Google Nexus 5 User Reviews

Camera8.6/10
Multimedia9.4/10
Internet9.7/10

Kpyatul
posted on 03 Oct 2014, 06:32 (Posts: 0; Member since: 03 Oct 2014)

One of the best phones!

Kpyatul has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

One of the best phone that I have ever used (had iPhone, had Nokia, had Samsung ... didn't had HTC - but my friends have and it's an incredible device as well). Don't think about if you ... want to buy it or not to buy it ... buy it. JUST BUY IT! and we'll talk later if I was right! :))

Build quality 10/10 Very good quality of the materials used to make this awesome phone! Price/value/specifications WAY WAY WAY toooo gooood!
Reception 10/10 100% reception! even when i'm in a underground parking lot -2 I have 1-2 lines!
Call quality 10/10 No problems with hearing or microphone!
Internet 10/10 3G - working awesome 4G - Lamborghini
Camera 9/10 Hope for Android L to come with much more improvements :) ... before 4.4.4 the camera was 7/10 ... now it's 9/10!
UI speed 10/10 Very very very fast with amazing responding time.
Everyday usage 10/10 Using it every day, playing on it, ~2h of talking, 2-3 pictures, whatsup, 3 e-mail addresses on it ... no lag no bugs no nothing so far!
Display 10/10 Amazing display with one of the best resolution I've ever seen. Grate density, amazing icons etc.
Battery 9/10 You could have made this phone 7-10 grams heavier in order to make the battery better :-) ... but it's ok!

Pros

• Specs
  • Weight
  • PRICE
  • Entire phone :)

Cons

• Camera (a little bit better regarding the auto-focus)
  • Battery - hope Android L hanges it a little bit

Kpyatul alternatives:

a_r_s_e_n
posted on 30 Sep 2014, 23:30 (Posts: 1; Member since: 30 Sep 2014)

fast and powerful phone

a_r_s_e_n has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

This is my first experience with android family, glad I joined. I was impressed by the bulind quality and the display , it's also super fast !! value for money, great deal !!! highly recommended !!!

Build quality 10/10 even if its plastic the back of the phone is great
Camera 8/10 well Samsung will always have the best camera around so if we don't change manufacturer we won't get the best camera

Pros

• build quality
  • beautiful display with great resolution
  • super fast ( no lags )

DudeGuy676
posted on 27 Sep 2014, 16:02 (Posts: 0; Member since: 27 Sep 2014)

The best smartphone you can buy.

DudeGuy676 has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

This phone is the best you can get for anyone from those who want a device that is simple and easy to use to the advanced users who want all the functionality and customization ability. The android operating system was designed on this model, so there's no doubt that it runs perfectly.

Build quality 7/10 The materials used are great, but could have been reinforced better. The material scratches somewhat easily.
Reception 8/10 The signal sometimes doesn't connect immediately, but it's only a short wait.
Call quality 10/10 The call quality is better than any phone I've ever used before
Internet 9/10 It's fast, but sometimes takes a few extra seconds to connect.
Multimedia 10/10 The apps for multimedia are very easy to use and are well organized.
Camera 10/10 The camera takes beautiful pictures, and the optical image stabilization eliminates the possibility of any shaky and blurry pictures.
UI speed 10/10 The stock launcher is extremely responsive and gives great visual feedback.
Text input 10/10 The keyboard is responsive and you can select from a variety of settings including 3rd party keyboard apps.
Display 10/10 A great size screen with the same resolution as an HD computer screen. Great!
Battery 9/10 The battery isn't perfect, but it's definitely better than most other phones.

Pros

• Doesn't have 3rd party apps that you can't uninstall

tuck78
posted on 20 Sep 2014, 20:50 (Posts: 2; Member since: 29 Mar 2010)

Super fast, no bloatware

tuck78 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

Switched from AT&T to T-Mobile and went with the Nexus 5. I'm glad I did. Its very fast and doesn't have all that normal bloatware on it since its pure Google. I'm not sure about the camera app yet. The phone is a good size for me and is fairly light weight. You couldn't go wrong with getting this phone.

Reception 8/10 Reception seems pretty good but having switched carriers I can't really make a fair assessment on this.

jackpot12310
posted on 13 Sep 2014, 18:57 (Posts: 0; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)

Great phone!

jackpot12310 has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

Awesome phone! Im very happy that I ended up buying this phone. This phone has never givin me any problems, its fast, fun, the camera is great on it, probably the best camera phone ive ever had. I love how its afordable at $350 you really cant go wrong, the build quility is ok there is no metal, all plastic but thats ok too!

Nexus5overeverything
posted on 06 Sep 2014, 16:55 (Posts: 0; Member since: 06 Sep 2014)

Nexus 5

Nexus5overeverything has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I'm so glad I waited and skipped out on the Nexus 4. I never saw the appeal of having a glass back on a phone anyways. I don't need my phone cracking front and back when it falls on the floor. If you want a real phone you won't be disappointed with the Nexus 5.

wolverinexmen9
posted on 20 Aug 2014, 00:54 (Posts: 84; Member since: 31 Mar 2011)

Google Nexus 5

wolverinexmen9 has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I love this phone! My very first Nexus phone. I'm a guy that loves updates and I couldn't stand how slow updates came to my GS3. My neighbor had the GS2 and upgraded to the GS3 and he showed me all the cool features it had to offer, so I went ahead and bought a GS3. It was a good device, don't get me wrong but I hated waiting around for updates. I also found myself turning off about 90% of the dumb features you never use. One, because they waste battery. Two, I never used them. And three, they took up internal memory. I soon heard about these Nexus devices and I saw the rumors about the Nexus 5 coming out soon. As soon as the Nexus 5 came out, I waited two months before buying one because I wanted to read some reviews about it first. I decided to buy one and now I fell in love with my Nexus 5! Pure Google Phone with no bloatware. GS3 had way too much bloatware. Very fast updates that keep getting better every time. I used Google Now on the GS3, and I continue to use it and love it with all the neat features added to it almost every day on my Nexus 5. Google Now is way better than S-Voice and Siri. I finally got my first phone with LTE. At first I wasn't impressed with speeds from T-Mobile and I continued to use HSPA+ for several months until LTE got faster in my area. The build quality is very nice. The soft back feel makes the phone very comfortable to hold in your hand. And it very lightweight too. All the buttons are easily accessible. The screen size is prefect in almost every...

Build quality 9/10 Love the design! The soft back feels great in the hand. All buttons are easily accessible.
Reception 9/10 This depends on who you have for service. I have T-Mobile. On LTE, I get 2 bars most of the time. 3G/HSPA+ I always have 4 bars.
Call quality 8/10 Some phone calls very depending on both ends of service and what kind of phones are used too. Most of time I have I have really great phone calls. Sometime I experience echoing, however that is fixable buy lowering the volume on the call.
Internet 9/10 Depends on how fast your internet is and what browser you are using. Default Chrome browser is very fast and responsive.
Multimedia 9/10 Pure Google Phone. No Bloatware. All Google apps. Some apps from the Google Play Store aren't updated fast enough to be compatible with the latest version of android.
Camera 8/10 Camera is average. Stock camera has had one major update so far but features were taken away and now been slowly added back over time. 8MP camera with take average shots. Nothing too fancy, nothing too poor.
UI speed 9/10 99% of the time this phone is blazing fast! Once in awhile you will see it hick-up only because of multitasking with games and apps.
Everyday usage 9/10 I can easily pick up this phone and use almost any feature I desire without any problem. A built-in flash light widget would have been a nice add on.
Text input 9/10 Depending on what keyboard you use, you will have different results with the text input. If you use the Default Google Keyboard like I do, you will find the screen size to be just perfect for typing or swiping.
Display 9/10 Only reason 4.9inch (5) screen is too big is because I still have to move my hand to reach the top left corner to access everything. However, I don't mind the screen size for any other usage like Netflix, Games, Texting, etc...
Battery 8/10 From about 9am to 9pm is how long the battery will last on one charge. I do find myself reaching for my charger a lot. If you turn off certain features you don't need, you can really save some battery life. I wouldn't have minded if Google had built this phone a little thicker just to get a better battery.

Pros

• Android 4.4.x
  • Price
  • Fast UI
  • Updates
  • Pure Android
  • No Bloatware
  • Google Now
  • LTE
  • Lightweight

Cons

• No SD Slot
  • Auto Brightness too bright
  • Battery Life Needs to be Improved
  • Camera is Average
  • One Speaker Grill
  • No Wifi Calling

t-shock
posted on 16 Aug 2014, 15:34 (Posts: 0; Member since: 14 Aug 2014)

Going for Z1 or G2

t-shock has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

I have been owning this phone for less 3 months now
Nexus 5 has heating issues (You can burn your ears in 5 mins), the speakers are worse than my '00 pc and 2300mAH is too low for this device
The only good from this device is the : Build Quality and Ui speed

Build quality 9/10 Very Good design and build quality
Reception 5/10 WiFi is really bad.
Battery 5/10 The battery (for me) it's very bad. The battery lasts only for 4 hours (heavy use).

• Cheap
  • Ui speed

Cons

• Bad Wifi reception
  • Speakers

t-shock alternatives:

Landam
posted on 10 Aug 2014, 15:08 (Posts: 0; Member since: 10 Aug 2014)

Awesome

Landam has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I have been using this mobile for 4 months and its one of its kind. It is an excellent device, with stunning display, nice graphics and awesome power. And it offers pure Android experience and I even installed the Android L developers version which runs perfectly on my device. The only problem I faced with device is about setting custom ringtone. I found the procedure about how to set ringtone in this link and it worked perfectly, http://www.spinfold.com/set-ringtone-in-nexus-5-an​d-nexus-4/

Pros

• Performance

shehryaraman97
posted on 04 Aug 2014, 10:01 (Posts: 0; Member since: 04 Aug 2014)

Nexus 5 ;)

shehryaraman97 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

So far this is the best phone I ever had. Its been almost two week by now and I think its worth every penny I have spend on it. Right now I don't think I need a note 3 or s5 or one m8 because the performance overall is at a tough competition with those phones. The camera isnt that good like you would find in s5 or m8 or note3 but It is still decent. The battery life is ok as it you would need charge at the end of the day.love the android experience as you know it is pure android. Overall,it is an amazing phone for this price rate and you wouldn't find a phone like this at this rate.

Pros

• It is fast
  • price.
  • software updates
  • good camera

Cons

• speakers can be a problem when you touch them while playing a game or something as you can't hear anything.
  • you may have to charge every day.
  • lacks a SD card slot

FilippoBriganti
posted on 03 Aug 2014, 07:27 (Posts: 1; Member since: 03 Aug 2014)

I wouldn't change it with a galaxy s5, z2, g3, note 3, m8

FilippoBriganti has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I love it, and if the camera would be better it would be the best phone ever made, for the speed, for the specs, and for the display, I hope Google will make a nexus 6 but not a 5.9 ". So, I love it, and every single time that I use it, I'm feel better!

Pros

• display
  • software updates
  • design
  • speed
  • specs
  • price

Cons

• speakers

FilippoBriganti alternatives:

pravirajpg
posted on 30 Jul 2014, 18:44 (Posts: 0; Member since: 30 Jul 2014)

Best phone I ever had..!!

pravirajpg has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I've been using this phone for about an year now. And the best phone I ever had. I recommend this phone if you,
-- like to see high resolution videos/pictures, (445 pi / 1080p);
-- need a slim phone (8.6mm);
-- want to utilize the best of Android OS;
-- it gives pretty decent pictures, though it has 8MP camera;
-- above all, the best of bests features/price ratio...!!!

Pros

• Best display, 445 pi
  • Quad Core
  • Slim
  • Features/Price ratio

Cons

• No microSD slot
  • Not so good speaker quality

guilherme
posted on 07 Jul 2014, 23:01 (Posts: 0; Member since: 07 Jul 2014)

Nexus 5 :)

guilherme has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

This is the best smartphone on the market currently!
It's the only one that features the better pure Android OS experience.
I do recommend that phone, cause it can provide to their users the smoothier performance ever tried!

lewis14
posted on 21 Jun 2014, 12:16 (Posts: 8; Member since: 11 Jan 2014)

lewis14 has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

Great phone, will get updates as soon a relased even though you weat a few days for the OTA update. Fast, doesnt lag through games and its anything a person could want for a phone. The only negative would be the battery life because its inconsisity epically with the updates that are coming out but other then that everything else is great. It has anice camera even though the app might be confusing but itll come with future updates

Camera 9/10 Camera UI
Battery 8/10 Not great but good

Pros

• fast
  • updates fast

Cons

• battery life could be improved

bmatte
posted on 12 May 2014, 15:58 (Posts: 0; Member since: 12 May 2014)

After some iphones, this is my best phone ever.

bmatte has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

Very good phone, whith perfect build quality. Very fast UI, no lags. Sharp and colorful display. Battery life should be better, but not bad. One and a half day with one charge depends on usege. I have new love after the iphones. :)

Zefanya27
posted on 11 May 2014, 05:15 (Posts: 0; Member since: 11 Dec 2013)

My dream phone.

Zefanya27 has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

Google really know how to satisfy me with its latest flagship. As a user of Google Nexus phone since Galaxy Nexus, this is the best suits my dream. Everything is perfect. Battery life is the only thing that could upset me, but not that bad.

Pros

• Almost perfect.

Cons

• Battery life should be longer.

nsnikhil
posted on 03 May 2014, 13:42 (Posts: 0; Member since: 03 May 2014)

The best phone

nsnikhil has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

This phone has something special and its the brand Nexus, its the only phone at this price which can handle anything you throw at it like a boss , my only complains are the battery life and the camera speed in hdr+

Pros

• Can handle anything like a boss
  • Nexus

Cons

• Battery life is bad especially when kicked into 3g/4g

thasmog
posted on 30 Apr 2014, 00:37 (Posts: 0; Member since: 29 Apr 2014)

Nexus 5

thasmog has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I just love this phone, i don't have to use my computer so much anymore becose its fast and i can do anything in my by as fast as with my computer. Ofcourse i still use my PC but this phone makes my life faster and better.

Pros

• Cheap
  • Clean Android
  • Fast OS

Cons

• Battery gets empty too quickly

dambooge
posted on 28 Apr 2014, 11:32 (Posts: 0; Member since: 28 Apr 2014)

the perfect phone from every angle

dambooge has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

Cheap,best display,best touching screen experience
I'm talking about experience from the best 12 Android devices from different companys but something like nexus 5 I've never dreamed about it. Its just perfect but the problem is the camera app is not the best camera app, but everything else is perfect

Internet 10/10 The WiFi is very strong
Camera 8/10 Not the best camera
UI speed 10/10 Speed and smoothness

Pros

• every thing

Cons

• the camera is good but not the best

dambooge alternatives:

firefist
posted on 16 Apr 2014, 06:44 (Posts: 0; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)

one of the ebst

firefist has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

on the best smart phone ever great screen great device awsome looking great feautures not to mention how fast the procceser is the camera isnt that good though but all and it might be the best android experince ever

Build quality 10/10 great device everything about it is great

Pros

• everything about it except the battery
  • the camera isnt so good

Cons

• bad battery

yoad44
posted on 11 Apr 2014, 03:51 (Posts: 0; Member since: 11 Apr 2014)

best phone I could get

yoad44 has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

Amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The build quality is amazing, it has a beautiful design,
Speaker quality isn't the best but enough, battery lasts me all day, it's blazing fast, KitKat looks awesome, camera very impressive and it's great for day to day usage with lots of options on android.

yoad44 alternatives:

ash1684
posted on 08 Apr 2014, 10:21 (Posts: 1; Member since: 08 Apr 2014)

Best Android experience you can get !!!

ash1684 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

I got the Nexus 5 becouse i was tired of all that blootware that makes your android phones slow with the time.... it was the best choise i ever made with a mobile device !!! That phone is blazing fast and smooth, the display is really amazing and the camera is (in my opinion) of good quality (especially with HDR+ mode activated).

Build quality 9/10 I was a little sheptic with the plastic back, but i have to admit that it's soft touch have a really nice premium feel. It could be a 10/10 if it was not for the rattling power button (very well made thanks to the ceramic material, but heavy and so it rattles).
Reception 10/10 Never had problems
Call quality 10/10 the other part can hear me strong and clear
Internet 10/10 Smooth, fast in charging the pages and great experience thanks to Chrome sync (you can sync basically anything between any device you are using chrome on) and other thricks
Multimedia 7/10 That's the only average (if not bad) thing about this phone... don't misundestand me: music player, video player and multimedia UI in general are really good, but the speakers..... the speakers on this phone are really bad !!! luckly i never use them xD
Camera 9/10 The OIS is really a plus for taking videos and pictures and that HDR+ mode... man it's really amazing !
UI speed 10/10 Just one word: FASTEST
Everyday usage 10/10 Great in everyday usage, it really just do anything you need and more.
Text input 10/10 Google keyboard is really great, never felt the need to use or install any other keyboard. The slide input just works.
Display 10/10 Stunning !!! Till today still haven't seen anything better (and don't come on me with Samsung devices, their displays are just inaccurate in colors and not as sharp as N5 one).
Battery 6/10 A real pity: it's just "average"

Pros

• It's a Nexus
  • Camera with HDR+
  • Smooth and fast
  • Nice build quality
  • Wireless charging ready
  • Nice original accessories

Cons

• Speakers
  • Rattling power button
  • Battery nothing more than average

SemperFiV12
posted on 07 Apr 2014, 20:15 (Posts: 813; Member since: 09 Nov 2010)

First Nexus Device

SemperFiV12 has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

This is my first Nexus device, and my reintroduction to Android after leaving it for a few years. Previously used Android Froyo and left to BlackBerry, WebOS, Windows Phone 7/7.5 and Windows Phone 8. Definintely miss my Lumia devices A LOT. Windows Phone may lack few apps here and there, but the app gap is closing quickly - if not completely closed for 90% users. Phone is not as stable as I'd like with multiple forced closes and freezes.

Call quality 4/10 Earpiece and Speakerphone performance is terrible (compared to my Lumia 925, even my Lumia 900!)
Multimedia 6/10 Speakers are terrible... placement, power, clarity. However video shows nicely. Oh and no expandable storage?!
Camera 7/10 The camera on my Lumia 925 was A LOT better... not even comparable.
Everyday usage 8/10 Not as practical as I would like. Really miss the organization and clean aesthetics of Windows Phone. Definitely takes Android many more clicks to get to where I want to be and there is no consistency with OS and Apps.
Text input 8/10 Swype is nice, but cannot be used for other languages. Selection is a welcomed change from Windows Phone. The tactile feedback is not that great, perhaps this has to do with the screen.
Display 8/10 Display is nice, but not better than my previous Lumia 925. Also, the larger screen size is offset by on screen navigation buttons.
Battery 4/10 Battery barely lasts a day and is not used much for the bulk of the day... Usually needs mid-day charging. Definitely a HUGE step down from my Lumia 925.

Pros

• Newest Android OS - pure
  • No bloatware
  • Build quality is not as bad as Samsung
  • Customizeable

Cons

• Unlocked phone not as strong picking up signal for T-Mobile
  • Battery life is horrid
  • Speakers are useless, as is the ear peice
  • For my use, not better than my previous Lumia 925
  • Need better use from my widgets!
  • Build quality is not as good as Nokia
  • No expandable storage
  • Cannot remove Google Search bar on top

SemperFiV12 alternatives:

jovecos
posted on 29 Mar 2014, 09:50 (Posts: 0; Member since: 29 Mar 2014)

Amazing Phone...!!!

jovecos has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Its an awesome phone.....battery has also improved a bit.....and the camera is not the best but with HDR mode on it will click some great snaps.... one of the best phones out there.....!! The phone also feels great in the hand and is a very good as a daily phone..

jovecos alternatives:

gahess1
posted on 27 Mar 2014, 09:05 (Posts: 0; Member since: 27 Mar 2014)

Nice new phone, lacking in a few areas

gahess1 has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

Has a lot of good features, but the hardware is lacking in a few areas. It would be much better with a nicer camera and battery.(comparable to other models). Overall a decent phone if you like android.

Pros

• Nice Display
  • Fast

• Flexibility