Casio G'zOne Ravine 2 User Reviews

Camera6.7/10
Multimedia5.3/10
Internet2.7/10

ReBoot
posted on 26 Nov 2012, 14:23 (Posts: 0; Member since: 26 Nov 2012)

Casio G'zOne Ravine 2 is pitiful.

ReBoot has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I have had the phone about 5 months.
I have to charge the battery everyday and I am not a heavy user. Maybe 5 calls a day, 1 photo sent 5 or 6 text, and a little solitaire.
The door to the charger port broke off.
The calendar and alarm clock alarms turn themselves off randomly. Once you notice the alarms are not working you have to remove the battery and re-insert it for the alarms to work again.
If you happen to have two calendar appointments for the same time, the phone locks up and can not even be turned off. You have to remove the battery and reinsert it to get the phone to work again.

Internet 1/10 Don't have this feature.

Pros

• Lots of room for quick text.

Cons

• Battery, alarms, and build quality.

Wantsmore
posted on 09 Feb 2012, 09:12 (Posts: 0; Member since: 09 Feb 2012)

eh..issues. Rock was better.

Wantsmore has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

I've had the Rock and liked it. My ravine2 also does this upside down and backwards mess..but it does it in negative mode (kinda when you adjust picture settings and take a pic in negative). Throughout my day when I open my phone for use, it's blank. I reclose the phone and open it up and it's in upside down/reverse/negative mode. This occures 2 or 3x a day. This behavior sucks but I feel stuck w/ it. I don't care to own a smart phone and pay the extra. I would've owned the Comando if it were available in 4G. I remember my Rock having a simplified front touch screen to scroll through the Gz gear and music or I could use the motion detection to do music. I also enjoyed the spring flip-open on the Rock. The Rock rules..I'm trying to like the Ravine2

Pros

• Great reception/Speaker phone

Cons

• Upside down, reverse, negative mode! Batterey Life.

gzonedisatisfaction
posted on 28 Jan 2012, 15:19 (Posts: 0; Member since: 28 Jan 2012)

Ravine does not have the durabilty and ruggedness of the Rock

gzonedisatisfaction has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

In November of 2011, I lost my Casio Gz'One Rock. Because of the great experience that I had with the Rock relative to ease of use, functionality, and robustness, I wanted to replace it with another Rock. Unfortunately, the Phone Insurance Assurion could not locate a Rock. After much argument, they replaced it with a Ravine. Now, it's the fourth week of January, 2012, and the screen is either blank, or upside down and backwards, or totally garbled when I flip the phone open. The key's are also already starting to feel "loose". How does the durability test results for the Ravine, compare to those of the Rock? Based on my experience, less than stellar. BRING BACK THE ROCK!!! Also, I tried the casiogzone.com website support e-mail page, but it would not load. Are there too many complaints coming in?

Build quality 1/10 Display failed within two months of purchase.
Reception 7/10 Typical of other phones I've had, no better, no worse.
Call quality 7/10 Typical of other phones I've had, no better, no worse.
Internet 5/10 Did not use for internet and had to put a rating. Should have a N/A checkbox!
Multimedia 9/10 Good picture, video, sound quality
Camera 10/10 Great picture quality for a phone
UI speed 2/10 Overall good user interface, except keyboard is not as easy to blind text as Rock was.
Everyday usage 7/10 Combination of phone, compass, thermometer, pedometer, is great. Only downside is keyboard is not as friendly as the Rock was
Text input 1/10 Not as good as the Rocks keyboard for blind texting
Display 1/10 Failed within two months of purchase. Would have preferred display size of Rock to save on battery life.
Battery 7/10 Good batter life, but did not seem to last as long as the Rocks battery

Pros

• Features like Compass, Pedometer
  • Supposedly built to MIL specs like the Rock

Cons

• Display failed within two months
  • Keyboard was not as easy to text with as the rock