HTC EVO 4G User Reviews

Reception9.2/10
Display9.6/10

Ismael
posted on 14 Aug 2010, 18:44

Best phone on the market.

Sprint updated The Evo with android 2.2 and now is the best smart phone. You all now the specs of it. The camera is way better with the update, also speed overall. To compare with others Android phones, what feature could be better? Better screen display? Get a modern tv for that. Its a handheld your using. How many others have front facing camera for video call? Also its capable of 8 connected gadgets over wifi 4g.

Pros

• Many

Cons

• Big phone not suitable for all people.

Gerrie
posted on 16 Jul 2010, 08:15

TOO BIG FOR A LADY'S HAND!!

Just in case you didn't know Sprint, there are a lot of business women out there that would have enjoyed this phone if it wasn't big as a brick!

I would have gotten it if it was the size of a palm pre or Touch Diamond; Or even better, HTC HD Mini.

Sigh!

I dunno, I just think a cellphone should fit in my pocket and the palm of my hand. I'll keep my touch diamond for now and wait for the next Sprint HTC phone. Yes I love HTC Sense UI and Sprint Network.

College_Mami
posted on 15 Jul 2010, 17:50

Best Phone Yet...

I bought this phone almost a month ago and had no problems with it yet. I love HTC phones i think the make the bst phones out there. I was a littel effy about going to srpint because of the horror stories and my personal expierence with them but i found my signal/service is great in my new house and i havent had any compliants. The phone has great speed its never slow and i never have to turn on my wifi where at t-mobile i had to keep it on all the time. I see if you download dolpine broswer hd the broswer is wayy faster than stock. I thought the phone was going to be super heavy but it fits great in my hand and i am a big texter and the screen is big enough to use both hands! I must say i do not regret buying this phone and i think im going to stay with this phone for awhile!! =)

Pros

• Making the home screens really your own
  • The speed of the phone
  • Front camera and video chat
  • BIG screen
  • Favorites

Cons

• 4g Not in my area
  • Battery life but better with task killer
  • The battery cover door feels cheap like
  • The camera isnt that greap for being 8 but maybe i need to change my settings.

GoofyGirl_77
posted on 01 Jul 2010, 13:45 (Posts: 11; Member since: 09 Oct 2009)

Spectacular Phone

In the last 12 months I have had the HTC Pro, PalmPre, HTC Hero and now the HTC Evo.  Without any question whatsoever the EVO is the BEST phone I've ever used!!  Those that complain about battery life I have a very simple fix for you:  turn off mobile networks when not using!!  I had my phone unplugged for 2 DAYS and finally plugged it in and still had 30% charge.  I still can receive/make calls and text messages.  I frequently turned on mobile networks and surfed, shopped and checked facebook etc.  The difference is absolutely incredible.  I added the mobile network widget to my home screen so one little tap and I'm set to go.  The phone has everything I could possibly hope for.  I wasn't thrilled with the extra $40 a month ($10 data and $29.99 for HotSpot capability) but it is so worth it to have this phone.  I'm still saving money versus what I used to pay AT&T!  Plus, Sprint customer service has been incredible!  We now have 7 lines with Sprint and looking to add another at the end of this month!  I'm so amazed each and every day by this phone!  The possibilities really are endless.  Camera and video are awesome.  FXCamera  and PicSay are fun little programs to add to play with pictures!Don't hesitate to get this phone!!

Pros

• So much!
  • Video
  • Proximity sensor
  • Mobile Hotspot!!
  • Screaming fast

Cons

• Really the only con I can even mention is the camera lens - so disappointing that it wasn't more thought out about placement! It literally touches whatever you set your phone on first - it is not recessed and needs to be!! Other than that I have no complaints!!

Parks
posted on 29 Jun 2010, 16:26

Great phone....

I have been nothing but impressed with this phone using 3g, 4g which is now being tested in my area and wi-fi for speed of the net. The phone works flawless between all the programs & apps but some apps are faster than others which isnt the phone at that point. The weight of the phone took some getting use too but i realize with the little bit of extra weight it is i dont find myself dropping or any slips while trying to text on the smaller keyboard. The camera is stunning from the pics i taken so far and it beats my digital camera which is a 12 mega pixil hands down.

Pros

• Every feature of the phone I love

Cons

• Everytime you set the phone down with out the kickstand it scratches the camera lense which it turn hurts your camera pics or HD video. Now i have to set it on some sort of non scratch surface but a minor flaw with the kick stand.

Clovesyou4ever
posted on 27 Jun 2010, 22:27

Evo 4G

Great speed on phone, as awsome as adevtised. I sold my ipod touch which i use to use as much as my old Palm Pre, Touch Pro 2, Instinc, Mogul ect... (My endless list of former hand sets) Great Pics and video. Just and outstanding hand set. As good as any and better than most.

Pros

• HDMI out
  • Cam and Camcorder
  • app store
  • free Qik
  • 4.3 screen
  • kick stand

Cons

• 8GB memory- should be 16 to 64 for this type phone
  • 4G not in enough areas yet
  • $10 data charge

karebear
posted on 26 Jun 2010, 04:15

Love it, love it, love it!!! The EVO has landed!!!!

Finally I received my EVO after being placed on a wait list.  I first must clarify we are almost a 100% APPLE HOUSEHOLD. That being said we have tried the over hyped IPhone. Needless to say we only got 2 bars in our house and alot of headaches. Mainly from ATT. This is when we decided to go with the droid family. This our 3 rd droid and WE LOVE IT!!! The applications are getting better graphics and no longer so basic. The fact they are mainly FREE is a huge plus!! The display is amazing, the speed is lightening fast, calls are clear and  user friendly. No need to purchase a GPS, screen is the same size as the garmin and with the mounting kit you can ditch the garmin. Found a few programs also that were about the same quality of XM Radio so I ditched them also!!! The EVO is SAVING ME MONEY. What can I say I LOVE MY EVO!!!! WAY TO  GO SPRINT!!!!!

Pros

• Love the Display
  • Internet Hot Spot, great for trips or the business person, no data cap!!! only 30.00 a month can be added or dropped any time.
  • Can be used as a replacement for your GPS, more accurate and free map updates. SAVES you money!!

Cons

• Battery life of course, but get a car charger and you are fine!!

Mr.Davis
posted on 24 Jun 2010, 10:14

HTC EVO 4G

Overall I like this phone however I could have waited. the Wi Fi is spotty at best sometimes. the display is beautiful. When i fist got the phone i couldnt get over how big the phone was, being that I have large hands I and glad the phone is the size it is. This phone is very very light which is a huge plus. if you disable the 4G on your phone the battery life increases. i am going to Dallas soon so I will test 4G there.

Pros

• Everything Else
  • Talk and surf web huge plus

Cons

• BlueTooth Disconnect
  • NO ACCESORIES FOR THE PRICE PHONE BATTERY AND MEMORYCARD IS ALL YOU GET THATS A RIP OFF
  • 4G is not in my area

Ashley Edge
posted on 23 Jun 2010, 15:51

AMAZING

This phone is Amazing, I love everything about it. and by the way it is NOT to big, its NOT heavy and you dont need two hands to turn the phone on or off like some people say. And the Camera is Great on this phone.. I think some people are just too Picky

Pros

• EVERYTHING

Omar Kaiba
posted on 19 Jun 2010, 10:20 (Posts: 0; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)

good phone ...bad design

This Phone is one of the best phones BUT  the heavy weight "n" the big size "n" the lack of AMOLED screen and the 65k of color are SO bad ,BUT the phone is still NICE  b-cuz of its nice featuers like the cam, processor ,the big screen,so smooth ,so fast , Android 2.1 and a lot more

Pros

• 1GHz processer
  • 4.3 screen
  • good lookin'
  • 4G conection
  • 8 MP cam
  • and other

Cons

• the heavy weight
  • the huge size
  • no AMOLED
  • no 16m of colors
  • no xenon flash
  • you can't remove the memory card unless you take the battery off
  • the 1GP of memory storage is not enough to download APPs

OBLIVIOUS
posted on 15 Jun 2010, 16:48

why people shouldnt be able to post reviews

hands down this phone is a power house inside and out. now i know for a fact that you do not need to use two hands to turn on this device, unless your shorter than 4'6. as for the battery. It stacks up..... If you DO NOT KNOW HOW TO USE THE PHONE, then you will expirience problems. Maybe you (First review guy)  should go to your nearest sprint store and make an appointment for an ready now session.

Pros

• AMAZING PHONE

Cons

• PEOPLE TRYING TO KNOCK THE PHONE BECAUSE THEY PROBABLY DONT HAVE SPRINT ARE ARE STUCK IN A CONTRACT

Windsponge
posted on 13 Jun 2010, 19:29 (Posts: 92; Member since: 01 Nov 2009)

What I had hoped for from Moto Droid.

I have been so disappointed in my Droid. Verizon and moto would do nothing to solve how I felt. My wife bought HTC EVO 4g for my birthday. Wow, this is what I had been looking for. The size and beauty of screen is un matched. Sense has finnally m.ade me like Android. This phone is smooth and so fast. I have had many phones 3g,3gs, Droid, Touch pro 2, touch pro, Omnia. This is the first one that has not left me wishing I had not bought it. Very quality build. After Att changed their new Data plans I decided not to look at I phone 4. I'm sure it will be a good phone but their is no way it will be better than this. I finnally feel I have a phone that is worth the data cost.  Internet loads great on 3g can't wait till we get 4g. Even if we don't get here I wouldn't feel cheated. The camera is great and I can finnally take a pic in the dark. My droid or 3gs wouldn't. This is the real deal check it out if you want a great phone. Battery is not that bad to me. Much better than my Droid or 3gs was. I had to use two batterys to get through the day on Droid and Bought a battery extender for I Phone for day. I could never use them the way I have this.I waited to post for a while and dont want to over state but this is best phone I have ever owned.

• Looks
  • Quality feel

Cons

• Battery could be better on all smart phones but this is not as bad for me and I can't seem to put it down

posted on 12 Jun 2010, 22:17

If you don't know, you better ask somebody!

This is by far the coolest phone I've ever laid hands on! I've toyed with friends' iPhones in the past & was just as blown away by everything that it does, but this one surpasses even that.  The speed of it is just incredible & I dont even get 4g.  Faster than my laptop at loading pages online, streaming music or videos in areas that I got little to no service in with my old blackberry are just effortless.  The 8mp camera takes amazing photos.  I'm new to the android movement and I think I jumped on the bandwagon at the right time.  I'm not having any of the issues I've seen reported by other android users on other devices.  One of the biggest complaints people are making about it is that the battery is no good.  If you download advanced task killer and kill all unused apps periodically, the battery life isnt an issue.  I purchased an extra battery charger based on everyones complaints so I can plug it in at work but left it home today.  8 hours in & playing with it every chance I got, I still have just under 1/2 a charge.  That would have never happened with my old bb.  If I ran my mp3 player for 90 mins or so, with it while not plugged in, I would have no battery life before my shift was out.  I was running pandora radio, streaming music for 90 mins with no problem, in an area with a poor signal.  I also read about the size of it being an issue.  It is larger & heavier than the competion (if...

Pros

• Super fast, amazing camera, screen size, feels great in your hands despite the size & weight, very easy to use/navigate even for android novices

Cons

• I haven't had any yet...

belve14
posted on 08 Jun 2010, 07:38 (Posts: 113; Member since: 31 Mar 2009)

My absolute favorite to date

I went to best buy to get this phone on the 4th and I feel like my life has changed lol....I am new to android os and and HTC never had either. But over the years I have found that HTC has made some phenomanal phones and I felt pretty confident that the EVO would be nothing less than Fantastic. I have also seen android the past couple of years and really liked what I seen. After holding this phone and having a couple of days I dont think I can return to anything average again. The phone is lightning fast, massive apps, love the 2 cameras and everybody else does too. The screen is amazing the jokes that I get are...its an INC on steroids or that it looks like an Ipad lol. I cant put in to words how happy i am with this phone and sprint. If you dont have one you should def consider it if you want insant gratification in your hands. Only one con for me which I expected from listening to others about android phones is the battery life...if that is the only thing well its not going to kill me thats for sure....I just have to make sure i have my charger all the time lol

Pros

• blazing fast internet
  • 2 cameras
  • massive apps
  • beautiful 4.3 inch screen ( could be a con for some not me)
  • the most customizable (is that a word lol) phone i have ever had
  • loud speaker

Cons

• battery life (you should have known that was going to be a given)

posted on 07 Jun 2010, 21:51

I got it on the 4th and so far its been a great phone! I find new things on it everyday. Cameras are amazing, its way fast, and the screen rocks! Unfortunatly, the battery life SUCKS!!!!!! Hasnt lasted one full day yet. Today (6/7/10) I unplugged it at 6 am dint use it till lunch (12:00pm) for about 10 min then again after 4pm talked for a while (hour or so) and it was down to 22%...... Maybe they'll have an update soon.

Pros

• Everything but the con...

Cons

• Battery life.

David C.
posted on 06 Jun 2010, 21:39

Lovely Phone

This phone is a must if you are on the sprint network. Very large display, feels fantastic in the hand. Had the phone for a couple days now and I find something new and wonderful on it everyday! Excellent connectivity to my computer whether it be XP, Vista or 7. Wonderful  phone. The camera is nice but I feel that it requires a lot of user imputs to make quality photos. You almost have to go through all the settings everytime to make a good pic.

Pros

• Excellent feel, fast and friendly

Cons

• Camera is picky, not really a point and shoot for excellent pics.

Kurt
posted on 06 Jun 2010, 15:41

Finally a phone that is worthy of Android

I upgraded to this phone from an HTC Hero on the 4th, and it has been worth it.  When I got in the store, the sprint sales network was down, but the salespeople were very helpful, and they managed to get my phone activated and charged to my account by using the regular sprint website.I had already upgraded my Hero to 2.1, so the software is identical to my Hero.  The main differences are the speed, the screen, and the proximity sensor.  I will start with speed.  There is absolutely no lagging on this phone at all.  Flipping through screens is instant, and apps open in a second or two.  I have all of my old apps on the phone, plus a couple extras that I didn't have space for on the Hero, and it is still substantially faster.  One thing that always bugged me on the Hero, for example,  was browsing contacts.  I have around 350 contacts, and scrolling and searching for them on the EVO is great.  There are none of the lags that the Hero had.  It is also much faster when running multiple apps and switching between them.  I have Pandora radio on constantly, and I can be running that, while browsing the web and not notice a thing.  Where it gets truly amazing, however, is that I can then receive a call, talk for a while, and end it, and Pandora and the web browser are just fine.  My Hero would lag and make it nearly impossible to answer the phone, and if I got that far, all of...

Pros

• Blazing fast (absolutely no lag), proximity sensor works great, huge screen makes typing and browsing much easier, camera is fast and has lots of settings.

Cons

• Power button requires 2 hands to turn on because it is on the top of the really big phone, and the battery life is terrible.

alan4koz
posted on 05 Jun 2010, 23:58

Best Phone ive every had :D

i was the first in line at sprint june 4, and omg this phone is driving me crazy the hardware the amazing android ui with htc sense, love all of it :D I sold my Palm pre, and my HTC Hero, and im soo glad i did this phone is a most have, even the $10 extra it doesnt hurt this phone is amazing thats all i feel i can say amazing :D

Pros

• large screen, front camera, 8mp camera, and everything it has :D