BlackBerry Bold 9700 T-Mobile User Reviews

Quita
posted on 29 Mar 2011, 13:37

Love it!!!

Quita has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I bought this phone, after I had my MyTouch for 2 weeks. I hated it due to I had nails and could not work the touch screen. I love everything about the phone, I have always had Blackberrys and this one is so easy to use and navigate on. I chose this one after seeing how much my husband loved his. Best purchase thus far.

Pros

• easy navigation, user friendly,

Cons

• N/A

Mr_Ima
posted on 15 Jun 2010, 00:42

Worse Phone ever!!!

I hate this phone! There I had to get that out. Before I score this horrible phone let me first say that I do not hate Blackberry phones, just this one. It drops calls like crazy, switches between 3g and edge networks like a indecisive child, and I had a period where for six hours I didn't get a phone call, text, or voicemail. Not until I did the hard reset by removing the battery did I receive all my calls, texts, and voicemail. I'm a married man with three children, and for my primary source of communication to not work for six hours is totally unacceptable! I had a warranty replacement and when I got it the delete and enter buttons where broken off! I don't know what T Mobile is doing with this phone but they should stop it immediately before it results in a lawsuit.

Pros

• nice screen, track pad

Cons

• poor reception, and software.

Jonnys_Wifey
posted on 12 Apr 2010, 15:58

Great phone but not for me

I got this phone on sunday. It's a great phone a loevly little device my first blackberry, but sadly I am taking it back tomorrow do the the little buttons. My life revolves around txting and I cant do that on this phone. I dont know if it's because I have nails or what but I cant type worth nothing on this phone and theres no sice of keeping a $400 phone if I cant use it. Maybe when they make a newer bb hopely it will have bigger keys, its like the mushed everything together. I am just going to wait for the my touch slide or my touch2 to come out. This phone is great if you have tiny little finger but i dont. lol

Pros

• Interface
  • Camera is ok
  • uma is great!!

Cons

• Buttons are to little
  • Browser is a little slow
  • Not many apps

Jasmin Softic
posted on 18 Mar 2010, 17:23

Best Blackberry On The Market

Upgraded from the Curve 8900... First thing i have to mention is the 3G, data is a lot faster then the 8900 although the browser on the Blackberrys doesnt compare to the other competition on the market you will love to appreciate the 3G. The trackpad is wonderful, doesnt get stuck doesnt get dirty and is very responsive. Display on the device is gorgeous, clear and crisp doesnt get better... The USB plug in for the charger could be be better is difficult at times but nothing a charging pod cant fix. Battery life is AMAZING due to the fact it shares the same battery as the original Bold 9000. It is very sleek, sophisticated and the leather back is a very nice extra. Overall if you need a device for E-Mail, SMS text and a full qwerty keyboard this is the device for you, if your main goal is web surfing, apps and multimedia stick w/ the i-phone or go for Droid.

Pros

• 3G
  • Trackpad
  • Wi-Fi Calling ( Tmobile only )

Cons

• Browser ( Get on it RIM )
  • keyboard at times feels loose

Alex Wiedzmin
posted on 12 Jan 2010, 20:08

Best BlackBerry I ever owned

This is by far the best BlackBerry I have ever owned or used (and I've gone through Multiple Curves, Tour, Storm, original Bold). Just as powerful as the original Bold 9000, but more compact - allowing for one-handed typing and with a far superior camera. Combined with the new BlackBerry OS version 5.0 and no movable parts to break or wear out (dirty-black trackballs anyone?) - this is the best BlackBerry yet. The use of microUSB was a little disappointing since I could no longer use my old chargers, and it's somewhat harder to plug-in, but a couple $20 cradles took care of that problem. Works great with Opera Mini 5 Beta 2, which compensates beautifully for BlackBerry's only shortcoming - BlackBerry Browser. Optical trackpad might take a couple hours of getting used to, but don't forget that both vertical and horizontal sensitivity can be adjusted separately.

Pros

• Very fast, large keyboard, no movable parts, great camera

Cons

• High cost, inconvenient camera key, incompatible with older chargers

happy camper
posted on 09 Dec 2009, 13:58

great new nav button

The technical aspects of the phone are nice, but it is the personal touch that makes it great.  The new flat nav button is much nicer, does not get dirty from when you are using the device as a phone. Plus, it just feels good in your hand.  I switched from the AT&T Tilt and found the features much easier to navigate, more so than the original Bold (which my husband has.)

mangobeach1
posted on 07 Dec 2009, 22:16

Blackberry Bold II

I am really impressed on how this phone has worked for me. I very happy over all with this device performance.
The GPS feature (Telenav) works great! able to use GPS & Make phone call @ the same time. I really dont care about the camera, but never was a fan of the camera phone fad. Its agreat phone over all, the con would be the slow BB browser.  you would think RIM would have upgraded the browser by now. Outside of that, I love this phone.

Pros

• Great GPS, Wifi, & Screen!

Cons

• RIM's browser is slow!!!!!!!!

dotdotjuan
posted on 29 Nov 2009, 14:33 (Posts: 0; Member since: 29 Nov 2009)

Might be the best Blackberry...ever

After waiting over 8 months for the arrival of this phone, I couldn't be any more satisfied. It does everything right that BlackBerry fans love. And how could we ignore that it's the first Blackberry (and T-Mobile phone) with 3G data and UMA over Wi-Fi. And with RIM's expanding app catalog, it might just be the best smartphone out there.

Pros

• - 3G
  • - Wi-Fi
  • - Trackpad
  • - OS 5.0
  • - Great battery life
  • - 3.2 MP camera with flash and auto-focus
  • - 480x360 videocam resolution
  • - Bright crisp HD-like screen

Cons

• - I didn't like how media isn't an app now, but a folder with different apps like Pictures, Music, etc.
  • - Being the 4th RIM device with a 3.2 MP camera, a 5 MP camera would've fit better with the device.
  • - RIM needs to expand their FREE app catalog.

naush
posted on 21 Nov 2009, 17:57

legit

well after having this device for about a week now and it being my first 3g smartphone it is safe to say that this is the best phone i've ever had.

the blackberry app world isnt very concise as i have found a vast amount of apps which arent  found on the program.

originally i had wanted an android touchscreen(hero, hd2) but i settled for this, good alternative. overall it's a good buy and worth the money.

music player: legit
screen: legit
style: legit
keyboard: legit
trackpad: legit
phone: legit
os: legit

- Killa G

Pros

• very fast, multitasking is simple, you can do practically anything, layout is customizable and very easy to use. styling is amazing as it is smaller than the 9000 but better.

Cons

• the track pad sometimes gets a bit annoying as it isnt as accurate as i would like it to be, but overall it's a good alternative to the trackball. the screen smudges easily but then what screen doesn't though cleaning is very easy as i use this cloth that was provided to me when i had bought my laptop.