ayephoner 12 Mar 2010, 08:12 posted on 0 0
why are they using lesser technologies for this and the HD2, but putting an AMOLED on the vzw's incredible? physical size hasn't been announced for the incredible, I imagine it will be smaller than 4.3"
1. Schmao (Posts: 302; Member since: 05 Jul 2009)
They both have advantages and disadvantages.
2. tiolawa (Posts: 115; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
The preliminary specs are speculative who knows it may have an AMOLED display. And all the rumors I have read say it will have a 4.3 in display just like the Incredible.
3. ayephoner (Posts: 837; Member since: 09 Jun 2009)
i've heard the incredible will have a 3.7" or maybe 4.0" AMOLED screen. I'd rather have the larger TFT, but a 4.3" AMOLED would def. be best.
4. underwood2012 (Posts: 50; Member since: 12 Sep 2009)
Who cares what type of screen it is. Just as long as it is big! Lol. :) Now my large fingers will have a large screen to type on! :D
5. Crossblade (Posts: 190; Member since: 21 Apr 2005)
Although it is a TFT, it has great picture quality. Check out the live photos and video in the hands-on report:http://www.phonearena.com/html
6. tiolawa (Posts: 115; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Maybe it is because they have had issues with the amoled displays on the Nexus One. They may want to play it safe and go with an older more reliable tech.
7. ostranderterry (Posts: 61; Member since: 14 Apr 2010)
I was kind of curious about the tft screen too, wasn't too sure what the diff was until I saw this video -http://www.iphonekiller.com/tf
t-vs-amoled/- it uses digital cameras but the tech is the same - pretty helpful