Dell Aero User Reviews

Linda McKinney
posted on 11 Oct 2010, 21:40

batter life terrible

Battery life really is horrible. I charge it all night and by afternoon it has to be charged.Other than that really no problems. The use of the phone sucks the life out of the battery. Had to go buy phone charger to be able to keep phone charged while being out for the afternoon. Can not find a case for it, not holder, case, anywhere. Something has to be done about the battery.

Pros

• overall love it

Cons

• not a good battery
  • unable to find any case for it

Shane Vendrell
posted on 03 Sep 2010, 01:35

1.3

Garbage

This phone sucks. I can't find anything good about this phone. Camera lacks quality and so does video. Barely able to make it through a day without having to charge my phone and I AM A LIGHT phone user. Screen lacks visual appeal. Doesn't even feel like Android. Feels like a crappy beta version of iOS or something. It's awful. It's so slow. No multi touch. Slow 3G speed, only 3.6 and not 7.2. I can seriously not find anything good about this phone. This makes me mad because I had such high hopes for this phone.

Pros

• None. As sad as that may sound.

Cons

• Pretty much the whole phone. The whole phone is just a giant CON.

Vic from Cali
posted on 01 Sep 2010, 02:23

2.3

Probably the worst Android phone ever

Getting tired of my iphone 4's reception problems I decided I would down grade back to my old iphone 3gs. Well my 3gs finally broke on me so I figured screw it. I'll go with Android. I use to have a mytouch slide long ago and it was great even thought I could only use EDGE. Moving on I made the suggestion that I am thinking about getting an Android phone. So she brought this phone home to me. At first I had no idea about this phone or much less knew that it ran Android, so I read the info and sure enough it said it has Android 1.5. That kind of sucks but I figured it wouldn't be that bad. Especially since there was a UI overlay over the 1.5 thats on the phone. Well heres where it starts. I boot the phone up and set up everything and wow. All I have to say is WOW! LAG! This phone is a lag monster. All it does it lag. Basic things like sliding from side to side on the home screen lag!! Opening menus, going through contacts, web browsing etc ALL LAGS!!!! But I said fine. Screw it. I don't wanna take it back. I'll get over the lag. Then when I start trying to install apps. Guess what. This phone can't run certain apps. Even if the app supports 1.5. Some apps don't work on this phone. At this point I couldn't take it anymore. I had to return it. On a side note I did try using the camera and camcoder. Awful. Poor quality. Sucky battery life.....to give you an idea. I would charge the phone over night, wake up and go about my day at 10am, by 6pm the phone is getting ready to die....

Pros

• Screen size
  • Comfortable to hold
  • Slim
  • Pretty UI

Cons

• Not very responsive screen
  • Lag and Slowness doing just about anything on the phone
  • Some apps don't work for this phone
  • Terrible Camera/Camcoder
  • Terrible Battery life
  • Pretty UI is pretty much just for show. Doesn't help the phone at all.
  • Android 1.5

Jason from Dallas
posted on 31 Aug 2010, 13:31

Aero- I like it

My family and I have been using iPhones for quite some time, but we've had numerous issues with them over the past few years.  I've been in the Apple store way too many times to count.  So, I opted for the new Dell Aero phone.  So far, I'm very pleased.  I have SYNC in my F150, and my iPhone was always sketchy.  Since using the AERO, I've not had one issue with it.  Also, I like the MP3 player instead of the iPOD.  Much easier to share music with the rest of my family.  The Aero is also quite a bit lighter than my iPhone.  Allows me to carry it in my front shirt pocket without the stretching my shirt.  I have yet to drop a call (which may be iPhone or AT&T based, I don't know) but the AERO seems to be much better at keeping the call connected.

Pros

• Slim
  • Lightwieght
  • Back button
  • Works well with with Ford's SYNC system

Cons

• E-mail folders aren't as easy to navigate through as the iPhone.

Marco from Tropoj√ę
posted on 28 Aug 2010, 03:57

Stay away

I was lucky to get this phone before its release date and I have had it for awhile now. It's terrible. It's suppose to be an Android device but it feels like its not. The phone is slow and laggy. Some apps don't want to work with the phone since the phone has 1.5! Stay away from this failure of an android phone. The G1 is better than this phone and that phone aleast had 1.6. The camera is terrible. Pictures are grainy. Battery life is also terrible. I guess the phone being laggy takes up alot of power? My mind is still blown that a phone made my Dell that came out in late 2010 has 1.5. What were they thinking? It's as if AT&T is trying to give there customers a bad Android experience. If you are on AT&T and you want Android. Right now the Aria and Captivate should be your only choices as far as I'm concerned.

Pros

• Nice screen
  • Slim design

Cons

• 1.5
  • laggy
  • choppy performance
  • terrible camera
  • poor battery life
  • no future upgrade past 1.5 for a very long time