serves me just well, and the enhancements with headphones makes it even better.
Camera 9/10 I do miss the dedicated camera button from my X10 but I've gotten used to it, auto-focus simply works! The different tweaks they've made, this is the best HTC camera yet.
UI speed 10/10 Never lags, does what I want when I want, occasionally even before I want it lol. I made it mine lol.
Everyday usage 10/10 HTC gets it right and keeps getting it better. The Sense overlay makes Froyo even better. Don't believe compare it to the Nexus S with vanilla android.
Text input 10/10 3 keyboards from the jump, I have large hands and the screen suits me just fine, rarely ever have input mishaps and when I do it's ONLY because I'm not paying attention. Haste makes waste lol.
Display 10/10 Superb, enough said.
Battery 8/10 Considering the small size of the battery and the large size of the screen/device it powers, it could be A LOT worse. I'm more than happen with it.

Pros

• Everything honestly

Cons

• Complaints are about AT&T; NONE about this device!

drummer_jb
posted on 08 Mar 2011, 09:19

htc inspire 4g cant be beat

drummer_jb has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Hey viewers, just got my inspire about a week ago. I did a lot of research and comparing before choosing my inspire and I have to say, I chose well! Before, I was considering waiting for a good dual core or the iphone. But I didn't want to be like the retards out there and just buy an iPhone just because of the hype without making sure its the best. Well, it may have arguably been the best phone out last summer but now there are tons of new phones that kill the stupid Apple righteousness. The only thing iphones have that is unique is the retina display and itunes. Personally, I could give a damn about itunes, I've always had the worst experience with it. And most reviews on dual core phones right now say it is. Equally fast or slower than most single core processor phones out now. I figure its because they haven't developed everything to perfect the dual core yet and I should probably wait a year or so until all the kinks are worked out and it gets better. But here is why the inspire dominates: a huge 4.3" super lcd display makes the phone an instant eye-catcher, the 8mp cam means you can take a pic, view it and zoom in as much as you want and the image is still razor Sharp, the H+ connection is so fast, WiFi works amazingly with no buffering or jittery-ness while playing streaming high quality vids, the ability to personalize almost everything, and much more. Only thing I can complain about is there's no way to hide pics or files or like, require password to view certain pic

Pros

• camera, screen size, look and operation of os, H+ is fast, good reception.

Cons

• cant hide/password protect pictures and files, speaker on back, no face cam (though i dont need)

Afghanmoose
posted on 06 Mar 2011, 22:04

Seriously?

Afghanmoose has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Everythings great about this phone except the damn battery life! That either makes or breaks it. I have played with lots of phones for android, like the new motorola phone on ATT, the htc incredible, htc thunderbolt. All Sense UI's are great, but battery life sucked on all of them, even themotorola phone, which is a 1930 mAh battery.

Build quality 8/10 The battery door was made intentionaly so that we cant add an extra battery pack to elongate the life.
Reception 7/10 ATT still sucks
Internet 7/10 no 4g speeds

Pros

• the new version of sense, snappy

Cons

• no forward facing camera, battery life sucks

Afghanmoose alternatives:

CalebSmith
posted on 05 Mar 2011, 22:14 (Posts: 6; Member since: 04 Jan 2011)

Caleb Smith

CalebSmith has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

This is the most amazing phone ever. I suggest this phone for everyone. I just got this phone and it blows me away in every way possible. This phone takes beautiful HD videos and takes great photos. The speed for this phone is extremely fast. The 4g makes every thing so much faster to upload, download, update, browse, share, etc.. The screen is amazing resolution-wise and makes everything so beautiful. The 1ghz processor makes gaming great and things like scrolling through pages a breeze. The 4.3" inch screen is the perfect screen size for the phone. The new HTC Sense is awesome I really like it. I have used the mobile hotspot and it is very useful for taking your laptop around with you. The Adobe Flash Player is so useful for internet browsing. The call quality is amazing and the noise cancellation really helps.I get reception everywhere I go. The battery life is nice it is really long battery life so that is good. I love the multimedia it is very awesome. The user interface speed is really fast and I mean really fast. I love the text input the keyboard is amazing landscape and portrait mode. I would have to say there may be nothing wrong with this phone it is amazing in every way possible I say everybody should own this phone it must be att's best phone because I saw all the reviews and it can go head to head with every phone in at&t and beat every phone.

Pros

• every single thing

Cons

• absoluteley nothing

bassem ibrahim
posted on 20 Feb 2011, 04:41

wow

bassem ibrahim has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

i just got this phone after just getting a samsung captivate 4 months ago, and wow this phone destroys my previous iphone and that horrible captivate plain and simple this phone is great doesnt mess up like the captivate like freeze and not run apps! when u buy this phone u truly will be happy its in ur hands!

violingirl88
posted on 18 Feb 2011, 12:13 (Posts: 0; Member since: 07 Dec 2010)

First Android device!

violingirl88 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I got my new phone the day after it came out and I've been using it all day and everyday and I still love it. the Sense UI is terrific, the Market is awesome, and the whole phone in general including the OS blows my mind. I love everything about this phone and wouldn't turn it back for anything. I do have bad Reception where I live, but its not that bad. I do wish the battery life would last longer than one day, but hey the phone is still awesome and I can still charge my phone at night so no problem with the battery dying during the day.

Pros

Cons

• nothing I can think of

sucram6791
posted on 16 Feb 2011, 01:10 (Posts: 3; Member since: 20 Apr 2008)

An Amazing Phone!

sucram6791 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

this phone is great! switched from an iphone and dont regret it one bit. its very different from iOS but in many great ways. Sense is the best UI possible. having widgets gives your home screen a pop that makes you never want to put it down. the amount of customization you can do is shocking! you can pretty much customize everything involving the phone (whether its from the phone or the app market) if you are thinking about getting this phone, do it! you wont regret it

Multimedia 8/10 not easy to sync with mac

• screen
  • speed
  • texting
  • connectivity
  • social apps
  • widgets

Cons

• at&t preinstalled apps
  • htc hub is iffy sometimes
  • doesnt sync well with mac

bcashJMU
posted on 14 Feb 2011, 12:03

Inspire 4G

bcashJMU has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I have been playing with the phone for two days straight now putting it to the test. I have not come across any major issues minus the block of third party apps...I really wanted swype. the screen is massive and easy to type on and navigate through the UI. The speed of the processor is excellent, no lag or glitches so far. The H+ network is much faster than 3G. I have been using the internet all day via the network and WiFi and the battery is still at 75% or so. Overall I am very happy with the phone.

Pros

• everything else

Cons

• no third party apps or swype

100larski
posted on 14 Feb 2011, 11:06 (Posts: 0; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)

Att suck for blocking 3rd party apps

100larski has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I live this device coming off Samsung captivate the size is perfect for me.
The phone came loaded with bunch of ATT preloaded apps that you can't remove and those apps keep starting in the background So annoying and keeps putting more strain on the better. Another big deal breaker ATT has blocked 3rd party apps install and I can't install swype so I'll be taking this phone back to att before my 30 days is up. I'm considering changing carriers if att if att continues to CRIPPLE their Android phones!!!!!!

Pros

• Speed, Screen size

Cons

• No Swype, Att preloaded Apps Can;t uninstall, Install of 3rd party Apps blocked by Att,

Buy This Phone