HTC DROID Incredible 4G LTE User Reviews

Text input7.8/10
Everyday usage8.7/10
UI speed8.7/10

Joehaley6
posted on 28 May 2014, 22:53 (Posts: 0; Member since: 28 May 2014)

Squandered potential.

Joehaley6 has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

I loved this phone when I first got it. The size was great, it fit right in my pocket. I had no problem with the smaller 4" screen, since images were actually incredibly clear, and colors were incredibly accurate. It was my first experience with 4G LTE, so the phone seemed blazing fast. The Snapdragon S4 Plus looked to be a pretty solid chip and Ice Cream Sandwich was pretty snappy on it. I never had any connectivity issues at all.

However, there were problems.

The first time I had to warranty the phone, it was because the phone would turn itself off, and wouldn't start back up until it decided to. It just got stuck in the boot up screen. I tried doing a factory reset. No dice.

The second time I had to warranty the phone, it kept getting stuck in dock mode. I took it to a VZW Corporate store, and their tech said it was likely because of an issue with the USB port, and that he fixed it by straightening out the connector's pins. An hour later, same thing. Maybe it was the male connector, then. New chargers didn't help. I even downloaded an app for a couple bucks to completely disable dock mode, and that didn't work either. Warrantied again.

A few months later, I noticed VZW isn't even selling the phone anymore. It was only on the market for a year. I guess I wasn't the only one having problems, and I guess I was due for another. I noticed my pocket getting extremely hot at work, and after hearing about Samsungs exploding batteries, I immediately pulled my phone out and yanked...

Build quality 1/10 Warrantied multiple times for multiple reasons. I got fed up with it. The shell by the headphone jack kept developing a crack on each device.
Reception 8/10 Performed well.
Call quality 9/10 Pretty clear voice quality.
Internet 9/10 4G LTE is stupid fast.
Multimedia 8/10 Headphone jack issues bring it down a little.
Camera 8/10 Response time is mediocre at best, but produced high quality images.
UI speed 8/10 The Snapdragon S4 Plus made it pretty snappy, but Jellybean never made it to the device as HTC had stated it would.
Everyday usage 5/10 It doesn't work every day.
Text input 7/10 The smaller screen may have come into play here, but I feel that HTC's software was a little lacking here. Google Keyboard was a huge improvement when I downloaded it.
Display 8/10 Good display, but it's nothing that will blow you away.
Battery 4/10 Maybe I worked it too hard, but it really felt like I only got about two hours of internet use per charge.

kirk_lazarus
posted on 13 Apr 2014, 23:14 (Posts: 0; Member since: 13 Apr 2014)

could have been a good phone

kirk_lazarus has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

yes it could have been a good phone if it had received android 4.1 jelly bean as it was promised by htc . I bought it in December 2012 cause I read articles about phones expecting to be updated to android 4.1 jellybean ; the htc droid incredible 4g lte was on that list . after 1 year & 1 month , instead of receiving android 4.1 , Verizon & htc decided to upgrade it from the laggy android 4.0.1 to the as laggy android 4.0.4 , it is still running the laggy ice cream sandwich & sense 4.0 . I'm not an android expert , I'm not into rooting my phone & installing launchers , I just want my phone to just work .the problem with this phone wasn't the hardware . it was the os or software ( android 4.0 or sense 4.0) . it is a decent looking phone though. I have moved on to the Motorola droid mini which is great because of android 4.4 kitkat

Internet 8/10 the os lags , so browsing the net is a pain
Camera 8/10 it's not the best camera . it's just decent
UI speed 4/10 I don't know if the problem is android 4.0 or sense 4.0 . but this phone is painfully laggy
Text input 7/10 between the size of the screen & the occasional lag , entering text isn't a good experience
Battery 6/10 cdma just drains the battery specially when you're in a basement .

Pros

• nfc
  • beat audio

Cons

• verizon's tendency to not push out updates
  • bluetooth L.E
  • sense 4.0

RedblackG
posted on 09 Jan 2013, 09:26 (Posts: 1; Member since: 11 Dec 2011)

Decently mediocre

RedblackG has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

Overall, I'm glad that I have this device. I am a very media oriented user, lots of pictures and music, and this phone fits the bill nicely. The Beats Audio, much to my surprise, actually does make a difference when listening through my car stereo via aux cable. The bass is much more defined and even voices seem a bit clearer when the Beats is active.

I came from a Galaxy Nexus and I can't wait to go back to it, however. The screen size is really quite small (which I knew when I activated it) but I wasn't expecting text input to be so difficult. I don't have gorilla-sized hands but I still find it very difficult to be as accurate on this device as others when typing. The space bar is very small and I find myself accidently hitting the 'b' or 'v' key instead of the space when typing.

The battery life is quite excellent, especially considering how much music I am listening to all day long.

I do have two pet peeves about the UI, you have to go into the settings to change the wallpaper. I know this is incredibly picky but, it seems silly to me to have to go into the settings into personalization when every other device I have used only requires a long press on the home screen to adjust the wallpaper settings. The other complaint I have is the unlock screen. There is no way to turn off the ring unlock. I found it awkward that there was the initial HTC ring unlock, then the user defined unlock is a secondary step. This to me seems redundant and for HTC to have one of the...

Build quality 9/10 The materials seem to be solid, though the back feels a bit cheap with the plastic they used.
Internet 8/10 I found that the screen size inhibits the browsing experience. For being connected to 4G LTE almost all the time, the browser doesn't seem to be too quick.
Camera 9/10 Quite impressed with the quality it produces, the only complaint is that the flash is very weak.
Text input 6/10 The screen is very small and the keyboard is very cramped. I find myself hitting wrong keys frequently. Also, the predictive text is very disappointing on this device.
Display 6/10 Display quality is decent, but certainly nothing to write home about.
Battery 10/10 This is the first device I can go from the time I get up in the morning until the time I go to bed and not have to charge my phone. Very impressed by the battery life.

Pros

• Beats Audio
  • 8mp Camera
  • User Interface

Cons

• Screen Size (too small)
  • Text Input/Keyboard
  • Camera Flash is very weak

Heretic
posted on 18 Jan 2013, 04:10 (Posts: 16; Member since: 12 Jun 2012)

Very Good Voice/Call Quality

Heretic has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

I've had this phone for just two days, and the countless rave reviews i read about it's voice/call quality are right on.

Talk about hearing and being heard clearly!

By the way, the phone's other functions don't mean squat to me.

Build quality 10/10 Feels solid. Doesn't feel like it's made from cheap materials.
Reception 10/10 Unlike too many other consumers, i get LTE indoors.
Call quality 10/10 I can hear and be heard very clearly.
Internet 10/10 I have yet to use this phone for that.
Multimedia 8/10 I have yet to get into the multimedia part of this phone.
Camera 8/10 While not the best, it's a lot better than the camera on the lg env touch.
UI speed 10/10 It's fast enough for me.
Everyday usage 10/10 I use my phone mostly to make and receive calls. So it's above adequate.
Text input 8/10 I haven't tried that yet on this phone.
Display 10/10 The display is so much better than any phone i've had in the past.
Battery 10/10 I use this phone mostly for making and receiving calls, so i don't have to worry about the battery quitting on me.

Pros

• voice/call quality, one hand operable, pocketable

Cons

• None yet. If i find a con i hope phonearena will let me edit this review
  • I found 1 con. When sorting contacts into groups, there's no "business" group.

LionStone
posted on 26 Sep 2012, 13:32 (Posts: 445; Member since: 10 Dec 2010)

DROIDInc4 is a little beast!

LionStone has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

Great little phone with big power and great battery life. If you only get 4-5 hrs, you definitely jacked it up because I'm getting 12-15 hrs on 4G the whole time! I use the mobile hotspot and connect to my other devices and it plugs along without a whimper!

Build quality 10/10 HTC continues to build well made phones that feel natural and comfortable form factor.
Reception 10/10 All my HTC phones have excelled in reception, their radios are up there with the best in the business, moto.
Call quality 10/10 Never any issues with m call quality, very reliable...well I am on VZW too.
Camera 10/10 I'm a camera buff and the amount of options and capability on my HTC devices makes the point and shoot obsolete.
UI speed 10/10 Smooth as butter and don't even have JellyBean yet.
Everyday usage 10/10 No complaints...it bangs out everything I throw at it.
Text input 10/10 Excellent, I use the native swype sometimes or I'll switch it with an easy pull down in notification bar to stock or Smart Keyboard Plus, so many option....
Display 10/10 Very clean display and tight text makes it very easy to see.
Battery 10/10 The new processor plays very nice with LTE and I have it all around me so my Inc4 stays in 4G and makes it through the whole day and no more carrying an extra battery!

Pros

• Too many to list

Cons

• wifi notification icon in notifications

tx2ma
posted on 15 Sep 2012, 05:26 (Posts: 0; Member since: 15 Sep 2012)

Best 4" Android, period.

tx2ma has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

I am in what seems to be a minority of users who wants a "small" Android phone with high-end specs. Seems as though all the smaller phones are the entry-level ones with basic feature sets. I previously had the HTC Evo Design 4G on Sprint, which is essentially the same phone on the outside but with lower-end "insides". When I saw the Droid Incredible 4G, I jumped ship from Sprint after 15 years and got it. After 2 months of use, I'm 99% satisfied. It's a great overall package, especially if you want a reasonably-sized phone. I'm definitely not a phablet fanboy.

The best features, in my opinion, are the camera, the overall performance of the CPU/graphics, and the very good battery life. The camera on this thing is outstanding. The shutter speed is exceptionally quick; way better than even my most recent point n shoot Sony digital camera. On top of that, it takes impressive pictures even in low-light or without a flash. There are a good deal of settings to play around with. I found the best pics generally come by using a manual ISO of 400 and by selecting the appropriate manual light setting such as "fluorescent", "cloudy" etc. (don't use auto for anything!). The UI/ overall performance is smooth as butter, with no lag, and nice quick response, even with a bunch of junk like Norton Mobile Security running. Boot up time is notably fast. And to round it out, this phone has the best battery life of any smartphone I've owned. I can easily make it through a 10-11 hour...

Build quality 8/10 Left side back cover occasionally squeaks/flexes
Internet 10/10 LTE speeds in Boston are amazing. 30Mbps down, 20 up.
Camera 10/10 Outstanding camera. Extremely fast shutter. Clean, crisp, vibrant images. Many tweakable settings. The best feature of this phone.
UI speed 10/10 No lag. Instant response. Sense is slick, and quick. Absolutely no complaints with overall performance.
Everyday usage 10/10 Perfect form factor, for me at least. Great size, easy to squeeze into pocket.
Text input 9/10 Typical Sense keyboard with "Trace" feature; I find the prediction feature very accurate. Very good overall.
Display 10/10 275ppi is pretty respectable. Very bright, clear screen. 960x540 is a good resolution. Unlike some media reviews I've read, I don't have any problems viewing from realistic angles.
Battery 8/10 By far the best battery life of any Android I've owned; while not ideal, it is definitely satisfactory.

Pros

• Great camera
  • Good battery life
  • Smooth, quick, responsive performance
  • Perfect form factor

Cons

• Persistent "turn on wi-fi" notification, can't be turned off
  • Stock HTC mail app issues/bugs

tx2ma alternatives:

jakesky40
posted on 11 Aug 2012, 09:26 (Posts: 0; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)

Incredible 4g review

jakesky40 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

I have had this phone for some time now, and it's been decent. I do like the 4G speeds and I do prefer the HTC sense UI over any other android UI out there. the build quality is fairly good along with the reception and the call quality when using the phone. however I did not like the display or the camera, the display would washout to nearly nothing and sunlight and had terrible viewing angles in my opinion, the camera was pretty good but I did not prefer the video on it as there is no way I can make it steady regardless of how well I hold it. The worst thing about it I would say is the battery life with only about four hours or five hours of pretty heavy use I could never make it through a day on one charge

Pros

• build quality
  • call quality
  • UI design

Cons

• Battery!!!
  • display washing out
  • keyboard

jakesky40 alternatives:

Jamo0420
posted on 10 Aug 2012, 08:45 (Posts: 0; Member since: 10 Aug 2012)

Best Incredible ever

Jamo0420 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Best Incredible to date! HTC took everything you could want your phone to do and put it in the Incredible 4G LTE! With Android 4.0.3 skinned with HTC amazingly intuitive Sense 4 you can not go wrong with this phone! One mistake phonearena made is they said that The Inc4 is not dual mode CDMA/GSM they are wrong it is GSM compatible being one of Verizons 4G LTE global phones.

Build quality 10/10 As to be expected HTC never does wrong in Build quality. I love how HTC uses a metal frame unlike most phones that are all plastic
Reception 10/10 great signal i get LTE everywhere in the SLC Utah valley
Call quality 10/10 100% great
Internet 10/10 With verizons LTE you can never go wrong
Multimedia 10/10 Sense does things with media you wouldnt have expected unlike anyother and with Beats by Dre linked into every media you play on the Inc4 you get the best sound ever!!
Camera 10/10 8MP 1080p video with the ability to capture pictures while recording awesome
UI speed 10/10 sense 4 nuf said
Everyday usage 10/10 second nature
Text input 10/10 best swipe ive ever used built in so simple
Display 10/10 small and sexy
Battery 10/10 i can go all day with moderate use and not have to worry and HTC offers an extended battery if you would like

babyboy14622
posted on 07 Jul 2012, 18:30 (Posts: 26; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)

HTC DROID Incredible 4G

babyboy14622 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

best htc 4.0 phone i have had out of any other phone. this is a great size of phone. the screen is immaculant, ease of use, sound quality, hd phone, doesnt drop calls, signal strength is great. i rate this phone myself a 10. camera/ camcorder is awesome to use.