HTC HD7 User Reviews

Reception8.2/10
Display9.4/10
Build quality9.1/10

Agonnazar
posted on 17 Nov 2012, 08:08 (Posts: 0; Member since: 28 Feb 2010)

It was great when I first got it, but even a master reset didn't bring it back to its previous glory

Agonnazar has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

I thought I would give a Windows phone a try and see how it was. The learning curve isn't too steep coming from Android. Mounting internet difficulties are making me lean away from getting another, though.

Build quality 10/10 This phone is tough. I work in a dirty dusty environment and except for some wear on the corners, it looks just about like it did the day it cam eout of the box.
Reception 10/10 When I am in a good area, it works well
Call quality 8/10 It seems to catch a lot of extraneous noise.
Internet 5/10 I'm having trouble snow. I've had this phone for close to 2 years now, and the wonkiness is building. It won't automatically switch between wi-fi and cellular. SOmetimes the wi-fi shuts off for no reason and will NOT come back on, without a battery pull.
Multimedia 7/10 Great, other than no flash support
Camera 9/10 Takes a good picture in most conditions
UI speed 8/10 It can be touchy from time to time. Some apps take forever to load one time and the next, they pop right up
Everyday usage 8/10 the internet problems keep me from giving this a full 10
Battery 6/10 The battery is starting to fade on me. I have to keep a charger nearby

k.shehab
posted on 26 Dec 2011, 05:33 (Posts: 1; Member since: 26 Dec 2011)

Htc Hd7 the worst mistake

k.shehab has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

it got to many problem and problems and it gets bigger if you are out of the us or some countries in Europe and specially for application and Zune account are hell of a problem ok and u can't run java application on it and can't tell you the facebook application on it how it effective the worst ever you can in top of all these disadvantages you can't watch movies unless you convert them :@@@@ wtf it's a stupid phone not smart phone

Multimedia 4/10 I put it because u can't download application that you should pay in any country you should be in the us or 5 or 6 other countries
Camera 7/10 you need always to restore the intial settings so the camera works well
Everyday usage 5/10 overall its good in notes and calendar and in late the month it got whatsapp other than that its wothless
Text input 7/10 it just take english and no other languages
Battery 3/10 its already bad and when I got 3g connection it don't last than 5 6 hours max even if i don't use it

Joebert
posted on 06 Jul 2011, 22:05

I like it overall

Joebert has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I'm very happy with this phone overall. Occasionally the sound will skip during a message tone or email tone if the screen is locked, which is kind of embarrassing. I really don't care for the kickstand considering the aftermarket case I got has a clip on it that doubles as it's own kickstand. I love the live tiles feature, I hope Microsoft sticks with that for new versions of Windows.

Build quality 9/10 I have a case with a clip on the side, so I can't really say that the feel is "perfect". I've dropped it twice, and the aftermarket case just pops off. The phone survives. It's survived two drunken escapades with me, and I have no idea what I put it through during both of them...
Reception 9/10 Best reception on a phone I've had with t-mobile in the 10 years I've been with them.
Call quality 9/10 Seems a little quiet at times, but it's likely due to the fact that my screen protector covers the speaker/mic.
Internet 10/10 I use the hell out of the Internet on this phone. Loooove being able to connect to Wi-fi networks, it REALLY zooms then.
Multimedia 9/10 Needing to hunt down a Youtube player voa the marketplace kind of sucked.
Camera 10/10 Best camera I've ever had. I'm not really big on cameras though.
UI speed 10/10 I imagine as time goes by and I get used to where everything is I might complain about milliseconds. But the phone has moved as fast as I think so far.
Everyday usage 10/10 I absolutely love the live tiles feature.
Text input 10/10 I can type really fast with this phone. I like the way it automatically shows word suggestions above the keyboard, and automatically fixes obvious misspellings, things like missing apostrophes, and capitalization of words.
Battery 8/10 Considering what the phone does, the battery life isn't that bad. I just wish I could go through an 8 hour work day listening to the radio and browsing without needing to charge partway through the day.

anthony r
posted on 28 Jun 2011, 10:22

phone owner

anthony r has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

After leaving my BlackBerry I was confused about what phone to get next. The windows os caught my eye while reading reviews, and I didn't want to be another drone walking around with an iPhone so I got the HD7. It is by far the best phone I've ever owned, it integrates my work, and personal email and the Microsoft office feature allows me to type documents on the go. The Xbox live feature is another HUGE bonus. This phone is overlooked when thr discussion of "best handheld devices" but its overall size and power makes it a serious contender in my book.

Build quality 10/10 Sturdy build, three buttons on the front buttons do it all, windows home button, search button, and back button

Pros

• phone, easy to use, lots of cool features

Cons

• battery, and standby button is tough to use

max
posted on 17 Jun 2011, 16:51

Truely a Giant

max has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

I have used iphone 4,, andriod x10 but this phone is silky smooth....no hangs...no bugs..best interface...good performance ,,good internet browser,,,,,nice camera...easy to use.
the only problem is that it is quite large in size and its battery timing on 3g is not the best one...but overall it is better than android and iOS.....

Pros

• Nice internet Browsing
  • Awesome Call quality
  • Bugs Free
  • Easy to use
  • Smooth Interface
  • Few but Good apps

Cons

• not the best talk time
  • Xbox games are not free
  • quite large in size (who cares)

Androidluv
posted on 21 Apr 2011, 07:47 (Posts: 65; Member since: 13 Jul 2010)

HTC HD7 Review

Androidluv has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

I have had my eye on this phone since it was released. I got a feel of the OS from the windows phone website but experiencing the OS myself was a totally different experience. It is beautiful. I like the smooth feel of the OS. It is not cluttered and it doesnt have an experimental feel to it. I like the touchscreen keyboard, it is way better in landscape mode. This is my first touchscreen phone and it was a breeze getting used to typing with predictive text. There is a lot of room for improvement, though. It has a dire need for a copy and paste function, especially if you will use the phone as an interim office assistant. The app store could be bigger and I think that you should be able to sync more social activity than just facebook, but keeping in mind that this is a new OS, I think that Microsoft did a good job with the OS in this phone.
Hardware wise, the battery life is not too good. I find that even in standby mode it does not last a full 24 hours, and this is after cycles of draining and fully charging it up. The camera and video camera are good. The call quality of the phone is good. The screen size makes is perfect for watching video on the go. I am not too happy with the lack of expandable memory. Overall, I really like this phone and I am happy that I made the decision to try it out.

Build quality 8/10 The battery cover doesnt feel too secure.
Reception 10/10 It depends on the carrier coverage around you.

msb82
posted on 11 Apr 2011, 14:16

this phone is ok

msb82 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

My hd7 is an ok phone,I mean the apps are pricey and whack!! I really expected more. You can't personalize it. certain apps aren't compatible, you can't download ringtones the screen freezes,the speaker volume is horrible! But the volume for music is ok. The internet sometimes goes really fast and sometimes really slow. The signal isn't very strong when at work,but that's not the phone its the company. But overall its an okay phone.

Joe
posted on 10 Apr 2011, 17:05

The window phone

Joe has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Is a great phone, the camera is not the better and the battery. The window operating is the interesting. Also the speed of the internet is not so fast compared to other phones.
The design is another thing I like its huge screen and 4.3. In overall is a good cell but not the better of htc company.

F.Herrera
posted on 07 Mar 2011, 00:51

Come on Microsoft!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

F.Herrera has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

Phone is good, could and should be alot better. Hopefully Microsoft will soon, sooner than later, come out with a update to clear up the bugs. Screen is nice, the volume is loud, but can become muddy if to loud. The apps are ok, a bit pricey. The biggest problem, dropped calls, may have to due with crummy service provider.

Pros

• Phone is good, it could be alot better. Come on Microsoft!

Cons

• Drops call, probably has to do with SA T-Mobile service.
  • Texting sometmes freezes up, as well as internet service.
  • May have to remove battery to restart, after freeze up.

WildOutAnt
posted on 23 Jan 2011, 00:41

BEST OS YET

WildOutAnt has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

so i got this phone as a birthday gift , i had my eye set out on it for a long time , its just great i love it , usually smart phones dont have good battery life but i listened to music on my phone for a half hour , the battery level hadnt changed a bit , as for my self i go through alot of phones , nexus 1 , samsung vibrant , this may be the phone for me , even though the OS is immature its still great & will get alot better in the future

Pros

• screen, battery , size , kick stand, market place , camera, dual LED Flash, WP7

boof willis
posted on 30 Dec 2010, 01:13

great phone

boof willis has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I love this phone. The more that I use it the more that I love it. But that's not to say its perfect. I think windows phone 7 is simply amazing, especially for a first generation operating system. But there is definitely room for improvement. Bigger app store, more customization options (ringtone, wallpapers, notification, battery and signal bar remains constant) but nothing that won't be fixed in future updates. Overall I highly recommend this phone. Its fast and responsive. I only wish they would have used a slightly newer screen technology like amoled but if you don't compare to other screens it looks great.

Pros

• fast, responsive, makes a good zune player, fantastic games, wp7, texting is easy, fantastic multi-touch, takes amazing pictures in well lit environment. quick and easy to learn, and fun to use.

Cons

• immature operating system (things that can and will most likely be fixed in future updates) slightly ralttly volume rocker, hard to press lock screen button, not the greatest battery life.

cdgoin
posted on 22 Dec 2010, 12:10 (Posts: 369; Member since: 28 Jul 2010)

Nice but a bit big...

cdgoin has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

While a nice phone and I loved WindowsPhone.. I had to send it back. It felt to delicate to me.. I'm hard on phones and could see just breaking the screen by forgetting and putting it in my pocket and sitting down. If it would fit in my pocket.

That said what is its weakness is also its greatest strength, The large 4.3" screen for viewing videos, or emails, etc..

Also I found out after owning it a while I NEED a keyboard.. even withthe big screen inputting on a touch screen doesn't work well for me.

Pros

• Good battery life
  • Windows Phone 7

Cons

• No keyboard
  • Seems a bit too large

cdgoin alternatives:

Agent_Smith
posted on 13 Dec 2010, 20:18

Its Good ...

Agent_Smith has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I'm a smybian user at heart my last 2 phones were the Nokia N900, Nokia E71, and before that I used Windows and Blackberry phones on and off. I like the OS and feel of this New W7. Its simple and in a few swipes you can access email, text messages , calls and music/videos. I'm not an app person i dont get drawn into using apps or downloading them at all but it comes with Windows Marketplace and HTC Marketplace which I'm sure will grow in time. When a phone comes with a search engine (bing is quite useful) it make calls, sync with my blueant s4, make calls, receive emails and text messages and can open just about any doc sent to me and did i mention it makes calls?!? I'm sold.

• UI