x PhoneArena is looking for new authors! To view all available positions, click here.
HTC Aria Discussions
  • Options
    Close

Processor?

random1204 26 May 2010, 19:17 posted on

Hmm looking at it, it seems more along the lines of a budget phone due to it's blue coloring, which makes me think that there is almost no way that this will have a Snapdragon, which is incredibly disappointing since every other major carrier has a phone with a Snapdragon in it. Great job. This would also stand to support the idea that AT&T purposely cripples its Android devices so that they don't affect iPhone sales.

posted on 01 Jun 2010, 02:08

1. deaconelle (Posts: 1; Member since: 01 Jun 2010)

So because the phone has color it means "there is almost no way that this will have a Snapdragon"? That's some superb logic from someone jumping on the ATT/Iphone hatewagon. Great job.

posted on 14 Jun 2010, 13:48

2. Jyakotu (Posts: 814; Member since: 12 Dec 2008)

Since when did a phone's color have to do with the processor.? Just be like everyone else and bash AT&T and the Apple iPhone for no reason. Wow. Smh

posted on 13 Jul 2010, 19:21

3. networkdood (Posts: 6246; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)

This phone rated .5 higher than the SAMSUNG Captivate - it is a great phone and it is mid-level, not a high-end ANDROID - for what it is - the phone is FUNtastic....especially when rooted. As for talk of being crippled - it is actually no different than the iphone, which cannot download 3rd party apps until jailbroken - any more bright comments/ideas, random??

posted on 30 Oct 2010, 12:58

4. cuteokie (unregistered)

Can you conncet to wifi with this phone?

posted on 30 Oct 2010, 23:46

5. brooke11 (unregistered)

yeah it does

posted on 05 Dec 2010, 16:16

6. israel (unregistered)

I got this phone on black friday for free from tigerdirect. I'm thoroughly enjoying it so far. From what i've read it only has a 600mhz processor, but has a slightly lower resolution than high end phones. The resolution difference keeps it able to run apps and such at basically the same speed as high end phones. If you can find a deal to get this phone for free, the resolution difference is not noticeable enough to pay too much for a higher end phone.
Battery life is somewhat of an issue. But even with the "new-ness" effect that's causing me to constantly play with it while connected to wi-fi, it hasn't gone dead on me before day's end. (Though it does need charged as soon as I get home in the evening)

Want to comment? Please login or register.

Buy This Phone

Latest stories