BlackBerry Curve 8900 User Reviews
Overal user rating
The overall rating is the average of all user reviews, while the overall alternatives are the ones that has been listed most.
Build quality8/10Text input10/10Everyday usage9/10UI speed9/10Camera5/10Multimedia9/10Internet7/10Call quality8/10Battery4/10Reception5/10Display7/10
Post new review
Please note that each user review reflects the opinion of its respectful author and not of Phone Arena.
posted on 23 Jan 2012, 20:35 (Posts: 1; Member since: 23 Jan 2012)
MarioQP has owned it for less than year before publishing this review
Well, like anothers BlackBerry, the Curve 8900 is no bad, but not too good. The QWERTY keyboard is essential for this phone and the best of it. The display is brilliant too, and not too big. It's slim and light.
If you activate Wi-Fi the battery is totally over, and the reception fails everytime. The camera is normal, 3 MP with LED flash. And the battery, well, the battery dies rapidly and you need to charge this phone almost everyday.Build quality 8/10Reception 5/10Call quality 8/10Internet 7/10Multimedia 9/10Camera 5/10UI speed 9/10Everyday usage 9/10Text input 10/10Display 7/10Battery 4/10
- Endurable and light
- QWERTY keyboard
- Brilliant display
- Loud speakerphone
- Very, very bad reception.
- The battery life is so short.
- You need to change the trackball often
- I can only download a pair of games, WhatsApp and TweetÜber
posted on 07 Jul 2010, 10:38
because it requires a minimum length of 250 words....
PROS/FEATURES YOU MAY LIKE...:)
2. it has BBM (BlackBerry Messenger)
3. qwerty keyboard
4. 3.2 MP autofocus cam. (depending on the model)
6. your internet use is controlled compared to the iPhone.
7. you can download applications as well
8. you can download MICROSOFT OFFICE ---> word, excel, and power point and even use it for the said presentation just by hooking it up in the computer.
9. the battery has a long life span.
10. expandable memory (depending on the model)
11. good speakers :)
12. very sleek features and is light...
13. a bluetooth that actually works.
14. voice command.
15. wifi ready.
CONS/THINGS YOU MAY HATE IN A BB PHONE:
1. the TRACKBALL!!!! >:/ if your as unfortunate as i am with sweaty palms the track ball sometimes gets sticky---and dirt/dust will eventually accumulate...therefore frequent "cleaning" is required.
2. this is only when your not yet used to using qwerty keyboard---> because BB's are sensitive it may be hard typing at time...and you'll find extra letters and misspelled letters in your text.
3. just like all BB/Cellphones that has wifi access...they said it may get viruses hence an antiVirus is advised---haven't tried having one though...:)
Design 8/10Features 8/10Performance 10/10
- based on performance----it's good enough,....i have no complains whatsoever with the performance...it never failed me once before....it has a long battery life----i rarely charge mine so i guess that's a good thing...well it has BBM---which is kinda cool if you know a lot of people who are also using BB.
- i have sweaty palms, so you could imagine how i suffer with the track pad...that's all i guess...:) the games aren't as "FUN" as the with the other phones but then it is a business phone so what else should i expect from it.
1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Do you?Report
posted on 27 Mar 2010, 15:42
Everyone says ' ah....thats a sweet little gadget', but underneath its a powerful device that will do almost any task you ask of it and never complain. I agree with the ' where is the 3g' comment, this phone ()in a good service area) will perform as good as or better than some phones I have seen or owned myself that HAVE 3G, so its not just what you got, its how you use it ! LOL.Its nice and easy to handle, personally I still LOVE the trackball, its my whole world ! and I'm not ready for a touchpad thingy just yet...so overall I really love this device, its a quality piece of kit.Design 9/10Features 9/10Performance 9/10
- lighweight, nice size, good performance, trackball...looks and feel quality and does so many things without fuss.
- froze on me once....fingers crossed it will not do it again. I don't like the in or out of the holster settings, I'd rather just not have the whole holster thing going on.
posted on 21 Dec 2009, 13:16
i really like my blackberry curve! i got it from gsmallover.com...i sort of wanted an iphone or storm2...but this phone is just as good for me, i don't need EVERYTHING on my phone, but this sure does have a lot!! maybe someday i'll have enough $$$ for an iphone but for now, this phone will definitely doDesign 7/10Features 7/10Performance 8/10
- good battery life
- not a touch screeen, i really like touch screens
- can't go to as many sites as i'd be able to with the iphone..
posted on 16 Nov 2009, 21:30
This is the best phone
This phone is amazing. The battery is great.. as long as wi-fi is off it can last a couple of days with regular usage. Although the buttons are somewhat small I cant complain since I dont have too difficult of a job texting. When I first got the phone it would randomly freeze and I would have to pull the battery. But a friend of mine told me to pull the battery once a day since it is a smart phone and it wont freeze.. so i did as he said and it hasnt frozen since. The phone is a solid piece of technology, I have unfortunately dropped it several times but it still works perfect. Best phone on tmobile by far.Design 9/10Features 10/10Performance 10/10
- small buttons
posted on 19 Aug 2009, 16:25
Bad little thang!
RIM keeps making them better and better. "Where the 3G?!" Come on with all that! This phone is WAY quicker than many 3G phones I've used.Design 10/10Features 10/10Performance 9/10
- Same great e-mail as other Blackberry phones
- Great 2MP Camera/video
- Apps are pretty good
- Internal memory is better than 8320 by far
- Comes with every accessory that you'd need.
- No lag time between menus and apps, like the Pearl 8220.
- Little to no accessories for it yet; but then again, it's still fairly new.
posted on 14 Aug 2009, 00:33 (Posts: 202; Member since: 13 May 2009)
Right there next to the bold...enough said
And for the people who say their battery sucks, its you.
ive been connected to wifi all day texting constantly and my battery is at 4 1/2... so swap your phone out!
i say better than iphone in someways.Design 8/10Features 9/10Performance 10/10
- keyboard is full
- tracball doesnt discolor after a while
- Best camera out there with auto focus button on side
- TOP BUTTON FOR LOCK!!!
- Fast loading when taking out sim to test other things
- battery life is good (and i have everything on)
- can last 2 days without charge (for me)
- picture quality
- video quality is much better than bold
- call quality
- BEAUTIFUL speakers
- going from an iphone to blackberry in general, miss the apps
- going from bold to this, miss the bigger keys
- again from iphone to this, web browser and zooming funtion, much different
- Hit lock button on accident and pocket dial (unless you have a password)
- nothing internal is bad though
posted on 03 Jul 2009, 08:02
BlackBerry 8900 obviously one of the BEST phones Ever!!!!!!!!!!!Design 9/10Features 10/10Performance 10/10
- great Design Features Performance
posted on 03 Jul 2009, 01:01
I LOVE THIS PHONE
To begin....this is a great phone....I am very impressed by the phone period.....I love the screen because it is cyrstal clear...it is very stylish and I love the way the new media player is set up. I use my phone for everything so this phone is more than a phone...it is a device....I dont have as much to say.....however if there is anyone wondering...look try the phone out and see for yourself!Design 9/10Features 8/10Performance 9/10
- battery life
1 out of 2 people found this review helpful. Do you?Report
posted on 13 Jun 2009, 17:07
Curve to the 10th Power
i got the new curve last wknd (about 2 wks after it was released 4 att)... im in love wit it, its soooooo much faster than my old 8310 (with the new v4.5 software)... wifi is always great (i dont have a data package) and the messaging is easier (not many changes but added features like a to box in sms messages where u can just type a name instead of goin into the contacts)... screen is amazing and same 4 the camera (ive taken pictures tht looked so good that they still dont believe i took em)... only a few things to b picky about (and i mean really picky), i dont like that everything is in folders now, while it does consolidate alot of the icons (especially since they only go 3x5 on apps page) its annoying if u have a folder in ur bottom dock of the home screen, once u leave it, u dont go back to the home screen but instead to the apps... i do wish that rim would adopt a conversation system (if for nothing else sms and mms messages) like that of the palm centro or iphone... but overall its a great phone (while no 3G, but ok bc of wifi) and id recommend it to anyone lookin 4 a smartphone or just a phone wit a full keypadDesign 9/10Features 9/10Performance 7/10
- faster than old curves
- lighter than old curves
- amazing screen and camera (friends dont believe pics were taken by a phone)
- wifi works good (but drains battery really quick)
- media card and sim card easier to acces than in old curves (no more locking trays)
- lock button at top (no need to waste a convience key or icon space)
- regular headphone port (and fits ipod headphones just fine)
- battery life could be better (especially with no 3G)
- wish it still had an L-theme like v4.5 software on old curves
- charger/usb tip is no longer usb 2.0 (so u cant use chargers and usb cords from old curves with it)
- browser is nice but some sites (like full facebook) wont work for some reason
- apps hard to find (even with app store)
- facebook app isnt as advanced as iphone (u can only send photos, pokes, wall posts, and messages)
12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Do you?Report
posted on 26 Apr 2009, 09:21
Love this Phone!
I absolutely love this phone, the OS is amazing, and I am happy that this phone does have Wi-Fi. I feel a drawback is the fact that this phone doesn't have 3G but it is not that big of an issue since almost everyplace you go has wi-fi now. The keyboard is wonderful and it is such a nice mix between the curve and the bold. I am very happy with this phone.Design 10/10Features 10/10Performance 8/10
- Lots of Features
- Lack of 3G
1 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Do you?Report
posted on 19 Mar 2009, 14:17
Pretty sweet phone but not all it's hyped up to be.
i purchased the phone 2 days after it was released to the general public. the rep did not set it up correctly so i was having major problems with picture messaging (sparaticly not working) well, after 2 hours of customer care it was fixed. but!!! since t-mobile does NOT have a good reputation with picture messaging, in this area at least, there are still delays. messaging quality is great i love the grouping of messages into conversations except the fact that each previous message has to still be in your inbox to show up in the complete grouped one. that kinda sucks:( the media center is amazingly designed. i love the fact that you can play music in the background of messages internet exc. i also love how you can exit to the home screen while on a call && take pictures while on a call! overall, an 8 out of 10 for this phone. love the WiFi!!!!!!! THEY SAY YOU NEED INTERNET TO USE THE WiFi, LIES!!!!! the only thing that work work if you don't have internet are the IM clients:( the camera could have a few more megapixels. also, the messaging grouping could be streamlined.Design 9/10Features 8/10Performance 10/10
- read review
- read review
2 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Do you?Report
posted on 09 Mar 2009, 19:15
8900 Probably the best phone i've ever had!!!
Ihave had the 8900 Curve for approximately 2 months now and I'm in love. Ive had blackberrys before i have always liked the performace and status of the brand. the only thing I am not totally happy with is the battery life...but after going on several forums, I have the answer!!!! its the pouch, in the pouch I used to get 24hrs use if i was lucky. Since removing it from the pouch and buying a skin I get 5 days!!!! hope rim can sort this with a software release!Design 10/10Features 10/10Performance 9/10
- Sleek Design!
- Its not a nokia!
- Keyboard is excellent
- Trackball is very smooth compaired to other blackberrys
- Screen is brilliant
- OS 4.6 is smooth
- The battery zapping pouch!!
7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Do you?Report
posted on 17 Feb 2009, 14:25
Great phone. could be perfect
Ive had this phone through my bussiness channel for about 2 months now and come to really like it. I use to have a Verizon Treo phone and couldnt stand the reception and data problems. So when i got the 8900 i was skeptical at the carrier and phone. However after the 2 months I can say that im very happy with both. The crispness of reception and the screen is a great combo. Knowing i am going to get that call from my customers the first time around really helps, peace of mind. I would definately recommend this phone to anyone looking for bussiness/busy lifestyle phone.Design 10/10Features 8/10Performance 10/10
- Great camera
- Wi Fi
- nice design
- easy to use and navigate
- Not 3g
- would like apps store
5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Do you?Report
posted on 14 Jan 2009, 22:05
Successful Curve with Bold Look
I have had this phone for almost a month, and I'm pretty impressed with the performance of the device as well as it looks. It's a light Blackberry with a beautiful crisp screen and vivid colors. Though it has no 3G it doesn't suffer from the problems that the Bold suffers from since it's running the same OS 4.5, 3G must be the big woe for the Bold/9000. Like the title implies, the 8900 has the same Curve success formula presented in a Bold new way.Design 9/10Features 8/10Performance 9/10
- Beautiful high resolution HVGA screen
- Light and smaller then the Bold offering almost all the same features
- UMA, WiFi, GPS
- Good set of apps.
- Overall great call performance
- Browser needs refinement
- Some build issues, for example my screen reacts when I press the End key on the phone, looks like it might be over-tightened
- No 3G (I don't know if this is a good thing, seeing the problems on the Bold)
- WiFi on drains battery faster then off, should shut off after a while if not in use like iPhone.
- No App store like the Storm
38 out of 44 people found this review helpful. Do you?Report