HTC Droid Incredible User Reviews

Battery6.8/10
Reception9.3/10
Display9.4/10

IAMPrimordium
posted on 28 Oct 2013, 16:14 (Posts: 0; Member since: 28 Oct 2013)

REALLY nice and snappy

IAMPrimordium has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

This phone is very high quality with minor design flaws here and there but honestly the best phone I've had. Very fast with a Snapdragon processor and 512 mb of RAM, extremely nice besides its weak screen (cracked too easily) and sub-par camera on the camcorder end.

Build quality 8/10 My screen cracked from a small drop onto a soft surface (my car seat) but that might be a minor flaw in my phone specifically based on other reviews I've read.
Internet 9/10 Sometimes the internet will get slow and/or stop but its still fast
Camera 8/10 The camera is pretty nice but video recording is lacking.
Text input 9/10 Autocorrect can be a bit annoying but a nice responsive keyboard
Battery 3/10 The battery honestly is the worst out of all phones I've owned.

Pros

• Music Player very nice
  • very customizable
  • Sooo fast, especially for it being outdated
  • stands the test of time

Cons

• weak screen (mine cracked when I dropped it on the seat of my car...) might be a minor design flaw in my phone specifically
  • os sometimes has weak points, I have to factory reset my phone every once in a while

IAMPrimordium alternatives:

wicky14
posted on 21 Aug 2013, 18:25 (Posts: 1; Member since: 21 Aug 2013)

Still A Soild Phone

wicky14 has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

Using this going for more than 2 years, it is still able to run most applications with very little lag, the only downside is it is still running android 2.3 gingerbread, so most new applications require 4.0+,

Build quality 8/10 Has held up very well over the months, with little to no cosmetic damage
Reception 7/10 Able to have 3 or 4 bars wherever i go, however there are exceptions where i dont have a strong signal.
Call quality 6/10 when there is good signal very clear, when its not a perfect signal it is hard to understand other people.
Internet 6/10 3g seems slower than it should, tests show me to be getting less than 1mb
Multimedia 8/10 very nice and overal music and video player
Camera 10/10 one of the best cameras i have seen, and it is still able to be compared to some phones in 2013, with its 8 megapixel camera, it has the same resolution as most phones much newer
UI speed 8/10 HTC sense runs extremely well, barely any lag in the os itself
Text input 8/10 the keyboard is very good, easy to type on
Display 6/10 its a solid display, not hd though, but more than pleasing
Battery 9/10 battery when it was new was extremly good, and still getting about half a day with the same stock battery.

• sd card

Cons

• trackball

ambrown
posted on 07 Sep 2012, 18:03 (Posts: 29; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)

Great phone even two years later!

ambrown has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

This phone has been great for me. I bought it new when the model was almost a year old, but it felt great! The processor was quite snappy despite dual core offerings flooding the market when I purchased it. There were some glitches, especially after the update to 2.3 Gingerbread, but a second update basically fixed the bugs. I was annoyed by a persistent "low space" notification for a while, but that too went away after the last update.

I once dropped it in a puddle and went to do a battery pull but realized the interior was completely dry! So it survived a short term submersion at least. But sadly water would eventually get to it when it got submerged in a swimming pool. But before it died it was a great phone and I'd probably still be using it now if it weren't for the pool incident. Even with now quad-core processors out it was still a great little phone.

The internal storage got used up far too quickly for me it seemed, but with moving apps to the SD card this issue wasn't as bad...with a small SD card though it becomes apparent much more quickly.

Build quality 10/10 Resilient to the end. It felt solid in my hand. The materials felt quality.
Reception 9/10 Pretty good, even with low bars rarely dropped a call. Occasionally there was a random dropped call or something, but not on a regular enough basis for me to complain about it.
Call quality 8/10 Voices were always loud and clear. But the re was an oddity that the person calling initial couldn't hear me say hello. So for like a second or two no answer on my end could be heard even though the call connected and I could hear the person calling me, so I'd have to say "hello " twice a lot. But other than that call quality was very good.
Internet 8/10 Some slowness on both 3G and Wifi. Wifi was definitely faster, but weak signal kind of hurt performance, though that could be due to my Wifi being partially in the basement (I'm on the bottom level of my apartment complex). Generally it was fast enough for me to use, but some slowness made it frustrating at times, though that may be more of just a general cell phone problem than this particular model.
Multimedia 9/10 Access to Google Play, eBooks, movies, etc is pretty good. The video player is quite robust, though occasionally wouldn't play nice with some websites (though I suspect it was the mobile site more than my phone as other sites worked just fine).
Camera 8/10 Very decent for a smartphone camera. Was kind of slow though, and autofocus messed things up more than helped at times. I'd say as far as smartphone cameras go it was about average.
UI speed 8/10 I like Sense UI but over time it got really glitchy. maybe that was due to some of the updates, but it got bad enough I switched to Go Launcher and never looked back to the stock Sense launcher. The hardware was obviously capable as Go Launcher was buttery smooth. The stock launcher just slowed over time. But overall I'd say Sense is better than other custom skins on other manufacturer's phones.
Everyday usage 9/10 Very capable for everyday use. Web surfing, texting, phone calls all worked as you would expect.
Text input 8/10 Sometimes a little clunky, but I got used to it. The keyboard is virtual and I thought it worked great, but I eventually downloaded a third party keyboard app to switch it up a bit. The optical trackball was sometimes helpful for moving the text indicator around for editing, but this was a mixed experience as sometimes it worked great (in text only fields) but sometimes it wouldn't get right where I wanted it (usually on websites or other apps that had more than text on the screen).
Display 9/10 Screen was very pretty and I could get 720p streaming over Wifi that looked great! On 3G the data was just too slow, but that didn't effect the screen itself. It's not an HD screen, but video looked a little better streamed at the higher resolution. It wasn't very bright in sunlight, but I usually kept the brightness low to save on battery. at 100% battery life suffered bad.
Battery 6/10 Probably the weakest part of this phone (but really all cell phones). As mentioned above I kept the screen brightness low to save on battery. I downloaded the "Brightness Level" widget to keep it handy for quick and simple brightness selection. I found 25% worked best for most situations, and it helped keep my battery going for most of the day. Optimization made the battery last for me, but without optimization it would be gone way too fast.

Pros

• Fast Processor
  • OK Camera
  • Screen looked good
  • 720p recording
  • 720p playback over Wifi (screen is not HD, but that small it looked good anyway)
  • Solid design (can take a lick and keep ticking)

Cons

• Internal storage used up too fast
  • Verizon Bloatware galore

wsucoug13
posted on 29 May 2012, 00:05 (Posts: 164; Member since: 04 May 2012)

Very good overall phone

wsucoug13 has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

My first android and I really like it. Walked into the store planning on getting the iPhone 4 and walked away with this after doing to research. Even though this phone is old now it can still do almost everything the new top end phones can do. Very fast and snappy although it does have its glitches once and a while. Recently downloading the updated software and although it made the phone faster overall it has increased the amount of glitches significantly. Love the HTC widgets and overall design of HTC's UI and build design of their phones but they tend to be on the glitchy side and this phone is no exception. My next phone is going to be either the Razr HD or the SIII.

Pros

• HTC UI

• Glitches

alextg
posted on 03 Jan 2012, 14:13 (Posts: 0; Member since: 03 Jan 2012)

overall, a pretty good phone. i guess.

alextg has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

i received a htc droid incredible for christmas of 2010. this was my very first touch screen smartphone. i loved it. i had absolutely no issues with it until about 9 or 10 months of owning this phone. the battery life is absolutely terrible. a full battery on my incredible will last 2-4 hours max. i MUST have access to a wall charger or a car charger at ALL times or my phone will completely die on me, which sucks, i'm a 20 year old female so i use my phone a lot and work. the screen also freezes up sometimes too, for long amounts of time, even after i restart the phone. i am not able to text, make phone calls, or do anything with the phone until it unfreezes itself, one time which took up to thirty minutes. sometimes when i am texting or typing anywhere on the phone, the word i am typing comes up backwards. yeah, weird, i know. i get notifications that say my phone is low on space and i am 100% certain it is not. it's very annoying. those are all the issues i have with this phone. other than that, it has all of the things i like to have in a phone. it's touch screen, a good size, somewhat thin so it fits in your pocket easily, it has a camera and a multiple photo galleries for photos, a video and sound recorder, storage for music, tons of free downloadable apps are available, internet browsing, easy access to email, text messaging, skype, facebook, twitter, wi-fi, bluetooth, and navigation/gps. it has everything i want and need. i would definitely recommend this phone to someone...

Internet 6/10 you can't have more than 4 windows open at once.
Camera 6/10 you can't hear sound on recorded videos once they are played back.
Battery 4/10 the battery life is terrible. a full battery will last me 2-4 hours.

dirtycooper
posted on 25 Aug 2011, 19:14 (Posts: 0; Member since: 25 Aug 2011)

incredible is awesome

dirtycooper has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

i got this device and flashed it to cricket wireless. its a great phone. i have no problems with it. i also got an extended battery for it. i also customize the s*%t out of it with go laucher ex which works great on this device by the way. and its flashed to cricket with full data, text and calls. all unlimited for 45$ month

Pros

• 8 mp camera
  • 720p video recording

Dom3269
posted on 13 Jul 2011, 14:34 (Posts: 0; Member since: 13 Jul 2011)

Worst cell phone I have ever owned!!!!!

Dom3269 has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I have owned this phone for 6 months and have already gone thru 3 incredibles because of glitches this phone is far from living up to its name!!! I am stuck with this horrible phone for at least another year. I will never buy another android ever again!!!My advice go with an iphone or blackberry you wont regret it!!!

Pros

• internet
  • apps

• has a ton of glitches
  • has a mind of its own

Dom3269 alternatives:

mariocelsi
posted on 06 Jul 2011, 16:29 (Posts: 0; Member since: 06 Jul 2011)

Better and Better

mariocelsi has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

This is a great phone, lives up to its name - INCREDIBLE! It's beautiful, easy to use, fun, great camera, fast internet browsing, and on and on and on... I love HTC Sense. Love HTC keyboard too, it's a lot more convinient to type numbers and alt symbols than others I used. The only bad thing you have to charge it every day.

Battery 2/10 Battery doesn't last a day...even if you don't use your phone..I have a charger in my car, my office and in my house...

Pros

• Android System
  • Lightweight
  • Robust
  • Easy connection with google

Jkemp0807
posted on 08 May 2011, 16:29

And it also makes phone calls.....

Jkemp0807 has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I have had this phone for about 7 months. I picked it up and sad to say a month later I found myself in Africa for six months. I do not have a verizon signal here obviously, but I can say hands down this is the best multimedia device I have seen. With WIFI access the only thing you do not have access to is your phone plan (text, phone, voicemail) I would have left my HP mini at home. A few things need tweeking. The pre-installed Skype program does not run as well as the downloadable version and relise on the network connection. This is fixed by downloading the free skype program. Battery life is not long, but remember that when the phone is running twice as long as most netbooks and faster. Picture quality from the camera is amazing,

So bottom line, this phone has replaced my netbook, digital camera, Ipod, GPS, and XM radio. Oh and when I get back to the States, it makes phone calls too.

Pros

• Extremely well rounded device

Cons

• Computer interface and other software tweaks are needed

Chris1051
posted on 09 Mar 2011, 08:32

Great

Chris1051 has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I got this phone on the day it was released. It simply does everything! Out of the gate at least it was running 2.1 - and the upgrade to 2.2 was slow and painful - however it only gets better from there. I am not someone who roots phones - and realize this can be done. I am just using the stock Verizon software - the bloatware annoys me - VZ Navigator, Slacker Radio, etc - that crap sucks. Other than that though - this thing is attached at my hip 24/7. The only bad thing I can say is the battery. Even with all the battery saving tips, it doesnt last me a full day. I wish it came with the upgradeable 2100mAh battery instead of the crappy 1300mAh battery.

The stock browser is totally awesome - it kicks the pants off the regular android browser. Stock keyboard is not the best. Display is stunning.

Pros

• Everything mentioned above

raleighrealtor
posted on 04 Mar 2011, 06:01

Realtor Uses

raleighrealtor has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

Before June 2010, I used to take a mental inventory before I left my home every morning . . . do I have my camera . . . my video recorder . . . my GPS . . . my voice recorder? I am a Realtor, and having all of those things are a necessary part of my arsenal (is that the "politically correct" way to describe my stuff?). Then I bought the Incredible, and after that, I only make sure that my phone is in my pocket because it's a camera, video recorder, voice recorder, GPS and a ton of other things more! The only thing it won't do is save a bad marriage . . . but who wants to save one of those anyway.

Camera 8/10 focus limitations

Pros

• Almost everything

Cons

• Battery life - need to keep chargers everywhere!

Owlet
posted on 01 Mar 2011, 17:57 (Posts: 446; Member since: 21 Feb 2011)

Simply The Best!

Owlet has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

RIP iPhone! Long live Android!

Mosando79
posted on 08 Feb 2011, 04:16

INCREDIBLE

Mosando79 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

I have to say this phone is just INCREDIBLE. Great phone on a great network. I live in San Diego/Tijuana so I have the Nationwide + Mexico plan and this phone just works great, way better than my Devour that got stolen (thank God). The camera is great my girlfriend loves it, and she is a professional photographer. Love that it has dual LED flash. Flashlight app it comes with very very handy. This phone has everything you need and nothing you don't want. Only issue I have is not with phone but VZW that when I call with its signal into Mexico sometimes it gives me false info i.e. phone disconnected or wrong number dialed and when it goes through sometimes the people can't hear me. O well that is not a phone issue. Anyway best phone I ever had and I have had mobile phones since 1998. Great job HTC. Next up IPhone 4, lets see how it compare. STAY TUNED.

Pros

• Great Design
  • Great Reception
  • Very Nice Speakerphone
  • Fast Connections
  • Great For Texting (Eng & Span)
  • OMG Camera
  • Great Video

thisguy29
posted on 26 Jan 2011, 17:26

AWESOME

thisguy29 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

This is the best phone on verizon( in my opinion ). It fits in your hand. the screen looks great, though it does lose some quality when in direct sunlight. I like the joystick - type thing they have on this phone as well as all of its other features. Highly recommend this to anyone looking for a smartphone. The only bad thing is the battery but no smartphone has a great battery.

Pros

• evrything but battery

denmcdon
posted on 29 Dec 2010, 12:26 (Posts: 88; Member since: 07 Jun 2009)

nice

denmcdon has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Nice addition to my droid family,sometimes i think i like it better than my X.I usually switch between both and somtime the X seems a little too big but i love my X.Right now the only thing that the X has over this phone is the screen size.I also have the original Moto Droid that i don't use anymore that doesn't even compare to both these two devices.

phonefreak123
posted on 28 Dec 2010, 07:37 (Posts: 6; Member since: 25 Jun 2010)

Pretty Great Phone!

phonefreak123 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

This phone is pretty amaing! I like the Sense UI, it's cool and works great! Design is absolutely stunning!!! The camera is also great as well. I love taking pictures on it! The only con would be battery life; it is bad and you have to charge it twice a day if you don't want it to die. Otherwise, best phone I've had!

Pros

• Great design
  • Excellent camera
  • Sense UI is awesome

Cons

• BATTERY LIFE!!!

vic
posted on 21 Dec 2010, 10:48

droid incredible The Best phone, Bye Iphone 4

vic has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

Droid Incredible THE BEST PHONE, and I don't care about what people said, people thinks that iPhone is the best phone because apple made it, I know that apple made good products because I have an apple computer, iPhone is beautiful, yes it is, but Droid Incredible is INCREDIBLE , ANDROID is INCREDIBLE, VERIZON is INCREDIBLE, it also recorded in HD 8 megapixel, exellents photos, droid incredible is the best... iPhone will be a good phone, if it come to verizon , but at&t is not incredible, is the truth and like at&t said in commercial PERIOD.

Pros

• FAST
  • Widget
  • Android
  • Verizon
  • Apps
  • HD Screen

Moosekillerwithfarts
posted on 21 Dec 2010, 09:50

Droid Incredible review

Moosekillerwithfarts has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

This pohne with its snappy sense UI and verizoins high speed EVDO rev.A connecction makes it a very powerful device. The realy only bad thing i have to say is with the desighn a build quality of the device. It is just plain ugly on its back side, but the plastic constuction does make for a good weight. it doesn't make the device feel any more durable. it also suffers from false readings on the reciption bars. The photos are very good and the detail it is able to produce are pleasing. the bad part is the the phots look dengy. Every thing else is on par with the other phones of the world.

Display 8/10 great color reproduction and pixel density but un usable in direct sunlight

Pros

• great display
  • nice text input
  • flash 10.1 on web browser
  • snappy interface
  • great detail in the photos
  • HD videos were suprisingly decent
  • light weight

Cons

• false recipton readings
  • poor color reproduction on the photos
  • nearly unussable screen in direct sunlight
  • not to big a fan on design
  • poor build quality

CiCi
posted on 18 Dec 2010, 11:47

Its fast, lightweight and still running like new

CiCi has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

Love the whole thing , its easily customizable. Unlike some of the other smart phones! it adjust pictures well for back drop. Has a nice sleek professional look. Battery lasts me up to 4-5 days on regular use. My guess is those of you who are complaining still have the haptic feed back on, which vibrates every time you touch the interface.... which yes will drain your battery fast! and is extremely unnecessary. Also turning off all the added animation preserves the battery as well, i don't see any cons! I've had it since it came out and it still runs like a gem, though i did get one tiny scratch on it :(

Stan
posted on 15 Dec 2010, 17:09

The Incredible is truly Incredible! Stands for its name!!

Stan has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

You might think that i rushed through this all but no because this truly is an amazing phone!! Beats the Samsung Fascinate by a mile!! An yes i have had the Fascinate. Great phone all over! Only thing i would want to change is the battery life. If only it could be doubled.

Pros

• EVRYTHING!!!

jay mo
posted on 17 Nov 2010, 23:58

This phone is just amazing!!

jay mo has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I had a Blackberry and was afraid to switch because of bbm. What was I thinking?? My new Incredible is just "amazing!!!" There is nothing this phone does not do. I havent put it down. I keep finding new things every day. If anyone is like I was, on the fence weather to switch over or not, DO IT! You will not be disappointed. Only suggestion is buy an extended battery. I run a lot of apps at once, so the battery tends to drain faster.

Incredible Rocks
posted on 21 Oct 2010, 11:02

Heavy user

Incredible Rocks has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

As a heavy user, this phone provides an extremely high level of daily function. It truly performs as a phone (#1), a camera, a camcorder, an mp3 player (small enough to use while running unlike the droid x), and a netbook. With the full version of documents creating & editing spreadsheets can be done on the go. ONE INSTRUMENT/TOOL needed.....that's what rocks this phone!

iamrobertkrogh
posted on 10 Aug 2010, 14:39 (Posts: 31; Member since: 02 Apr 2010)

Best phone I've ever used

This is my first smartphone, but I rate it the best phone I have ever used!  Lots of customizing options, extremely quick, does everything I could ask a phone to do!  Only cons so far are the battery life, I have to charge it at least once a day after I take it off the charger in the morning, but I do use it A LOT.  Also the screen is hard to see when you are outside in the sunshine.

Pros

• Fast. Lightweight.

Cons

• Battery life. Visibility of screen outside in daylight.

Drewsipher
posted on 05 Aug 2010, 21:48

First smartphone

Well I have been wanting a smart phone for a while, but never found one I liked. I almost got a Moto Droid but couldn't because of my contract didn't allow me to upgrade for a few months... Just so happened the incredible was announced to be launching 3 days before my update date. I am so happy that happened. The phone is truly incredible. I had a huge problem with the battery life until I found an app called juicedefender, it effectively doubled my battery life while keeping my auto-updates going and I couldn't be happier about that. The phone is slick on 2.1 and I am waiting patiently for Verizon to push 2.2. I couldn't be happier with the phone and the OS.

Pros

• Android OS!!!!!
  • 8 megapixel camera
  • Screen is super crisp in anything but direct sunlight
  • The screen is responsive
  • Sense UI with the 7 screens is great

Cons

• In direct sunlight the screen is unusable
  • The battery life BEFORE I found juicedefender. Now not as big of a deal.

bluemonkeys
posted on 23 Jul 2010, 16:51

Great Phone - no complaints

I've gone from a Windows Mobile phone to this and have not had one inkling of regret!  I loved the Omnia and thought it was a great phone - aside from the battery life.  Now that I have the Incredible, I'm wondering how I got along with the Omnia! This thing is awesome - it's fast, colorful, intuitive and reliable.  Yes, there is a problem with the battery life but I've gotten the larger battery (and battery cover) for it and it is truly the best thing on the market (in my opinion, obvisously).

I've only had this phone for about 2 weeks and haven't put it down.  I've loaded several apps (and have uninstalled many others) and am finding new ones everyday.  The seven "pages" of screens really affords you with having several widgets on display which makes everything incredibly easy to access.  The sound quality of phone calls is exceptional.  Cell reception has been great but I live in a larger city (150K+ people) so there aren't many "dead spots" in my area.  Web browsing is quick and easy.  Texting is actually a breeze as the program is very intuitive and learns what words you're spelling automatically and quickly.  The original battery usually lasted about 14 hours (of near constant use) and I think the new battery will last twice as long. I'd recommed this phone to anyone - the Droid program is awesome and the phone itself if terrific.  So glad to finally have a great phone!

Honestly,...

Pros

• Fast internet
  • Great sound quality (for calls)
  • Easy to access internal programs (widgets)
  • Quick processor
  • Inutitive programs (texting, etc.)

Cons

• Battery life isn't terrific
  • Screen washes out in direct sunlight