Asus Transformer Prime User Reviews

Everyday usage8.8/10
Camera8.3/10
Multimedia8.5/10

bowser23
posted on 05 Feb 2013, 23:04 (Posts: 0; Member since: 05 Feb 2013)

transformer prime tf201

bowser23 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

this Tablet is a great device and very fast i like how i have a tegra 3 proccessor chip in it the keyboard is a bit annoying like when i am typing the cursor would move the interface is kinda distortef

Build quality 5/10 well built
Everyday usage 6/10 it gets the job done
Text input 10/10 very fast
Display 9/10 nice resolution
Battery 6/10 it last longer if your using the keyboard

Pros

• proccessor is fast
  • the rear facing camera is awesome great quality
  • control things

Cons

• speaker has the tendency to blow
  • the internet becomes unresponsive
  • it force closes it self
  • dont like where the sd card goes in the side it has a tendecy to fall out

bobfreking55
posted on 17 Mar 2012, 04:20 (Posts: 866; Member since: 15 Jul 2011)

TPrime

bobfreking55 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

My Graduation Gift is the Asus Eee Pad Transformer Prime. I have no keyboard but this tablet is the best. This vs. the iPad 3, iPad does not have flash, quad core, LED Flash, etc. 32GB is also great for the price unlike the iPad. Has expandable storage too + USB.
It's also very sexy and thin.

Build quality 9/10 Back is still prone to scratches
Reception 8/10 Weak Wi-Fi Pickup when distant, but is usable.
Internet 10/10 No Problems with it.
Multimedia 10/10 No Problems with it.
Camera 10/10 No Problems with it. Simply the Best.
UI speed 10/10 No Problems with it. Quad Core Goodness
Everyday usage 10/10 I don't even leave my tablet.
Display 9/10 HD screens are coming out already.

Pros

Cons

• No 3G

dmm2k2
posted on 12 Mar 2012, 17:45 (Posts: 0; Member since: 12 Mar 2012)

Transformer prime and keyboard

dmm2k2 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

I just bought an Asus 32gb transformer prime with the keyboard dock in january and it has some bad pixels on it. When I called the company to see if they can fix it, they said the cost would totally be on me because customers cause the damage to the screen. They haven't seen the screen or any pictures of the screen and yet they already said they aren't responsible for the screen and that screen issues are up to the customer to pay and fix. I will never support this company by purchasing thier products again as this with the keyboard was over $600 and they will not support it at all after only 2 months.
I love everything about this tablet except that ASUS will not support it. they wouldn't even guestimate as to the cost to fix the screen, they said I would have to pay to send it to them and return postage back to me and they would then tell me the cost to fix the screen.

Pros

• very fast, great battery life and built very well.

Cons

• horrible support from ASUS, media support isn't nearly as good as the archos 101 g9,

bvanvorst1587
posted on 11 Feb 2012, 12:36 (Posts: 0; Member since: 11 Feb 2012)

Great Tablet

bvanvorst1587 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

First off it is hard to get a hold of. Since every place is sold out and people online want your first born for one. But once I got it, it has been one of if not the best gadgets I have ever owned or held/played with. It feels really good in your hands. Its slim, light and feels really strong in your hands(well made). Some people talked about the boarder being to big, but I have normal thumbs that fill in the space nicely making sure I have a good hold of it and not covering any part of the screen. Any less I would be covering something with my thumb. For the issues with WiFi, I haven't had really any issues. People talked about not getting a signal, almost full bars 4 Apts down from mine, connect to my WiFi. Think people just have bad routers. The download speed was a little slow, but as soon as it updated to ICS 4.0.3 downloads as fast as any mobile device I have ever seen. For GPS, tested in Apt and out side walking around. Couple places here and there, but seems to work fine. Haven't went on a road trip with it, but wouldn't use it for GPS anyway since they make real GPS units for that. I would rather play a movie or music videos from my Prime then watch an over sized map with a blue arrow pointing where I'm supposed to be going anyway. There have been a couple things that kinda have me a little annoyed, one being the screen seems to distort sometime. Not sure what its call but it will have weird shaped blacked out spots for milli-sec or line goine across the screen. Only...

Pros

• ICS
  • Slim/light weight
  • Great screen

Cons

• Random Reboots
  • pixel distortion