HTC EVO 3D User Reviews

UI speed9.1/10
Camera8.5/10
Multimedia9.1/10

timofeev
posted on 01 Dec 2013, 15:39 (Posts: 0; Member since: 30 Nov 2013)

EVO still got it!

timofeev has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

The main reason why I wanted to leave this review is because I want to disagree with all those people, who gave a poor rating to this phone. HTC EVO is sick! Anyone whom I showed this phone to was amazed - this is all-you-can-do phone. Just got it this fall. Previously I had Samsung Intercept, well that phone was a disaster!!! HTC EVO is a well built phone! 2 year's passed and it is still one of the most competitive phones out there! Great display! Great multitasking! I am running 3 languages on this phone - English, Russian, and German! Face detection as your screen lock! Sick - no other phone for VM got it, or am I wrong? I got no clue what you could be doing all day to drain the battery! I am an undergrad and use my phone in am to play music on my way to uni, then use it to check my gmail every hour or so, blackboard, txting and facebook, play games during lunch, Skype my parents abroad and my battery lasts me till about 5 pm when I plug it in the car.... So don't run your display on full brightness and you will be fine! Never lagged! If you can't get service, get a different provider! Not the phones fault that you live underground or on an island.... You can run most games on this device! Although the camera is only 5MP, you get great 3D images. You can stream your videos via microHDMI! I am curious to see if I can play 3D movies via microHDMI to my TV....Great to use as a flashlight too - got dual LED! Nothing about this phone must make you regret the purchase! I can say...

Pros

• powerful processor
  • 3D camera
  • cristal clear display
  • 4 buttons makes it easy to navigate and multitask
  • camera shutter button
  • microHDMI output and microUSB in one!

Cons

• front facing camera could be better
  • wish had just a bit larger internal memory

atomri9008
posted on 16 Jun 2013, 20:04 (Posts: 3; Member since: 25 Apr 2012)

Evo V 4G

atomri9008 has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

I've had this phone for over a year now on Virgin Mobile. A solution to short battery life is to buy a third party battery (i use a 1900 mah anker battery) which lasts 2 to 3 hours longer than the stock battery on average. The camera has a considerable amount of shutter lag. After rooting, it seems like the 4.1 stock camera app works best (compared to the htc sense camera and 4.2 stock camera). Cell signal/reception is pretty bad, rarely getting more than 3 or 4 bars. Its got a decent processor, but by no means a speed demon. Quadrant scores around 2600 and antutu around 5000, overclockable to 1.7 ghz stable to get scores of about 3000 and 7000 respectively. The gpu is not a strong suit of this phone. It could have been just my phone, but the metal band around the left edge of my phone came loose after about 6 months and i had to super glue it back in place. Unlike samsung phones, this feels solid in the hand with a nice weight, although a bit thick for my preference at about 12mm thick. For a phone thats two years old, this runs remarkably well. 3D is mostly a gimmick as there is only a little content that actually takes advantage of the screen. Videos and pictures taken in 3D look great though.

Build quality 9/10 Feels good in the hand with a textured back, metal band on side got loose
Reception 6/10 nothing spectacular
Call quality 6/10 earpiece volume needs to be louder
Internet 7/10 has flash capabilities, but sense browser is slooow
Multimedia 9/10 One of the first phones to have 1 GB of ram (768mb), can run multiple apps with no problem
Camera 5/10 Heavy shutter lag leads to blurry pictures, color balance is not correct indoors, 3D pictures seem to be better quality than 2D pictures, which is surprising.
UI speed 5/10 Htc sense is infamous for its speed. I do miss the weather widget though. Its second to none
Everyday usage 9/10 After switching many phones, i settled on this and I wouldn't replace it with a galaxy s3. After using it for just over a year now at the time of writing the review, it runs great, but you will need to charge in the late afternoon or carry two batteries on trips. An average charge with my anker 1900mah batteries lasts about 14 hours.
Text input 7/10 Stock sense keyboard sucks. I downloaded swiftkey with flow from 4shared and its great.
Display 8/10 Perfect size, but its pretty dull compared to Samsung, Nokias, or HTC's newer offerings such as the galaxy s4, nokia 928 or the HTC one.
Battery 5/10 You will need to buy a 3rd party battery. The stock one just wont cut it. With heavy usage, the stock battery only lasts 4 hours.

Pros

• Feel
  • 3 color notification light

• Camera shutter lag
  • Difficult to root

vintral88
posted on 21 Nov 2012, 21:36 (Posts: 0; Member since: 21 Nov 2012)

Great HTC Phone

vintral88 has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I got this phone and it's the best phone iv'e had. I've had the Motorola Droid, HTC Wildfire, LG Optimus v, and a Samsung Galaxy Player 4.2 (I know it's not a phone). The 3D quality is great considering that there are only a couple of companies even willing to make a 3D phone. Have not had any problem's so far which is good. The thing about using the 3D is that it drains the battery, but I assume using the 3D will take a portion of your battery. The cameras are great, the phone is fast when browsing the web, the dedicated camera button and 3D toggle was a good feature to add, and the screen quality is great for it being a qHD display. I so wiah that there were more notification light colors like blue because I'm color-blind and when I see my notification light i can't tell if it is red or yellow or green. I also like the weight of the phone, it makes it feel of higher quality in my opinion along with the metal bezel.

Build quality 9/10 Heavy feeling, doesn't feel cheap. wish the back wasn't made out of plastic.
Reception 8/10 It is Sprint and their coverage is kind of bad where I live.
Call quality 10/10 Clear calling quality.
Internet 9/10 Very fast browsing.
Multimedia 10/10 Great display for music and great sound quality.
Camera 9/10 Great 3D images and videos.
UI speed 10/10 Comes with HTC's quick-boot so very fast and snappy when turned on.
Everyday usage 9/10 Fairly easy to use on a daily baises
Text input 9/10 I find it easy to use, but still have some problems such as when i hit the backspace button i repeatedly hit the "m" key instead.
Display 10/10 High-quality display, very bright, and great when it comes to the 3D effects.
Battery 9/10 Batteries a little short when it comes to using the 3D effects, but overall usage is pretty good.

Pros

• Great qHD display
  • Awesome 3D images and videos
  • Excellent build quality
  • Quick 1200 MHz dual core processor

Cons

• Plastic battery door feels kind of flimsy

littlesimo
posted on 25 Aug 2012, 07:56 (Posts: 0; Member since: 25 Aug 2012)

Love it but hate it.

littlesimo has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

Love the phone and its features compared to my previous phone. However I've had the phone since May 1st and in four months, I'm going onto phone #4. Glitchy software and the refurbished one was screwed up when I got it (phone #3).

Display 3/10 Glitchy software for touch screen

Pros

Cons

• glithy software

dorian827
posted on 28 Jul 2012, 16:50 (Posts: 53; Member since: 28 Jul 2012)

HTC Evo V (Realistic Review)

dorian827 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Hello everyone my name is Dorian and today I will share and rate my review for the HTC Evo V.
I loved the phones features but its not worth a purchase due to poor battery life.
Pros:
• 4G speeds which I never/cant be used based on my location in WI.
• The cameras are superb front and rear. (Fun features)
• 3D feature is excellent but unable to share 3D feature with others with a 2D phone. (Pointless)
• Excellent speed memory capabilities handles apps and browsing with mere ease.
• Has excellent volume sound rich, crisp, clear and loud
• Display is rich and full of colors but beware (Very poor on battery)
Con:
Purchased the phone 07/26/12 and returning 7/28/12. I am returning my HTC EVO V due to these reasons. This device has the poorest battery life I have ever gotten from any android device in my entire electronic collection. This phone I would not suggest for ANYONE on the go even using MINIMAL of features, apps and widgets. I am using no widgets and have very basic apps. The phone has to be experienced to understand the magnitude of frustration and anger that the battery can cause. Constantly on the charger pointless to be a mobile device for VERY short times of battery.
If you love battery life, DO NOT PURCHASE this phone.

• Power
  • Processor
  • Sound
  • 4G
  • HotSpot
  • 3D
  • Cameras

Waffleny
posted on 11 Jul 2012, 22:42 (Posts: 11; Member since: 28 Feb 2012)

My dream phone

Waffleny has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

Just amazing, no other words to describe it. Every single thing about it astonishes me, and I LOVE proving iPhone owners their phone is overpriced and stupid :) not to mention that it is now available on Virgin Mobile with ICS on board standard

Build quality 10/10 Feels super sturdy in the hand, and just has a unique shape and texture to it you won't find anywhere else
Reception 6/10 I get pretty bad reception (central New York) but that's Sprint for you (well I'm on Virgin Mobile, but same thing basically)
Call quality 9/10 Nothing wrong with call,s everything is easily understandable on both ends
Internet 9/10 VERY fast 4G WiMAX speeds and the 1.2 ghz dual core processor makes for flawless internet browsing
Multimedia 10/10 Music player is outstanding, viewing photos is easy and simple, and video is played without a hitch at high quality
Camera 8/10 Not the greatest at 5 megapixels, but still with proper lighting it can take some mean shots. Not to mention the camera software is above basic with other scenes and settings not found in other UI's
UI speed 10/10 HTC Sense it flawless - literally. I couldn't find a problem even if I looked for years
Everyday usage 8/10 The phone itself is honestly my idea of a perfect phone - but poor signal almost everywhere due to Sprint's lacking service
Text input 10/10 The on-board HTC keyboard is outstanding, but I prefer the Ice Cream Sandwich keyboard. Autocorrection is seamless, and just everything about it is easy to use
Display 9/10 GREAT pixel density, impossible to find any flaws with the naked eye. The super bright display makes seeing everything non difficult
Battery 7/10 The normal 1730 battery provides a half day of normal to heavy usage. I bought myself a 15 dollar extended battery, and now it lasts literally days on a charge - even with 4G and battery costing features on

Pros

• Very cost effective for its features

Italia1012
posted on 04 Jul 2012, 06:56 (Posts: 5; Member since: 23 Mar 2012)

Not what i was expecting...

Italia1012 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I picked this phone up on virgin mobile and I only had it for 2 days... battery life was poor, the phone kept randomly restarting... probably because it couldn't handle the 4G network... And some other minor problems... I asked best buy if anyone had similar problems.. but they said they didn't here any... Maybe the one i got was a dud... And also, Sprint were to lazy to take there branding off of the new ones lol... Overall im just really not sure if the phone i had was defective, or this happens on all of these...

Pros

• Excellent Viewing Angles
  • Great Camera (Not 3D Photos or vids)
  • First No-Contract Phone to have ICS (Along with the EVO Design 4G on Boost)

• Bulky

Italia1012 alternatives:

gigaware
posted on 22 Jun 2012, 19:15 (Posts: 2; Member since: 14 Aug 2011)

Finally a TRUE high end device on pre-paid.

gigaware has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

The reviews so far I think have been for other carriers not Virgin so this is the first one.
I just recently left Cricket to move over to Virgin Mobile simply for a better phone and 4G service. I bought the phone and ported my number over from Cricket. If you do the same....be patient....its not easy and took about 24 hrs. Now...about the phone.

Taking it out of the box I knew right away that this was a very nice phone. Its got weight to it and has rubberized feel. Gorilla glass shines with the No Glasses needed 4.4" qHD 3D display. Yes it is Gorilla Glass. Even says so on Cornings website. Mind you...this is the SAME phone that was sold by Sprint last year. In fact its not even rebranded. Mine says Spint on the front.

This phone is FAST with its 1.2 Ghz Snapdragon cpu pushing Android 4.0.2 along with HTC sense. Opening apps on this phone is quick and responsive and no lag what-so-ever. The display is very crisp and bright. Has a 5 MP dual camera with flash and front facing 1.3 for video chats. They work great and the 3D pics and video is a neat little bonus with the phone. You can even watch 3D movies on it. Too much of it does bother your eyes though. The internet is very quick and loads pages with straining.

This phone does take a little bit to set it up but thats a good thing with TONS of options and settings. Call quility has been good and texting on it is very easy. The only downfall is the battery. It doesnt last very long but I am still tweaking...

Pros

• Big Screen
  • 3D HD Display
  • Fast CPU
  • TONS of options and settings
  • 4G speed is great
  • Camera takes 3D video, can be watched on 3D tVs
  • Android 4.0
  • Call quality
  • Comes with 8GB HC SDCard

Cons

• Battery could be better
  • Shorter charge time

PradaMir
posted on 17 Jun 2012, 03:02 (Posts: 0; Member since: 17 Jun 2012)

ITs ok

PradaMir has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I've had this phone for maybe about 9months and ive loved it hated it cherisihed it and destroyed it. I like the design the software isnt to bad very strudy design. But They could have done better. I think the camera could be so much better for Regular Pics i forget i even have 3D. And it should have Gorilla Glass.

Multimedia 8/10 Glitchy sometimes

Pros

• 3D Braging rights
  • Htc Braging rights
  • Dedicated Camera Button
  • Software

Cons

• Glitchy
  • Annoying
  • No Gorilla Glass
  • Call quality could be better

nbannis
posted on 17 Apr 2012, 15:50 (Posts: 13; Member since: 17 Dec 2010)

Really Cool

nbannis has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I really think this phone is nice. Its screen is pretty good especially in the dark. camera quality is extremley nice and i enjoyed the video quality as well. Battery life isnt the best but its still ok to me (If u put it in airplane mode when not using data its battery life dramatically improves). reception is good plus 4g is really fast! phone calls come in clear and the EVO is pretty durable(dropped it face first a few times and not even a scratch).All in all its one of the best phones sprint has...

Build quality 10/10 dropped it sometimes and never had a scratch...
Reception 9/10 reception can be sketchy in some areas...
Call quality 10/10 clear sounding voices...
Internet 10/10 browsing is fast and smooth!!
Multimedia 10/10 Sense really does a good job here and 3d is a plus...
Camera 9/10 quality is a bit lower than galaxy s 2 but thats the best phone camera now anyway...
UI speed 10/10 Sense is amazing...
Everyday usage 10/10 Again Sense is amazing
Text input 10/10 Fast...
Display 10/10 top notch display plus excellent resolution...
Battery 8/10 could be better... (airplane mode solves things)

nbannis alternatives:

lynn.c10
posted on 06 Dec 2011, 21:49 (Posts: 1; Member since: 06 Dec 2011)

worst sprint phone EVER

lynn.c10 has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

My HTC Evo 3D replaced my old and worn 4G EVO. At first, it was exactly what i was looking for... a phone with a longer battery life. i was extremley pleased with my new for the first couple of weeks been then the problems started to arise. The phone kept giving me these weird messages system faild and all kinds of weird things. i couldnt txt, couldnt take pictures, couldnt look at my contacts and couldnt use ANY program or app on my phone!!! All i could do was answer phone calls. i must say, i have never been more disappointed in my LIFE. This has occured 4 times in the past year that ive owned this device. but last friday i experienced a problem that sent me over the edge, and nearly drove me mad... The phone began to randomly call people txt people and start applications on its own. i was terrified. when i troed to send txt messages my letter A, L T and my ?,! and & would not function properly. then the phone began to freeze and do a number of other displeasing functions. Today i went to sprint and orderd my Motorola PHOTON 4G. i didnt care what i had to do to get rid of that dissapointing device.to any one who is looking ino this phone i would highly encourage you to think twice about your decision. i promise you will be disappointed and be left unhappy. Although the hone itself is quite attractive dont let its looks deceive you.

• Proccessors

lynn.c10 alternatives:

Cwebb
posted on 05 Nov 2011, 08:59 (Posts: 501; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)

Best phone on the market

Cwebb has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

Its looks gorgeous, it has a brillant screen in 2d and 3d that's second to none at the moment. Sense makes this phone even better, and the build quality is amazing, even though a little bit thick and heavy, but you want that in a premium phone. The design is great also. The 3d may not be for everyone, but I personally like it. But the good thing to know is that it's the best smartphone on the market bar none, even without the 3d that makes it even better

Build quality 10/10 HTC builds the best phones, period.
Reception 9/10 This is more Sprint's fault than anything
Call quality 9/10 I don't do much calling, so this one doesn't really matter to me
Internet 10/10 4g and a 1.2 gigahertz processor and the internet flys on this thing
Multimedia 10/10 The 1.2 gigahertz processor and the 1 gigabyte of RAM lets it handle any game you throw at it
Camera 10/10 3d and 2d pictures come out gorgeous, even if it doesn't have 8mp
UI speed 10/10 HTC Sense. Duh, winning
Everyday usage 10/10 I don't really know how you couldn't use this phone everyday
Text input 10/10 4.3 inch touchscreen is the best kind of keyboard. In fact, I typed this whole review on mine
Display 10/10 4.3 inch qHD 3d screen may not beat the iPhone in PPI (Pixels Per Inch) but the 3d makes up for it. And by the way, the screen kills any American Galaxy S2. The resolution and PPI is terrible on this things, even with the SuperAMOLED screen
Battery 9/10 HTC Sense, 3d, and 4g really use of a battery fast, even its high powered one. Once Android 4.0/Ice Cream Sandwich comes out, the dualcore processor will make up for the lack of battery life

Pros

• qHD screen
  • 3d
  • 1.2 Ghz processor
  • HTC Sense
  • Build quality

Cons

• Sprints service
  • WiFiMax 4g isn't supported
  • Battery life at times

jamrockjones
posted on 02 Nov 2011, 14:10 (Posts: 345; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)

Blah!

jamrockjones has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I think that the biggest turn off was the screen, the colors were dull and the screen wasn't bright at all, it was difficult viewing the phone in the sunlight. I also hated the look of the phone (something I think HTC still needs to improve on) as well as it's bulky form! I'd easily take the Galaxy S II over the Evo 3D.

Pros

• Awesome battery life
  • Great internet speeds

Cons

• Glitchy UI
  • Heavy
  • Terrible screen quality
  • Bulky
  • Not so impressive 3D display
  • Poor reception

jamrockjones alternatives:

phones522
posted on 01 Oct 2011, 10:07 (Posts: 87; Member since: 27 Jan 2010)

best phone

phones522 has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

its really fast great big display and its perfect. i love that it is so thin and has a 4.3 inch screen. also the textured back gives is a nice feel. sense 3.0 is the best. the camera quality is great.

Pros

• great screen
  • 3d works
  • loud speaker for music
  • super fast
  • best phone on the market

Cons

• none its perfect

madmikepr
posted on 20 Aug 2011, 02:03 (Posts: 67; Member since: 09 Aug 2011)

wow this is how a smartphone should be :)

madmikepr has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

This phone is great and the 3D its amazing sense 3.0 is great love it.Too bad no update to android 2.3.4 this phone should of come preloaded with it.The best phone on the market this year!!!Htc did a great job on this phone.The problem only with the phone is poor signal and the other is lack of 4G coverage which I blame Sprint.

Pros

• super fast smartphone

Cons

madmikepr alternatives:

GoBruins
posted on 19 Aug 2011, 13:14 (Posts: 2; Member since: 19 Aug 2011)

Sorry guys...I am on another planet then most of you. This phone is from HELL!!!

GoBruins has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I had this phone for 30 days..it magically, without my involvement, rebooted and placed calls. I did a hard reset. ok for about 10 days...then I had no text messaging capabilities. Hard reset again (both times at the Sprint store). The next day when my battery ran out after 5 or so hours and shut down, I no longer had phone call capabilities. Sprint Android Tech rep, told me to go by a Motorola Photon. That the HTC 4G was their highest call volume phone followed by the EVO 3D in regards to the # of problems. I was told that even though the Photon was only a week old, that she had received not one call on the phone yet....that says alot...she said. I traded my EVO 3D in for the Photon and have been happy every since. I have no cool 3D but I have a kickstand and a phone that works and what is also cool is that I do not have to put up with that Construction Design flaw of the external speaker on the EVO 3D. It is different than the 4G in that there is no cavity for the sound to from. The 3D has to resonate around the camara lens and flash system thus producing a "tinny" and baffled sound....nothing can be done to fix this issue!

The HotSpot was never consistant.....

This is 2011 and the camara is only a 5 mega pixel...hmmm

Pros

• I know 1 person that likes it
  • it introduced me to the Android OS

Cons

• the other 20+ people that I know that has it...wishes they did not

SuperAndroidEvo
posted on 18 Aug 2011, 13:05 (Posts: 3514; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)

Overall A GREAT PHONE SICK SPECS

SuperAndroidEvo has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

This phone has TONS of potential. I have rooted the device & I am waiting for the ROMS to come out of the bakery! The only weakness is the 2D camera speed. It takes great pictures when everyone or thing is perfectly still. The speed of the camera is slow so it makes the pictures blurry if there is any slight movement. The 3D camera is something that is just so cool. I love that I can take 3D pictures & others can't. People all love & think my phone is sick because of the 3D!

• Internet
  • Multimedia

Cons

• 2D Camera Speed

StrumerJohn
posted on 19 Jul 2011, 19:15 (Posts: 66; Member since: 18 May 2011)

Quietly Brilliant

StrumerJohn has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

I've had this phone for about a month now and I love it! The battery life is amazing. It lasts through the whole day with me and if you're not a heavy phone user the battery only needs to be charged every 2-3 days. With heavy usage it's lasted me around 9.5 hours! I highly recommend this phone! (Review continues down on my individual ratings)

Build quality 10/10 Solid phone. You're not getting that back cover off unless you want it off :). Love the engravings in the plastic on the back, makes it feel really cool in my hand.
Reception 10/10 Never roaming, always have service on Sprints Amazingly fast 3g/4g network!
Call quality 10/10 Can be heard crystal clear on the other line says my friend. The speaker on my end is so so but that isn't going to stop me from loving this phone.
Internet 10/10 Love the internet on this phone!!! With the dual core and 1GB RAM it can truly handle flash. All those damn ads on the webpage do not slow down the speed of your browsing experience at all!
Multimedia 10/10 Can run all of my HD 1080p videos with out any lag and reads all of my audio files as well! (Ubermusic player ftw)
Camera 10/10 Great camera! Especially the front facing!
UI speed 10/10 There is no lag in anything. This chipset can handle anything. The only lag any one would ever run into is if a dev made a ishty app that can't handle dual cores.
Everyday usage 10/10 Gets me through every boring day in Arizona. Stays alive with me long enough to get through the whole day with me.
Text input 10/10 Love the HTC keyboard and since it's an Android device, If I wanted to change the text input, I could!
Display 10/10 Love the display! Pimp out the display brightness to full and it is amazing!
Battery 10/10 The battery life is amazing, lasting me up to 14 hours with all radios on (screen off) and 8+ hours (screen on)!

Pros

• Android 2.3
  • Big Display
  • Comes pre-loaded with a class 4 GB mircroSD card
  • 4g capabilities
  • Dual Core 1.2ghz (1.8 overclocked)
  • Getting an unlocked bootloader! (Thanx HTC!)
  • Supports HDMI output via the microusb port
  • HTC Sense 3.0
  • and literally everything about this phone is a pro

Cons

• I hate Apple for suing HTC.

StrumerJohn alternatives:

bellarockstarr
posted on 18 Jul 2011, 13:19 (Posts: 3; Member since: 18 Jul 2011)

best smartphone on the market

bellarockstarr has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

this is clearly the best phone I have purchased it is a major upgrade from my evo 4g and other smartphones I have had in the past this phone has no lag great display call clarity and more Its super fast I love the dual core processor everything about this phone is perfect what more can I say I love it I love HTC period and I cant imagine being without android device I think everyone should go out and get an android device and if your on sprint like I am be sure to grab the htc evo 3d u wont be disappointed

Pros

• great display
  • excellent battery life up to 10 hrs
  • super fast
  • great camera especially with 3d content
  • alot of self customizations

bowtech1020
posted on 17 Jul 2011, 15:21

AMAZING SMARTPHONE!!! BEST PHONE ON US CARRIER!

bowtech1020 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

i am in love with this phone! i skipped the first evo waiting for this. sprint even gave me early upgrade discount (still had 6 months to go) tried alot of phones from every carrier, best phone out there right now!!! no regrets!! was worried about the 3d. but honestly its a superphone with 3d added on. u really dont have to use it. but now i love having it for those wow moments!! trust me get this phone!

Build quality 10/10 feels great in hand. perfect size. no gaps. nice weight to it
Reception 10/10 gets better reception then my old hero and hangs on to calls where my hero would drop them. after tests over and over again. great reception.
Call quality 10/10 crystal clear. way better then my hero. noise cancellation works great.
Internet 10/10 wow!!!! smooth scrolling. flash works really really well. qhd screen is superb! browser renders perfectly.
Multimedia 10/10 4.3in qhd and 3d movies,dolby srs for sound. need i say more?
Camera 8/10 camera is really good. very little noise. 3d is cool. love that you can turn it off. records sound very well.
UI speed 10/10 phone is fast!!!! 1.2ghz dual core. it flies and it is not even using the second core yet. no lag at all!!
Everyday usage 10/10 every time i use the phone i have a smile on my face.
Text input 10/10 fast! great htc keyboard.
Display 9/10 qhd 4.3in s-lcd. love the display, great color accuracy. prefer it to amoled. web sites are better then my 6 monyth old toshiba laptop. just wish viewing angles were a little better. but only at extreme angles. i'm really trying to find something wrong here. lol.
Battery 8/10 battery is really good. i get just about a day out of it under heavy use. alot of browsing, email, apps, syncing. allways could be better on battery thou.

Pros

• feels high quality! 4.3in qhd display, dual-core, 3d movies, camera shutter button, many many more.

Cons

• wish it was 8megapixel, more battery life,

itpro
posted on 11 Jul 2011, 02:55 (Posts: 0; Member since: 11 Jul 2011)

Awesome phone

itpro has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Goodbye Apple, my iphone and ATT really started to let me down. Picked this up as it's one of the few flagship phones out that's somewhat future proof. Was worried about sprint's service and both sprint and the evo 3d have been great.

Phone is so much better than my iphone. Was a little worried about it being a little buggy but so far has worked smoother than my iphone. I use it throughout the day to conduct research on the internet, sync email to my exchange server, navigate to clients and ocasionally listen to music. As I run my business off it it stays fairly busy. Battery easily lasts all day which is more than I can say for my iphone.

Only con is sprints data needs to be faster in my area as they don't offer much of any 4G.

Pros

• Phone has exceeded all expectations

Cons

• Wasn't offered by verizon

TOdoubleD
posted on 10 Jul 2011, 22:54 (Posts: 110; Member since: 28 Mar 2011)

Amazing

TOdoubleD has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Best phone I've owned, period. I've had quite a few Android phones the last few years, yes I have a problem. But this phone is just fantastic. It's the first one that I finally thought was as smooth and lag free like an iPhone, and this one does it while having things to customize unlike the iPhone. I would highly recommend this phone.

• Sense 3.0

Cons

• Have not found any yet

Evo geek
posted on 10 Jul 2011, 13:45

This should have been the first Evo! lol

Evo geek has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I still have my old EVO, and even with its many bugs I stood by it devoutly. I switches to the 3d even though everything I "need" a phone to do was available on the 4G. I am still a happy camper and more than excited to own this device. Still a few bugs but they're minuscule in nature and I'm sure will be fixed with a new update. I love you EVO!

Pros

• 3d
  • display
  • ui
  • android 2.3.3
  • htc sense 3.0
  • dlna
  • i got it for 39.00usd
  • the improved microphones are dope! if u were a owner of the first evo, u know what im talking about! try recording a concert now its perfect sound! no backgrounf noise! awesome!

Cons

• no kickstand... it was signature to the predecessor. where art thou?

Mike
posted on 07 Jul 2011, 17:23

Amazing must have this phone to appreciate

Mike has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

Pros

• Fast and great 3D

Cons

• Screen its hard to see outdoors,poor signal
  • Lack of 4G coverage

Zino007
posted on 07 Jul 2011, 12:12 (Posts: 1; Member since: 28 Mar 2011)

THE BOMB!!!!!

Zino007 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

TWO WEEKS IN AND MORE IMPRESSED EVERY DAY. LOVE THE PHONE!
MY BATTERY SEEMS TO HAVE GOTTEN STRONGER AFTER 4 TH CHARGE, 18HRS USING BLUETOOTH,4G DATA AND MANY APS. TOOK A LITTLE GETTING USED TO FOR VIEWING 3D PICS BUT WHEN THE SCREEN CLEARS OUT THE PICS COME ALIVE

Pros

• 4G
  • 3D
  • 2.3.3
  • DUAL CORE 1.2 IS THE SHIT