HTC DROID Incredible 2 User Reviews

UI speed8.9/10
Camera9.1/10
Multimedia8.9/10

coltech88
posted on 28 Jan 2013, 17:38 (Posts: 5; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)

HTC Droid Incredible 2 Reflections

coltech88 has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I like this phone, but it has been an up and down process. Recently, the phone would not recognize any SIM card, so I had to send it back to get it fixed. Now that that works, I found another problem - reception of cell signals. I found a fix on the Youtube (foil and Scotch tape) and also found out that the contacts for the antenna on the back cover don't engage well with the contacts inside the phone. Thus, I put some foil blobs in each of the contact holes and it is working now. I get a -65 signal whereas it was at an unusable -119 db level. I have written this up in a hubpages article and other user experiences. I also have photos that this phone makes. The camera is awesome, which is the primary reason I bought the phone, but I have generally taken a liking to HTC products.
An extended battery helps the phone keep going through the day, otherwise you will be charging it before the day is over with normal use.

Pros

• Nice cameras, good colors
  • Nice weight
  • Good feel
  • Good for Skyping with video
  • Easy to enter text

Cons

• Lousy cell phone reception, needs a fix, found one on Youtube, but I also found that the back cover contacts don't engage well. This is a manufacturin defect
  • Memory clogs easily and phone reboots, need to clean it regularly
  • Battery life. Definitely needs an extended battery
  • Difficult to root, but doable
  • No ICS, Jelly Bean, etc. HTC has abandoned this phone.

Advantage1
posted on 10 Jan 2013, 09:53

The Incredible 2 is Incredible no doubt!

Advantage1 has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

I have owned my Incredible 2 since 11/11. I have sense dropped it complety submerged into a pitcher of beer (by mistake) and it came out with no liquid damage. and was able to be turned on and to take a picture and post online immediatly following the submersion in beer.

Reception 10/10 Never Dropped 1 call.
Camera 10/10 flash is amazing. Camera pictures always come out looking great
Battery 10/10 Battery is fantastic. just turn your brightness below auto and will easily survive a 12 hr day

cybervlad81
posted on 30 Dec 2011, 00:49 (Posts: 84; Member since: 04 Apr 2011)

Not too shabby

cybervlad81 has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

Does not feel cheep.
Reception, even after patches, is still not that great when compared with other VZW phones.
Camera does great job for me, love bright dual flash.

Build quality 10/10 Does not feel cheep.
Reception 6/10 Reception, even after patches, is still not that great when compared with other VZW phones
Camera 10/10 Camera does great job for me, love bright dual flash,
Everyday usage 9/10 Very happy with the phone, reception is only issue, and only one in those on the edge areas.
Battery 7/10 Smartphones do a lot... Android smart phones do a hell of a lot...

techie123
posted on 27 Nov 2011, 22:45 (Posts: 54; Member since: 25 Mar 2009)

Great phone for a LOW price (red one was free at Verizon after Thanksgiving)...

techie123 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Had the D-Inc-1 and needed a global phone (quad band GSM radio). Looked at the options and the D-Inc-2 is the one to get! Slightly larger screen (4" versus the 3.7" on the D-Inc-1) and slightly more RAM. Slightly better battery. And slightly better screen. With a familiar HTC interface. All adds up to great upgrade from the D-Inc-1. Works great and feels faster, even though the processor is the same. Verizon also gave me the unlock code so I can use the phone in a foreign country with a phone number which is local to the country I'm visiting (saves a bundle on Verizon international roaming - which at $2/min is ridiculous).

Camera 9/10 I think the iPhone 4S has a "best in class" camera
Battery 10/10 clearly better than the D-Inc-1

Pros

• just a great upgrade from the D-Inc-1 (with GSM radio for global use)
  • currently the best global phone on Verizon (iPhone does not count because although it has GSM radio, you still cannot use with foreign SIM card due to software restrictions in iOS)

Cons

• camera is not nearly as good as the iPhone 4S

M-Walsh
posted on 05 Sep 2011, 16:27 (Posts: 7; Member since: 02 Sep 2011)

Lives up to its name once again!

M-Walsh has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

I've owned the original Incredible since December of 2010, and I absolutely loved it and I told myself, I would never leave HTC. I debated between the Droid 3 and the Inc2 for about 2 months before coming back to HTC, and I am so glad I chose this phone! Its really fast for a single core processor, and it has GINGERBREAD!! Something the Incredible is never going to get.

I love the front facing camera, its a really good quality for 1.3 megapixels. I love the casing, its aluminum instead of plastic. And I love how the 4 buttons (home, menu, back and search) are invisible with the screen off. The LED is so much brighter than the original Incredible, and the speaker is amazing. It even has a set of noise canceling microphones!

It has the newest version of HTC Sense, and it even packed in a set of picture effects other than the standard Negative, Aqua, Sepia ect.. and overall, I'm pleased with the camera quality! Listening to music, I'm happy with the sound quality.. it even comes with an equilizer! It comes with a 16 gig sd card and thats a huge plus for me! I love the new widgets Gingerbread came with. The battery will drain fairly quickly if you don't know how to handle apps. I love this phone and I would tell anyone to get it!

KotaB59801
posted on 15 Aug 2011, 00:34 (Posts: 0; Member since: 14 Aug 2011)

Should have went with the Iphone

KotaB59801 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

I must have got a bad apple cause. I thought I was doing everything right before I got my droid. I read all the reviews I could find, researched as much as I could and asked all kinds of questions. Based on what I read I decided to go against my better judgement and went with the droid 2.. I can deal with having to charge the battery everyday... Not a big deal.. a lot going on for a phone.. But I have to pick the phone up like its a piece of glass that I dont want to break because I accidentally picked it up wrong and that incoming call just got declined.. Camera... ok for most part.. cant zoom in on anything.. it wont save the picture.. that makes me mad.. Texting can also be a challenge... "W" could be a "Q" or is it an "E" today? And will my space bar be a "C, V, or B"? Who knows.. its all a mystery till we start texting.. Thank god for that auto correct... just make sure YOU auto correct the auto correct before you hit that send button.. (Tried the whole calibration thing)... Cant talk on the phone for anymore then 2min either... phone doesnt like that.. so it will drop the call... I dont really like to download to many apps... cant delete them.. the drop and drag to remove on the bottom.. yeah... cant on my phone... Can drag it but wont remove it.. I get ok reception.. depends on where Im at but for most part I do.. Internet is also ok.. I would probably use more of the phones other features but am so irritated with the phone Im not giving them a chance..

Reception 5/10 depends on where im at
Internet 9/10 No problems so far
Multimedia 5/10 cant give a fair rating.. never used it
Camera 5/10 cant zoom in and take picture. camera wont save it
Everyday usage 4/10 no happy with everyday usage
Text input 2/10 horrible touch screen
Battery 4/10 short battery life

Pros

• The
  • 8megapixal camera
  • 16g sd card
  • reception and internet ok for my area

• camera zoom
  • all the verizon garbage
  • touch screen is too sensitive
  • dropped calls

john
posted on 19 Jul 2011, 08:29

Good performance

john has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

It is a ok phone swapped from HTC HD2 to incredible 2. FIrst to much crap you cant remove lags in speed and the signal is terrible. Oh one last thing had to have it replaced after 10 days due to the battery will not charge. Other than that while it worked it was good. Still swapping to the charge instead of this one.

john alternatives:

jasmine
posted on 18 Jul 2011, 15:57

droid incredible 2

jasmine has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

i mean overall its a great phone my only problem with it is the slowness of the phone when updating my text messages it takes at least 25 seconds to update my read text messages with the new ones i got. Wish i had a solution to this problem but otherwise the phone's fast enough for me i like the speed on other things like internet or apps

Reception 10/10 it's sleek and smooth but a bit big in my small hands

Pros

• everything else is pretty much great

Cons

• speed of updating messages

socalsurfer
posted on 23 Jun 2011, 21:30 (Posts: 1; Member since: 23 Jun 2011)

Socalsurfer

socalsurfer has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

It is a great phone- solid hardware, solid software. The screen is clear and bright, the sound is loud and clear, and the battery lasts all day. I never had a problem with reception, and people on the other end say i sound like I'm talking on a land line.
It downloads fast whether wifi or 3G- (4G is great for carriers, but won't help end users much). It's single core processor is very fast. The camera is easy to use. I use this as my business phone every day. I love it.

Pros

• It's a really, really god phone

Dstryd
posted on 19 Jun 2011, 21:33 (Posts: 0; Member since: 19 Jun 2011)

Incredible? Not so much

Dstryd has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

This phone was a huge disappointment. I was moving from a Droid X to something I thought would be more advanced and this definitely was not. I went through 2 of them before i returned mine for a full refund. The phone's hardware is decent at most and the software is horrible. Gingerbread (2.3) has been out for a long time now, there's no excuse for this phone not to have it. And seriously VZW?? Two pages of crap I cant remove?? Really a bummer. The phone has the S-OFF system, so root (other than temporary) hasn't been achieved yet. The stock keyboard is crap and was promptly replaced by swiftkey x. The a

Build quality 7/10 Feels nice in hand
Reception 2/10 Horrible reception. Total loss of network at times
Call quality 5/10 Echo in calls
Multimedia 6/10 Many apps used to manage are laced with VZW
UI speed 8/10 Sense is quick and responsive
Everyday usage 6/10 If you cant make a call, send a text, or use data, its not very useful in daily life
Text input 5/10 Stock keyboard is a joke
Display 9/10 The highlight of the phone
Battery 8/10 Decent time

Pros

• Nice screen

Cons

• Horrible reception
  • Puny speakers

funnyphoney
posted on 31 May 2011, 16:42 (Posts: 1; Member since: 31 May 2011)

Incredible...yes it is

funnyphoney has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Had this phone for about two weeks now. Pretty good upgrade coming from a Blackberry Storm 1.

Yes the signal bar is broken. You need to look at the signal strength in the settings to find the true reception. Many reviewers are basing their reception experience solely on the signal bar. The phone is comparable if not better than my Storm 1 in many weak spots.

Great size for a phone. I don't understand the fascination with large phones these days. But this phone is the perfect size for me. Screen is very good, but a bit wash out in the sun. Decent battery life. I estimate with my light usage I can squeeze out 4 days before recharging. Lots of RAM at 768MB...more than others so do your research. 16GB microsd provides plenty of storage space.

HTC Sense is pretty good, with lots of widgets. Phone dial not the greatest though (a mess of call history and your contacts on the front page). I just use my contact to dial, so not a big issue. Crapware from Verizon, but what other smartphone other than iPhone doesn't have this. I wish Verizon will let you remove them.

But here is kicker, this phone is much cheaper outside of Verizon. Costco had it for $79 with accessories on Memorial Day weekend. Wirefly had it for $19 on a new contract or $49 upgrade. These prices are less than half the price of the other new phones from VZ.

This phone does not get enough credit from all its positives. The Incredible 2 should be on everyone's shortlist.

Pros

• Good size
  • Nice screen
  • Decent battery
  • 768MB RAM
  • 16GB MicroSD
  • Price from 3rd Party vendors

Cons

• Broken signal bar
  • Phone dialer could be better

dkraber
posted on 27 May 2011, 09:18

If you like reception consider something different

dkraber has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

The incredible 2 started out as a great phone until I started leaving town for work. I enjoyed the design compared to the first incredible. Text input, camera usage, the display, and just overall features that HTC offered on the phone were very nice. The only reason I went with the Droid X2 is because of bad reception with the Incredible 2. Working in the Oil Industry in North Dakota takes you in certain areas where service can be a difficult, so I need a phone that will get the best possible service when available.

Pros

• Easy phone to use.
  • Great design.
  • If you are always within city limits where service isnt an issue buy this phone!

Cons

• Terrible reception. Side by side with the Droid X it would get hlf the reception.
  • If you are out in the country where reception is already difficult to get dont buy this phone.

dkraber alternatives:

phonesquirrel
posted on 11 May 2011, 09:34 (Posts: 0; Member since: 11 May 2011)

10 days with Android

phonesquirrel has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I've wanted an HTC Android for Verizon for months. The Thunderbolt was just too big/heavy, so when the Droid Incredible 2 arrived, I went for it. It's been a great phone. Pretty good battery life (you definitely need to plug it by the end of every day if not sooner), but ultimately I don't think it's phone quality passed.

The ringtones are fine, but unless you have the phone face down, it's very muffled and hard to hear. I often missed calls due to the maximum ringtone volume being just too quiet. The biggest issue was call quality. I always got good reception, but the voices on the phone sounded tinny and distant. If the volume was increased, there was always a noticeable static buzz in the background. As a result, the phone has been returned and I will be awaiting a different Droid. Perhaps it was just a fluke on the part of HTC, but I will definitely be more cautious with regard to call quality next time.

Pros

• Great display
  • Good size.. i think 3.7 would be better.
  • Fast to load

Cons

• Phone speaker quality
  • Quite ringtone settings
  • Camera blurry unless full light
  • Verizon Bloatware!

Dino312
posted on 08 May 2011, 19:40

Incredible 2 is amazing!

Dino312 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

This is my first smart phone, i had the samsung glyde before this. Getting used to the android on the phone was no problem! This is an amazing phone even though its not 4G. Ive had this phone for a week now & i couldnt imagine having any other phone! The txting is fast & smooth, theres a lot of pages to place your apps on, and the speakers are perfect. I was between the thunderbolt & this one but the thunderbolt is so big and has a horrible battery life. This phone lasted me texting the whole day, so i am very satisfied!

Pros

• Perfect size
  • 8 megapixel camera
  • quality
  • easy to use program

Cons

• battery (its not too bad though)

gdi2290
posted on 06 May 2011, 18:18 (Posts: 0; Member since: 30 Jan 2011)

Incredible 1.8

gdi2290 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I wish all these features were on the first Incredible. The phone itself is great, but isn't future proof. If you can get passed the Cons then this is an amazing phone for you. Although it isn't as fast as the HTC Thunderbolt the phone makes up for in design and battery life.

Reception 8/10 Questionable Reception

Pros

• Everything else!
  • The sexy design!
  • 4.0" not 4.3"
  • Global phone
  • Soon to have wireless charging

Cons

• No 4G! Big deal breaker
  • Single-core NOT dual/quad core
  • Sense 2.1 NOT Sense 3.0
  • 480x800 display NOT qHD
  • Questionable reception
  • No HTC Hub with HTCsense.com
  • Verizon Bloatware!
  • Less internal storage than the Droid Incredible
  • No NFC

EMAN
posted on 04 May 2011, 12:13

THIS PHONE IS INCREDIBLE

EMAN has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

IVE ONLY HAD THIS PHONE FOR 3 DAYS AND ALREADY LOVE IT....LIKE EVERYBODY HERE, IVE TRIED ALL PHONES LIKE DROID X, OPTIMUS ETC....THE HTC UI IS STILL THE BEST W/THE BIG CLOCK AND WEATHER ON THE FRONT...WITH THIS PHONE IM BACK TO USING ALL FEATURES AGAIN LIKE EMAIL AND TEXTING...THE NEW TEXTING KEYBOARD ON THIS SOFTWARE IS GREAT TO TEXT, NOT BUNDLED TOO CLOSE TOGETHER...ANYWAY, I CAN GO FOR DAYS ABOUT THIS PHONE....GET IT RIGHT NOW FOR 79.99 AND FREE ACTIVATION ON AMAZON...GREAT DEAL!!!!!!!!ITS A GREAT ALTERNATIVE TO THE IPHONE AND REALLY THINK IT ACTUALLY BLOWS IT OUT OF THE WATER......GOOD JOB ON THIS ONE!!!!

Pros

• BUILT GOOD, GOOD BATTERY, GREAT UI, GREAT SCREEN, GREAT CAMERA, OVERALL GREAT, BEST PHONE IVE OWNED SO FAR

Cons

• TO ME NONE