x PhoneArena is looking for new authors! To view all available positions, click here.
HTC EVO 3D Discussions
  • Options
    Close

EVO 3D Battery

euphorian 08 Apr 2011, 18:45 posted on

Will the battery in the EVO 3D be the same
as the battery in the original EVO ?

posted on 08 Apr 2011, 19:42

1. cody48 (Posts: 1; Member since: 29 Mar 2011)

From what I've been reading, the batteries will be significantly different.

The batter in the EVO 3D is a higher-capacity battery (1730 mAh in the EVO 3D vs. 1500 mAh in the original EVO), and as such, the battery in the EVO 3D is physically larger as well.

posted on 12 Apr 2011, 18:41

2. J (unregistered)

The duel core processor should also aleviate the amount of power that will be pulled from the battery at any given time. That along with the updates to power consumption with Android 2.3, the battery should be considerably better even if it was a 1500 MAH like the HTC EVO 4G

posted on 28 Apr 2011, 20:55

3. mike (unregistered)

I agree with both comments , but why would the camera only be 5mp when the EVO is 8 mp?

posted on 01 May 2011, 19:57

4. Jake (unregistered)

Read about megapixels:

http://kenrockwell.com/tech/mpmyth.htm

posted on 20 May 2011, 01:26

5. cnote678 (Posts: 4; Member since: 26 Dec 2009)

I agree with the guy above-Ken Rockwell's site is great and all his photography knowledge is spot on.

I'm happy to hear the take that the battery and core duality will translate into longer battery life...it certainly needs to, after the Evo I simply cannot stand another constantly dying phone.

posted on 09 Jun 2011, 00:40

6. elliotoe1 (unregistered)

question

will the battery of the htc evo 4g fit in the new htc evo 3d ? regardless of the 1500 mah or 1730 mah?

i ask this because i am getting the new 3d device and have a bunch of batteries from my orig evo ! i want to know if i can use them in the evo 3d ? will they fit ?

posted on 13 Jun 2011, 21:39

7. neutrax (unregistered)

i dont necessarily agree with the mega-pixel thing. it does make sense but it sounds more like someone trying to say okay here is why i only use this mp camera, it is fact that more megapixels means CLEANER, Sharper photos, in the case of my camera to my fiances my evo takes WAY! WAY better pictures than her lg optimus. that being said different brands can make a difference i have a 12.2mp digital camera and my sister has a 12.2 mine is fuji and idk what hers is but i paid like 75 for mine she paid like 350, youd think same MP same pictures NOPE... her are so clean and clear they always look professional no matter how shaky or dark or bright mine is subject to ever little detail of the process. my biggest arguement to getting less of a camera is ITS A 3d camera, and if you need better pictures dont use your cellphone buy a friggin camera some DSLR are very reasonably priced and take AMAZING pictures,

posted on 15 Jun 2011, 03:05

8. ezzix (unregistered)

i do agree with the mp thing.
a 5mp and an 8mp camera will take the exact same picture with an extreme subtle difference.
the only thing a camera with more megapixels can outdo over a camera with less, is the farther you can zoom in to one particular spot, while still holding a crisp look. thats it. so from a standpoint of two people in the same spot taking a picture of the same tree, the pictures from a 3.2, 5, and 8 mp camera on a phone will look almost perfectly identical. only when you digi zoom will you see a difference, and sorry but i dont really care about the ant on the tree, and cropping it out to show people. if i did, i'd macro the ant, not show off by zooming in 30 times lol.

posted on 09 Sep 2011, 14:21

9. luplay (unregistered)

i have an evo 3d, battery life is garbage due to the screen, it lasts a day, thats it

posted on 10 Sep 2011, 06:22

10. DigitalMagick (unregistered)

I agree, I also have an EVO 3d, The phone itself is FANTASTIC! In fact 5/5 stars for everything, except just one thing, the battery. the battery is lucky to get half a star out of 5, and that's because I'm a generous guy. I charge my phone twice a day. If you can accept and get used to that, then this is the best phone I've ever even played with. But if you spend more than 12 hours from an outlet...forget it.

posted on 12 Sep 2011, 20:35

11. Mr.T (unregistered)

yah i agree... i downloaded a battery indicator to check the battery status, and the battery life always goes down even if i dun do anything with the phone... if i leave the phone for like 2hrs without doin anything the battery goes down from 100% to 84% or sometimes even more........ i just dun knoe how to stop it... i mean come on i understand that if u play around with the phone then the battery goes down, but it goes down even if i dun touch the phone....

Want to comment? Please login or register.

Latest stories