BlackBerry Torch 9800 User Reviews

Everyday usage9.3/10
Camera9.1/10
Multimedia9.3/10

shaheen7x2
posted on 30 Apr 2012, 02:21 (Posts: 1; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)

The HERO !

shaheen7x2 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Hi guys,
i bought Blackberry Torch.. totally impressd on the feautrs.. and its performance.... i had choosen ths model mainly for Internet purpose and am havng great Satisfaction...Multitasking ..jzz wow really a powerfull phone.. Battery life too good..
got lots of Apllications nd lots of stuff frm Blackberry Market.. both free and paid are available ther, anyway thankz to Blackberry ammm Happy to hav a fo lik this.

shaheen7x2 alternatives:

Mr Bombastic
posted on 13 Jul 2011, 16:56

Blackberry Torch review

Mr Bombastic has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

Great phone! fantastic for business, very fast (as long as you dont overload it memory).
Battery Life is good if not used constantly.
Great Business phone with brilliant features such as the Camera.
But If the chairman of Blackberry is reading this, use a lithium battery in the future, like the Iphone 4's battery. Many Thanks Mr Bombastic.

Build quality 10/10 Awesome quality, had the phone over a year no chips or anything.

Pros

• Everything else

Daniel Nd
posted on 18 Apr 2011, 08:58

I love that Smartphone

Daniel Nd has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

The BlackBerry Torch 9800 is great smartphone. It cannot be compared to the Iphone. It's a friendly user phone. Easy access with whatever you want. Well done R.I.M. It's really exceptional, amazing, goes beyond expectations. I personally recommend it to everyone. Just try a BlackBerry, you won't be dissapointed in your life...

Andrew McWhirter
posted on 28 Mar 2011, 21:02

Awesome Phone

Andrew McWhirter has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I've had the Torch since launch day in Canada. Over the last 6 months, this device has been a real champ and hasn't let me down. An overall great experience. Browser renders great, and is one of the best communication tools on the market. I still prefer the keyboard of the Curve series, with the raised keys, but the Torch keyboard gets the job done.

Jak
posted on 01 Mar 2011, 09:02

???

Jak has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

There are things that I absolutely love about this phone. Unfortunately, at the price, there are disappointments: the gun-metal coating is already chipping after less than a week (and I look after the phone), the battery life is horrid and there are a few software glitches: e.g. I can't remove BBM requests even after I've accepted them. If someone can help with this I'd appreciate it. Also, the processor is a little slow. Still, apart from the build quality, which is my biggest gripe, I really like it.

Build quality 5/10 The gun-metal coating chips off (something the Samsung B7330 never did), the back cover is slightly loose, and the slide doesn't feel completely like it will last :(

Geoffrey
posted on 01 Feb 2011, 22:24

Love This Phone !

Geoffrey has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I went fron an Iphone 3gs to this one and I am so glad I did. I love being able to customize the settings of the phone more than apple allowed iphone users to do. I like having touch screen and slide out keyboard. With the trackpad and the slide out keyboard you can do everything on this phone with one hand. The trackpad is like having a mouse while using the web browser. Camera is good for a phone camera. If you want a great camera, I suggest you use a real camera.

Pros

• two kinds of keyboards, micro sd expansion,trackpad.

ested23
posted on 02 Dec 2010, 10:52

ested23 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

LOVE this phone. Usually, for the most part, I NEVER get a phone when it 1st comes out, but I was desperate to get it. The 1st batch had issues, such as lagging and delays, but now with the software update, it works GREAT now. Again, I love this phone.

Pros

Cons

• Weak Battery Life
  • Needs Flash Drive

eGuepardInc
posted on 13 Nov 2010, 18:13

Great Phone BUT AT & T Support doesn't have a clue!!

eGuepardInc has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Purchased the phone for my biz account. Everything was great until it came to sync'g with my laptop! First Real Genius to AT & T's Tech Support stated that this phone didn't sync with MS Outlook! Second and third didn't have a clue about the phone. To bad this phone is only with AT & T!!!!

Text input 6/10 Screen not responsive!

Pros

• Great Phone
  • Good functionalty

Cons

• AT & T
  • AT & T Tech Support
  • AT & T Service

Mizzar
posted on 07 Nov 2010, 08:46

IPhone killer

Mizzar has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

The Torch feels almost like the IPhone, in fact, some features looks very similar, graphically speak of course, very fast response time, a little quite heavy but for me this Phone brings BlackBerry to the next level.

- The Battery capacity it’s decent, 36 hours using the toys
- The screen it’s great, crisp and clear images, the accelerometer does the job rotating the screen, maybe lack for a soft transition from one orientation to another ;)
- The virtual keyboard it’s very comfortable, basically the same of the iPhone.
- 8 gigs on board (4 internal+4 microsd)
- and the most important things… It’s BlackBerry!!!

El BB Torch se siente casi como un iPhone, de hecho, algunas caracteristicas son muy similares, la experiencia “touch” es muy agradable, la pantalla es grande y con una Buena resolución (podria ser mejor), la duración de la bacteria es buena, día y me día usando todos los “juguetes” del equipo, si me parece un poco raro que, aun cuando se preocuparon por suavisar la mayoría de las transiciones la de cambiar la orientación de la pantalla la dejaron bastante tosca, recordé de momento a mi antiguo N95 8gb, salvando las diferencias claro.

De resto, me parece que este equipo puede cubrir las expectativas del usuario más exigente.

Build quality 10/10 Se siente compacto, estructura de metal, superficie tracera de goma antiresbalante y un acabado extremadamente elegante

Pros

• its BlackBerry, great camera, fast response time, elegant

posted on 01 Sep 2010, 12:05

Screen Resoution is really nice!

Push Email:
Works like it should and SO reliable.

Its GOOD. Its Smart. Using it for cpl of weeks.

For the AT&T customers: this would be the best deal among other phones. Price worthy.

Pros

• #good Sound quality
  • #good Display
  • #Tracking pad is good innovation
  • #touch screen

Cons

• cant see any thing wrong with it

posted on 01 Sep 2010, 11:34

Nice looking device, and I plan to pick it up, but I wish it had changing contacts like the 9700. Now we're gonna be hammering the USB port again to charge this thing, like the Storm owners. I hope the port is durable and lasts for the life of the device. I've seen lots of devices beginning with the 8800, Curve and newer that have had the USB port go south due to freq usage for data and/or charging. Oh, I wish they could have upped the resolution too but I can live with it.

Pros

• cam
  • network
  • os 6

Cons

• nothing

posted on 01 Sep 2010, 10:10

i LOVE THIS PHONE! Blackberry can never go wrong; it is the best of both world!!! i would defiantly reccoment this phone to everybody and their grandma!!! This phone is easily operable; clear pictures, fast browser; wonderful texting style; LOVE IT! I am really glad I did not get the Captivate and saved my upgrade; I wanted to hold out to see if BB would come out with anythin new; Boy, was I wrong; This phone completely blows me away! I did not think I would even use the touch screen but it is very easy; You will not go wrong with this phone!!!

B

Pros

• the new screen
  • the keyboard

Cons

• the processor is fine, but i wish it was better

d stein
posted on 29 Aug 2010, 17:26

Torch very disappointing

Disappointed with my Torch purchase. The 512 mb processor is simply too slow. The phone freezes for a few seconds often leaving me frustrated. I find myself always searching around for the main functions since they're not 'locked' at the bottom of the screen. They could've put in an indentation to open the keyboard...not so easy to open. This phone would've been a force had it been released 18 months ago, but after seeing the Droid2 or Iphone 4, this blackberry isn't worth it.

justlicia
posted on 27 Aug 2010, 17:34 (Posts: 0; Member since: 26 Aug 2010)

I have had this phone for about a week and a half. i purchased it, hoping it would somewhat be comparable to the iphone 4. I must say, i am dissapointed with it. The touchscreen is impressive, i must say, very easy to navigate with. The pinch to zoom, and the "tap" to enlarge was very easy to use. Usual blackberry features, the BB OS6 was easy.. not a variety of apps, but not a huge deal. Web was pretty fast. 5.0 MP camera with the flash was amazing. Overrall, it's a pretty decent phone for those Blackberry lovers.. however, the battery life is horrific! I even set my phone to turn off automatically everyday at 11 pm, and then turn back on at 6 am, would take the phone off the charger at around 7 am, and by 10 am, 30%of my battery was done for, with little usage. I tried switching out the batteries, and it was no help. So I'm sending this back today.. the web froze occasionally, the multitasking feature is WONDERFUL (even better than the iphone). If it wasnt for the battery being so horrid, i would more than likely rate this phone a 9.

Pros

• multi-tasking ; touchscreen ; slider keyboard (even though it's a tad small, but it takes some getting used to) ; OS ; camera with flash.

rebecca graves
posted on 12 Aug 2010, 21:28

i LOVE THIS PHONE! Blackberry can never go wrong; it is the best of both world!!! i would defiantly reccoment this phone to everybody and their grandma!!! This phone is easily operable; clear pictures, fast browser; wonderful texting style; LOVE IT! I am really glad I did not get the Captivate and saved my upgrade; I wanted to hold out to see if BB would come out with anythin new; Boy, was I wrong; This phone completely blows me away! I did not think I would even use the touch screen but it is very easy; You will not go wrong with this phone!!!

Pros

• EVERYTHING

Cons

• NOTHING