x PhoneArena is hiring! Reviewer in the USA

Multimedia8.3/10
Internet7.1/10
Battery7.3/10

stilt
posted on 13 Jul 2008, 21:46 (Posts: 63; Member since: 13 Jul 2008)

PHONE IS GREAT.
I BOUGHT A STYLUS TO HELP WITH THE TOUCH SCREEN"only because I have fat fingers"
GREAT CAMERA
THE PANORAMA IS GREAT
CALL QUALITY,
SIGNAL..... ALL GREAT

AND IF YOU GOT THE VAST CAST MUSIC WITH RHAPSODY SUBSCRIPTION OH MY MY MY. 14.99 a month for unlimited music
I AM NEVER BUYING A CD OR SINGLE AGAIN. I CAN GET IT ALL FOR 14.99 IT DOESN;t get any better than verizon. I had tmobile, helio, at&t us cellular and alltel. I am locked and loving it at verizon.

ShutX
posted on 08 Jul 2014, 12:28 (Posts: 0; Member since: 17 May 2014)

hahaNOPE

ShutX has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

Its fine, honestly. No crashes so far, great pictures, music is pretty good and all.

But.

ITS
TOO
SMALL
TO
TYPE
ON

Maybe its because my hands are relatively big (the phone is the length of my middle finger) but the screen is way to small to type on and now I'm going to replace it.

The battery cover is too bendable for my likings.
Maybe it's because of the people I talk to but I can only make out the other person's words like 85% of the time.

Pros

• battery longer than my *cough cough*
  • doesn't shatter (plastic lol)
  • not too big
  • I like 'em thick

Cons

• screen too small (for me)
  • call quality kinda weird
  • small
  • feels like I could break it with my hands

mikevs
posted on 21 Nov 2009, 14:35 (Posts: 0; Member since: 21 Nov 2009)

1.3

Complete junk

Everything. This phone is basically a regular phone with a touch screen. The phone has no features. This is my second dare and this phone keeps unlocking it self and calls random people on my contact list. The phone will turn on on its own inside my pocket or bag. The texting is horrible and is unresponsive. I am glad this phone is discontinued. Now people will not have to deal with all these problems and get other nice phones Verizon has to offer.

Pros

• Nothing

Cons

• Unlocks even with lock on inside pocket or bag
  • Turns on on its own
  • Calls random people on contact list
  • Has very limited features
  • Texting is unresponsive

kfelao576
posted on 18 Nov 2009, 18:39 (Posts: 0; Member since: 05 Jul 2008)

Awesome Phone

This phone is GREAT! I had this phone for more than a year and I am very pleased by its large display, camera, and its amazing abilities. The beauty of the phone is another thumbs up. One minor issue though is the keyboard, it is a little hard to type at first but later on, you get used to it. It definitely isn't the kind of phone you would want if you are one of those hardcore texters. Also, the music quality of this phone is very crisp and I thought it was one of the best multimedia devices out there. Too bad this phone is discontinued. :-(

Pros

• Beautiful Design
  • Great Touchscreen
  • Good Camera

Cons

• Texting

Iosephos
posted on 05 Mar 2009, 11:36 (Posts: 0; Member since: 05 Mar 2009)

LG Don't

I'm not sure what Verizon's love fest with LG is but it really needs to end. All the LG phones are terrible. I recived this phone as a gift from Verizon because my LG Voyager had kicked the bucket so many times, and this phone was worse! The onscrean keyboard function was terrible and even after calabrating it all different ways it still was no use. The speaker phone is completely useless when your in a car (In NY we have a hands free law), I really dislike headsets so I would use the speaker phone constantly and not be heard. My personal favorite was when typing using the numerical keyboard (IE: Normal Phone Style) it would randomly insert characters. I went out and spend the dough and got a Napoleon, best phone I've ever owned.

Pros

• Touch screen was fun when it didn't mess up
  • Regular phone speaker worked fine
  • Easy to use interface
  • Nice design, better than carrying a brick around

Cons

• Poor texting
  • Poor calibration
  • Poor speakerphone quality
  • Poor overall layout of functions

warpdog06
posted on 22 Feb 2009, 19:02 (Posts: 0; Member since: 22 Feb 2009)

lg dare

i like it becaucse of the texting the T9 word and getting the 3g and the equalizer and moving the apps to the home screen. i hate not having the clock on stand by. the MP3 player is tight. it fast.

Pros

• mp3,apps phone

Cons

• texting

missmotodiva
posted on 08 Feb 2009, 16:50 (Posts: 0; Member since: 08 Feb 2009)

not a txting phone!

i must say i hate my dare! ive had it for a while now and i just want a new phone. i have the evn before the dare and loved it but it broke after two years of having it so i thought the dare would be a great new phone for me. well i was wrong. two days after having it and i hated i couldnt txt on the dare to save my life and i still cant till this day. i am always hitting the wrong key when txting. it takes me 3x long to txt then it used to on my old evn. but there are a few things about the phone are are pretty my like the pic on the phone come out pretty good, not the best but better then some other phones. besides that thoi hate my phone and wish i would have never got it! so WARNTING TO ALL TXTERS... DONT GET THE DARE ....  unless you are sure you will love your phone.

Pros

Cons

• txting not good

duarte1478
posted on 07 Feb 2009, 18:49 (Posts: 0; Member since: 07 Feb 2009)

New User

I'm a new user and I recently got the Dare, yesterday in fact. I did alot of research before getting it. I had the LG En V (first one) before I got it. I was skeptical because I didn't know if I'd enjoy touch screen because my finger tips are stubby. Texting can be a pain sometimes. Mostly with the qwerty board, using regular T9 works the best for me. Vibrate sucks. My En V used to vibrate so loud it sounded like a ringtone. But over all I'm pretty happy with the design and the features. The mobile email won't let me use Gmail though. The camera works great, love the "favorites", music player works awesome, dunno about battery power but I do play with it alot hardly ever give it a rest. I'm sure once I'm used to it and quit playing with the phone as much the battery will last a lot longer.

Pros

Cons

• Vibrate mode
  • Qwerty Board

alex2048
posted on 10 Jan 2009, 12:03 (Posts: 0; Member since: 10 Jan 2009)

important Internet applications does not work

I return Dare becouse some important web applications do not work. It is critical bug. It is bad practice to issue gedanken device. Threrefore my rate is worst despite many advantages.

Pros

• good design,
  • web applications:
  • qwerty keyboard is good rather then bad
  • youtube works good

Cons

• some important google mobile aplications does not work, for example google maps.
  • browser does not support unicode, I cannot use e-mail because some correspondents use Russian and Japanese

kwhite.tn
posted on 24 Nov 2008, 07:18 (Posts: 0; Member since: 19 Sep 2010)

No dare involved

Mywife talked me into the Dare. So, I bought my Dare two days ago. It is a good little phone. Reception is good and the Dare seems to be able to pick the signal up almost any where. I moved from a Motorola V9m to the Dare. I was really scared about changing to a LG phone. I am convinced.
Two things: 1. If you are used to a flip phone, this new technology is a little uncomfortable. But, after a few days, I am getting the hang of it. The virtual buttons just don't push. I did like that about the Storm. The virtual buttons 'push.' 2. I am used to a flip phone where you flip and talk. You can'd do that with touch screen phones. You have to push two buttons before you can answer. I may need to change something in the settings.
The Dare is a good phone so far. Like i said, no one has to dare you to try it.

MotorolaExpert
posted on 01 Oct 2008, 14:17 (Posts: 0; Member since: 21 Jul 2008)

THE BEST REPLACEMENT........EVER

originally, i had a RAZR V3c and then i Upgraded to a RAZR2 V9M. i loved the phone like another person in my family, but after a while of having it, the phone started restarting itself after having the screen go white for like, 30 seconds. so we went to verizon and they gave me a new one. this one, turned out to be some cruddy phone that someone previously owned. the phone glitch and they fixed it, and then they gave it to me. i bought the RAZR 2 with 250 bucks in my hand for my b day present. i was really angry and then i decided i wanted a dare. the would not give it to me, and after my mother had a little debate with the verizon people, i got a dare for FREE. i have the phone now, and i must say this is the best phone i have ever had. the touch screen is outstanding and responds to touch extremely well. scrolling through the menus is really easy. you could calibrate the phone to your touch. the music player is pretty good, although without earphones, it cant play that loud. every part of this phone is great. get it.

Pros

• everything-TEXTING

Cons

• why would they put bad things in it???

graclr99
posted on 30 Sep 2008, 20:20 (Posts: 0; Member since: 30 Sep 2008)

PROBLEM

I love this phone. I got it a week ago but I recently noticed a problem. If you are talking on the phone and its up to your LEFT ear, if you listen you can hear a repetitive clicking noise and it is very annoying. The only reason I can come up with is because the dare is like the iPhone; when you turn it on its LEFT side when you are texting the screen flips. The sensor must repeatedly be going off when you have the phone tilted that way. If you talk on your RIGHT ear you won't have a problem. Anyway, I returned the phone and got a new one hoping that it was a specific defect to that certain phone but this new phone too does the same thing. Overall its a great phone but this defect is leaving me no choice but to sell it and get a different phone. So to those of you who talk on your left ear beware!

Pros

• - Great GUI
  • - Touchpad is great

Cons

• - Honestly my only complaint is the clicking noise in the left ear.

lothos
posted on 26 Aug 2008, 13:10 (Posts: 0; Member since: 25 Jun 2008)

The Dare ---- WOW----

I started with A Samsung U340 then I moved to the LG Voyager and neat that was like moving from a horse to a caddy, now I have moved to the LG Dare. I have big fingers and using little phones is a real pain but the Dareseems to be working just fine with my big fingers I enjoy the Accelerometer when playing music and the Camera is awesome.  My Phone reseption has improved over my Voyager and texting was just as easy as the voyager all around I love My Dare.

Pros

• 3.2 MEGAPIXELS, Photo edititing on the phone, 8 Gb Microsd, clear sound,

Cons

• Finger prints and scratches

MotorolaExpert
posted on 24 Jul 2008, 19:44 (Posts: 0; Member since: 21 Jul 2008)

WOW.....

first of all, my aunt has the LG DARE. she let me see if for about 30 minutes and when i was done i came to the assumption that this phone was somthing new that other cellular phone makes could base future models off of. When i was ddodlying mindlessly with this phone, it seemed to have a really high quality touch screen, that is very easy to use and i had no hassle using it. the camera on this phone is finominal. i took one ficture and this phone could let you see every pixel of the photo, and video record is pretty decent too. the features on this phone are really cool especially the doodle option in which you use your finger to make pictures and costomization of the pictures you make is top quality. the moving wallpaper is another great feature, which features about 8 or 10 options of moving wallpaper. what i really like about this phone is the format of the main menu, and the way of navigation through the mutiple menus availible. texting is pretty cool too and anyone can see that this phone reflets the VOYAGER, also by LG. in my conlusion, the LG DARE seems to be a really good phone and this is something you should keep your eyes peeled for during the holidays or anytime soon.
graet work LG. KUDOS

VerizonGuy4285
posted on 12 Jul 2008, 17:04 (Posts: 0; Member since: 12 Jul 2008)

Verizon Rep

Good phone thats easy to use once you get a feel for the touch screen.

Only glitches/negatives I have seen so far is:

-Camera prefs dont save.
-Sometimes when texting the phone locks.
-When trying to save a picture from a txt the phone will sometimes reboot.
-The animated screens are pretty bad. Stick people with hula-hoops? Comon at least make them fight or something.

The up-coming software update should take care of these problems.

I found the reception to be good but a bit weaker then my LG8700.

The option for the black menu display is a great feature.

3.2 Camera with flash and video editing is a very nice touch.

All around great phone.

figid123
posted on 24 Mar 2011, 19:51

Great Phone, Gonna Miss it :(

figid123 has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

Love this phone. One of the main features I wanted while looking for a phone was a nice camera, as I am a photographer. So, when i found one with a touch screen, a nice camera, AND an actual headphone jack, I took it. It is an amazing phone, with amazing focus. In good light, it can even take really nice macro shots. On my microSD card, I have about 150 songs and 1540 pics in the highest resolution. The bluetooth works amazingly also. I am going to miss this phone, as I am now switching from Verizon to Sprint. :'(

Build quality 10/10 Only 2 not-so-bad scratches over 2 years
Multimedia 10/10 This phone is
Camera 10/10 AMAZING! This phone began my photography hobby. No one believed that I took them with JUST MY PHONE.
Everyday usage 9/10 Every now-and-then it froze, but thats to be expected after 2 years.
Text input 9/10 It occasionally has a slight delay.

• Doubles as an iPod

Cons

• Pressure sensitive, not touch

Liam
posted on 31 Jan 2011, 03:03

Such an incredible phone!

Liam has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

I got this phone in October 2008 and I love it. The moment I got this phone I put a Zagg Invisible Shield on it and that's saved it from countless drops on the ground. I've always had such good call quality and reception with it. The camera could be better, but considering it was made 2 and a half years ago-it's understandable. I honestly don't have one complaint about this phone. I've been holding out for the iPhone to finally come to Verizon and now here it is so it's time to switch. Overall I would definitely recommend this phone to anyone looking for a backup or just a simple usage phone that doesn't need apps or anything.

Build quality 9/10 Very sturdy, especially with an Invisible Shield
Reception 10/10 I could pretty much always make/receive a call anywhere at anytime
Call quality 10/10 I never had a problem trying to hear what the other person was saying.
Internet 9/10 It was good considering the screen size and not being directly built for 3G
Multimedia 10/10 So good on this part. I loved being able to play music and go do other things on my phone at the same time. Multi-tasking! The camera and screen resolution are great too
UI speed 8/10 For when it was made-good
Everyday usage 10/10 I love that I could rely on this phone for something I need everyday. Phone calls, texting, using it as my camera, etc
Text input 9/10 I didn't like the full keyboard too much. They were all too small and close to each other. But the keypad texting worked great for me
Display 10/10 I love the display. Very nice and clean
Battery 8/10 Like all batteries, they tend to die out. I've replaced this battery twice and going through ebay I've only spent $5 on a brand new battery and then the problems fixed for another year.

Pros

• Reception
  • Reliability!
  • You can calibrate touch screen to your liking

Cons

• A bit sluggish at times, but it fixes itself quickly
  • Battery dies out

SUMISH
posted on 03 Jan 2011, 11:41

BETTER THAN NOKIAPHONES

SUMISH has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

nokia sets r so bad because its nothing than friendly my nokia e72 is dead iam using over a year now nokia customercare telling warrenty is over so you should give 5000rs to change its motherboard what the f....k i should give them 5000 in 5000 i can get another nokia .no no nokia is hell and nothing than the worst phone i will go for some others just like lg,samsung or others nokia's camera is nothing it can't even take pictures in bright light. if you r taking pictures in bright light it decreases the light and make picture quality too low when it compare to other companies.so go for others its battery too low just for a day nokia su..................

Pros

• texting
  • internet

• overall su....

LG Dare User
posted on 01 Dec 2010, 15:36

LG Dare Complications

LG Dare User has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

This phone has been great until all of the sudden. Suddenly, the phones end send and clear button have been unresponsive. The clear button does not work. I have to take the battery out at least 2 to 7 times a day so the buttons will work again. It locks itself in the middle of texts and when i hit the camera button on the side it goes to my recent calls!

allyowner
posted on 19 Nov 2010, 15:10

Great Little Stylish Phone!

allyowner has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

My mom bought this phone because she wanted a "good phone". Well, it is lightweight, easy-to-use, and I like it! It has a good touchscreen, and is stylish! It is an LG Prada for Verizon Wireless! Too bad it's no longer available for sale! I would buy it!

Build quality 8/10 Scratches easily!
Reception 10/10 Awesome reception!
Call quality 10/10 Awesome, as with most VZW phones!
Internet 10/10 Awesome browser!
Multimedia 10/10 Great features!
Camera 10/10 Great picture quality!
UI speed 8/10 A little sluggish!
Everyday usage 10/10 Awesome!
Text input 6/10 Virtual QWERTY only!
Display 10/10 Awesome!
Battery 10/10 Nice!

Pros

• Nice!

Gaary
posted on 30 Oct 2010, 14:07

LOVE the DARE!!

Gaary has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

I've had the Dare since it 1st came out 2 years ago and I'm still finding the amazing things it can do! Today I learned that you can record your phone calls and just like the features it's easy to do! I wanted an I-Phone but since I have Verizon that wasn't an option and I hate AT&T, so the Dare was the next best thing at the time and it still is. I look at it as the I-phone is the MAC of phones but Dare is the PC version. The touchscreen keypad has always worked for me, the camera and sound are great as is the reception/signal and call quality. After 2 years and much use it still acts like it's new, even after dropping it many times. The only issues I ever had was the battery dying (after 2 years so not really a problem) and how it sometimes unlocks by itself and starts making calls/texts/taking pictures by itself but I've had other phones that do this so no big deal either. It's a little slow at times and sometimes the lags frustrate me but I've gotten used them. I've thought about upgrading to a Droid Incredible recently after finding out that the Dare has been discontinued (bummer) but I love this phone so much that I'm holding off for now. All and all, the LG Dare is a great phone - good sound quality, battery life, signal strength, features - it has everything I need and much more...

Pros

• Great sound quality
  • Signal strength - the important stuff for a *phone*...
  • Touch screen works very well
  • Nice features
  • Sleek design

• Unlocks by itself
  • Display screen a little small

tdoggfitz
posted on 21 Oct 2010, 18:11

Well...

tdoggfitz has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

Well, I've had this phone for two years now and I just ordered a new one last night. I really wanted to get the Droid X, but I don't want to pay the stupid $30 a month for internet stuff I'll never use, so, I went with the Samsung Reality. Hopefully it'll work out. Anyway, this phone, I love it and hate it. When I first got the phone I remember boasting about it all the time. Everyone thought it was the coolest thing ever because no a touchscreen phone yet. Within the first month, I started having problems though... Whenever I clicked on something, at random times it'd just turn off. I could never change my display settings and I could rarely talk on the phone. After about a month of putting up with this I found an option to reset my settings and that fixed everything except for the calling, which I didn't have a problem with then. I loved and still love the camera on this phone. It had so many megapixels for a phone camera when it first came out and it takes great pictures. Luckily I have an extra 4GB of space on an SD card to save all the pictures I take. Over the next two years it earned its fair share of scratches to the screen and body. Now the lock button is broken, the bottom keys for calling and stuff are almost done too from just wear and tear. I loved this phone except for the texting on the QWERTY keyboard because it was so laggy and the buttons on the screen were kind of small so you'd hit the wrong one all the time. And when trying to send a picture ,video, or recording...

Build quality 9/10 Basically indestructible. I've thrown it at many different surfaces and it still holds up very well.
Reception 9/10 The only time I've EVER lost service was at the top of a mountain.
Call quality 1/10 Ugh...
Internet 7/10 I didn't use the internet too much but when I did it was fast for the most part.
Multimedia 7/10 Once again, never really used it that much
Camera 9/10 I love the camera.

Pros

• Touchscreen
  • Indestructible
  • Lightweight
  • Reception
  • Music Player
  • Texting Using Portrait

Cons

• Talking On the Phone
  • Texting Using QWERTY

Samantha 260115
posted on 10 Sep 2010, 20:12

2.7

Worst phone i have had yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this is the worst fone i hav had so far and i hav only had 3 others and i though they were bad. i really regret getting this fone i got it cuz i thought it was cool and i would always joke around with my friends and say dare to touch it. lol like the comercial but it does mess up alot

Pros

• the camera

Cons

• phone calls
  • texting
  • touch screen
  • it deletes songs for no reason.
  • the screen starts to peel after awhile

S.Affinati
posted on 07 Sep 2010, 11:01

My FAVORTIE phone so far!

I've had many phones - clam shells, touch, etc - the LG Dare is my FAVORITE phone so far!  The people that have such negative reviews may have a bad phone - get it replaced while on warranty!  Mine works perfectly.  Our daughter liked it so much, she got one, too.  Hers works perfectly, as well.  I have mine in a case; our daughter usually has hers in her front pocket.  We've had these phones for over a year.Also the people that complain about the touch screen may not have *calibrated* their phone.  It matters!  We read that if you want to text (or otherwise turn the phone to landscape to type with your thumbs) you should calibrate like that - makes sense. I love the tactile feedback, which you can adjust - you can also choose to have audible feedback or not.  Anyway, our daughter texts a lot and she types very fast on this phone - as fast as with her previous phone that had a "non virtual" keyboard.The LG Dare has great sound quality - both ways.  I love the menu system, although I wish there were more shortcuts (ie numbers) once you're inside a feature - but I guess that's what the icons are for.  I'm used to it now and can even get to the right place without looking - it's just a matter of practice.  The music player is a nice addition to my phone - plus I have a rhapsody subscription - awesome!!  I use an 8gb micro card...The other features seem small, but they make me happy - different...

Pros

• Great sound quality, battery life, signal strength - the important stuff for a *phone*...
  • Touch screen works *very well* - just remember to calibrate it.
  • Nice features - love the customization options, such as the shortcut menu and contact favorites.
  • Fun stuff - themes, fonts, music (love my rhapsody!)
  • Power cord and USB in one.

Cons

• Verizon software - should allow more groups, more contacts per group, multiple groups for each contact; should also have included *address* info for contacts.

Jessie1600
posted on 09 Aug 2010, 00:19

2.3

WORST PHONE EVER

I have had this phone for only a couple of months. It turns on and off for no reason, randomly calls people and texts people. The external backlight will turn off and you have to filp it open to use the phone or turn it off and then back on. The clock on the external screen disappears. Today it erased all my downloaded ringtones. It locks up while texting or trying to use the phone for any reason. It does not retain the words you save in T9. If the screen is not completely clean it will click the wrong button. The battery life goes down hill after only a couple of months. It freezes up while using different applications, texting, playing games, looking through contacts, etc. This is the WORST phone I have had in the last 10 years, and there have been many phones in that time. I would not recommend this phone to anyone-not even my worst enemy!

Pros

• NONE

Cons

• Phone Calls
  • Texting
  • Apps
  • Memory
  • Informaiton Retention
  • Random Calls and Texting
  • Freezes Up