BlackBerry Pearl 8130 User Reviews

Battery7.5/10

Steven
posted on 27 Mar 2008, 15:30

4.8

Forgot about the other problems...

Sorry, but I forgot to mention that this thing also seems to constantly erase my text messages, call log, AND caller ID. So often times it wont let me accept an incoming call for some reason, and then it won't record the number of the person that called. So basically, unless I am sitting right at my desk with pen & pad ready or they leave a voicemail, I have no idea who has called me.

Steven
posted on 27 Mar 2008, 15:25

4.8

Real Disapointment

OK, I know smartphones are known to have a few issues with them, but the phone should actually work, right? I have been looking for quite some time now for a new phone that can do interet browsing, scheduler, phone, email, etc and I chose to go with the Blackberry Pearl from Verizon Wireless. I am now on my SECOND pearl from them since I got it around the end of December. I will say that I love the email and calendar, but the phone just doesnt work! The system locks up frequently, the pearl trackball has never worked right & takes forever to get it to scroll down on anything, and frequently it locks up every time I try to type in a phone number to dial. Oh yeah, at times it wont let me accept incoming calls either. I would love to think that it was just my phone, but I had these same problems with my first one too, thats why I got the second one. I have now owned it for over 3 months and I can't wait to replace it, that is sad.

Brooke
posted on 10 Mar 2008, 22:31

GOOD...BUT

The phone is awsome...good size, i got used to texting on it the ball became easy to use...but the deleting of the texts and call logs is annoying as everyone else has stated...I did some research and found that you need to clear memory space up...however my problem with this is i just got the phone and only had 5 messages on it...memory problem?? not so sure...but for those of you wondering heres the site to help clear up space http://blackberryfaq.com/index.php/How_do_I_free_up_memory_on_my_device%3F

Amy Green
posted on 07 Mar 2008, 19:38

6.4

I switched to the BB Pearl from a Palm Treo and after multiple aggrivating trips and phone calls to verizon and BB I am going back to the Treo. The phone would drop text messages,call logs and just stop working. After multiple attempts(15 to be exact) verizon switched phones out for me. It will lock up and you have to remove the battery to "reset" it to normal functions. This is by far the worst reliable phone I have ever had. It did work fine when it decides to workl!

JAR
posted on 05 Mar 2008, 13:14

Best PDA ever!

This phone has by far been the best I have owned. I charge it every 2-3 days and I use it constantly throughout the day! Great reception on VZW network. Only quirk as stated by another reviewer is that the phone deletes txt/call logs/emails randomly. I don't mind, since I don't necessarily want millions of txt adding up like it did on my Treo.

Previous post, mentioned he wanted to separate emails/txt/call log. this IS possible! I did it. I now have my call log separate than emails/txt. and my txt sorted separately than emails. Go to Messages icon, push in ball, push in blackberry button, select "options", scroll down to "SMS and Email Inboxes" change this to "separate". This should solve that problem!!!

Great Buy People!!!

Darby
posted on 16 Feb 2008, 16:23

5.4

Poor Functions

Nothing ever seems to operate like it should. Often it appears that the menu options will designate themselves from one time to another. Also, I have experienced on 5 devices that I have used, the memory on them is absolutely horrific and seems to delete itself at whim. The call log memory, email memory, and texts seem to do what they prefer, spontaneously erasing. On one the bluetooth quit functioning after no more than a week. Horrible! Every single one seems to have some quirk that the last one didn't. I have eventually settled on the one with fewest evils!

posted on 26 Jan 2008, 18:06

Awesome Phone

The Pearl had been one of the best phones I've ever had. It gets great reception in places I did not think possible. The sound quality is great, the suretype texting is very convient, and the camera is wonderful. The only problem I have had with the phone is when it decides to delete my call logs and text messages. I had to replace the phone which was a minor issue so I shall see if my new one has this issue. But other than that I absolutely LOVE this phone. I would highly recommend anyone to get this phone. and since it's with Verizon that just makes this phone even better.

TSkranch
posted on 21 Jan 2008, 22:58

Good Phone When it Works

I was excited to see the Pearl come out on Verizon because I had looked into several PDA's and after owning a Palm Treo 650p was somewhat scared. I wanted the BB reliability, stable OS etc, and my Pearl appears to be stable except for the memory leak issue which supposedly BB is trying to fix. I get my corporate emails directly to my phone, which is around 20+ per day, along with all the texts as well. My only lament is that the inbox does not seperate text messages, calls and emails. I would prefer to have one inbox just for email, and a seperate inbox for texts and mms. It just makes sense. Regular phones do that, I was a bit disappointed to realize that there was no way of separating these in my inbox. I like the call quality of the Pearl, reception is good, however in lower service areas (eg. Duluth MN) the phone isn't exactly a paperweight, but it certainly encroaches paperweight status especially when I am not downtown. (it's kinda embarassing actually, to have two other verizon phones that work just fine and my BRAND SPANKIN' NEW BB PEARL doesn't work...). Also I am a bit concerned with the manufacturing of the phone as in some cases it seems shoddy. For example, if you pull out the battery and look under it you can see circuitry. This is a detail that I would rather not actually lay eyes on. At least put something back there, even a sticker would be better than nothing. My back stays on, however it is loose feeling, not a huge deal that the silicone cover...

tracy
posted on 15 Jan 2008, 18:52

sprint bb8130 red

nice phone but cannot send mms messages i went to a sprint store and a sales rep say u can send pics to a number and it doesnt have mms features to do so great phone but dont rush a phone if it is not fully loaded with alll of it features as the guy said if not working within 30 days im also returning it thanks good luck

jodi
posted on 04 Jan 2008, 08:06

an ok phone for what it is

I had the BB 8830 and thought that the pearl (8130) would be pretty much the same. the phone is cool but it is a lot slower than the 8830 it just does not respond the same and the apps are slower to load.

R
posted on 23 Dec 2007, 22:30

Alltel Blackberry 8139 Pearl

I love the phone, the features are incredible... The only issue, my salesman neglected to tell me that MMS is not working on the phone. I called tech support and found out that Alltel & Blackberry are working on the problem. They released a phone with a 2-meg/pix camera that cannot send or receive pictures?! Im holding on the phone for the next 30-days if the problem is not resolved, Im taking it back... Im still torqued about the salesman's BS...

JJLO
posted on 03 Dec 2007, 11:12

Sprint BB 8130

The more I use the phone, the better I like the phone. I did not think I would like the suretype keyboard, but it is pretty good. I like the size of the phone and response on the internet is pretty good. I do recommend this phone!!

mark
posted on 27 Nov 2007, 14:02

8130 on Sprint,

About Time RIM has released a good phone on a real carrier.
Sprint's blackberry plan is great too. Unlimated Text, Nav, Web, And Email, along with access to Sprint Music and TV stores. and Only 30 bucks a month. Not to mention the 8130 is so much smarter than its GSM counterparts, Better sound, bluetooth and camera.

posted on 25 Nov 2007, 13:10

Random Deleting

I bought the phone 2 weeks ago when it came out and it was working great until recently. For some reason the phone's call log list, e-mails and text messages are being deleted every three hours by the phone. It has gotten really frustrating and I'm thinking about returning the phone

Chris
posted on 19 Nov 2007, 12:30

5.6

Nice phone just doesn't work

I bought this phone four days ago and I've had to return three times to exchange it. I just can't get a phone that works. Either the function keys didn't work, the music player didn't work, or the browser wasn't available. Now the mute button doesn't work,
I give up... I will never buy a BlackBerry again.

Tofast97
posted on 18 Nov 2007, 00:43

Why do you say things that make no since

The pearl is a great cacth for verizon and it seems that the phone was layed out well. the size is perfect and the streaming of music was awsome.

Why would anybody swicth to T-moblie for a phone? The whole point in having a phone is to make calls!! the manufacturs make phones and the network work supports them.( news flash) So i guess that verizon is really bad????

If you are looking for fun, work and a great phone the pearl is for you and the price is good.

joshua
posted on 23 Oct 2007, 14:32

SPRINT!!!!!

verizon is crap you get more bang for your buck with sprint.The pearl is gonna sell better on sprints network ,its a great phone i would suggest it to any blackberry lover.

superrios
posted on 26 Aug 2007, 17:52

verizon

Verizon is the best company because of the service. Finally getting the pearl, but a better pearl compared to the original .Those who are not verizon customers come to the other side and you will see,that we're the best and getting better.Peace

equivocally ambiguous
posted on 23 Aug 2007, 12:59

is this for real?!?!

I'm not surprised Verizon phones are like the primitive ones with the gigantic battery packs. Sometimes I feel like I'm Maxwell Smart talking into my shoe!! Bout time we got a touch of today with the Pearl. I'd switch to T-Mobile just for this phone, but you can't get service anywhere. Verizon, you're expensive, your phones suck, but you got great service. Please please please get the Pearl soon, i'm dying to get it!! Now if we can just work on your rates I'd be the happiest customer you've ever had. Kudos for finally paying attention to the comsumers requests!

jaime villan
posted on 21 Aug 2007, 16:31

best phone ever!

oh yes! FINALLY! verizon got the pearl! but it got a big improvement! 2meg cam pics video! i wander if it'll let you make your own ring tones? how about bluethoot transfer? or if the media player is as similar that the one the 8830 has! my self i got a env but with this ! ill get this when it comes out! finally verizon is up to date!