HTC HD2 US User Reviews

Camera9.3/10
Display9.5/10
Text input9.5/10

mlhazan
posted on 28 Sep 2011, 16:32 (Posts: 1; Member since: 16 Jul 2011)

Did not like windows but really loved the Android on it

mlhazan has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

Excellent device.You are independent to do what ever you like on it.World's first cell phone where I could install any operating system I want besides IOS.I actually sold my Iphone after installing androind Froyo on it.Really love the device.I used it for 2 yrs.still want to use it but my network provider don't support this phone.I used it with Fido and Wind.

Pros

• I think It was the most powerful device on that time .Superior than all.Still 2 yrs later it can defeat any high end smart phones.2 yrs ago we had this device with 1 ghz processor,1GB Rom, after 2 yrs we still are getting same configured phones so you can thing how it was built.I will always remember this phone.

Cons

• It came with Windows but I overcome it by installing Android :D

Javier
posted on 21 Feb 2011, 21:25

HTC HD2

Javier has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

This is the best phone by far of all of the ones I ever had. I have been a Nokia user for years and at times even samsung. This phone is the best..why?, not because of WM6.5 but because after customizing the room with Froyo 2.2 version HD2 Blutopia, I finally have a phone that is at least as fast as the EVO 4G. I barely have issues with this version. I have friends with the Sprint EVO 4G and they are surprised how my beauty handles T-Mo 4G. It is a monster, super fast, super stable, super customizable, what can I say. If you do not believe me try it yourself second hand in the market and you will find out. Thank you.

Pros

• Speed, durable, easy to navigate, customizable, great call quality.

Cons

• Battery life (use manager with Froyo 2.2), keyboard, display not as good as my Ipod 4 gen.

Art8
posted on 27 Dec 2010, 04:41 (Posts: 0; Member since: 08 Jul 2009)

Very GOOD

Art8 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

one of the best phones. FAST. Like a Small portable computer. Smart Phone. could use a little better software more games.please. good to have . love the specs. good memory. freezes,come on its a small computer. computers freeze but you still needto use them.

HTC HD2 RLZ
posted on 11 Dec 2010, 11:25

BEST

HTC HD2 RLZ has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

This is best phone i have ever had. The screen is more then BIGGG and the OS is BEST. The 1 GHZ snapdragon Chipset is very fast and with 448 mb ram the smartphone fly like a plane. If you want good phone with good OS this phone is for you! At least i dont like camera because its not very good, but this is not cameraphone! THIS IS SMARTPHONEEEEE!

Pros

• 1GHZ Snapdragon
  • 4.3 inches DISLPAY
  • BIG BIG
  • OS WM 6.5 with HTC SENSE

Cons

• CAMERA

elis0167
posted on 24 Sep 2010, 15:58

HTC HD2

This phone is great. It is build sturdy and has a bunch of applications that you can add even before you flash the system. My friend got it before I could and had installed applications that added extra functionality to the phone. Only thing is that it freezes sometimes but there is a work around to this. I have flashed the phone and I am now able to install any game that I can get my hands on that is programmed for windows mobile. I have applications that are even for galaxy phones and android. Not only that but I can also flash this phone to take the run the adroid systems.THIS PHONE IS THE BEST PHONE I'VE EVER HAD, HAVING TOO MUCH FUN WITH IT.

trturner5
posted on 09 Sep 2010, 09:04

Good phone

I had struggled with getting the HTC HD2 but am glad I got it. My son played with the other smartphones at the TMobile store and fell in love with this phone. I had the G1 until someone stole it. I liked the G1 just hated the camera and small screen. I loved the apps that the Droid have which I still miss. I am not a geek or a big phone person so I don't use all the features of my phone. I just use the camera, and phone features to make calls and send messages. I do like the sync capabilities with the MS software. I have my emails come straight to my phone which I like. The Opera internet browser is ok once you get use to it. The internet does works just fine. I really like just want more apps. I have had the phone for 3 mos and still learning how to customize it. Like I said I'm just a regular person who get the phone to make calls but enjoy the extras. It can use some improvements. But I've always learned to ask for help when I have a problem with something cause most times it is user error and not the phone.

Pros

• good camera and video quality
  • great texting and messaging system
  • good software
  • love the sync capabilities

Cons

• Not a lot of apps like the Droids or Iphone

Charles Goin
posted on 31 Aug 2010, 09:14

No comparison Best Phone on the market today

I LOVE My new HD2, no problems at all. I Simply love it.

I needed to replace my 3G Dash, and with all the new phones out there I let the geek in me take control and went and sampled all the phones out there I could fine. After playing with a BB Torch, iPhone, EVO, Motorola Cliq, Droid2, Galaxy and Touch Pro2 to replace my HTC Dash. I ended up sticking with T-mobile and getting the HD2 (Although second place was a T-mobile Touch Pro2..) This is after trying out 30 day trails with other carriers, and changing phones with T-mobile. On average I had each phone about a week or more.

I decided on this phone over:

iPhone - clumsy, uncustomizable without jailbreaking and to be honest plain in comparison. I'm still at a loss why everyone loves this phone.. it seems outdated in many ways.. and not that different from any of the other phones i looked at.

EVO - Although I like the HTC Sense UI, the android OS I found to be buggy and crash a lot

Cliq - HATED the Motorola Blur UI.. really got in the way and wasn't friendly. Maybe if I had a million Facebook friends and wanted a ton of news pushed to my phone it would be OK.. but really didnt like the layout of how it did it either. And again Android crashed a lot.

Droid2 - Phone was really heavy.. while it gave a substantive feel I found it to also make it feel kind of clumsy as well. OH and it crashed a lot. Again not a fan of Motorola Blur and the original Droid I found the screen to be less than responsive.

Galaxy...

Pros

• Light and solid
  • Windows 6.5.5. and HTC Sense UI
  • HUGE Screen
  • Responsive Screen
  • Tethering / Internet sharing built in
  • Windows Mobile Office

Cons

• Speaker phone not as loud as some.. like the Touch Pro 2

passerby2040
posted on 11 Aug 2010, 09:00

Best phone I've owned

I  absolutely love this phone. T-mobile has also been great for the 3 years I've been with them, unlike some previous companies. I was going to switch back to  at&t only because of the iphone. Being a itouch user, previous phone being a blackberry 8500 and having some experience with the iphone 3gs, I'm still very satisfied. Mostly because xda making t easy to highly customize this phone.

Pros

• very stylish, fast, wonderfully large screen, great resolution
  • camer and video both good quality
  • highly customizable, with the help of xda developers :)

Cons

• I have had to restart the phone about 3 times in the 4 months that I've owned it. I use it more then average person.
  • windows mobile has a couple of good features, but needs vast improvement
  • wifi router "adhoc" program only available as addon, international comes with one.
  • although there are hundreds to thousands of apps for winmo on the internet, there is no "good" one place to get them from built iinto the phone.

murphy08
posted on 29 Jul 2010, 22:13 (Posts: 0; Member since: 29 Jul 2010)

bad bad phone

This is the worst phone I've ever owned. I can't send picture messages, can't read text messages without waiting five minutes for it to unfreeze, can't make a phone call if I'm receiving a message, and many more problems. I was really excited about the phone but I've come to figure out it just doesn't work. I've heard it's windows mobile that's the problem and not the phone but who knows... If anyone has any advise on software updates that help let me know.

MF TWO
posted on 26 Jul 2010, 23:39

This is the best T-Mobile phone by far, so far, I've been with T-Mobile for 6 yrs. now !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 1 ghz

Cons

• WP 6.5

Andrewphone
posted on 04 Jul 2010, 18:05

Love it

I absolutely love this phone. I have had no problems and love the operating system! The processor is blazing fast and the screen is incredible! I really like the messaging set up. Messages are easy to send and recieve. Windows mobile is an underrated operating system for sure. I am very very happy that I choose this phone.

Pros

Cons

• No cons so far

Robert098
posted on 04 Jul 2010, 18:00

Awesome Phone

I was a little reluctant hearing about how some didnt enjoy windows mobile 6.5 but I have absolutely been surprised. The only major downside is the lack of apps compared to android or apple. I love the ability to really get into all of my files and change things around. I also like the layout of WINMO more then my previous android 2.1 device. Android is a fantastic operating system but I am having no trouble with WINMO at all. I love the clarity and size of the screen. Transformers is a a cool addition along with the ability to put my itunes music directly on my phone. I am amazed with this phone. The battery life is also pretty good.

Pros

• WINMO surprisingly
  • Snapdragon
  • 4.3" screen

Cons

• Nothing so far

grant
posted on 31 May 2010, 23:06

HD2

This phone was horrible.  I had nothing but problems.  I went through 3 in a month.  I do not recommend this phone.  I ended up going back to my BB 9700.  The screen is nice but hardly any apps at all.  It freezes a lot.  Just really think about it before you buy this windows phone.

Valerie
posted on 27 May 2010, 13:23

Love it!!!!!!!!

I just bought the HTC HD 2 and I love it. So much better than the Motorola Cliq The only thing is the battery. With normal use it will only last a day. Love the sleek design. Very fast. Great apps. Camera is awsome. I love how it is so customizable.Way to go HTC. Wish there was a few more apps.

Pros

• Big Screen,Very Fast, Great camera,great app's.

Cons

• Battery, Not enought apps on the market

Jon1039
posted on 20 Apr 2010, 16:11

Great Phone but takes time to learn it

I initially bought the Motorola Cliq XT and at first I thought the phone was great until it starting having problem, so I traded to the HD2.  When I first started messing with the phone it did freeze up.... come to find out from Tmobile sales reps that even after you take it out of the box you are supposed to do a factory reset and this will fix the problems, which it did.  I love the phone GUI and all of the customizable options.  My hands are larger so it feels perfect instead of the smaller phones.  Once again I stress that initially the phone is a little confusing on how to fully utilize it but once you do it is great.  My phone always rings and performs up to par.  I do know that the battery on this outlast the Cliq XT which I had to charge 2-3 time per day with normal use.  I did although enjoy the android market much better on the XT.

Pros

• Screen Size
  • Memory
  • Options

Cons

• Options - overwhelming at first

JL
posted on 10 Apr 2010, 20:14

OK?!?!

it's an ok phone. nice design. needs better apps like the iphone. when purchasing the phone and messed with it the phone freezed up on me! it's an ok phone.

Pros

• ~like the design.

Cons

• ~have to have internet on the phone.
  • ~speaker low quality.
  • ~texting sucks.;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;​;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
  • .

Dominique Pelkey
posted on 09 Apr 2010, 02:09

The Amazing HD2

Coming from the HTC Touch Pro 2, I am already acquainted with the Windows Mobile OS... The 6.5 Sense on the HD2 is a lot better and smoother though! I really like this phone a lot... The guy who said he had problems with the phone, sounds like he had a dud, or just didn't know how to work the settings... I'm not gonna lie, there is too many settings! But it really allows you to make it exactly for you! And for the guy who says it sucks, I guess he can stick to his weak iphone... This phone is amazing... You can't beat the screen size! Wish it had an Amoled screen, but its screen still looks very good. The 1 Ghz processor is very fast, and the internet is ridiculous fast. I sold my Touch Pro 2 as soon as I bought this one, even though I felt I would still want the hardware keyboard. Well I learned quickly how to type on the responsive screen. I really feel this is close to the best phone ever made. If you are stuck on android or iphone, then don't purchase this. But if you want a real, business, and responsive phone, get the HD2!

Pros

• -Screen, Huge and responsive
  • -Camera, Clear and flash is great
  • -Video Camera
  • -Speed!
  • -Thickness of phone
  • -Customization

Cons

• -Can't delete stock programs
  • -No hardware keyboard
  • -Screen isn't Amoled :(
  • -Too many settings at times
  • -Could use a stronger battery!

Alex P.
posted on 30 Mar 2010, 21:55

Like every phone it has it's ups and downs...

Ever since I heard the HD2 was coming to tmobile I strongly considered giving up my Blackberry 8900 for it. As i heard it was coming out for $449.99 I marked my calendar even if it meant buying it at full price. I was in love with everything I heard about it, the 4.3 inch screen, the 1ghz processor, the weather animations, and its thinness. Anyways, I bought the phone the first day it came out and I couldn't believe its sexy look and feel. It amazed me how far technology has advanced. It is definitely the best looking phone on the market. There is a cool flashlight app that turns on the dual flash (very bright). It also has a compass that is surprisingly accurate. And yes it is my first windows mobile phone experience. The internet was lightning fast and the screen is a pleasure to look at. Texting on the phone was very easy considering I had many different options: Swype, full QWERTY, compact QWERTY, and the regular numeric keypad. The phone definitely has some great features but it wasn't enough for me and here's why...-The phone doesn't send text messages about 40% of the time (and it doesn't try to resend it automatically, I had to resend it myself??)-The phone doesn't ring about 50% of the time when someone tries to call me. (I have tested it myself using the house phone) and numerous amount of people complained about my phone not ringing. -And about a quarter of the time I couldn't call (even when I had signal).. the phone just beeped and took me back to the dial menu.. (it...

Pros

• Beautiful design
  • Fast (most of the time)
  • Neat pre loaded apps

Cons

• Battery life (about a day with regular use)
  • Doesn't ring when someone calls
  • doesn't send texts..
  • freezes often and also lags sometimes

lcgans83
posted on 29 Mar 2010, 17:33 (Posts: 0; Member since: 25 Mar 2010)

The HTC HD2 is one of the best phones I have ever owned.  I was at first not sure if I should get it because of Windows mobile 6.5.  Good thing I did because Microsoft has come a long way and has finally fixed most of there problems.  I say most because there is always room for improvement.  The layout of the phone is pretty simple, and the touch screen is as close as I have seen compared to the iphone.  Not saying it is better but it is pretty close. The weather app is also pretty cool.  I like the way the phone adapts to the live weather in your area.  The camera is alright - the pictures at time can look a little fuzzy but itll do.  Best of all is the video capabilities.  The phone comes with Transformers 1 and 2.  The resolution on the phone is crisp.  Makes you even wonder if the phone displays high defenition. - Windows Market place only has about 1500 apps but I am pretty sure that number will increase in just a matter or time.All in all, I love this phone!!

Pros

• 1 ghz ROM
  • Smooth O.S (Windows 6.5)
  • Video capabilites

Cons

• None.

bettlegeus
posted on 28 Mar 2010, 11:13 (Posts: 2; Member since: 08 Mar 2010)

Great device - no regrets

I've been waiting on this phone to hit stateside since last fall.   I wanted a phone/PDA/multi-media combo with a large screen and the ease of use of the iPhone.   I am not disappointed!   I bought this phone for the usefulness, dependability and stability of  Windows Mobile.   However the Sense interface is a pleasure to use and is icing on the cake.  The software is very responsive and I have not experienced any lags or slow downs while multi-tasking.  The sound is good, a little on the "tinny" side, but is more than adequate for a cell phone.  However,  the volume through this handset is LOUD.This handset meets and exceeds my requirements for a multi-media/business device and I highly recommend it!

Pros

• Large 4.3 Capacitive Touch Screen, Windows Mobile 6.5, functionality, speed and power.

Cons

• Slight "tinny" sound of speaker, otherwise sound is more than adequate and loud.

Mils
posted on 26 Mar 2010, 01:02

Sucks

got it the first day after using it for a while it just freezez when using multiple apps
not worth getting it good for movies but if u compare this to an iphone or andoriod device this will stay alot lower level thanks wait till windows 7 come out..

Pros

• big screen ,, good for movies ... htc sense

Cons

• too big.. windows ... slow ... keypad not worth typing...
  • speakers low quality