x PhoneArena is looking for new authors! To view all available positions, click here.
HTC EVO Shift 4G Discussions
  • Options
    Close

I hear this pos is the new Evo shift...

noirelion (unregistered) 16 Nov 2010, 18:55 posted on

As an actual Evo owner... I hope this isn't the new evo... this phone looks like the last batch of iPhone lookalikes I passed over to by the sexy chocolate bar that is the REAL EVO.
I will be past disappointed if this is the new EVo. Why mess up perfection? for an iPhone 4 lookalike? This junk is an Desire with a different frame on it.
I won't support going from sexy strong masculine Evo- to this womanish iPhone junk. Sprint HTC - WTF????

posted on 29 Dec 2010, 18:22

1. ladyglow (unregistered)

I agree this phone can not live up to the real Evo why would they make the display screen smaller if anything it should be bigger if any improvements need to be made i would like to see the sound system on the evo improve seeing that my blackberry tour sounded a lot better when listening too music or ring tone sounding awesome. it would be nice to more features add to the phone not taken from the phone the key board for texting would be nice because women with long nails some times have trouble when it comes to texting but over all i like the evo that came out in 2010 not really feeling this up coming wanna be. at times i feel this is done on purpose to keep the customers spending money

posted on 01 Jan 2011, 15:22

2. young money (unregistered)

I think this phone would off been hot ...but to me it looks like Sprint downgrade the first evo like what the point off a 4g phone with no front camera to video chat ....come on Sprint

posted on 05 Jan 2011, 22:48

3. TIGGER (unregistered)

Why are you all dissing this phone when you don't know anything about it?

1. This IS for a different market segment than the EVO--this is for those who want a keyboard, or a SMALLER phone than the EVO, but recognize the reliability and TIMELY updates that HTC provides for their devices vs Samsung which is always AWOL!
2. This EVO SHIFT is actually FASTER than the EVO since it sports the 2nd Generation SNAPDRAGON processor. It is so fast that it is about 1.5x as fast as the EVO at only 800Mhz. So would be about TWICE as FAST as the EVO at the same speed.
3. This phone has the new version of SENSE that launched on the HTC Desire HD. It's HOT look it up:http://www.phonearena.com/reviews/HTC-Desire-HD-Review_id2575

This phone is not the EVO 2--is is the EVO SHIFT. HTC has shown where their desire direction is going with the HTC THUNDERBOLT (Verizon/LTE) and the HTC Inspire (AT&T/HSPA+). If there is an EVO 2, you can bet it will be on Sprint and will lead the way for the NEXT GENERATION of HTC/4G phones just like Sprint led the way the EVO, FIRST!

posted on 06 Jan 2011, 10:30

4. iphonessuck (unregistered)

I sell these phones. I have an evo and have been playing around with the shift. The speeds are really no different from what I can tell. The slide out keyboard, which I hate them, is poorly designed. Some buttons are hard to push and don't click, others are the opposite. The directional pad is not convenient at all and the slide mechanism is the worst part about the phone. It is definitely designed for a completely different market and was a good move by sprint. If people didn't buy the evo, its because it was to big or didn't have a slide out keyboard. Now this phone comes out and beats the hell out of the samsung transform, and competes with the epic, at a $100 cheaper. No front facing camera though? Not sure why they didn't throw that in there.

posted on 06 Jan 2011, 16:15

5. dre92 (unregistered)

i think this SHIFT will be a good product its getting great reviews so far from th PROS! it will fit my needs. as i am just coing off a BB tour 9630 this is a good upgrade for me.

posted on 14 Jan 2011, 22:14

6. ebnub (Posts: 1; Member since: 13 Jan 2011)

How can you call it an iPhone lookalike when it has the exact same front face design as your EVO? Think about it, that's why it's carrying the EVO name. I'm willing to bet that we're going to be seeing a lot more of the EVO name in Sprint's future much like Verizon has hung onto the name DROID for it's line of Android powered phones.

posted on 17 Jan 2011, 10:43

7. Sprintguy001 (unregistered)

They most likely only released this to compete with the Epic, most customers that want the EVO but find it too large are forced to go with the EPIC, which is also a great phone, but they want HTC, this is not out to make you upgrade to, it is only being released to give more smartphone options. You would be surprised how picky customers are

Want to comment? Please login or register.

Buy Accessories

Latest stories