Samsung GALAXY Note LTE User Reviews

Display9.3/10
Build quality9.3/10
Text input9.6/10

nathanlacker
posted on 11 Feb 2014, 13:53 (Posts: 0; Member since: 11 Feb 2014)

Pretty good phone.

nathanlacker has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I used to have this phone. It was pretty good. Great camera. Great display. It had very few issues. I liked it, except that it fell apart quickly and easily. If you have large enough hands this phone is good. If your hands are small, it makes it difficult to use.

Build quality 6/10 The phone feels cheap, and it fell apart easily. So it pretty much is cheap.
Reception 9/10 Very few issues with reception. Very fast data speeds.
Call quality 7/10 It has a dedicated mic for noise cancellation, but that didnt work very well.
Internet 8/10 Lte speed were astonishing. 4g was okay. 3g was awful. I had mostly 4g and Lte everywhere I went. And I live in the middle of nowhere. But when I got 3g. It was pointless to even try and surf because nothing ever loaded on 3g.
Multimedia 9/10 Its great with running apps. Even when a lot of apps are running. Has some minor issues sometimes though.
Camera 9/10 For this to be just an 8mp camera. It was pretty good. Vivid colors. Clear pictures as well.
Text input 8/10 Obviously with a screen this big its hard to miss letters being typed. Had some issues but not many.
Display 9/10 I loved the display. While the pixel density couldve used improvement, the colors were very vivid.
Battery 7/10 Most of the time I had to charge my phone throughout the day or put it in airplane mode. It could make it until i got home, but when I got home it would need to go on the charger immediately.

• Beautiful display
  • Didnt lag very often

Cons

• Cheap build
  • Fell apart fast

kyc10
posted on 27 Jun 2013, 12:00 (Posts: 0; Member since: 27 Jun 2013)

GIANT of a phone with GIANT advantages

kyc10 has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

Originally I was skeptical about getting this enormous phone. Prior to this phone, I had used an iPhone 4 so you can imagine the adjustment from a 3.5 inch screen to a 5.3 inch screen. However, I got used to it within a few days. The phone might be a bit uncomfortable to use if you have small hands. The Note2 does feel quite a bit better in comparison to the Note1, though.

Build quality 9/10 Usual Samsung plastic, not that it's a bad thing. Just doesn't feel quite as premium as some of the higher end phones. Phone was durable as it survived a few drops.
Multimedia 10/10 Watching YouTube on this phone was one of the best things about having a big screen!
UI speed 8/10 Occasional hiccups/freezes here and there.
Display 10/10 Beautiful big display! Love the colours.
Battery 6/10 One of the biggest drawbacks of this phone. I kept LTE turned off and the phone usually only lasted me 3/4 of the day. Would recommend having extra batteries or an external charging pack.

Pros

• Big screen
  • Good camera
  • Gets attention from other people (Good or bad, I'm not sure)
  • Replaceable batteries

Cons

• Battery wasn't that great
  • Can be uncomfortable for one handed use

batman888
posted on 05 Jan 2013, 01:01 (Posts: 37; Member since: 06 Dec 2012)

BIGGEST Android Smartphone !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

batman888 has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

So I returned my galaxy tab 8.9 for this as i wanted something to fit into my pocket. I went there today when it was official released and within 45 minutes of the store opening five iphone 4s where returned for this. I love the light weight, amazing screen, and long battery. The s-pen is cool and needs a little tweeking in my book, but great for being the first. Also love the integrated case for the phone blah blah blah

Pros

Cons

• NOT GOOD battery

batman888 alternatives:

gameday78
posted on 20 Dec 2012, 11:30 (Posts: 47; Member since: 17 Mar 2012)

Bigger than most, almost too big!

gameday78 has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

This was my first truly BIG smartphone and i must say it was just that! The battery life was very poor but everything else about this phone blows the doors ( or cases off) everything else. I found myself not using my tablet after getting this phone...

Pros

Cons

• very poor battery life

fervid
posted on 17 Jul 2012, 10:13 (Posts: 173; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)

Not bad for as large as it is

fervid has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

May 31, 2012:
Traded my HTC One X for it. No Regrets. ATT still doesn't release phones with 100% working IMAP sync, but I have a secondary app that works fine. I really love having a stylus back like I used so much in my Win Mobile Days. Nice features and capabilities too. Comes with Crayon Physics which I love as well as my games like World of Goo and Where's My Water are really fun to play with a stylus. Pretty heavy hourly usage and I get about 10hrs battery. Average usage gets me about 20hrs. If mostly standby or overnight 24hr+ should be no issue. Screen is the biggest battery eater. I keep my brightness at about 30% at the level right where it bumps up from lowest and turn off all the power saving and power adjusts that change brightness on me without returning them back. I can see the screen fine and not drop battery so quick. Hopefully ICS fixes the lag...especially with the keyboard hanging when getting notifications. Other than that it is a great phone.

July 17, 2012:
ICS added some pretty cool features and fixed some lag...although it still sometimes does this random pause. I love the new ability to hover the stylus and see a mouse pointer...it also allows web pages with hover menus to work now which is excellent! IMAP email support is the best I've seen in "stock" email apps so far now- Just remove the stupid 25 email at a time limit and you have a winner. I found it pretty lame that ATT had this update go over Kies instead of their own network and still...

Build quality 9/10 Needs real metal instead of metalized plastic edges, but still very solid feel.
Reception 9/10 Better than most, but not perfect.
Call quality 9/10 Better than most, but not perfect.
Internet 9/10 LTE drops off in low signal areas where it stayed with other phones.
Multimedia 10/10 Good sound and video.
Camera 9/10 A little grain, but good.
UI speed 9/10 Lags a bit with large screen.
Text input 8/10 Keyboard hangs when notifications show, etc.
Display 9/10 If not Pentile it would have been perfect. Very good screen, but Pentile does show at times.
Battery 9/10 10-20Hrs of battery depending on usage and config.

Pros

• Nice Screen

Cons

• Keyboards cover parts of the UI
  • Hard to hold if you get OEM Flip Case

candykillz
posted on 08 Apr 2012, 23:32 (Posts: 4; Member since: 31 Mar 2012)

LOve it!!

candykillz has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Best phone ive had hands down. The screen is beautiful, I have it in white and it looks and feels good in the hand. It doesnt feel cheap as the S2 did in my opinion. Very fast and reliable so far. I also have great call quality on this phone.

Pros

• screen
  • S pen
  • Speedy UI

Cons

• Camera isnt AMAZING, but Still optimal

Dutch1
posted on 03 Apr 2012, 22:28 (Posts: 19; Member since: 23 Mar 2012)

Samsung Galaxy Note

Dutch1 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Good phone but looking forward to Galaxy S III. The hardware is great. Gingerbread, everyone is tired of...waiting for ICS. S-Pen is great! Trust me, it comes in handy. This phone is made for people with big hands. The talk of the screen being too big is ridiculous. Once you have one, you will not want a smaller screen. I believe this screen size will be the standard in the future but a thinner phone. Great job... Sammy, Samantha, Samuel, Sammitch or whatever the current nickname is for Samsung.

Pros

• Screen size great for big hands and long fingers; Vibrant Display, Easy to text, Fits in your pocket fine

Cons

• processor speed is okay (expected more), ICS is not available yet.

redrooster13
posted on 23 Mar 2012, 21:42 (Posts: 107; Member since: 20 Feb 2012)

Great phone...but has issues

redrooster13 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Runs smooth but does get quite hot to the touch at times. Mine, along with all 4 display models at the store, has bad graphics/screen issues with displaying dark shades, what others are calling crushed blacks (easily noticable at night). Also had problems with banding (shading). Both issues were visible in 1st and 3rd party applications. Not sure if the issues were software or hardware issues. It may be just a software issue that can be patched, but I don't trust Samsung to fix it in a timely manner. There is a forum on XDA with 125 pages of people that have this issue with both the international and at&t versions of this phone. I returned mine to best buy today and will wait for some of the new quad core phones to come out before upgrading again.

Reception 9/10 Good but not as good as my htc inspire.
Text input 10/10 Make sure to use swiftkey or your favorite keyboard. The auto correct on the samsung keyboard is annoying.
Display 4/10 Mine, along with all 4 display models at the store, has bad graphics/screen issues with displaying dark shades(easily noticable at night). Also had problems with banding (shading). Both issues were visible in 1st and 3rd party applications.
Battery 10/10 about 24 hrs of life with my use.

Pros

• Good battery life for the size of the screen
  • Ran smooth

Cons

• Bad graphical/screen issues.

alculatr
posted on 22 Mar 2012, 00:50 (Posts: 2; Member since: 29 Oct 2011)

geminial

alculatr has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I've had this phone for about a month and it was worth the wait. This phone was release last Oct. internationally and I was waiting and hoping that it made it to these shores. It did and I switched from Verizon to AT&T in a matter of seconds to get. Since I got this phone a laptop that I recently got as a Xmas gift is now collecting dust. I can surf the web in bed and not have to worry when I fall asleep if its going to fall off the bed, I just put it under my pillow and hope the tooth fairy doesn't steal it.

Build quality 10/10 feels light weight and smooth to the touch
Reception 10/10 can get signal everywhere I go and the sound is so crisp and clear
Call quality 10/10 can't go wrong with the call quality. crisp and clear
Camera 10/10 the pictures are so real. feels like your a professional
UI speed 10/10 pretty responsive.
Everyday usage 10/10 since I got this phone I hardly ever use my labtop anymore.
Text input 10/10 my choices to choose from.
Display 10/10 awesome
Battery 9/10 could be better when using LTE which can drain the life out of any power station

Pros

• everything and then some

Cons

• doesn't come with ICS yet

JGuinan007
posted on 27 Feb 2012, 13:46 (Posts: 615; Member since: 19 May 2011)

Samsung Galaxy Note LTE

JGuinan007 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Finaly a phone that is a true portable multipurpose device. I use it for everything on the go. Camera, Video recorder, note pad, web browser, music player, ereader, doc veiwer/writer, banking, oh and phone. The big display is nice I can text well without mashing three buttons so it's faster for me and with swipe and voice to txt I don't even have to the s-pen is great I find my self circleing this on pics and sending them to people to show exactly what I mean. Samsung really did a great job on this phone I use it for everything more so than any other phone I've owned.

Build quality 10/10 Excellent Big display covered by Gorillia Glass, extremly lite for it's size not big thick or bulky but stream lined and made to be held comfortabley.
Reception 10/10 I dn't have LTE yet but I get great 3g/4g every where I go infact I haven't seen it go down to 3g and so far no dropped calls
Call quality 10/10 Talking on the phone I hear no static just the clear sound of the person on the other end
Internet 10/10 great connectivity swiches automaticly from wifi to 4g everything loads fast
Multimedia 10/10 Huge screen excellent display movies and games are such a pleasure and music on the external speaker is great too
Camera 10/10 1080p video looks great takes great photos indoor and out
UI speed 9/10 The UI is very good Touchwiz is well a Wiz but using live wall papers you do see that lag on every Android device still not bad but if it had a Exynos chip like the international you wouldn't see it at all this is minor still better than 99% of android phones
Everyday usage 10/10 I use it for calling, internet, quick notes, doodles, drawing, games, as a video/reg camera- it's my swiss army knife gadget all day long
Text input 10/10 text input is very nice you can text, swipe, write with S-pen, or use voice all of wich work and respond better than all my previous phones
Display 10/10 281ppi on a 5.3in super almod display it's sooo pretty
Battery 10/10 this phone lasts all day for me with very heavy usage you can but extended batery for it but I just charge it at night and I'm good all day I use it as Navigater in car and keep it on car charger though

Pros

• beautiful big display
  • multi purpose device
  • S-pen
  • call quality
  • fast
  • Thin
  • lite
  • 4g/LTE
  • great camera/video
  • Comfortable

ferari
posted on 26 Feb 2012, 01:22 (Posts: 1; Member since: 14 Jul 2008)

mr

ferari has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

I AM ELBARAMONY:
MY OPINION:-
when you used to use it for 10 days you will not be able to return to the small screen dimension again - all mobiles you will feels so small, difficult to write in comparing with galaxy note with big pretty screen and wonderful android operating system, my last mobiles is HTC windows, galaxy tap p1000, I-Mate pocket PC windows, Nokia e90, i think GALAXY NOTE from the best mobile i owned

UI speed 7/10 when i download apps need permission to access contacts - the contact shortcut need about 5 second to open and the log is the same although dialing pad.

jamhet13
posted on 24 Feb 2012, 10:09 (Posts: 5; Member since: 20 Feb 2012)

Awesome Samsung Phone

jamhet13 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Switched from an HTC EVO 4G with Sprint to this bad boy. Love it. I can still one hand text with it. The colors and resolution are amazing. Light weight and thin, fits in the front pocket of jeans with no problem.

Reception 10/10 Came from Sprint and new all my drop call areas. With this, not a single dropped call.
Call quality 10/10 Crystal clear either held to my ear or using the speakerphone.
Internet 10/10 The 4G is amazingly fast.
Multimedia 10/10 Love playing games and watching movie on the HD screen.
Camera 10/10 Haven't used to much so far, but the pics I've taken are beautiful.
UI speed 10/10 Very fast with switching between screens.
Text input 10/10 My hands are big enough that I can still one hand this phone.
Display 10/10 Spectacular colors.
Battery 8/10 Battery management could be better.

Pros

• Fast
  • Thin
  • iPhone killer
  • Stylus
  • LTE

Cons

• Battery life could be better

devon613
posted on 20 Feb 2012, 11:30 (Posts: 38; Member since: 13 Oct 2011)

Love this phone everything pops out at you....

devon613 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

great size love watching movies with it very fast and has great integration with the stylus....
been waiting for a phone like this since the dell streak and this is worth taking a chance on....if you get a chance grab one and look at it....

Pros

• size
  • screen
  • quick
  • stylus
  • lte
  • call quality

Cons

• battery life should be better
  • internet sometimes lags

devon613 alternatives:

jdubis
posted on 19 Feb 2012, 19:02 (Posts: 12; Member since: 15 Jan 2012)

Great iPhone Killer

jdubis has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Pros

• iphone killer
  • fast