HTC Imagio User Reviews

posted on 01 Jul 2010, 23:33

don't buy the imagio

i've had this phone for about 7 months now and i would not suggest it to anyone.  I bought this phone for its global capabilities but I should have went with the second generation storm.  The battery on the phone is terrible, I can barely get through half a day on a full charge.  The phone also has issues with displaying a new text message notification however there is no new text message.  I had to find a program online to override and correct the htc error.  The phone is also very slow and lags constantly on me. it takes about a good 30seconds to bring up any of my text messages.  And when you receive a text message the phone freezes for another 30 seconds until the incoming text message is processed.   I thought these issues might be due to lack of memory but i have a 8gb memory card in my phone. yet again another htc error i found out online.  finally, my phone has recently been restarting the htc launchFLO every time i send or receive a text message and i have yet to figure out what is causing that problem.  The problems with this phone seem to keep stacking up.  Dont buy the htc imagio

BleedingEdge
posted on 22 Mar 2010, 16:37

OK, keeping it...

I've agonized over this for 30 days now; scrutinized specs and read reviews, rants and utter ravings.
I've been a long time Windows Mobile (aka PPC) user and know the platform, tweaks, hacks and now ROM flashes. I really wanted to like the Droid. If I were a big Linux fan I'd probably be all over it. If I were a Mac fan-maybe. No way do I want to go through the 'waiting for the product to mature' issues like DRM hassles, having to root the phone just to install apps on the SD card instead of internal RAM, and waiting for programs that actually sync with Windows-not just import/export data. My phone not just a phone, it's my laptop's sidekick. It carries information I want and use when my laptop is not around, and it does a great job of it - PhatNotes, eWallet, ListPro and OneNote mobile to name a few, not to mention Outlook (stand-alone, not exchange server). It's now mid-March and in six months Android is still dealing with kludgy work-arounds on Outlook. The hardware is sweet, I must say (wish I could dual-boot WinMo on it). Even so there are times I want to use a stylus- like zooming out spreadsheets or databases. Or wearing gloves in colder weather. Capacitive screens don't wok that way-unless you want to use one of those ridiculous sausage stylii that have recently appeared on some websites (really). The BlackBerry is too 'Corporate'  and stigmatized for my taste, and the Pre... Well VZW is pulling the promotional plug on the Pre, and Palm is...

vegasVerizonguy
posted on 24 Feb 2010, 19:24

It's ok, but frustrating

Ok I'm going to knock on this phone a lot but I'm going to add some critizism with evidence unlike the "junk" guy below.This phone is not junk, it's just really lacking. As an acutal phone, it's great! Call are a thousand times clearer than my old Venus. The layout of the phone with the TouchFLO and just generally where everything is located is easy to find and navigate. Calender/planner is well thought up and the home screen with the weather and time looks cool and is functional. This phone would be awesome, if it worked all the time.My microSD card got stuck in there the first week, the OFF button is broke in the first month (bought in 10-2009), and the media player randomly either skips or just stops working for days on end and then suddenly decides to work again. Now the thing that really bothers me the most is the Internet or the lack thereof. It doesn't matter what site i go to on this thing, i get an error saying out of memory and the browser just shuts down. It's so frustrating. What's the point of having an internet capable phone when you can't go on the internet? Whenever i run any programs it will say that i'm out of memory and say to close other programs to make room, even if there are none.Also the App selection is aweful. Windows OS phones have nothing on Apple or Android. Bing works pretty well on this phone but if you try to use GPS forget it cuz it takes ten minutes to do anything and turn by turn just doesn't work along with visual voicemail. I got visual VM...

Pros

• Calendar, General Layout, Call Quality, Battery Life

Cons

• Functionality of the: Apps, Internet, Media Player, face buttons, back panel removal (nearly impossible).

Alison
posted on 18 Jan 2010, 09:56

I'm having a good time.

It was a rocky road to start to be honest  as this was not my first choice in phone.   The motorola droid was where I wanted to go but I needed an onscreen keyboard I could use my nails to type with and I saw all the good reviews here and thought I would give it a shot.  I can't put it down all day now, I've got my rss feeds, music, movies, facebook and my wonderful camera.  I took my first trip to ny forgetting my digital camera at home and I did not miss it at all pictures came out phenomenal. It is fast and snappy, and wonderful.  Now I will admit my tech boyfriend did a couple of tweaks to it but it is truely a all-in-one solution.

Pros

• Connectivity, verizon coverage, zoom feature, screen, multimedia... could do this all day.

Cons

• Have to reboot once a week.

VZW customer
posted on 22 Dec 2009, 18:16

IMAGIO Great Phone

IMAGIO JUNK!!!!!!! I dont think so fella. Better do your research on coverage cause you will find much more coverage with vzw than you would with sprint not to mention a much better phone line up. Why the heck would you leave a great carrier over a phone anyways and have you stopped to think that perhaps maybe it was a DUD phone or maybe it was just the user. Now I will give you the benefit of the doubt that maybe in your specific area, sprint may have better coverage than vzw. But let me give you some facts on that. Did you know that in order to put up a cell tower that it must get approved by the city. That means higher taxes in some area which needs approval by you and I the customer. Also vzw may not have the license agreement to place a cell tower in your area due to FCC reasons. (Could potentially cause a monapoly). Trust me when it comes to money, vzw invest nearly 1 billion dollars per month in there network.

rkling
posted on 16 Dec 2009, 15:38 (Posts: 0; Member since: 16 Dec 2009)

Imagio

I bought the Verizon Imagio the day it came out. Generally, I love the phone. Great quality, ease of use, etc. I have three criticisms: the Microsoftware "apps" icons in the start menu on the Touch Flo screen are limited to 30, and on the non Touch Flo screen can't be moved to where you want them. I installed the third party Pocket Plus program which is usable on the Today screen which allows for unlimited icons and placement. Second: the battery life isn't great.  Third: the camera could use a flash.

Pros

• design; sound quality, ease of use

Cons

• Limited moveability of Touch Flo Start Menu icons;
  • no camera flash;
  • battery life.

Reectisticus
posted on 06 Dec 2009, 20:30

Perfect

This phone does everything I want it to do and more.  Bluetooth stereo is perfect.  Anyone want an ipod?  This is my all and one device.  It wish it were a woman I would date it.  Listen people, if you want an mp3 player, a loptop, a pda, a phone, just a complete device this is a no brainer.  Best device on the market.

Pros

• Music Player, connectivity, customizations, beauty, slimness, battery life, screen.

Cons

• None yet.

dirtyjharry
posted on 06 Dec 2009, 18:15

IMAGIO JUNK!!!!!!!

Let me start off by saying this is BIGGEST PICE OF JUNK I HAVE EVER OWNED.total garbage!!!! where should I start touch screen works only about half of the time phone supposedly has to have 3g coverage to work tech cant deside on that  on top of that verizon does not offer 3g coverage in my area but false advertise that they do  come to find out that if you want to have 3g you have to be pushed over to Alltel  also come to find out that verizon is not going to offer that coverage in this area till summer 2010 WHAT IS UP WITH THAT VERIZON? let me say I am going back to sprint!

Pros

Cons

• verizon wireless
  • garbage phone

Brian
posted on 22 Nov 2009, 11:05

BEST HTC Phone EVER...

I have been waiting to purchase this phone for months, and I am not disappointed. Phone feels well built siting in your hand and with all the features this phone has.... It's by far "The Best" The camera is awesome... 5MP and photos are crip and clear....

Pros

• Feel - Semi Soft Rubber case.... Today layout - Not scattered like some phones. Camera - Take crisp, sharp & clear photos.

Cons

• Battery Life... Sorry HTC....

markycsd
posted on 19 Nov 2009, 16:09

Great phone BUT DayLight Savings Issues

Great phone in all aspects, but when we came off DST on Oct 31 all past appointments and any appointments made after we go back to DST in March of 2010 are OFF BY AN HOUR!  I sync wireless with our Exchange Server and the data on the server is correct, unless I enter a new appointment on the device after that March 2010 date and it shows as being off a hour also.  HTC has no FIX and nor does Verizon.  Is anyone else having this problem, you might want to check or show up late for that important meeting next year!!!

Pros

• Great phone

Cons

• DayLight Savings Issues with software!!!

RodThaBod
posted on 01 Nov 2009, 08:04

Very good but........

I have had this phone for about three weeks now. I am still learning. The pros and cons will be as follows. The pros: the camera is as good as it gets. It takes pictures as well and any camera on the market. The touch screen is very impressive as well. Great size ( a little bigger than the IPhone ). Very user friendly. If you have good computer knowledge , you will be fine. Just have patients. On 3g network , pages load nicely. Cons: battery is not as great as I would like. If you use it a lot , get the extended battery. Would also like more memory. Not built for power users either. Another thing that is a draw back is the lack of buttons on the side. You have a volume button on the side and that is it. I would like buttons on the side like a dedicated camera button and maybe a speaker button. In closing , this phone is very good. I have read many posts talking bad about Windows Mobile 6.5 ( I think some people just plain hate Windows ) so I am not going to bash them. I have no problems with Windows.

Pros

• Camera , display , user friendly , internet

Cons

• not enough dedicated buttons on the side , not enough memory , would like more than a 500mghz processor. would like more battery life.

Sweeny
posted on 29 Oct 2009, 17:43

Argueably Best Mobile Device available in US

I have had the imagio since the day of its release, a little of 2 weeks now.  I upgraded from a touch pro which I finally completely got the way I wanted it (now my girlfriend gets to enjoy it).  This device is the by far the best windows mobile device on the market right now.  HTC has always done a good job but they really went all out for this one.  Let me explain to you why I like it so much.

The touch screen is brilliant, beautiful and perfectly sensitive.  The TFLo ui allows you to effortlessly flick your way between all of the phones features.  It is an impressive looking device and the light sensor and gsensor work perfectly together to give you total command over functions inluding: screen rotate (with small program available in all screens rotation), close active windows, activate speaker phone (lay face down), and turn off the screen when pressed up to your cheek.  Verizon TV, you tube, and movies look perfect on imagio's large display.  Windows 6.5 has really been tweaked for performance so imagio seamlessly runs through apps.  I have on picture of my girlfriend on my laptops background and when I tell people I took it with my phone they really don't believe me.  Tflo 3d is beautiful and snappy.  And unlike iphone os, andriod, or palm offers everything you need in the interface so theirs no reason to open a bunch of apps saving you time and memory.  MS voice command offers perfect handless operation...

Pros

• Functionality, flexibility, versatility, TFLO, Camera, too much to list.....

Cons

• Afraid all the time to drop it.

Dood
posted on 29 Oct 2009, 11:15 (Posts: 269; Member since: 23 Mar 2009)

Surprised

I swapped out my Curve for this phone.I really liked it, although I wasn't used to a lot of stuff on it. I quickly ran out of memory on it and I have no idea how. I had to reset it to factory settings about 3 days after I got it. Realizing I couldn't put much on it, I stayed away from the Marketplace knowing I would just have to reset it if I downloaded much. What put me over the top was the giant scratch the screen recieved from using the included stylus. It was really fun to use, so I stopped touching the screen, which kept it a lot cleaner. After wiping the screen down with my cleaning cloth after a few hours of non-use(to get those little lint things and what not off it) I went scrolling through the internet and one gentle slid up, it messed up the whole experience for me. I sent it back and I'm waiting for the Droid now. Hope that phone isn't all hype.

Pros

• Great design. Very smooth user interface once you get used to it.

Cons

• Features would have been nice to use if using them didn't take up all the available memory on the phone.
  • Easily (seriously...) scratchable screen

cyberbullet
posted on 27 Oct 2009, 12:07 (Posts: 12; Member since: 27 Apr 2009)

HTC Imagio Answer to the boring handset.

I often tell customers, once you go with a blackberry you never go back. I was nervous to take the plunge back to windows mobile (my last winmo phone being the Omnia). I missed my blackberry tour for about 30 minutes. It was a lot of, I miss this or that about my blackberry, followed by thats so cool. I have tried, and tried to get this phone to lag up. Butit is so responsive. I have had 4-5 applications running at the same time and not even felt a hickup. The design is fantastic. Its practical, and efficient, packed with good software, games, and tools. Syncing my personal information like contacts from my blackberry to my Imagio was a snap. There are actually TOO many sync options on this phone. And that is a good problem to have! Added google sync to my bb tour, then set my Imagio up with active sync exchange server with googles information. Best device verizon has so far.

Pros

• Rev A 3g speeds.
  • Mediaflow (vcast tv)
  • Wi-fi
  • My phone application is fantastic
  • Adding contacts to the SIM card is a snap and an additional safeguard for them
  • 5mp camera takes nearly instant pictures. best speed on a high mp camera i have ever used.

Cons

• Cannot sort ALL contacts by first or last name. defaults to last name.
  • Cannot import Facebook address book directly into device contacts list
  • When plugged into usb with computer cannot use data (turns off for some lame reason)
  • Mobile Broadband connect support for windows 7 not up to date yet.(yay winmo router)

Ive
posted on 22 Oct 2009, 16:01

Imagio...the iphone fix for verizon users

This phone is as close as it gets righ tnow for verizon users to have thier own iphoen version. Its not exactly like the iphone good thing but i really like the htc touch flow program and the new windows mobile 6.5 version. The first thign i had trouble with is using the wireless sync to get my contacts back since i lost my phone and did not save them to my computer. Anyone having issues with this need to use thier phone and go to the website: http://ota.wsync.com. Here you can download the version for htc touch pro 2 since they havent made the one for the imagio as yet. This will allow you to download your contacts and then when they make the version for imagio availble you can update. overall i am very pleased with the phone so far and i think users will be satisfied as well. 2 thumbs up!

Pros

• The Display screen, Features, touch flo program

Guill
posted on 14 Oct 2009, 12:45

Not Bad for now

This phone is not so bad for now, but a lot of updates are needed to make this phone a real threat. Battery life is terrible so you should just buy an extra battery or two until a software update is out there that would hopefully improve that.  App store is so so for now, but is growing so I'm actually pumped about that. This phone has it's pros and cons, alot more fun to use than my blackberry but it doesn't pull info together the same way and I'm still having trouble understanding why my calender isn't linked to my contact info. It seems like for being touted as a business phone, it has a long long way to go. This phone would be great for the average high school or college kid, but if you were looking for an upgrade to a blackberry forget about it.  Until there are some serious software updates that need to be had before this phone will even compete with blackberry.  I wish that I had waited for an android phone or even the storm 2.  Comon windows mobile, don't let me down!

Pros

• Size, screen, response time and overall design

Cons

• Apps, battery and business functionality

posted on 11 Oct 2009, 12:40

It's about time!

What's there to say?  Awesome phone!  It's about time that Verizon started to step up with technically better smart phones!  The display is beautiful, the TouchFlo3D interface is a joy and there's enough power to move through the apps!  bravo!

Pros

• Sleek and solid design; unit feels great in the hand; TouchFlo 3D is great interface (better that WinMo); comes with a stylus (for those "fat finger" moments!;powerful engine

Cons

• none right now

Gevo Lopez
posted on 09 Oct 2009, 02:36

Finally Something worth my time!!!

Ok ive been eyeing hTC phones for a while. I loved the layout and the quality of hTCs products but they were a little too expensive for my taste. After mistakenly replacing my wonderful Dare for a Storm, i nearly lost my faith in Verizon. For the longest time I held on to my upgrade. The phones that Verizon was putting out compared to Sprint and ATT were lame! But i saw this phone on this site and i waited calmly LOL! When i saw i could get the phone for $199.99 i JUMPED!!! I'm pleased to say that the Imagio was worth the wait. Its the quality and ease of the Dare mixed with the simplicity and hi-quality touch screen of the iPhone. Its so easy to text! In my view Apple and Palm may have a new competitor! I love how when a person calls you, it shows what city they are calling from. I love the Internet as well. Its actually the webpage like the iPhone. The Mobile TV is awesome. The video is clear and you can stretch to fit the screen. The WHOLE SCREEN!!! The camera is amazing although it has no flash. :(  But the cell quality is great! The phone has fun games built in and has a pretty good app store for it just starting up. The weather updates are fun and it will update the weather where ever u are standing when u access the weather icon. Or u can choose many another citys! The Email, MMS/SMS box is really futuristic and has a fun interface. The graphics are awesome too! I love my Imagio and u will too. It hits Verizon...

Pros

• Internet, Mobile TV, Touch screen, call quality, Fun Futuristic Interface, camera, Email, NAV, Apps and App Store, Lots of fun ringtones. Bluetooth

Cons

• No Flash on camera. Email is not instant. Its every 5 mins and when u open your inbox.