HTC Droid Incredible User Reviews

Multimedia9.6/10

js
posted on 16 Jul 2010, 21:13

Droid Incredible !

I like everything about it except the battery life, that really sucks, I use my phone a lot and i have to charge it at least twice a day, and overnight why would I want a smartphone with all the bells and whistles and can't use everything because the battery is not good enough.another thing is that the contacts in the iPhone is better and easier to use, you can actually put peoples websites and they turn into links droids don't do that but I'm hoping they will correct those two things and I will be a Droid fan fore ever!!!

Pros

• Almost everything Really Rocks about it, Great Apps for it too !!!

Cons

• Battery Life SUCKS BIG TIME !!
  • Contacts could be improved some.

Ryan5542
posted on 15 Jun 2010, 10:58

This phone no doubt lives up to its name. (incredible)

Ive had this phone for about a week and except when i was asleep i have not put this phone down for more than 10 minutes. I cannot tell you how wonderful this phone really is. There are so many applications that improve the phones usability. HTC, Google, Android and Verizon work seamlessly together to compact everything wonderful about each of their companies and make a phone that is Incredible.

First off the Verizon coverage is second to none, hands down the top carrier in the U.S and i have been waiting for a phone like this for so long. Even though the Motorola Droid put android on the map it was clunky and ugly. The Verizon marketing department does a phenomenal job at making sure the public knows about their products. The commercials are 100 percent true. This phone is FAST and the camera is AMAZING. I love Verizon coverage and they may be expensive but compared to other companies you aren't paying more.

The desgin of the phone, by HTC is beautiful. The curves on the back are functionable and sexy. I feel that they do give the phone a sportscar inspired design. It feels solid in your hand, i dont feel the cheapness that some reviewers have pointed out. The phone is light and pocketable. The camera is stunning an 8 megapixel camera that really does, "capture every bit of light" as the verizon commercial says. The video capturing is not 720p but i think that it still is extremely close to HD quality. The 4...

Pros

• Design and Sleakness
  • Lightweight
  • Camera and Video Capture
  • Speed, Speed and more Speed
  • Call quality is superb
  • FEATURES OUT THE WAZZOOOO
  • Everything else i may have missed

Cons

• The battery is O.K
  • Time spent away from my phone.

posted on 13 Jun 2010, 18:23

just switched from an iphone 3gs. ive been using an iphone for 3 years and i have to say this phone is better. The only thing thats lacking is the battery life. Otherwise this phone is the current best phone you can possibly get. The 8 megapixel camera and the amoled display is just beautiful.

Pros

• EVERYTHING ABOUT IT IS GREAT

Cons

• battery life... but charge it every night and you'll be fine

pasq
posted on 22 May 2010, 18:05

A computer in me pocket!

i switched from the moto droid because of the super lag!  i use my phone as a laptop/netbook and i demand quality!  HTC makes the best phones on the market and this pone is simply amazing {thought i'd say incredible, didn't you).

Call quality baffles me. People are clear even when it says I'm on 1rt and the people I'm talking to say the say thing. The camera takes clear and vivid pics, though this is a smartphone, not a Nikon D-90!

The keyboard is just as good as the iPhone, I've used both, and dwarfs the moto droid!

The phone fits lovely in my hand and never feels top heavy or slips.  I am disappointed in its plastic build, but I can overlook that.

This phone plays video, runs spreadsheets and word docs, and apps fast and accurate!

This phone is all I can ever need or want!

Battery life is on par for any smartphone.

Pros

• everything but battery. I want my phone to run w/o a charge.

Cons

• I want my phone to run w/o a charge.
  • Not for the everyday consumer

Clayesha
posted on 21 May 2010, 11:24

Goodbye Iphone and Hello HTC

I am putting my Iphone out and moving in the HTC Incredible.  I have not received my phone yet, but it has to be better than this Iphone I have been using for the last year.  Att service sucks!!  A lot of phones do what the Iphone does not do and I am so sick and tired of updating my phone every month.  I did not think there was phone out there that would make me leave the Iphone, but I have found my new Mr. Rite!!

Titan Fishin
posted on 19 May 2010, 09:22

Is there anything else to ask for?

This device truly does it all, but more importantly it does it all unbelievably quick.  I do tasks on this device faster than on my pc.  Sometimes so fast that I forget I did them the integration with Gmail is perfect and items push back and forth instantly.  This is a dream coming from windows mobile that did everything but certainly not like the Incredible.  It truly is incredible.

Pros

• Speed, Has not crashed, reliability, always ready, multitasking, browsing, multitouch, sense ui, too much.....

Cons

• they are back ordered so you all will have to probably wait.......

THE PHONE MAC
posted on 14 May 2010, 14:34

TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE!!!!!

BEST PHONE EVER HANDS DOWN!!   The HTC Droid Incredible is blazingly fast, thanks to Verizon's 3G network. HTC Sense enhances the features of Android 2.1, and the smartphone features an 8-megapixel camera and 8GB of internal memory. Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS, and 3G are all onboard.

Pros

• EVERY THING WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOW

Cons

• IS YOU CRAZY!!

BlackberryUser
posted on 14 May 2010, 11:02 (Posts: 609; Member since: 26 Jun 2009)

HTC Incredible from loyal Blackberry User

I've been a loyal Blackberry User for many years and now carry an HTC Incredible.  (Still have my AT&T Blackberry though).This phone has been a great phone and I would recommend it to anybody.  The keyboard works great, I thought I would hate the touch screen keyboard after playing with a few other phones.  The large screen is great for applications, games, internet browsing, etc...The battery life isn't very good, it comes factory with a 1300 battery, I hear you can put the Droid Eris 1750 battery in it without any problems.  Also I believe there is an extended battery that may be around 3500 for it, but it comes with an extended back.  The 1750 is the exact dimensions of the factory battery.If you're buying a new smart phone on Verizon I recommend either this phone or the Blackberry Bold to be released later this month.Blackberry is good for email and this phone is good for everything else.  There seems to be an application for almost everything you could imagine.  If you have a complaint about the phone, look for an app that does it differently or fixes the complaint.

Pros

• Processor
  • UI / OS
  • Touch Screen
  • Apps

Cons

• Email (I like Blackberry email better. Combined mail box, one app for gmail and non-gmail accounts, etc...)

ickyob
posted on 12 May 2010, 17:15 (Posts: 24; Member since: 19 Mar 2010)

Loving my new INCREDIBLE Phone

Well, I have had my new Droid Incredible for less than a week now, and I must say that I absolutely love it.  I upgraded from using a G1 on T-Mobile and couldn't be happier.  Don't get me wrong, the G1 was a decent phone, and I had no problems with my T-Mobile service in my area.  But after nearly a year using the G1, it just got to be really bogged down and slow.  I would click to open an app, or try to swipe from one home screen to another, and I'd just be sitting and waiting for way to long.  None of these problems have present with the Incredible.  The phone is 110% percent receptive to all touch commands.  Typing on the onscreen keyboard is a delight, and the auto spelling corrector is a life saver!  The web browsing is out of this world, best mobile browser I've seen yet, with the addition of flash lite support.  I even tried a speed test against a friend who has a Nexus One, and my Incredible was loading the full version of some pages faster than he could load the mobile version.  I downloaded and have been using the Dolphin Browser HD, and it's everything you could expect from a browser and more.  Direct download of youtube videos?!? Yes please!  This phone truly lives up to it's name.  As far as the actual call quality, I have no complaints.  Signal strength seems to always be low, (1 or 2 bars) but as others have said, that may just be a display error.  I have yet...

Pros

• Super fast and responsive touch screen, PC like web browsing, great syncing capabilities, good music playback, EXCELLENT camera, good call quality, everything basically.

Cons

• None that I've come across yet!

Jon B
posted on 12 May 2010, 09:41

Two week owner honest review.

The phone is awesome for the most part. All features are great and I love its usability. I have had my problems, most of which seem to be software related and can be fixed with an update. The speed, quality, etc is awesome. I have actually found this more usable, faster than my friends iPhone and my dads iPod Touch. Also faster than the droid. I was lucky to get the free 2GB memory card, otherwise it seems to require a microSD card for some applications to work (Slacker radio, etc).
*To elaborate on pros and cons:
Pros - The design in amazing sleek and small but easy to hold. Speed this thing is fast... fast at loading fast at switching screens, fast at everything. Instant access to streams of facebook, twitter, etc. If you don't like some stock apps there are other options in the Android Market. Swype is awesome on this. Many programs available on Droid run better on this. Storage space is awesome. 8 GB internal (6.6 avail after formating etc) for pix and music etc, and 768 available for program download. Plus 512 MB of RAM. The camera has great quality and works well (one issue). Speaker is superb. Access to contacts is awesome. Multiple home screens is amazing, "different phone" for work, home, travel. FM radio is good, although I don't use it much. Replaceable Battery and expandable microSD definitely put this above the iPhone. Camera quality is great. I have noticed a major difference in pictures, compared to other smart phones. this can easily be seen in "Mobile Upload"...

Pros

• Speed, Customization, HTC SenseUI, storage space, expandability, replaceability, RAM, camera, speaker, FM Radio, Design

Cons

• Initial battery life ( but that improved over time), Camera app bug, internet app issue, occasional call quality issue. Design.

Paul Rivers
posted on 11 May 2010, 02:59

Reception mediocre, sound quality mediocre

I'm very disappointed with this phone, even moreso after reading all the "oh the phone is so great" reviews.

There are several things I like about it. For one, the interface is really snappy. It's great. And the speakerphone is really solid - it's the first phone I've ever had where I actually enjoyed using the speakerphone. There are some annoying quirks (entering a smiley face while texting is unnecessarily cumbersome, can't just hit 3 keys and it's done), but nothing I couldn't live with. Zooming in and out on the browser is great. Sometimes trying to click on a link is super annoying - you touch the screen in  one place, but it just keeps insisting you're trying to click on the other links around it. And...well there's some other idiosyncrasies with the phone that I could have lived with.

But in the area where it really mattered - being able to use the phone ** as a phone ** the phone falls short.

Reception-wise, rather than being "wow this is great" - it's slightly below average. For comparison, my previous cell phone was/is a Samsung Gleam. I won't bore you with the leadup, but eventually I was prompted to test them both at my house. I called my voicemail with my Incredible while sitting at my desk behind my computer. I listened to the same message 3 times - 2 of those three times there were definite dropouts in the conversation. What I mean is - the call never dropped, but little parts of the call dropped out. Like someone would say a phone number, and I would hear...

Pros

• Speedy interface and apps/games
  • Really solid speakerphone
  • Thin and light (for a smartphone)
  • Sound volume

Cons

• Mediocre Reception
  • While volume was good, sound was a little robotic and voices not as detailed as with previous phone - slightly more trouble understanding people.

lala
posted on 08 May 2010, 22:14

for the battery.

Pros

• You guys keep grumbling about the battery. Download the apps. Its called " advance task killer" its for free. It'll kill all the apps that are open. And it will not kill your battery as fast. For example you're on Facebook and you killed it from this app you can go back to this and it'll be on still. You don't need to resign back in. This app just prevent the battery not from dying easily.

Mark Reeves
posted on 07 May 2010, 11:31

TC Incredible

I have never written a review of any product, let alone a cell phone.  This is by far the best cell phone I have owned (LG Touch, Palm Treo, Microsoft Mobile model).  It is fast with excellent functionality.  The battery life has gotten better after the 5th or 6th complete charge...it now lasts a whole day easily.  I have not had any shut-downs or foced closures or really any problems.  The daylight visibilty of the screen is poor but not a problem for me.  It may sound cliche' but this phone is "incredible!"  I also really enjoy the ease and functionality of the Sense UI.

• Features
  • Sense Ui

Cons

• Poor screen in daylight
  • OK battery life

flintoid
posted on 03 May 2010, 16:49

A good touch screen smart phone on a good network

I'm no fanboi by any means, so hopefully this is pretty unbiased.   Here's some background first:  I am on the verizon network because my parents, brothers, and girlfriend all are on it.  This is the only reason why.  Their phones have been ok for me primarily because I haven't ventured into the smartphone environment yet... until now.  That being said, I doubt I could ever go back to a dumb phone again.

Anyways, here's what I like about the phone

-consolidates my facebook, gmail, and old backed-up phone contacts quite nicely.  The 'link' feature cleans up the lists very well.
-fast and snappy.  My girlfriend has a Samsung Omnia and I can't stand how it studders and lags.  If this phone was going to be anything like that, it was going to be returned promptly.  Thankfully, it is not.  And the capacitive screen is very Iphone-ish.  I love using my friends Iphones and finally I have a phone that feels of the same breed of quality
-slim profile
-ease of use for the operating system

and, of course, here is what I don't like:

-it feels like if I dropped it that the glass would shatter.  This is not good because I don't believe in forking over any more money on a plan in the form of insurance
-battery gets zapped when used heavily.  And by "heavily" I mean running games, surfing the web, and dicking around with the phone as a new user.  A flight sim app basically shortened it's life to 5 hours.  Expected,...

Pros

• Fast and responsive
  • Lots of memory
  • UI is very intuitive and very easy to get along with
  • Sense does a great job consolidating all of your contacts
  • Thin profile feels good in the pocket
  • Good music player
  • Camera surprises me for a cell phone
  • HD video recording in your pocket, all the time, is incredibly handy

Cons

• Battery door feels janky when you take it off
  • Battery runs down fast on heavy usage (I know, my fault, but still)
  • Apps aren't quite up to par with Apple

posted on 02 May 2010, 11:16

I'll pass

I don't really need internet at my tips for many reasons. I just mostly text, talk and take pics. I'm always around a computer if I need internet or husband has moto driod, so I just use his and save the $30 plan.
Anyway, I was going to get this since my new every two is up, or just get the reality since all I need it to text, talk, and take pics.

I know this sounds like a crazy comparison, but here is it:

HTC Driod's photo quality and speed of pics are amazing. I took pics of cars driving by the store, and they are clear. It beats the moto droid (moto droid takes slow pics), and beats the reality in quality. HOWEVER, the camera softare sucks and it's hard to take pics. The software is very basic -- no option for multishot. Also, it's hard to zoom without hitting the back button or some other other that kicks you out of the camera. It also doesn't have a camera hot button.  So, if I did want to snap a really quick pic, I wouldn't be able to do it with this some. It's hard to hold and press the right buttons for pictures.

The reality has awesome software for pics and it's super easy to grap, push the camera buttom, and take a quick shot. It's better than the moto droid, too in this respect.  I wish, though, the the resolution was higher than 3.2 and it had a droid procesor.

In terms of talking, it's easy to make a call from both phones. However, the reality has a great speaker phone. I use speker phone a lot.  When I tried...

Toonage
posted on 01 May 2010, 23:35

Moto Droid owner who Just got the Incredible

I owned the Moto Droid and decided to go to the Incredible for no other reason but to have the Snapdragon processor.  Wow, what a difference.  The speed difference browsing the Internet is very noticeable and loading apps is crazy fast, these are both things I do on a regular basis.  Over the past 6 years I have always insisted on having a physical keyboard, and was very skeptical in going with out one.  The first thing I notice is that I make fewer mistakes on the virtual keyboard and the voice recognition for nearly every application is very accurate.  Really no need for a physical keyboard any more, and love the size of the phone with out one.  Yes the battery isn't as good as the Moto droid, but who cares?  A couple things to consider.... The processor is running at nearly twice the speed, there are several apps that help clear running programs which will add 25% to 50% to your battery (advanced task manager and Automatic task killer to name two, both free) and longer battery equals larger a phone.  There are ways to increase battery life on ANY advanced device.....  Lower screen brightness, shut off bluetooth when not in use (one touch widget), turn off GPS unless your using the navigation (car panel is awesome)...  And realize the first week your going to be loading this beast up with apps, more then you would regularly.  The HTC software thats loaded on the device is very slick.  I love the pinch feature that lets...

Pros

• - SPEED!!!
  • - Size
  • - Widgets streamline social networking experience.
  • - Awesome screen
  • - Camera
  • - More pages allows for more widgets and apps

Cons

• - signal strength is lower, but its Verizon.... NEVER No signal.
  • - Battery is lower then other devices
  • - More pages could be more confusing for the novice user.

acquaz10
posted on 01 May 2010, 14:11 (Posts: 28; Member since: 04 Sep 2009)

Incredible....for the first few days...

I was so excited to get this phone. I'm a teenager and this is my first real smart phone. I loved all the features for the first few days. Then everything went wrong. A lot of the applications keep force closing. It constantly reboots itself. Now the touch sensitive buttons don't work. Each time i unlock it, it takes 30 seconds for the lights to come on on them. When the lights aren't on you have to keep pushing them for them to register that your pressing it.This phone is going back. The battery life SUCKS! I go a half a day, charge it, then by 7:00 it needs to be charged again. I might wait a few for maybe a software update to fix the rebooting when the signal is low. Who knows what I'm going to do. But its not as incredible as it seems. Plus I do miss a physical keyboard.

Pros

• fast, Sense UI

Cons

• battery, keeps rebooting

DarkIncredible
posted on 01 May 2010, 12:38

Awesome phone!!!

I love that you can customize it, left from right, themes, security...no viruses, wallpapers, its a fun phone especially when my friend gave me the link to get all paid apps free....I have to say the quality is actually better than what i heard, i bought the screen cover and case and it looks beautiful
.....
I do have to say the battery is better than the palm pre plus i had but it could be better, i hope in future updates it will be....YET ONE THING I NOTICED IS THAT IN ABOUT 15 MINUTES IT CHARGED FROM 81 PERCENT TO 92 PERCENT.....SO THATS PRETTY DECENT....I just love it, oh and the design i love it, its niice simple and i love the back design

Pros

• GREAT RECEPTION, EVEN IF YOU HAVE 1 OR 2 BARS, AMAZING
  • GREAT CUSTOMIZATION, LOTS OF APPS
  • CHARGES BATTERY FAST
  • CAMERA IS NICE
  • VERY RESPONSIVE AND BRIGHT, AND FAST
  • Voice-text

Cons

• Battery could be a bit better
  • I guess if you think about metal could have been used but then it would have been heavier, i like it light

posted on 01 May 2010, 08:55

Android Superstar

This phone is really king of the mountain. Everything except the battery life is amazing on this phone. But for those who like their hardware keyboards the Moto Droid is the one for you. Although I wouldnt upgrade form a Moto Droid to the Droid Incredible I feel that it overall is the best android phone on the market and Verizons best phone option.

Pros

• Memory
  • Sense UI
  • Processor
  • Optical Joystick

DeJay
posted on 01 May 2010, 08:16

Moto Droid Still - BIG DADDY

Moto Droid still BIG DADDY  by DeJayAfter waiting for this phone and receiving it; it's going back TODAY!!!!Yes this phone is a bit faster than Big Daddy but if you blinked, you'd miss the difference. I've had this phone in my hand for two days and spent most of that 48hrs with this phonePs. Can't wait to Verizon opens today!! Get my $300 plus back and save it for a real phone.

Pros

• A bit faster

Cons

• Signal Strength, battery life, and display in sunlight and design quality is horrible. FEELS LIKE A TOY!!

SDTRV
posted on 30 Apr 2010, 00:09

SUPERIOR ANDRIOID PHONE

I received this phone two days ago and previously had the Android Eris.  I must say that the phone is far superior to the Eris phone in most every way.  First the screen is much larger and easier to read.  The color range displayed on the phone are immense and colorful.  I find that the touch response is incredible and have not really noticed a lag in performance when switching between screens.  The only downfall that I notice has been the battery life.  I plan on purchasing the extended battery when it becomes available.  The animated wallpapers and customization available on the phone are great as well.  I find that the Facebook integration is a little more tight with the contacts as well as the Flickr and twitter streams.  I do like the upgrades in the applications made available on this model compared to the Eris.  The one software upgrade that has been most noticeable to me is the Bluetooth software.  I never really had consistent or strong bluetooth connections previously.  I highly recommend this phone.

Pros

• Display (size and resolution)
  • Software upgrade
  • HTC Sense interface
  • Processor Speed
  • Memory
  • Customization

Cons

• Design could feel a little more high end than what was created. In particular due to the high price point for this phone I think HTC could have spent a little more time on the design and materials.

tafree04
posted on 29 Apr 2010, 21:00

Great Freakin phone!!!!

This phone is sweet! It's fast and very responsive. The only issue with mine and my girlfriends Incredible is that the signal strength is not that good. Verizon said it might be a software issue and that it's not actually representing the signal strength because we have not had a dropped call or bad call quality when we had 1 bar. So hopefully that could be fixed easily. We are experiencing echoing when we talk into the phone though, but that's off and on. Verizon tech support made a ticket about that. But other than those 2 issues it works great. Best phone out there until the Evo and new iphone come out.

Pros

• Just about everything

Cons

• The 2 issues I described in the review.

techjunkie
posted on 29 Apr 2010, 21:06 (Posts: 13; Member since: 23 Jan 2009)

Just Perfect!

Excellent edition to the growing selection of Verizon Droid family, recieved this device today although it came scratched I'm loving it! Called verizon and told them I received the device damaged and I should recieve a new one on the 2nd, The phone is blazing fast and responsive when touched the screen is near flawless and despite what Phonearena said about the feel of quality is just not the case. The phone is pretty light when compared to other smartphones but the feel of sturdyness is there and the new HTC touch sense is great! There is a lot oh horsepower under the hood and it feels great to know what your phone is capable of. Maybe Verizon could offer interchangable rear covers with different colors and designs to add some personalization and flare!

Pros

• Very Fast
  • Excellent display
  • great call quality
  • ultra light

Cons

• Back cover could have been metal with a locking mechanism
  • Nothing else really to gripe about

schendtj
posted on 29 Apr 2010, 15:02

A wonderful addition to HTC, Android, and Verizon

I received the phone yesterday, and after a hefty testing session (went through 2 battery charges already), I must say; this is an amazing phone.  I don't have many negatives to say about it (see pros/cons).

Overall, not a 10/10 on every field (the camera thing and back piece have me wanting more), but an amazing phone, and the best you can get on Verizon right now.  If you have a Moto Droid already, I wouldn't upgrade for this one (unless you really like the Sense UI), but this is a solid phone choice for anyone looking to renew/switch.

Thanks HTC/Verizon/Google for keeping me a happy phone customer for the next 2 years!

Pros

• - Amazing Speed
  • - Bright, beautiful screen (except in direct sunlight, but isn't that pretty normal?)
  • - Verizon didn't screw this up by blocking features!
  • - Slim, but still feels relatively sturdy
  • - Camera is crisp, and pictures come out exceptionally well for a mobile device
  • - This is really a personal preference, but I love the HTC Sense UI.

Cons

• - The back cover is a little flimsy when prying it off to insert the battery, but it's something that hopefully doesn't happen often, so it's not a big deal.
  • - I did manage to get a few apps to crash on me, so that would be something that I'd look to get fixed (and no details, just a "force close" option)
  • - Battery life is a little bit low
  • - Camera lens is outside the main profile of the phone, could lead to scratches/fingerprints/etc.