HTC Inspire 4G User Reviews

Camera9.1/10
Multimedia9.2/10
Internet9.1/10

lantaloodle
posted on 25 Sep 2014, 22:39 (Posts: 0; Member since: 25 Sep 2014)

Wasn't a big fan

lantaloodle has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

I received it used but used it afterwards for a good 3-4 years. The phone is fairly heavy and I encountered problems with it overheating or shutting off randomly. The battery was pretty bad and I had to purchase another charger because the old one was worn down. It only had 7 GB of usable memory on it and I found myself running out towards the end of my using it. Overall it was an okay phone, it did its job and lasted me a long time. However, it was also outdated for me and it was definitely time for a change.

Build quality 9/10 although it was a bit heavy it was built to last and I never had any cracks despite lots of drops.
Camera 5/10 No front facing camera
Everyday usage 5/10 It would not last the whole day if I regularly used it. I would have to monitor my activities if I wanted it to stay alive all day.
Text input 5/10 It would frequently not enter text when I tried to type and I would have to wait or physically restart my phone to get it to work again.

Pros

• built to last

Cons

• poor battery
  • crashes/freezes
  • small memory

Challenger7
posted on 20 Sep 2014, 03:55 (Posts: 0; Member since: 20 Sep 2014)

My first smartphone

Challenger7 has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

I had the inspire as my first smart phone and I was happy for the long run. Near the end of its life, it really started to slow down and freeze and lock a lot. But all in all, it was a great first starting phone and I will always rememebr it.

Build quality 10/10 Durable, and will be fine after many drops
Reception 8/10 Noticed low signal frequently
Call quality 9/10 Delivered what I needed
Internet 8/10 4g? It didnt feel like it sometimes. But for the msot part I was satidfied
Multimedia 10/10 Micro SD, nuff said
Camera 10/10 At the time, 8mp was amazing
Text input 7/10 Froze a lot, anyone else have this problem
Display 7/10 Not the best
Battery 3/10 Very short battery life

Pros

• durable
  • good camera
  • Fast

Cons

• Froze a lot
  • Slowed down in it's later years
  • Restarts randomly
  • Bad battery life

wingzebra
posted on 19 Jun 2014, 18:36 (Posts: 0; Member since: 19 Jun 2014)

Inspire

wingzebra has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

One of the worst phones I've owned. After my wonderful HTC Vivid's screen shattered and aux input quit working on me, I decided to get this Inspire to hold me over til my upgrade. Going from Vivid to Inspire is like going back in time. The battery life is almost non-existent, the camera is pretty awful (photos will blur due to slow shutter,) the single core processor is very noticeable! The phone glitches constantly: randomly restarting on its own, freezing up and causing me to remove battery (not an easy feat,) apps freeze and shut down on their own, too. Resolution isn't the best. This phone is durable for the most part. The buttons for volume control did break off (but I'm sure having to constantly fiddle with the battery cover played a big part in that.) Speaker phone is quiet, media volume is quiet, alarm is loud.

Everyday usage 5/10 If you don't mind it randomly crashing, restarting, freezing, or glitching out.....
Battery 1/10 drains at about 1% per minute. I always have a phone charger on me so that I am able to keep it charged.

Pros

• durable

Cons

• bad camera
  • glitchy
  • freezes
  • restarts itself
  • does this thing even have a battery?!
  • slow
  • bad connectivity
  • touch screen glitches out

schifferisabel
posted on 30 May 2014, 13:31 (Posts: 0; Member since: 30 May 2014)

About My Awesome HTC!!

schifferisabel has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I havent had this phone for long and like most of my phones its a hand me down but i'm impressed. The phone looks like its been put to good use and yet it is in near perfect working condition. It is fast to respond, apps dont hang and as a result i can have go launcher and go locker installed and they work wonderfully, the camera is amazing, to say the least, it has adequate internal memory as i am not one to store tons of data on my phone (they invented hard drives for that), the resolution makes my gaming wallpapers look great, my games run smoothly and the size is great for watching videos.

Its the first smartphone that i personally feel like it was made for me. I noticed after using an LG and Samsung S3 that i took the HTC shortcuts in the notifications section for granted. The touch is also amazing and the screen is so smooth in a way that other smartphones arent. The SRS and Dolby functionalities work great with my headphones and speakers

Though as great as this phone is, it has a few flaws..its a bit heavy, sometimes when im typing, theres a dead spot on the screen and i cant type that letter and finally, there is no 4G where i live. i originally got this phone from my brother who lives in the US, i had no idea that it doesnt have a 3G functionality. Also, the battery doesnt last very long. Then again its a third hand phone. I would advise anyone buying a new phone to opt for a HTC, whatever model. Its an awesome gadget!!

GhostPerk77
posted on 15 Dec 2012, 15:22 (Posts: 0; Member since: 15 Dec 2012)

My Review on Inspire 4G (still have it :P)

GhostPerk77 has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

Hello people and this is my quick review on the astonishing and well done work of the phone Inspire 4G. To start off, lets go with the CONS. Battery, somehow sucks. So i suggest to NOT leave it with FULL brightness all day. Second, don't use it all day, like any smart phone, it overheats and thats not good for your phone. So if you like talk alot by the phone, get a Mic that you can plug in and talk, holding the phone with your left shoulder its not a good option while cooking in the kitchen. IT'S A SMARTPHONE for god f****** sakes. (That one is for the smart asses). Third, if your its rooted, and you want to Screen Record, it's not a good option becuase recording in HQ with that app will result lagginess.(only me or you guys too?) Finally, ROOTING IT ITS NOT A PROBLEM, what comes after is. That would be that your phone might have Audio problems. So, its up to you to fix it and do whatever you wan't to do with it.(Yes,there is way's to fix it :P) Now with the PROS. Every single thing i haven't say that it's about this phone, it's A BRILLIANT artwork from Da Vinci like the Mona Lisa. God damn what a phone !!! Simple for us, just like us :)

• Multimedia
  • Graphical
  • No screen scratches

• Not "ALL" for gaming
  • Audio Bugs and Problems after chaging ROMS
  • Screen Recording

JohnFredy
posted on 17 Jul 2012, 04:51 (Posts: 0; Member since: 17 Jul 2012)

Must Have Phone..

JohnFredy has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I have it for two weeks and has been excellent.

Everything described in the description of the phone is what I saw. An excellent phone, from applications to the release has been wonderful.I can do more with this phone than with a iPhone. This phone does it all - almost. a great screen large enough to show movies with great definition. the camera and video camera both are great. The programs and applications offered are just amazing. The programs and responsiveness are good. You don't have to wait forever for applications to load up. I recommend it.

I purchased it on Amazon : http://bit.ly/HTCInspire4G.

Poorboymz3
posted on 07 Jul 2012, 20:57 (Posts: 0; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)

My best phone so far

Poorboymz3 has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

Im rooted, and use a lot of hardware intensive roms so it can get laggy, but other then that its a great phone in every repect. Coming from a G1, when it first came out. Then I had a My touch3g slide, my last pone was a G2. I love HTC, all great phones, but this one outshines them all by miles, espeically the camera.

Text input 8/10 I had to install swype....

• Screen and clarity
  • Performance when not killing it with apps.

Cons

• Performance when REALLY putting it through its paces
  • Sence, it's horrible. This phone needs a launcher or root.

candykillz
posted on 01 Apr 2012, 03:31 (Posts: 4; Member since: 31 Mar 2012)

I really hate this phone :(

candykillz has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

Not sure if its just my inspire, but Ive had more problems with this phone then Ive ever had with any other phone. It freezes constantly where I have to take the battery out. I also get dead spots on the phone all the time, especially during texting. Apps run really slow and UI is laggy. The screen is really nice thouh and I love the look of it, its just missing the reliability I had with my iphone 4.

metalmilizia
posted on 19 Feb 2012, 14:29 (Posts: 0; Member since: 19 Feb 2012)

HTC Inspire (not) 4G

metalmilizia has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

To start, when I got the phone in May 2011 they told me that when 4G LTE was available, the phone would connect. This is not the case, the phone runs a HSPA+ radio and is now marketed as HTC Inspire 4G*. 4G is available in my area seeing as how my fiancees Atrix 2 4G connects to it.
The phone itself, when left stock, is a ok phone. The sense interface is bad. Battery life while all the stock apps are running in the background is poor. Task managers do not seem to help. I would not purchase again.
Since I rooted the phone and flashed a custom rom, the phone and been great. I flashed an ICS rom and my battery life has greatly improved and so did the reception. Rooting will void your warranty PERFORM AT OWN RISK!!!

Build quality 8/10 Solid Phone
UI speed 3/10 HTC Sense is terrible
Everyday usage 5/10 Stock usage is bad
Text input 7/10 Stock keyboard is ok, I use SwiftKey X
Display 9/10 Good Display
Battery 5/10 Battery is ok when phone is left stock.

Pros

Cons

• Reception
  • HTC Sense(less)
  • No front face camera
  • Music Player
  • Not actually 4G

metalmilizia alternatives:

elzzabeth
posted on 27 Jan 2012, 18:51 (Posts: 1; Member since: 27 Jan 2012)

My Inspire is my baby.

elzzabeth has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I've had the inspire 4G for maybe... 7 to 10 months. I currently am on my second Inspire as my first one suffered a huge screen crack, and then was eventually dropped into a toilet (there's turning 21 for you). However, I've become addicted to my smartphone. I am a huge fan of HTC's products because of this phone. They simply make a good reliable phone. I won't lie, I first got this phone and it was kind of awkward. I mean, the huge screen you need to get used to, the camera lens that sticks out of the back (which i'd recommend getting a nice silicone cover, that thing is bound to get scratched up otherwise). But all in all I'm way too happy with this phone to complain. I'm gonna keep talking nice about HTC so long as this phone is still my baby, which at this rate it looks like it's gonna be for quite some time.

Build quality 10/10 I pretty much NEVER have mechanical problems with my Inspire.
Internet 9/10 AT&T's 4G is spotty in my area, and usually I'm only getting their 3G speeds, but the phone processes quickly enough for me to surf the web easily. Only way I could love surfing on this phone more is if I could nab Verizon 4G speeds, but c'mon.
Camera 10/10 The 8mp camera on this phone is amazing! On the display, just about any picture I take has amazing quality. Also, love how easily I can take a picture and upload it to facebook literally in 3 quick taps.
UI speed 9/10 The 1GHz processor is insane on this phone. On rare occasion I can notice it getting a little sketchy, but I've never had problems with the phone freezing up.
Everyday usage 10/10 This phone is literally always on me. I use it for everything.
Text input 8/10 Thank God for the amazing auto-correct for the spelling on this thing, because it's really easy to put in the wrong words on this thing. Considering it's all touch screen, though, it flows really nicely.
Display 10/10 4.3... that's all that needs to be said. This phone is a beast.
Battery 9/10 Can easily make this last me a whole day.

Pros

• the 4.3" display
  • fast processor
  • awesome camera
  • easy to do anything

Cons

• fun trying to type a long text

yt6nin
posted on 16 Nov 2011, 17:50 (Posts: 100; Member since: 16 Nov 2011)

My First HTC Android Smartphone! =)

yt6nin has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

It has been 5+ months owning this phone, but I totally love this phone ever since upgrading. When I got this red smartphone, it was quite cheap, ($30 @ Radio Shack), and I managed to get it. I love the Sense UI, but now Sense 3.5 is what I dearly want. I have read reviews and heard stories of how bad some aspects of this phone are, such as, mentioned by other owners, that the battery life is quite short (HTC Android's tend to not last as long as we want them too...) and especially the battery cover problem. The guy at Radio Shack selling me the phone along with another employee who owned one had so much trouble just popping open the battery cover. Indeed, it is quite troublesome, and not thought out well, but with some practice, one can get the task done. I love the red, aluminum body design, and the large 4.3" screen, but the glare from sunlight is a problem for me. My friend has a Samsung smartphone and he easily was able to proceed on with his tasks on his phone under direct sunlight while I was either trying to find shade and continue with my tasks or squint my eyes to see what I was staring at. Reception, call quality, typing (texting inclusive), camera/camcorder use, were great in my opinion, with a few things to complain about in each category, but they may be variable, and may be minor to the other things to point out. For Internet, I absolutely despised the stock browser, since it was both slow and way to minimalistic, skipping out on a few major features to have on a...

Build quality 10/10 I absolutely love the metal body, especially holding the phone in my hands with a plastic or rubber case. I have yet to drop the phone without a case (I think), and I would not like to in the near future, unless I'm due for an upgrade. The red body color is also nice, something different from black, brown, and white exterior colors, often found in the market.
Reception 10/10 When there are bars, the reception is just wonderful. Right now, living in the dorm on campus, I still get around 2~3 bars max, rarely 4, when in the room, but sometimes I can't seem to receive calls, while other times they come through. Outside on the campus, 5 bars everywhere, and I wish it's just like that within the rooms.
Call quality 10/10 I have been using the headphones with mic ever since having this phone, that I can't really comment on call quality without it. From what I recall (those very few times using the phone without the headphones), the call quality was great even inside the dorm room.
Internet 10/10 I absolutely hate the stock browser and it should just die. Instead, I use Dolphin Browser HD, which is absolutely my favorite, must-have apps on the phone. Made the internet experience so much better, filling in those holes made by having used the stock browser, "Internet"... -_-
Multimedia 10/10 I like the stock music player, but doesn't have flac compatibility, so I had to install PowerAmp and use that instead (I have some music that happens to be flac...) PowerAmp actually made the music experience on the phone even better, where I can take more control of the music with my headphones. I have the Skullcandy 50/50 headphones and as some people may know, the track control besides play and pause were useless (i.e., previous and next). The volume control capabilities on the headphones are
Camera 9/10 Only negative feedback with the camera is that the images look pix-elated on the screen, before taking, and even so after taking pictures. The ambient light sensor does a great job recognizing the environment I'm in, as from what I experienced, and the pictures overall look nice (despite the pixels, and not-the-clearest pictures). As for the camcorder, they did a great job on this part. I feel like the videos recorded are quite magnificent, despite being 720p. Overall, the user interface for bot
UI speed 10/10 I personally feel that the phone is quite responsive, the sliding of screens from side-to-side is smooth, but still a little choppy, but love the pinch on any launcher screen to display all 7 screens, then be able to rearrange the screens or even select any of them from there. But going back to the question, the UI speed is pretty impressive for what it can do.
Everyday usage 10/10 Being my first Android and HTC smartphone, it makes my everyday task, if not most of my tasks easier to accomplish, having apps for voice control, better web-browsing capabilities than my previous phone, times for gaming, it's indeed a small, computer-like device, satisfying or even spoiling my needs. I can pretty much do a lot of things, that without such a phone, I will feel really behind and left with a huge hole, that only another smartphone will be able to fill.
Text input 10/10 Problems that would be with texting, would be with my fingers, being a little too big even for the landscape typing, often inputting the letter around the one I wanted to press. The screen is large enough to accommodate most fingers, would be more content if my fingers were a little bit smaller, otherwise I would have to awkwardly press the letters. Nothing wrong with the phone.
Display 9/10 only problem with the large 4.3" is the difficulty to view under direct light, or even sunlight, due to glare. That's where Samsung attracts me, to there Super AMOLED displays.
Battery 8/10 The battery on the phone, obviously depending on the amount of use (light, medium, or heavy) can change how often one would need to have it charging, but for me, even under medium use, I would definitely need to charge the phone, at times in the evening, and it will finish charging around midnight, or a little later when I go to sleep. Uses for web-browsing mostly with Wi-Fi (don't have unlimited data plan and I live on campus with a lot of places with Wi-Fi), listening to music and, some textin

Pros

• Large screen
  • Responsive
  • Fast H+ Speed/Connectivity
  • Sense UI
  • THE FACT THAT IT'S AN ANDROID
  • Multitasking
  • Talk&Surf (Yes, this phone can, I did it once and even looked it up for proof, iPhone aren't the only smartphones on AT&T w/such convenience)

• No Front-facing camera
  • The volume rocker and the power buttons can be sticking out a little bit more...
  • Glare under especially under sunlight...
  • The Annoying-MUST-PAY-2-USE AT&T Bloatware

ested23
posted on 25 Sep 2011, 14:51 (Posts: 0; Member since: 25 Sep 2011)

ested23 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

Love This Phone! Its serves it's purpose as a smartphone plus more. I have no complaints. The battery life is the only weakness that the phone has. Oh! One more thing....lacks a front facing camera, but that's a VERY minor issue! Everything else is GREAT! I would recommend this phone to buy!

James J G
posted on 13 Jul 2011, 04:01

My first smartphone

James J G has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

For the most part this has been a very pleasant experience. My biggest complaint is I have to charge it every night, but I do use it pretty extensively. Other than that there's the whole deal about AT&T blocking 3rd party apps and not letting you uninstall their crap, but it hasn't been bugging me much.

Pros

• Looks Great
  • Big Screen
  • Fast Hardware

• Speaker Volume
  • AT&T Bloatware

Yea That
posted on 30 Jun 2011, 22:03

Htc Inspire 4G~

Yea That has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I Have The Htc Aria , It Similar To The Htc Inspire , The Only Thing Different Is That Its 4g . I Am About To Get It But The Only Thing About The Phone That I Wnna Know Is That Can You Talk Face To Face Like The IPhone , Cause ' Its A Little Camera In The Front Of The Phone ( I Think ) , So Can You Talk Face To Face ?
Yes Or No

Jeradiah3
posted on 22 Jun 2011, 23:23 (Posts: 1008; Member since: 11 Feb 2010)

Inspire vs Atrix...Winner is the Inspire

Jeradiah3 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

I chose the inspire over the Atrix because of screen size, FM Radio, and everyday use.

Since i have the AT&T 2GB data plan, I know that if i had the Atrix, I would be using the phone alot more which means that I'd go over the limit every month. Plus I wanted the Atrix as a computer replacement, but the labtop dock is over $300 and I can get a regular labtop for that price

The screen was another reason to go with the Inspire because im a big man (6'7" 235lbs) and I need a bigger phone for internet, video and gaming (BIG Angry birds player lol)

Despite the battery, I like what the phone has to offer and i like HTC as a company. They make good phones and they stand behind their product. After installing Swype on my phone and the fact that the FM radio doesnt go against the data plan, its even more versatile than the day i bought it. AT&T has released 3rd party apps which makes this phone as noticeable as its counterparts (EVO 4G and Thunderbolt)

If you are looking for a good 4G smartphone starter phone, the inspire is the way to go

• Internet Speed
  • User interface
  • FM Radio
  • Multimedia

• Live Wallpaper Inconsistent sometimes

Jeradiah3 alternatives:

Markem
posted on 25 May 2011, 11:29

The phone that beat the iphone......

Markem has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

This phone has everything a person who likes to personalize their phone wants. The display is immaculate, and the touch response is superb. But the deal maker for this one is the price. $99.00 for a two year contract from att easily makes this the best bang for your buck from any cell phone carrier. The phone is easy to use for new android users and has yet to disappoint. The battery isn't as bad as people are saying, it just drains if you are on the phone constantly watching media or the internet. Overall a great phone. Thank you HTC

CMAN32
posted on 25 May 2011, 11:21

From Samsung to THIS!

CMAN32 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Overall this phone is great. From the display, to the performance it is quite flawless. The call clarity is crystal clear, and the speed of the phone has yet to be matched. But the thing that makes this phone is HTCs user interface, and the display. The screen is big, beautiful and you just can't get enough of it. Overall a great phone.

Pros

• Everything...literally

Cons

• Battery if over used

Danzuran
posted on 25 May 2011, 09:53

Danzuran has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

This phone is great. I have no issues with it so far except the battery life is pretty bad, just have to find the perfect settings For some reason I have the ability to allow unknown sources but nobody else's phones apparently can. Please email me if you also have this ability.
danzuran@gmail.com

• Call quality

Billy D. Singh
posted on 23 May 2011, 00:19

Awesome Phone!

Billy D. Singh has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I got this to replace my Captivate. I really didn't think it would so easy to transition to a larger screen, (4.3") but now I cannot imagine going back to a 4". The Inspire 4G runs Android 2.2.1, which is Froyo. The software is super snappy and responsive, and runs on HTC's Sense platform, which is loads better than TouchWiz on the Samsung.

I cannot say much about AT&T 4G network, as 4G is really more of a marketing gimmick, but the internet does seem a tad faster and syncing taking slightly less time to do. Yes, the Inspire does come with some AT&T bloatware, but it seems less than the Samsung; HTC also has a ton of apps preloaded, but most are actually useful. For example, HTC has a store of sorts where you can download ringtones and wallpapers; reminds me of the old AT&T Medianet.

The Inspire also has a notification LED next to the speaker grill, which is a nice touch; very Blackberry-esque. The charging port is on the bottom and is unrestricted, so any microUSB cable should work. All in all, this is a great phone and one of the best Android phones on AT&T right now.

*** PS. IF you're looking for this HTC Inspire 4G I suggest at: www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004KZP3WQ/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=phonearena.com-20&linkCode=as2&camp=217145&creative=399349&creativeASIN=B004KZP3WQ

Pros

• Larger screen is very nice
  • Fast processor
  • The software is super snappy and responsive
  • 8Mp camera is quite good and photos look great on the larger screen
  • Feels super solid in your hand
  • 2nd Gen snapdragon is fast. Not dual core fast, but fast

Cons

• No front facing camera
  • You have to uncripple the radio if you want HSUPA speeds
  • Battery cover is difficult to remove

bleee222
posted on 17 Apr 2011, 18:38

great phone!!!!

bleee222 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

barley had this phone and it is great you would not expect this phone to be so great. i was waiting for the samsung infuse but it took long so i got the htc inspire great choice. i would recommend this to anybody who loves android just has a little problem with the battery life but not that bad.

in2geo
posted on 11 Apr 2011, 23:52

Lots of smart, not much phone

in2geo has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

This is a great little computer. When you have to actually make a phone call, this "phone" sucks. Nobody can hear me when I'm talking to them. It's extremely frustrating. The sound volume doesn't seem to have a high enough setting and the speaker sucks on this "phone". I just switched from Verizon and I'm not too thrilled at this point. The rest of my family is on AT&T so I am kinda stuck.

Pros

• beautiful display, android OS

Cons

• terrible outgoing call quality
  • slow internet speeds
  • crappy battery life

KeepItMovin
posted on 29 Mar 2011, 09:28 (Posts: 0; Member since: 29 Mar 2011)

Just Might Make the Cut

KeepItMovin has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

The phone is exceptional. I did have network problems within my first 7 days, but the device and new calling plan may keep me on. The design is very nice, ATT made it their own and it does not look like another carrier's copy cat phone. This may be the smallest footprint of a 4.3 inch display. It's thin and sleek, but durable feeling. The reception has been nice, the internet has been nice, although speeds have not been that of VZW's new 4G.

Call quality 8/10 Very good call quality. People understood me and I understood them. V
Text input 8/10 Should have come with SWYPE pre installed.
Battery 9/10 Lasts 12 to 14 hours. That's either good for some people or not good for others.

Pros

• Everything Else

Cons

• AT&T (network)
  • Lack of REAL 4G

brett012405
posted on 28 Mar 2011, 20:33 (Posts: 5; Member since: 11 Mar 2011)

AWESOME PHONE!

brett012405 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Hello all! I just bought this phone today and so far it is AWESOME! Love the 4.3" screen! I went from an iPhone 4 actually. I like this phone better! Can easily sync to your iTunes library and have songs transfered! Phone is built well has a nice feel to it and screen is nice and bright!

Battery 7/10 Battery life tends to not be as good on Android phones...But thats what happens when you have a 4.3" screen!

Pros

• BIG SCREEN!
  • NICE CAMERA/CAMCORDER!
  • Feels durable compared to most phones

Cons

• Battery life a little low but not horrible

nyamo
posted on 19 Mar 2011, 02:27 (Posts: 274; Member since: 19 Mar 2011)

great phone, bargin price

nyamo has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

its a solid little phone that has pretty good reception in my area. though that may be a network issue more than hardware for my location. the camera is pretty good. somewhat poor in low light, and i don't like how it sticks out so far when laying flat on a surface (but a case does help if you can find one) for the short while i did use sense UI it was quick and snappy with no fc issues. t9 is pretty good at fixing errors and the screen makes it easy to text even if you have spongebob square fingers. display is nice but kills your battery. though easily solved by turning the display settings down.
over all i did like this phone, though it had too many restrictions through ATT. just root and flash and i haven't had a single thing to comlain about since. also the H+ is misleading since i am not even in a HSUPA area

UI speed 5/10 do not use sense UI

Pros

• screen size

Cons

• speaker volume

JDroid11
posted on 18 Mar 2011, 13:55

HTC Inspire is an awesome device!!!

JDroid11 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

This is definitely one of the better android handsets on the At&t network. I upgraded to the Inspire from a Samsung Captivate. I must say that the HTC Inspire outdoes the Captivate in every way possible. The device is extremely fast. The UI is very customizable as all devices running sense usually are. Call quality is excellent on the Inspire. I have not had any issues with dropped calls or anything of that nature. Surprisingly, for a 1200 mAh battery, the device holds a pretty decent charge. I am usually able to go a full day on a single charge, and I am a moderate to heavy user. The build quality is also outstanding. You can definitely tell that this phone is designed well, and made with premium materials. It is also on the heavier side, which I prefer. Overall, this is one of the best devices that I have had the pleasure of owning. If you are looking to upgrade to a new phone, I would keep this one in mind.

Pros

• Good call quality
  • Fast UI
  • Good battery life
  • HTC Sense
  • Strong build quality

Cons

• None from my personal experience

Buy This Phone