Google Nexus 5 User Reviews

Camera8.5/10
Multimedia9.3/10
Internet9.7/10

firefist
posted on 16 Apr 2014, 06:44 (Posts: 0; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)

one of the ebst

firefist has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

on the best smart phone ever great screen great device awsome looking great feautures not to mention how fast the procceser is the camera isnt that good though but all and it might be the best android experince ever

Build quality 10/10 great device everything about it is great

Pros

• everything about it except the battery
  • the camera isnt so good

Cons

• bad battery

yoad44
posted on 11 Apr 2014, 03:51 (Posts: 0; Member since: 11 Apr 2014)

best phone I could get

yoad44 has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

Amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The build quality is amazing, it has a beautiful design,
Speaker quality isn't the best but enough, battery lasts me all day, it's blazing fast, KitKat looks awesome, camera very impressive and it's great for day to day usage with lots of options on android.

yoad44 alternatives:

ash1684
posted on 08 Apr 2014, 10:21 (Posts: 0; Member since: 08 Apr 2014)

Best Android experience you can get !!!

ash1684 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

I got the Nexus 5 becouse i was tired of all that blootware that makes your android phones slow with the time.... it was the best choise i ever made with a mobile device !!! That phone is blazing fast and smooth, the display is really amazing and the camera is (in my opinion) of good quality (especially with HDR+ mode activated).

Build quality 9/10 I was a little sheptic with the plastic back, but i have to admit that it's soft touch have a really nice premium feel. It could be a 10/10 if it was not for the rattling power button (very well made thanks to the ceramic material, but heavy and so it rattles).
Reception 10/10 Never had problems
Call quality 10/10 the other part can hear me strong and clear
Internet 10/10 Smooth, fast in charging the pages and great experience thanks to Chrome sync (you can sync basically anything between any device you are using chrome on) and other thricks
Multimedia 7/10 That's the only average (if not bad) thing about this phone... don't misundestand me: music player, video player and multimedia UI in general are really good, but the speakers..... the speakers on this phone are really bad !!! luckly i never use them xD
Camera 9/10 The OIS is really a plus for taking videos and pictures and that HDR+ mode... man it's really amazing !
UI speed 10/10 Just one word: FASTEST
Everyday usage 10/10 Great in everyday usage, it really just do anything you need and more.
Text input 10/10 Google keyboard is really great, never felt the need to use or install any other keyboard. The slide input just works.
Display 10/10 Stunning !!! Till today still haven't seen anything better (and don't come on me with Samsung devices, their displays are just inaccurate in colors and not as sharp as N5 one).
Battery 6/10 A real pity: it's just "average"

Pros

• It's a Nexus
  • Camera with HDR+
  • Smooth and fast
  • Nice build quality
  • Wireless charging ready
  • Nice original accessories

Cons

• Speakers
  • Rattling power button
  • Battery nothing more than average

SemperFiV12
posted on 07 Apr 2014, 20:15 (Posts: 600; Member since: 09 Nov 2010)

First Nexus Device

SemperFiV12 has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

This is my first Nexus device, and my reintroduction to Android after leaving it for a few years. Previously used Android Froyo and left to BlackBerry, WebOS, Windows Phone 7/7.5 and Windows Phone 8. Definintely miss my Lumia devices A LOT. Windows Phone may lack few apps here and there, but the app gap is closing quickly - if not completely closed for 90% users. Phone is not as stable as I'd like with multiple forced closes and freezes.

Call quality 4/10 Earpiece and Speakerphone performance is terrible (compared to my Lumia 925, even my Lumia 900!)
Multimedia 6/10 Speakers are terrible... placement, power, clarity. However video shows nicely. Oh and no expandable storage?!
Camera 7/10 The camera on my Lumia 925 was A LOT better... not even comparable.
Everyday usage 8/10 Not as practical as I would like. Really miss the organization and clean aesthetics of Windows Phone. Definitely takes Android many more clicks to get to where I want to be and there is no consistency with OS and Apps.
Text input 8/10 Swype is nice, but cannot be used for other languages. Selection is a welcomed change from Windows Phone. The tactile feedback is not that great, perhaps this has to do with the screen.
Display 8/10 Display is nice, but not better than my previous Lumia 925. Also, the larger screen size is offset by on screen navigation buttons.
Battery 4/10 Battery barely lasts a day and is not used much for the bulk of the day... Usually needs mid-day charging. Definitely a HUGE step down from my Lumia 925.

Pros

• Newest Android OS - pure
  • No bloatware
  • Build quality is not as bad as Samsung
  • Customizeable

Cons

• Unlocked phone not as strong picking up signal for T-Mobile
  • Battery life is horrid
  • Speakers are useless, as is the ear peice
  • For my use, not better than my previous Lumia 925
  • Need better use from my widgets!
  • Build quality is not as good as Nokia
  • No expandable storage
  • Cannot remove Google Search bar on top

SemperFiV12 alternatives:

jovecos
posted on 29 Mar 2014, 09:50 (Posts: 0; Member since: 29 Mar 2014)

Amazing Phone...!!!

jovecos has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Its an awesome phone.....battery has also improved a bit.....and the camera is not the best but with HDR mode on it will click some great snaps.... one of the best phones out there.....!! The phone also feels great in the hand and is a very good as a daily phone..

jovecos alternatives:

gahess1
posted on 27 Mar 2014, 09:05 (Posts: 0; Member since: 27 Mar 2014)

Nice new phone, lacking in a few areas

gahess1 has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

Has a lot of good features, but the hardware is lacking in a few areas. It would be much better with a nicer camera and battery.(comparable to other models). Overall a decent phone if you like android.

Pros

• Nice Display
  • Fast

• Flexibility

gahess1 alternatives:

chistoefur
posted on 25 Mar 2014, 21:45 (Posts: 26; Member since: 05 Nov 2012)

Best Smartphone Money Can Buy

chistoefur has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

This is simply the best smartphone anyone can buy for the money, at only $350 off contract. It's even better than a lot of the $550+ phones. With it's amazing specs and pure stock experience of Android, it's simply the fastest Android device available.

Display 9/10 Not the most saturated display, and there's some screen leaking on the top of the display, though still fantastic.
Battery 8/10 Could be better compared to some other phones, but can definitely get you through a busy day.

Pros

• Very Fast, Stable Experience
  • Great Camera, Even Better With HDR+
  • Slim, Easy To Hold
  • Charges 100% In About 2 Hours
  • Stock Android
  • Nexus Device, Completely Customizable

Cons

• Mediocre Speaker
  • Average Battery Life

htx_yo
posted on 20 Mar 2014, 21:06 (Posts: 0; Member since: 20 Mar 2014)

its "good"

htx_yo has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

What can i say? I was really looking toward to the nexus 5. Just got the nexus 5 last Friday. Two days later notice some backlight leaking, bleeding. (Or IPS glow) .Mainly on the sides of the screen. Specially the left side. seems like a an issue with these phones. Like the stock android tho. Probably end up just getting a refund.

Build quality 6/10 Display.

jpartlow32
posted on 19 Mar 2014, 21:04 (Posts: 1; Member since: 17 May 2013)

nexus 5

jpartlow32 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Absolutely amazing and butter smooth. This phone has blown my mind in many ways. Speed, agility, and ergonomics. Lg has been doing a very good job at keeping up and potentially outpacing others. I suggest this phone for those who was speed, performance, and reliability:)

Build quality 10/10 Feels great and ruggid in hand. Looks great
Reception 10/10 Great reception thus far on T-Mobile network
Call quality 9/10 Occasionally tunnel sounds or echo. Not often.
Internet 10/10 Fast pshh... Paves the way

Pros

Cons

• battery is very good. however, good be slightly better

mrfoleyface
posted on 16 Mar 2014, 07:10 (Posts: 0; Member since: 16 Mar 2014)

Best Android Phone!

mrfoleyface has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I bought the red version :D and I buy android with the intention to root and install custom ROMs, and I am not dissapointed! The dev support is huge and the handset itself is amazing! The battery is amazing :) the screen is beautiful, everything is a treat and after modding to my exact liking with no problem I see myself with this device for years! :D

Pros

• Display and UI are the best as well as build quality as well as everything else :D
  • (you may think I over exaggerate by putting all 10's but 1 but I truly mean it!)

Cons

• I have no big issue with the battery bit when Google release a source to fix the
  • no SD card or removable back/battery... only real con!

Trex95
posted on 12 Mar 2014, 02:50 (Posts: 521; Member since: 03 Mar 2013)

The best Nexus phone yet.

Trex95 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

In my opinion this the best nexus phone ever made period. Yeah it does lack the quality and Luxury's feel of Nexus 4 but it's blazing fast like IPhone it's even more smoother in some areas. Nexus 5 comes with one of the best phone camera around and the best Nexus camera till date.

Camera 9/10 Camera viewfinder not that good at all.

hgonzalezh
posted on 02 Mar 2014, 11:25 (Posts: 0; Member since: 02 Mar 2014)

Great value, totally satisfying!

hgonzalezh has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Is the fastest phone i ever have, it never lags or crush apps! The build quality its good, doesn´t feel cheap at all. Battery is great, I used to have an iPhone 4S and now with the nexus 5 i can reach at least 3 times the battery time of the iPhone. Great phone at that price.

Pros

• Extremely fast!
  • Great battery

Cons

• No sd storage
  • Auto brightness is quite inaccurate

MATRIXENCODER
posted on 28 Feb 2014, 02:34 (Posts: 0; Member since: 28 Feb 2014)

It's The Best phone you can get for that kind of price .

MATRIXENCODER has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

It's a very good phone . Moderate battery life ,Amazing camera and incredible display . Doesn't lag at all. It's a high end phone to use really. HDR shot is really good but takes time 2-3s to capture.Moderate sound . It's very fast .

mobi_user
posted on 26 Feb 2014, 16:52 (Posts: 81; Member since: 18 Jun 2013)

Best in the arena.

mobi_user has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

This is my first andriod phone and the best one I like. I wanted to have the pure flavour of andriod without all the top coverings and all. Almost everything about this phone is excellent. Especially the OIS added to the camera gives it a very good performance when taking pictures on the move. The phone comes with most up to date hardware power. It is great at multi-tasking, playing high end games, watching movies.

frankypiama
posted on 24 Feb 2014, 21:08 (Posts: 0; Member since: 24 Feb 2014)

It amazes me

frankypiama has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

There is no perfect smartphone I guess, the idea of the smartphone was probably to be "smart" enough for me. To be adaptive enough to my life and my every day. This phone is the one who delivers that to me, it has no flashy feautures, it has what I need and whatever I can't find I have enough space and no bloatware so I can download it. Easy

Build quality 9/10 It feels very good in the hand. I like to look at it. It's not the flashiest smarphone but definitely gorgeous desing. I would like it to have a removable battery though. I have never drop it though, I hope it resist well enough. Now days phones are so light that I better use cases.
Reception 10/10 Never had a single problem with reception. Is always strong when needed. Netter than my Sam GS3 at least and sometimes better than my dads GS4
Call quality 9/10 Sometimes I wish I could listen a little more cleary but people listen to me loud and clear. It's great
Internet 10/10 perfect web surfing. No hiccups. Download speed is what an smartphones needs and more.
Multimedia 9/10 Great, could be better. I don't really know how though. I just get a little confused with the Photos app.
Camera 8/10 this one could use an improvement, but I paid so little that I'm ok with it. I feel it could be a little more accurate and the HDR+ sometimes dissapoints.
UI speed 10/10 Hell yes, this excels in every way. Would never change it for nothing.My fav, the mulstitask
Everyday usage 10/10 Happiest person alive, smartphone wise
Text input 10/10 Google is great. The voice input is amazing. I use another keyboard though, but that's just personal preference.
Display 10/10 almost 5in HD display? I could look at the background and UI all day long, imagine how I feel about HD movies.
Battery 9/10 another thing I would have loved to be slighty better. No battery is eternal and I'm so used to charge every night anyway. My regular day battery life last from 14 to 16 hours. That's good enough for me to leave very early in the morning and coming back home evening without a second charge. I do need a pick me up sometimes, I wish I didn't. removable battery would solve this totally,

Pros

• Clean UI
  • Fast
  • Bargain at $400.00 the 32GB
  • Reliable in every way

Cons

• No expansible memory
  • No removable battery

abrahem312
posted on 22 Feb 2014, 14:53 (Posts: 0; Member since: 22 Feb 2014)

amazing phone

abrahem312 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

it`s amazing phone , just i hate the battery it`s not like g2 ( 3000 mah ).
it`s have a nice design and google support .
the camera very good .
it`s comfortable , and it`s very fast .
one of 2013 top phones .
i like it ;)

sinkster
posted on 18 Feb 2014, 07:55 (Posts: 1; Member since: 15 Dec 2013)

High End or Mid Range?

sinkster has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I've been using android phones since 2009, when my iPhone was lost/stolen. Since then, every phone I've had has been a 'class-leading' phone which turned out to be not so much high end as high end marketing. Not so with the Nexus 5; no added UI bangs and whizzes (see sense/touchwiz), no pointless bloatware, just pure android and pure performance. It's not high end as such; no one piece aluminium shell or faux leather back; no skinning of android with apps and bright, spangly icons; no multi-megapixel camera. It's basically all I need from a smartphone done well.

Build quality 9/10 Understated, comfortable, well designed. Only a 9 because it's not a carbon-fibre/ kevlar composite... Won't look as dated as the HTC One/ SGS4 next year.
Reception 10/10 To be fair, I've never had a phone with 'bad' reception but 3g/4g/WiFi has been excellent.
Call quality 9/10 The speaker's fine for me. As is the mic.
Internet 10/10 My PC and Laptop are slower. Says it all really
Multimedia 9/10 I don't use my phones to listen to music much, but it's all good with the nexus.
Camera 8/10 It's a phone with a camera; it's great for quick or unexpected shots, but I'm not really looking for a phone with 10/10 here.
UI speed 10/10 Pure android. No lag, no useless animations (I'm over 14 years of age), built in Google.
Everyday usage 10/10 I didn't know what I wanted from a phone till I got the Nexus. The hardware and software are as good as they can be.
Text input 10/10 Google keyboard. Says it all.
Display 9/10 Ideal size, vibrant and natural. I tend not to look at my phone from extreme angles, as I look rather foolish when I do, so I can't really comment on this.
Battery 9/10 For the first month it varied from below average to not bad, but now it's a steady amazing. Plus it charges from empty to full in about 90 minutes.

Pros

• Exceptional performance
  • Well designed
  • Great display
  • Pure, unadulterated android
  • Price

Cons

• Erm

shahrooz
posted on 18 Feb 2014, 05:35 (Posts: 86; Member since: 17 Sep 2013)

Google Nexus, the name says it all

shahrooz has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

I love nexus line and I thing I will remain loyal to this line for a long long time. except Google take a wrong step or another super great phone comes to the market. but atm nexus 5 is the best imo. Nexus 5 has its downsides but they are acceptable and covered by it's awesomeness in other categories.

Build quality 8/10 well it feels good but it's not tough at all. lacks strength.
Call quality 9/10 it's so easy to misplace the phone on your ear due to the shape of the speaker. other than that it's great.
Multimedia 9/10 everything is good imo just lacks stereo output. btw low battery capacity limits the time for watching movies.
UI speed 10/10 it's vanilla android what do you expect? :D
Display 9/10 display angles are not as good as AMOLED ones.
Battery 8/10 it could be better

lonestrider
posted on 13 Feb 2014, 23:23 (Posts: 83; Member since: 31 Mar 2012)

Awesome google phone

lonestrider has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

This phone is simply awesome as a smartphone. At a 5" display, the display looks very great and gives an amazing experience for the user. Just, don't compare this phone with another flagship phones. There are phones with better features in almost every aspect. But this phone is just Google. Fast update and pure Android.

Build quality 8/10 Feels good in the hand. Not very strong, though.
Reception 8/10 No complain in this side.
Call quality 9/10 Had several calls and it was great.
Internet 10/10 Amazing.
Multimedia 8/10 Very great, except for the speaker.
Camera 7/10 Photo quality is good-great depending on a lot of factors. Speed isn't very fast. Focusing needs some time.
UI speed 10/10 What did u expect from a Snapdragon 800 + Nexus? Super fast!
Everyday usage 9/10 Great user experience. No complain.
Text input 9/10 5" display with thin bezel, makes typing easy and the grip is excellent.
Display 10/10 1080p 5" display is awesome.
Battery 7/10 No improvement since Galaxy Nexus. I'm not sure this part is the software or battery to blame...

Pros

• Amazing Display
  • Very fast and fluid.
  • Very customizable. In a different level.

Cons

• Battery is very weak.
  • Speaker position is easily closed while holding in landscape.

lonestrider alternatives:

gotenks22
posted on 14 Feb 2014, 04:30 (Posts: 5; Member since: 06 Feb 2014)

Awesome phone

gotenks22 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I've only had it for a week and i'm really happy with it great build quality i got the white one which is made of different material and it i've never seen a single smudge or fingerprint on it, it fits in my hand really well and is good for one handed usage also the white speaker on the white one really stands out. never had any problem wih reception and coming from xperia arc s the wifi signals are just perfect. call quality is good but could've been better. the internet speed is really good and since i came from xperia arc s i realised a huge difference. speakers are a bit low but i unlocked my bootloader as soon as i got it and there's a audio mod in xda that made the sound just perfect so if you're planning on buying one then do what i did. the camera is good and even better with hdr+ i'm not really much of a photographer so i don't really care much about the camera. I've had it for a week and not even a single lag tried a lot of HD games(gta san andreas, asphalt 8, iron man 3 etc) and not even a single lag even on high graphics mode also won't lag after you install a lot of apps on it, stock android is just perfect. it's a perfect phone for everyday usage it's easy to handle, and it doesn't lag at all. google keyboard is great and has good auto correct it's even better if you use the swiping method. the display is perfect coming from the terrible display on the arc s i realised a huge difference. the battery is the only real problem here it was terrible on stock but i flashed...

Build quality 10/10 the back really feels good and no fingerprints
Reception 10/10 signals never dropped
Call quality 9/10 sound is a little bit low
Internet 10/10 almost as fast as my pc
Multimedia 10/10 audio used to be bad but easily fixable
Camera 9/10 quality is good just lacks different picture taking modes
UI speed 10/10 no lag
Everyday usage 10/10 great phone and it fits in the hand well so i could use it one hand
Text input 10/10 buttons are big on this big screen so i can easily press them and i never press the wrong letter and even if i did auto correct will back me up
Display 10/10 sharp colors and every color is realistic
Battery 9/10 bad on stock yet fixable

Pros

• Great build quality
  • NFC
  • Great display
  • No lag with stock android
  • Updates!!!
  • great developer support on xda

Cons

• no sd card support
  • battery(fixable)

dbareis
posted on 20 Mar 2014, 02:56 (Posts: 6; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)

Love the phone except for the battery life

dbareis has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

Very good phone, love wireless charging, unfortunately it didn't get the large battery everyone was predicting so we got the low battery file as a result. I'd pay more for a bigger battery option. Why don't manufacturers give us that option? The sound level is also too low, be nice to have decent speakers.

Multimedia 9/10 Speakers could be louder
Battery 4/10 Battery too small

Pros

• Very powerful phone
  • Low Cost
  • Latest Android OS

Cons

• Battery too small
  • Speakers could be louder
  • No IR Blaster

dbareis alternatives:

osikiri
posted on 01 Feb 2014, 19:36 (Posts: 0; Member since: 27 Dec 2013)

The Nexus Phone with a Good Camera, Finally.

osikiri has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

It has everything that we enjoyed from Nexus Phone like its predecessors. It's a fast, snappy, clean, trustworthy, sleek, unobtrusive Android phone. And now with a good camera! It has decent camera hardware. 1.4um sized pixels on sensor is quite large, (Most of today's 13MP cameras on flagships have 1.12um pixel) F/2.4 aperture is not great but not bad either, and it has OIS module which makes the result even better. The potential of pure Android is really expanded with this camera on Nexus 5.

Build quality 8/10 It feels solid, but not quite shock-resistant. The front glass and camera are too much exposed to external shock. A case is recommended.
Reception 9/10 No problem at all.
Call quality 8/10 No problem at all, but I wish the volume were a little louder.
Internet 9/10 Snapdragon 800 boasts its power.
Multimedia 8/10 Loudspeaker quality is so-so.
Camera 8/10 I won't say it is the best camera on today's smartphones, but I never felt like to try another phone's camera using this phone. And definitely, it is a huge improvement over Nexus 4. Night shots are now usable.
UI speed 9/10 Pure Android from Google.
Display 9/10 Sharp resolution and accurate color.
Battery 7/10 2,300 mah is not so enough for this powerful device. (maybe trade-off with wireless charging function)

Pros

• The first good camera on Nexus phone
  • Large, high-quality display
  • Powerful performance
  • Sleek design without flashy decorations
  • Pure Android experience from Google
  • Wireless charging function included
  • Sensitive touchscreen

Cons

• Battery capacity is not so enough

vinayryder13
posted on 29 Jan 2014, 07:35 (Posts: 3; Member since: 29 May 2013)

performance rated google experience

vinayryder13 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

I love this phone - a cheap high end mobile. Ofcourse, we have to sacrifice premium image quality but hey! its still a bang for the buck! Only problem i faced till date is the battery backup; it lasts less than 8hrs if you are a mid-power user - that seems quite good but it aint the same everyday, fluctuations!! :(

Pros

• very snappy.
  • games play like a charm

Cons

• battery sometimes drains very fast
  • camera is buggy at times

vinayryder13 alternatives:

RevoWution
posted on 14 Jan 2014, 01:37 (Posts: 0; Member since: 26 Jan 2011)

Best Android I've Had Thus Far

RevoWution has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

I've had this a little over a month, and I love it. Definitely the best overall Android phone I've had thus far (better than the Samsung Galaxy S III, Motorola Atrix, HTC Desire). Performs well in pretty much every category. Blazingly fast, feature-packed, decent battery life, AND the latest stock Android straight from Google. If only it had had a removable/user-replaceable battery and expandable memory, then this would definitely be the best Android phone out there thus far. Beats all of its higher-priced competition out there by far. Highly recommended.

Pros

• Blazingly fast
  • Fantastic screen
  • Very affordable
  • Latest STOCK Android

Cons

• Non-removable battery
  • Non-expandable memory
  • Camera sub-par at times

RevoWution alternatives:

alrightihatepickingusernames
posted on 13 Jan 2014, 19:42 (Posts: 221; Member since: 29 Dec 2013)

Best deal on the market

alrightihatepickingusernames has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

As usual Nexus devices are top-hardware and performance for a low price, there is nowhere else that you can get such a deal. Obviously Google had to skip out somewhere on this thing, and the battery is the main loss here, in my experience it isn't terrible, but you won't be writing home about it. The camera may might not suit your needs if you take a lot of photos as well, it's not terrible, but you won't be thrilled. On the plus side you get stock android, and updates until summer of 2015, the device runs smooth and performs great, I can't honestly think of a situation where this thing lagged badly.

If you're looking for a top notch phone but you can only buy a mid-ranged one, this might be your best option, but if you have an upgrade or $600 to spend and you don't mind a lack of updates, look elsewhere. If you have the money, I would recommend the LG G2, but if you have less than $400 to spend, the Oppo R819 offers great battery life and mid-ranged specs in a package lighter than the iPhone 5S. The Moto X also gives nice performance for the cost, as well as a number of customizations from MotoMaker. If you don't even want to pay for the Nexus 5, you could look for a Nexus 4, at this point they will be insanely cheap and will offer similar performance, it just won't be getting updates for too much longer.

Build quality 9/10 It's no iPhone or Xperia Z1, but it feels very nice and has a very simplistic design, I really like it. Pro Tip: If you can't decide between the black and white options, the black version is soft-touch finish all over, where the white one is just a matte white back with glossy black sides, and the phone speaker is white, I like my white one.
Camera 8/10 Being somebody who doesn't take to many photos I can't say much here, it isn't a bad camera but I'm rarely wowed by it.
UI speed 10/10 Stock Android, you won't find a speedier android phone anywhere.
Display 9/10 My only complaint is that part of the display is visible behind the glass, it appears as a bunch of faint, horizontal lines when held up to the light. I've gotten use to it but it isn't great.
Battery 8/10 Coming from a phone that got less than 2 hours of screen time on low brightness this was actually a step up. It isn't terrible but don't expect any heavy usage marathons on this thing. On the plus side it charges super quick, I charged it for an hour from zero percent while the device was off and when I powered it back on it was at 61%, so about 1% per minute.

Pros

• Exceptional deal
  • Fast updates
  • Great performance
  • Pleasant design

Cons

• Mediocre battery life
  • Minor display issues

alrightihatepickingusernames alternatives: