Samsung GALAXY Note 10.1 User Reviews

Multimedia9.3/10
Call quality9.2/10
Battery9.4/10

jimmypena
posted on 09 Jan 2014, 04:52 (Posts: 0; Member since: 09 Jan 2014)

perfect

jimmypena has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

This tablet was well made out and thought out this tablet offers features that not even the ipad has for example the s pen multiwindowing and other things a tablet should have.Im hoping to get the new pro series to continue with the goo experience

Build quality 9/10 Plastic feels comfortable but not safe (back squekes sometimes)
Multimedia 10/10 Multiwindowing helps the experience
Camera 9/10 5mp isnt good but who will be carrying a tablet to take pictures?
Text input 10/10 This one of the tablets with easy typing due to the samsung keyboard layout that with just a pinch you can ajust.
Battery 10/10 Display is very bright but with the acurate settings it survives a heavy day

Pros

• s-pen, multiwindowing, 2gb of ram with quadcore , and brightness at high setings for out door use

Cons

• low pixel density and build quality which are very minor

Gjenck
posted on 15 Oct 2013, 08:11 (Posts: 0; Member since: 15 Oct 2013)

Good Choice

Gjenck has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

There is almost the best choice in comparsion of price/quality with others, The 2 Gb ram , S pen , Glass PLS Screen, 4 Core 1.4 ghz, the Wifi Direct ,A-Gps,Glonass and 7000mAh battery ,good sound is the pros what i can say as quickexplanation

aymnga
posted on 03 Sep 2013, 21:54 (Posts: 7; Member since: 19 Aug 2012)

lasting for ever

aymnga has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

A great travel companion and the best tablet ever...with no comparison to the ipad.....
Front speakers are great move ....it is all in one device use it for watching movies and surfing the web and instant chatting and email

Internet 9/10 I wish the explorer support unlimited tabs

Pros

• fleunt UI
  • multitasking
  • s pen functionality
  • expandable storage
  • 2 Gb ram

Cons

• display could be higher
  • unable to move apps to sd card
  • camera could be better
  • no enough apps support (android fault)

aymnga alternatives:

MasterSyrron
posted on 03 Sep 2013, 14:53 (Posts: 38; Member since: 08 Dec 2012)

Better than I expected

MasterSyrron has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I've had a great experience with this tablet, better than I expected based off user reviews.

The battery life is longer than I had anticipated, even with having auto-display turned off. (I keep it turned off because it seems to dim too dark for my liking.)

My only complaint (and it's an Android issue), is that I cannot keep the on-screen keyboard hidden when using a Bluetooth keyboard.

brianlam00
posted on 15 Jul 2013, 21:48 (Posts: 0; Member since: 15 Jul 2013)

Awesome... for the most part.

brianlam00 has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

At first when I was going to get a tablet, I was debating between this tablet and the nexus 7. Ultimately I chose the note 10.1 because it has a rear camera, spen, and touchwiz optimizations. It was the best decision I've made in my life. Then I updated it to jelly bean 4.1.2 and it only made it better. After almost a year of using this tablet its still on top of the market and is still working awesome for me. I recommend this especially for business use, but can also make the perfect companion for every day use, or even for gaming (with the quadcore processor)

Call quality 10/10 Speakers are spectacular
Camera 6/10 Video recording could be better...
UI speed 9/10 Especially after 4.1 update!

Pros

• Awesome processor - very fast
  • S pen + touchwiz optimizations
  • Performance is stellar overall

Cons

• sometimes creaks (the tablet), and may become hot (though it shouldn't be too much of a worry)
  • camera features + quality
  • resolution could be better but is not needed

fredke
posted on 24 Apr 2013, 13:55 (Posts: 0; Member since: 02 Sep 2010)

The creative wonderkid that kicks the seeds out of Apple products

fredke has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

Having tested and owned iPads, iPhones, and many more Android based phones, I was incredibly amazed at the creative and powerful abilities that lay in this feature packed device. For the price (I have the WiFi version) you get Adobe's best tablet offering free, and the plentiful and inexpensive tablet offerings on the play store give this device more utility for me than I could ever pay through the nose for in Apple's racket rip off Store. The developers here make great quality offerings that make this thing fun and useful, from a HUD (heads up display) for my 82 Mercedes, to a super universal email client (aquamail) to awesome HD widgets, the UI is yours to customize and make what You want to see, not what an Apple business person decides. Same goes for applications, the best app wins, not artificially limited by what is good for Apple. This device is fast and the speakers are really good to watch videos and listen to music on. Connectivity is cool using a Galaxy camera to remotely take pictures and wirelessly transfer them. The allshare caste dongal works admirably to mirror the tablet display and sound to an HDTV and stereo. Plus the multi Window is becoming more useful as more applications support it. It is a great overall experience.

Pros

• great value, Adobe photo editing built in, pen is great, customizable UI, tons of competing apps

Cons

• blue tooth bugs with Skype, swype missing, needs better video editing app

AamirSIII
posted on 12 Feb 2013, 16:00 (Posts: 187; Member since: 04 Oct 2012)

NEVER THINK ABOUT IT!

AamirSIII has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I got this tab in Sep 2012 and been 4.5 months now. the build quality is poor. screen is horrible! u can actually capture every pixel by using even ur phone camera! S-Pen has no apps and if any, useless! will sell it as soon as possible! the back left side gets hot even by 2 min of web page scrolling in browser! screen is the biggest finger print magnet of all the devices ever! even my S3 does catch less finger prints than this!
speakers are the only good thing in this tab but i dont think any body uses that so much often. call quality is acceptable!over all UI is fluid! and battery life is great!REALLY GREAT!like 15-18 hours of HEAVY USAGE! including 6-7hours of WIFI and 10 hours of screen time! really Great battery life!
only concerns are the build quality is PATHETIC AND UNACCEPTABLE! and Screen is 5 Years Old!

Build quality 1/10 it creeks and makes sounds from back panel
Reception 8/10 its good
Call quality 8/10 great voice

Pros

• Great Battery! rather the BEST BATTERY LIFE EVER!
  • UI is fluid! just like S3

Cons

• Pathetic Build quality
  • Most poor screen among all tablets including Chinese copy cat tablets!
  • Camera is 10 years old!
  • 720p video... in 2012!
  • the screen lags when scrolling
  • internet browser handles HTML5 great but browsing experience is below par

sszpyt
posted on 17 Nov 2012, 14:44 (Posts: 0; Member since: 17 Nov 2012)

Almost bought New iPad until I tried Galaxy Note 10.1

sszpyt has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

I owned two iPads (1st and 3rd generation models) and wanted more memory and I was at Best Buy ready to shell out big $$ for the new iPad when I saw the Galaxy Note 10.1 on display and decided to fiddle around with it (being an android phone user, I knew the basics for operating the device). I have to admit at first the screen bothered me but within 10 minutes I no longer noticed the difference. The note for not having a high resolution display akin to iPad looked really good.

Don't get me wrong, the iPad is a great device but with everything the Note can do that the iPad can't it was a no brainer for me. I never stored music on my iPad because memory was too expensive to waste on that and I don't like or want iTunes since I use multiple OS's on my devices.

I bought a 32GB Galaxy Note and outfitted it with a 64GB Class 10 memory card and a couple of 32GB cards are stored in my case with movies on them, so when I want to watch movies I swap out the memory cards (the ability to use external microsd cards alone was a major reason for me to get this device over the iPad.)

I could go on and on about other things I like about this device but tablets are a very personal thing... you need to buy what works for you not for anybody/everybody else.

Build quality 8/10 PLASTIC. But feels similar to my Galaxy SIII phone and I hope this will be as durable. I've dropped my phone several times on the sidewalk and only suffered a few minor scuffs.
Reception 10/10 have WiFi only model. However, this puppy has a very strong wifi receiver in it. Gets a good signal when my phone gets a weak signal outside the house.
Call quality 6/10 WiFi only model. used 5 just so it wouldn't throw off the final score because of my purchase decision.
Internet 10/10 Excellent browsing speeds.
Multimedia 10/10 Excellent video playback.
Camera 6/10 In my opinion a camera in a tablet is a ridiculous thing. But since they decided to put one in, I'll compare it to my phone.. my phone produces MUCH BETTER images.
UI speed 10/10 Haven't come across any lagging or choppiness reported by reviewers.
Everyday usage 10/10 Excellent battery life, and I love the Peel app for controlling my tv and audio system.
Text input 8/10 Pretty good but no tablet has a great text input system, but this one is as good if not better than the others I've tried. I especially like the split keyboard for when I'm holding the tablet in landscape mode.
Display 8/10 Excellent display for not being an ultra high resolution screen.
Battery 10/10 Lasts me 2 - 3 days of average use without having to recharge.

Pros

• Multitasking
  • S-pen
  • TouchWiz UX Interface
  • Personalization Features
  • Expandable memory with MicroSD cards
  • Speakers on Front of device, not back

Cons

• Camera (should not be in a tablet)
  • Proprietary Port
  • Would've preferred better case construction
  • No usb ports - Have to buy an adapter to connect usb devices

xtremesv
posted on 07 Nov 2012, 22:47 (Posts: 236; Member since: 21 Oct 2011)

Android Productivity

xtremesv has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

When the Galaxy Note 10.1 was released, I have to admit that I was disappointed due to the specs. As if things couldn’t be worse, reviews all over the internet start to pop up, they were frightening like the ones published in The Verge and Android Police. PhoneArena gave it a 7 and so on. Apparently, there was nothing good about this tablet.
I had the first iPad and then the iPad 2 and I loved them but I felt it was reaching its age, iOS is extremely boring and I didn’t forecast a real evolution for Apple’s platform, jailbreaking didn’t ameliorate things. The iPad 3 was my logical path due to the accessories and apps I had bought but I resisted. I saw the famous Retina Display at a local Apple retailer and wasn’t impressed, sure it’s a beautiful screen but that alone didn’t justify spending $700.
And there it was the Note 10.1 again, I watched some reviews on YouTube, specifically the ones from MobileTechReviews and PhoneDog and weirdly they praised the Samsung tablet. I analyzed the reasons for which I had criticized the Note 10.1 in the first place and realized that was me trying to get a Retina iPad with Android. I had already concluded the Retina display was a gimmick, normal people don’t need that ultra high resolution. The aluminum back? Well, the sole time I saw the iPad aluminum was when I pulled it out the box and put it inside a hard case. At the end I finally decided and took the plunge, departing from Apple’s walled garden.
And here I am, with my Samsung Galaxy Note...

Pros

• S-Pen and bundled apps for it
  • 2 GB of RAM for multitasking
  • Good performance due to powerful chipset
  • Juicy battery
  • Light weight
  • Front stereo speakers

Cons

• Quality plastic is still plastic
  • Display is fine but my iPad 2 had a better one
  • No micro USB or HDMI port

janssen
posted on 30 Oct 2012, 19:22 (Posts: 1; Member since: 30 Oct 2012)

dual optimal screen usage

janssen has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

S-pen is really helpful, none can be compared.....The cpu is a beast, and seems to be the best amongst other tablets(benchmarkwise).....Added 2 gig so it's always a big plus unlike other conventional tablets stuck on 1 gig ram.....But the biggest attaction is the ability to do 2 things at the same time on the screen, imagine watching a movie while doing your math homework(precious!!!!!) or the really amazing copy/paste without interchanging screens. You can even take a picture of the web your at, or a page of a book your reading.....Owe, did I also mention this comes with ps touch?Try it and this feature stands out of the other tablets.....Also slim and light enough for my hands.....The screen resolution is just ordinary but bright enough with crisp contrast to be useful for multitasking.....

With exynos 1.4 quad, 2 gig ram, s pen and dual screen capability, this tablet is truly opted for creative minds......

Only downside is the screen resolution, but retina res is so overrated unless you can find a way for it to be useful other than watching/reading stuff.....

Definitely 9/10 rating.....

Pros

• Almost all of it(screen is the only downside)

Cons

• Screen res is nothing to be proud of

harshu
posted on 27 Oct 2012, 06:17 (Posts: 0; Member since: 27 Oct 2012)

Great to have a new Tech

harshu has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

Best in all , any one can be glad to have this note + tablet + phone..
Much more better than I pad 3
U can have it it's not so much expensive ..
A one time investment for atheist 3 years
U can do almost all thing which can be done in computer , phone as well as in a Notebook..
+ having a pen is just like a magic wand in your hand..

samsungapple
posted on 30 Sep 2012, 21:11 (Posts: 10; Member since: 30 Sep 2012)

Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1

samsungapple has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

I've had this for about 2 months and its an excellent device. Samsungs previous tablets were failure, i have to admit. But with this new Galaxy Note 10.1, this is a new revolutionary tablet. With this, you can now draw like a paper. And its a quad core. Its very smooth.

Pros

• Almost Everything

Cons

• The camera could have been better and it would have been better if it wasn't made up of plastic.