BlackBerry Pearl Flip 8220 User Reviews

BBdoll
posted on 05 Nov 2009, 14:27

Good & not so good

Nicely designed. Takes too long to start.Battery drains fast when talking, but lasts for a long time when listening to music. Excellent mp3 palyer; plays many file formats -no need for IPod anymore-.Great alarm, great calendar and organizer.Great voice recorder. OK video/picture capture. Pictures sometimes are too big, they don't go.Typing is a challenge. Tracking ball awesome feature from BB. Sucks when saving info on a ongoing phone call.Voice dialing must improve. Internet incredibly slow.Overall, great for a flip phone. I understand that a phone is a just a phone, not a netbook.So, happy user until now. Got unlimited minutes and I wish battery would last as long as my minutes!

Pros

• Flip phone: No random calls, no mistakes & protected tracking ball.
  • MP3 Player: Absolutely awesome deature.
  • Organizer: All you need to go.
  • Tracking ball: Useful to dial when driving.
  • Voice dialing: Useful to dial when driving.

Cons

• Reboot: It takes for ever.
  • Battery: Before you know it, its gone. Make sure to keep one charger at home and one in your car.
  • Typing: Oh, thank G-d I am not one of these texting girls! I would be dead by now.
  • Saving #s on a phone call: For some reason when I am talking and try to save a number, it never happens. Is that that I do not know how to use it?

none
posted on 14 Oct 2009, 10:30

bb flip tmo

overall its a good flip phone thats better then a lot of basic flip phones. it give you good bb options to use. music player is sounding real well and it can go very loud if you choose in options, also the side volume buttons are good because if you hold down it will change to the next track or previous. call quality sounds real well and the speaker works well too with voice and listening to music. 3.5 headphone jack makes good for any headphones. the only bad thing is the battery life is not too good if you use it all day with vibrate and listen to music it will need to be charged daily but if you dont and turn the brightness all the way down it can last a few days. i really enjoy viop calling with tmobile which lets me use wifi to make unlimited calls with a $9.99 monthly charge. get a bb with tmo if you want good cell service.

Pros

• music player
  • call quality
  • messaging

venkata sudheer
posted on 05 Sep 2009, 05:20

Hi all,I have this phone from past 1 week, I conformed that I purchased a gr8 mobile now, this is first time I'm satisfied with my mobile after nokia 5610, (I brought samsung star,nokia 5800, nokia 2700,nokia 5310,lg km 380,motorola e8,htc touch). The first part is screen is very bright and I thought I was looking a tv scree, very clear as in tv , felt that screen is alive.The call quality is amazing (the reason why I have to change these mobiles), wallpapers setting is very good, no cut in the 1600*980 size wallpaper ( in samsung star, the wall paper setting is complete crap and it irritated me to level that I break the phone, other features in this phone is nice)I'm not message person, usally I prefer to call insted of sending messages. I took me quite some time to get used to mesage typing, Music: The software given along with this mobile is nice and its easy to transfer music to my mobile, I usally keep the music in folders, insted of giving album names and other details, this is cus in India, we listen movie songs more then private albums, so we use to keep them in folders and I want a mobile with file manager (here nokia 5800,lg KM 380, motorola e8 failed, these play only only one song I select, nokia 5610 takes all songs in that folder and play them)I need to check more regarding the musicCamera: camara takes nice photos when flash is there, its not up to mark without flash (dont know what's resolution)The most difficulty is in call log, I'm used to log of...

Pros

• screen
  • no need to open phone to read messages
  • good sound
  • amazing build quality

Cons

• no equalizers for music players

Grantonio
posted on 07 Apr 2009, 15:47

AWSOME

ok so iv had this phone for about 4 months now. and i waited this long cuz most people wright there reveiws right after they get there phone and they think its amazing at first and then they relize that its a crappy phone.   so eny ways i love this phone its sooooo amazing me and my bff both have this phone and we love it.

Pros

• Sleek disighn
  • Great camera
  • So easy to txt

Cons

• the clock on the phone isnt digital witch sucks

jay_lo07
posted on 23 Oct 2008, 00:14

looks can be decieving =]

i just got my Pearl Flip. All I can say is that looks can be decieving. I thought the phone was going to be big and bulky, as it looks like in the pictures. Boy was i wrong. Its small and feels like a regular flip phone but when you open it, BAM is screams blackerry power =]. The screen is really clear and crisp and my pictures look awesome. The flash is super bright =]. I love this phone =]

Pros

• - flip design
  • - solid feel
  • - crisp internal screen
  • - loud ringtones
  • - good camera

Cons

• - suretype keyboard takes some getting used to
  • -trackball indent takes some getting used to also
  • - took almost five minutes for the first boot up
  • - no protective sleeve in the box

Digital
posted on 13 Oct 2008, 21:04

Blackberry Pearl Flip T-Mobile

Just got the phone today, the phone feels great and i love the look of the phone so far. The screen is nice and clear which is good. Phone rings nice and loud call quality is very clear on both ends which was a problem on the curve i use to have. WiFI is very good on the phone it is nice and fast and works great on the hotspots too. This phone is a good buy  $199.99 with $50 mail in rebate on a 2 year contract.

Pros

• Great external Screen lets you see your emails and SMS,MMS with out opening the phone.
  • Great call qaulity
  • WiFI is fast at home and at T-Mobile HotSpots
  • Nice Crisp Internal Screen
  • MicroSD memory slot upto 8GB SDHC
  • Great Camera and flash video camera takes great pictures
  • AIM,Yahoo,MSN,ICQ chat clients are installed on the phone.
  • Compact size and weight
  • Great UI

Cons

• Takes some getting use to on the typing part but within a week of using it your typing speed will improve alot
  • Comes with only a 256mb MicroSD memory card
  • Did not come with any leather case to hold the phone like the curve did.